• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The LOST Finale (SmashCon's Brawl Special Event! w/... - March 30th, 2013 - Lafayette, LA

Curlz

Smash Lord
LOST (THE GRAND FINALE!)
Lafayette's Official Smash Tournament​
March 30, 2013

Lousiana Smash and Lafayette's Play N Trade would like to present you with the final installment of the LOST Series.​
Spnosred by:​
This event is SmashCon's Brawl Special Event. Anyone who places gets DOUBLE POINTS in the SmashCon Circuit leading up to SummerCon 2013!​
Special thanks to an anonymous donor, there is a $25 Cash Bonus to the 1st Place winner of Playstaion All-Stars.​
Play N Trade is also offering to pay for the 1st place winner of Super Smash Brothers Melee entry into the Evolution Championship Series.​
That's right folks, the winner of Melee gets paid entry into EVO!!!!!​

Dates/ Schedule:

Saturday:
Noon: Smash 64 Singles & Brawl Doubles Begin
3pm: Melee Singles & Playstation All-Stars Doubles Begin
5pm: Brawl Singles & Playstaion All-Stars Singles Begin

Fees & Prizes:
$10 Entry Per Event
($7 Entry / $3 Venue)

$10 Entry Per Team
($7 Entry / $3 Venue)

NO REFUNDS

Singles Payouts:
1st Place: 55%
2nd Place: 25%
3rd Place: 15%
4th Place 5%

Doubles Payouts:
1st Place: 60%
2nd Place: 25%
3rd Place: 15%

All prizes will be paid out in Store Credit.

Venue Info:
2668 Johnston Street
Lafayette, LA 70506
(337) 456-5163

The PnT is located inside an Alberson's Parking lot. Behind a CiCi's Pizza.

General Info:

GENERAL

My cell phone number is (337) 278 8137 if you have questions about anything, call/text me.

-No alcohol inside the building.
-No fighting.
-Please throw away your trash.
-Please listen and help out the Tournament Organizers and Staff by listening and working with them.
-As organizer, I reserve the right to modify or change rules in order to accommodate the tournament's needs. I will notify players accordingly should a change be made on the day of the tournament.
-Similarly, as an organizer, I want this to be the best tournament possible. If you think something could be better, tell me how. We'll go from there.
-All tournaments will be a double-elimination bracket seeded to the best of my knowledge.

EQUIPMENT INFORMATION

-If you want this to run smoothly and quickly we will need as many setups as possible so please bring whatever you can for any event.
-All TVs and Game Systems that are donated for this event will be taken complete care of by the staff. We are not liable for any broken or malfunctioning TV or Game System, however, we will make sure nothing happens to your equipment.
-All TVs and Game Systems will be used for tournament play.
-If you are entered in a tournament and you are playing on a TV without being called for a tournament match, you will be asked to stop whatever you are doing and to get off the TV. If you refuse, you will be DQ'd from the tournament with NO REFUND.
-If you are not entered in a tournament and you are playing on a TV, you will be asked to stop whatever you are doing and to get off the TV. If you refuse you will be booted from the venue.

Rules:

KNOW THESE! I will hold every player responsible for knowing the rules. If you play a game on a stage you didn't know was banned, TOO BAD. No matches will be replayed due to ignorance of the rules.

So know the rules!

BRAWL

-Normal Match: best 2/3 games; Grande Finals: best 3/5 sets of best 2/3 games*
*If there is a time constraint, we will cut the sets down to best 2/3.
-3 stocks, 8 minutes time limit
-Metaknight is legal
-Items turned off
-Team attack on
-Double Metaknight is banned for doubles
-In the event of a tie in stock, the person with the higher percent loses

Stage list:
Neutral- Final Destination, Battlefield, Smashville, Yoshi's Island (Brawl), Pokemon Stadium 1
Counterpick- Castle Siege, Lylat Cruise, Battleship Halberd, Delfino Plaza, Frigate Orpheon

MELEE

- Items are set to off.
- Stock and Time are set to 4 stock and 8 minutes, respectively.
- Double Blind*: If elected.
- Contest Port Priority*: If elected.
- Neutral Start*: If elected.
- Standard DSR*
- Gentleman’s Clause*
- Forced Character Selection*: Off
- Matches that time out will be determined by the remaining number of lives, then percentage of the current stock. In the event of a percentage tie, the match should be replayed in full. Sudden Death is not to be played, and will not count.

