• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Long Island Smash Thread: Billy Joel and Wings Over

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Grr i believe its clobbering time.

But real talk i just meant brawl people dont post here so your post is going to fall on deaf ears (eyes since its text)

:phone:

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
As much of a melee head as I am, I'm okay with him posting about it because when I did make this thread I did make it both.

Brawlheads don't really post in here, and I'm not sure why. At least they haven't in a while.

On a different note, is anyone from LI going to Dissentation in MA?
I wanted to but I just started a second job and dont have the $$$ yet.

I think KP's gonna try for a mass madness in july. The big one in August interferes w/ my girlfriends birthday and its too close to FC.

Idk though things have been ****ty lately. I might start working like 60+ hours a week and melee might take a back seat.

Smashjin

Smash Ace
I recently started a job Saturday's and Sunday's basically covering for someone who is sick, so I don't know how easy I can get weekends off at the moment.

@raptor you should play melee more often D:

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
If u get good with yoshi he is honestly very solid in melee. But imo he might be the hardest character to use (effectively). And at perfect play i hear he is 4th best in the game.

Anyway just watch vectorman,leffen, or angle's yoshi and tell me he is worse in melee (if i was good enough yoshi is the only character i would consider dropping peach for or duel maining with)

KidWithChemicals

Smash Cadet
ok sooo..a few things.
Ben, lemme know if you really wanna do this whole tourny thing. i'd love to help out with it, for real.

i got mad hyped when i saw the post about a tourny, and started reading the thread. then i realized it's for brawl. #slapintheface

dissention! so i wanna go. i think i'm gonna see if i can borrow my moms car for the day. and i would be leaving really early to get there on time. if anyone's down to join. lemme know. i kinda don't wanna take the ride by myself if i do end up being able to borrow her whip.

yoshi in melee! don't talk **** about that *****! he's a beast. i've been practicing some tech skill with him this past week. i'm legitimately going to try picking him and falco up.

what's good with this tourny that's supposedly going down tomorrow in the city?

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Hey everyone! I can't believe there's been a LI smash community for so long and I didn't know about it! Anyway, I'm Kimimaru/Thomas and I've started playing Melee since it came out, but since last year I've started to play competitively. I go to school all the way in California so I'm not home often, but I play a great deal here with good players like joeplicate, HyugaRicdeau, Shroomed, etc.

I'll be in LI the entire week of the 17th and in late July through mid September, so if we can get a smashfest going around those times that would be great! And yes, I'm a Yoshi main!

EDIT: Also, is everyone on the first page currently active?

Shroomed

Smash Master
I'll personally vouch for Thomas being pretty ****in good.

I thought he was trolling when he picked Yoshi/Ness. I was completely wrong.

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
O **** hes a yoshi (insta cool guy)

Anyway as i posted b4 i am thinking about hosting a tourney and billy is going to co host with me. We atm r thinking one of the first 2 weekends in july. I am going to text or facebook message some people asking which weekend is better but i would also like responses in this thread.

Also atm this tourney is a 1 off thing, but if it goes well it might become a monthly or something. If/ when billy and i get experience we might even move the tourney to a larger venue and try to promote it to the city folk. So lets try to show up and make this tourney a good 1

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Correction: I'll be in LI the entire week of the 17th and in mid August through mid September. Sorry for that; I thought my summer classes ended earlier. And Shroomed, thanks for that :)

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
O yea i was thinking about seeding people after the 1st tourney, i would only seed the top 4 just so the two who would most likely be in the gf's dont have to play round 1. This wouldn't start till after the first tounrey and it only will effect the top 4 just making sure they dont play early on but it wont force the worst players to play the best round 1.

I want opinions on this (would people be ok with this)

Ryan-K

Smash Master
yoshi in melee! don't talk **** about that *****! he's a beast. i've been practicing some tech skill with him this past week. i'm legitimately going to try picking him and falco up.
Yoshi...i won a local with him back in like 06... basically dtilt ***** spacies for free, learn his instant edgehog and egg throw shenanigans by the ledge and never forget that his neutral b is an airgrab and a good mixup...look up some zenothlee for combo stuff

falco you'll get scrubbed out but don't get discouraged.

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
As long as theres a Boat Mode seed in which I play the worst seeds in order that sounds great.

How do you play yourself first round?

KidWithChemicals

Smash Cadet
@Kimimaru definitely post up in here when your getting back here to the island. i'd love to meet and play with you when you're back.

@dan...from the looks of things, i doubt i'm going to dissention. my monetary situation is looking too bleak. u_u

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Hey, sure thing! I'll be back on the island this Friday, but I'm leaving for MA on Saturday and won't be back until Monday. If we can get more people to play then that would be great too!

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I'm going to Wellesley to visit a relative. Sadly I won't be able to make it to Dissention, sorry.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Do you guys wanna play on Tuesday? Maybe we can get a decently-sized smashfest going if possible.

Also Smashjin, don't feel bad because I'm traveling with my parents and I doubt they'd let me play smash with you if I were in the area anyway.

KidWithChemicals

Smash Cadet
i can try and get a fest going. but i doubt tuesday will work out well. it seems the usual days to play during the week fall on wed nd thurs for everyone.

oh yea, and have you joined the long island melee group on facebook?

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Oh, Wednesday and Thursday work well for me too. I'll join the group right now.

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
Started that second job, mad busy. Haven't played since Codi's right after Zenith. Hoping I can get my **** worked out and get my head back in the game. Problem is, I need people who I can be like, yo wanna play for 87 mins at 9:50pm?

Wtf is this **** about "growing up" and "responsibilities" I wanna play melee son.

Smashjin

Smash Ace
Started that second job, mad busy. Haven't played since Codi's right after Zenith. Hoping I can get my **** worked out and get my head back in the game. Problem is, I need people who I can be like, yo wanna play for 87 mins at 9:50pm?

Wtf is this **** about "growing up" and "responsibilities" I wanna play melee son.
Me too man :(

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Someone wanna try and get something going tomorrow or Thursday? I have plenty of spare time and will be here until Sunday.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Go figure, the second I told my parents about this they said no. Looks like I won't be able to play with you guys after all :(.

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
I'm 19 and don't have a car, but my parents are overprotective and worry about me way too much.

Fregadero

Smash Journeyman
How would they feel about a large, bearded older man picking you up? I could bring candy if that would help.

2 years is older right?

N.A.G.A.C.E

Smash Champion
Thats a shame, u go to school in cali right? U should tell your parents you just spent a year meeting strangers b/c that is part of being 19 and in collage. Also maybe bring up how its a group so its not like u r meeting some creepy person. Also maybe thank them for worrying but tell them u r getting older and they need to trust your judgment.

Well this is the kinda stuff i would say to my parents if they were worried about this stuff, not saying u should try this. Also not having a car is a bummer, lasty what town do u live in? Maybe someone could give u a ride if needed

And results may vary

Kimimaru

Smash Ace
Yeah, I already tried that but they said it's (somehow) different in school. Billy would've gave me a ride if they let me go. It's really annoying because I've been bored mostly all of my time here and none of my other friends here play Melee.

Top Bottom