• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The London Thread (Tournaments, etc) FIRST POST UPDATES

Sniper123

Smash Cadet
Nhat has a sick G&W, seriously..........it nearly beat me! :laugh:

heh brought my samus to last stock and i think beat it once, very good though

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Alright guys, looks like I might have a free house again saturday. Just PM me or contact via msn to know details, as I'm unsure at the moment. Not sure how many people I can take, but everyone's welcome.

Dougie Grumble

Smash Rookie
Hate to ask...does anyone think they could spend a few mins helping me with edgeteching next 'fest I attend? There's so many different explanations on the boards, I could use the old fashioned slap upside of the head, yelling "NOW" method of learning.

I'm really pleased with my tech skills in every other area now, it's bugging me I have no real method of practicing recoveries :ohwell:

nesstee

Smash Apprentice
Well in the mean time till the next 'fest, how do you practice edge techin? maybe i can help here

Dougie Grumble

Smash Rookie
As cpus seem to dislike edgeguarding me with anything that isn't a jab or a throw, I have to wait for the only other smasher I know to attack me in practice mode, trying to find the right time to press R.

Problem is, I only see him on Tuesdays and Saturdays; and he's almost always drunk (bad timing on edgeguarding), or bored after five minutes.

I've read that pressing R a split second before being hit works, and another method is holding down R during an upB and releasing it as I'm hit. Both have worked for us during these practice sessions, but very rarely.

Which method do you use personally? And do you feel certain stages are easier to tech off? I practice on FD and DL64, if it helps. I guess I need a better understanding of the timing involved before I can practice it at all...

Anyway, cheers for replying :lick: I appreciate it.

FrostByte

Smash Lord
No prob. Also, do you main G&W? Because to get the timimg right, you have to press R as soon as you use your third jump.

Any one else up for tomorrow?

Dougie Grumble

Smash Rookie
Mragh, I "main" 22 of them; do all characters have their individual timings like G&W? :urg:

Have fun tomorrow, I'll post back with more thanks if my session goes down well.

Kman25

Smash Ace
To practice ledge teching, Go Training and lay proximity mines on the ledge, And just tech those. Thats what I did when the kids were asleep ^^

Dougie Grumble

Smash Rookie
I found a surprisingly effective method last night; a Ganon recovering against a lvl 9 Falco will let you tech Fsmashes, Usmashes, Dsmashes, and up/down tilts. I found most other characters messed up the cpu's aim, but Ganon's arc is perfect for it. Occasionally Falco will throw instead, but that's nothing patience can't fix :p

Anyway, after a few hours of following the advice, I can suddenly tech Falco's attacks 50% of the time! I'm not sure if I'll be able to do the same against other moves, but that's what today's session will find out.

I'll try your method too Kman, sounds like a good idea (particularly for the characters I can't train against falco with). This should be my last post on the matter hopefully, I'll nail this by the week's end :chuckle:

juganthestar

Smash Journeyman
Nhats G&W is pwning my Falco and **** >.<
Well least im no noob xD

Next fest plz when?

Sorry aint been on net because i dont have it sorry for any lateness

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
Im up for g&w dittos and ofcorse any ylink dittos. ive never played against a good g&w

Dougie Grumble

Smash Rookie
I'm intrigued to see Nhat in action... I played a G&W/Pichu user at the January fest but I don't know if it was him or not.

Either way my G&W will be bringing his "A" game, it'd be a good match :)

juganthestar

Smash Journeyman
i can play SSB64 but on Project64 only =/
When next fest im so dying, GSCE stress taking me out and i wanna relieave my stress by playing others

FrostByte

Smash Lord
Everyone that could make it on saturday, thanks for coming. Even though it resulted in the (temporary) loss of a Wii and a GC, it was worth it. GGs all, and I'll be improving my secondary. He's out for yours, K-man :p

Also, ggs at Eugene's yesterday <3 Marth + Spike.

BrTarolg

Smash Ace
oh yeah playying eugene was awesome.

he was like "no i cant DI backwards from shieks throw!"

haha it was so much easier on NTSC - i only realiesd halfway through i could pretty much do downthrow to anything i felt like XD

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
I really hope there's a fest happening in the easter holidays.

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
R&F i expect you to be at mine tommorow too, owna shouldve told you guys >>

This is C, if i host another get together next week Jam will prolly come, and also alex get your *** down here for some london practise next week

Sniper123

Smash Cadet
Easter Holidays FTW!

Hope you host a smashfest or 2 in the holidays Gary/Charles, Me and Daz are sure to come. Cant come today though but any other timen you know we're there ;)

Red

Kman25

Smash Ace
lol I saw that, Best bit when Cartman **** all over his Mom xD, Haha hope you dont get too lazy to go to the toilet when playing WoW Frozen, Oh yeah and Good games everyone, No need for shout outs, Im lazy xD

juganthestar

Smash Journeyman
Spam got Owned

Serious, Im not that lazy, its like saying Spam will get fat because of Final Fantasy 12

Final Fantasy 12 -_- *Thumbs Down* BOO

Top Bottom