Stage list:
Neutral: Battlefield, Dream Land 64, Final Destination, Fountain of Dreams, Yoshi's Story
Counter pick: Pokemon Stadium

Extra Rules

- Wobbling IS allowed, but it must not go beyond 200% to prevent excessive stalling.
- Kirbycides count towards the Kirby winning the match.

SMASH 64
-5 stock​
-No Items​
-Best 2 of 3​
-Double Elimination​
-Grand Finals will be decided by a best 3 of 5 matches and if the winner of the loser bracket wins a final set best 2 of 3.​
-Starter Stage: Hyrule​
-Neutrals:Dreamland, Hyrule, Congo​
-Winner may Ban one stage​
-Loser Picks​
-All Stages are unbanned after each match​
-12 min limit on GF matches​
PLAYSTATION ALL-STARS
3 Stocks​
6 Minutes*​
Items set to OFF​
Stage Hazards set to OFF​
AP Generation set to MEDIUM​
Sets will be best 2 out of 3 games. (winner's, Loser's, and Grand Finals will be best 3 out of 5 games.)​
-First stage will be played on Small Practice Stage 2.​
-Losing Player from Game 1 may switch their character, winner player must stay the same character.​
-Losing player from Game 1 can pick any stage they would like to play on.​
-Process repeats for games 2, 3, 4 & 5 if needed.​
*= Matches will be played on a 6 minute timed match and a judge will be keeping score until one player kills their opponent 3 times. In the event of Overtime, first kill wins.​

Any Comments, Questions, Suggestions, or Complaints? Let me know!:)

WE NEED SET UPS!

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
O yeah! Gotta get back on dat PSAS grind.

Curlz, dem payouts are wonky bruh. Change singles to 50/25/15/10 and dubs to 60/30/10 plz. 5% of da pot is hardly worth anything.

007-jake

Smash Journeyman
Also, I think you should change the $10 per event, because if you enter say 2 events, it should be $17 not $20, unless you have to pay the venue fee for each event, which would be ****ed up. I thought venue fees were a one charge fee. It's a little misleading.

Edit

Curlz

Smash Lord
Well instead of one steep venue fee of $18 when you first walk in you only have to pay the venue for the tournaments you enter (example you only entering Melee). The venue fee goes towards paying for the electricity you used as well as the possible lack of sales made at the store (the owner told me that there is an obvious downward spike in sales on tournament days because its alot of commotion that customers don't wanna be around) so basically you pay what you play.
I find it works better like this.

@Brawlman: The funky payout to to encourage more people in entering. More incentive for the not-so-power ranked, but if everyone agrees to it for Brawl, ill change it for Singles.

Brawlman1000

Smash Ace
NNID
Bman1K
3DS FC
2981-7986-9482
Fair enough.

Also, it is MANDATORY that we get stuff recorded this time. Seeing as this is a special event and all.

007-jake

Smash Journeyman
That would be quite messed up if someone were to enter, say 4 events and have to pay a $12 venue fee. But whatever, Im just entering one, possibly that.

Gunnermaniac

Smash Ace
Fair enough.

Also, it is MANDATORY that we get stuff recorded this time. Seeing as this is a special event and all.
Yeah I was very disappointed Slidell's matches didn't get recorded, especially after the bracket issues and the fact that it said in the OP we'd record ALL matches.

Curlz

Smash Lord
If someone could bring a video recording setup, ill gladly record them. Until then I think we're SoL.

Top Bottom