• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The London Thread (Tournaments, etc) FIRST POST UPDATES

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
7 and 8 ftw, ahead = nahhhhhhhhh

also 3/4/5 is too good i think

I dont like the new system either, lazyness
Ahead of FF 8 is amazing dude! FF X was one of the greatest FF of all time. I kinda like the nu system too though, if you ever played Chrono Trigger (An equally amazing Squaresoft game), it was a lot like that!

You can download every single final fantasy game that's been released in the market (wooooo). But whoever downloaded DOC should be spanked like a monkey's uncle...that's a repulsive release by the chaotic Square Enix (RIP Squaresoft)....After they converted, nothing good happened. I want people to believe this!

All the FF fans here, please find and watch the trailer of FFVII:CC for PSP...they have completely changed the battle engine to some random stupid slot machine thing.
Gary, please tell me you are joking dude! SquareEnix are amazing. Dont get me wrong coz they were still amazing before the merge but Enix was the second biggest RPG company after SquareSoft and there has been nothing but amazing games since thir merge. Dragon Quest, Kingdom Hearts 1, 2 & Chain of Memories, FF Tactics Advance, Star Ocean Story 3, Sword of Mana, FF X-2, FF XI, FF XII etc etc etc! And im sure you have seen the trailer for FF XIII...... 3 words, OH MY GOSH!!!! Your right though, i dont know where they were going with FFVII: D of C but its not THAT bad! Its still FF VII! <3 :laugh:

I saw the game footage for FFVII: CC a lil while bk tho..... EXCITEMENT MARINATES WITHIN MY EVERY FIBRE!!!!!

And yea Fuzz im up for some smash next weekend, but yea im in the same predicament as Spam, im gonna uni work like crazy dis week so i can have next weekend off so we'l see how things go but looking fwrd to it anyways.

:yoshi:

Chris Jericho

Smash Cadet
...sumimasen

but you forgot クロノ・クロス (chrono cross.) i dont know if you had it in europe but it one of the best square games ever. square = genius

back to smash topics anyway:chuckle:

Dougie Grumble

Smash Rookie
Wait, so the Smashfest is being moved to April instead of March now? :(

Argh, I knew I should've gone to this month's one. Ze withdrawal symptoms, she stings...

nesstee

Smash Apprentice
@ Spam a lamb!! Note that I said I **PLAYED** it...i didnt download it....could have.... but didnt, I resisted all temptation (-_-)...further more I bought the ntsc version AND i bought the pal Version o_0 ...WHY?? Because the NTSC packaging is prettier and i wanted to collect both versions and to show square enix and FF the love it deserves....I dont even have a ps2 at the moment but i bought it anyway....If i had the money I would also buy the £200 collectors edition......cuz FF its just that great.... ^_^ ...So yea I didnt claim to be *fantastic nor am I a *disgrace*

I saw the game footage for FFVII: CC a lil while bk tho..... EXCITEMENT MARINATES WITHIN MY EVERY FIBRE!!!!!
I couldnt put it better even if i tried:laugh: :chuckle:

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
but didnt, I resisted all temptation (-_-)...further more I bought the ntsc version AND i bought the pal Version o_0 ...WHY?? Because the NTSC packaging is prettier and i wanted to collect both versions and to show square enix and FF the love it deserves....I dont even have a ps2 at the moment but i bought it anyway....If i had the money I would also buy the £200 collectors edition......cuz FF its just that great.... ^_^
Wow!! Well that is a FF fan if ever i heard of one! I commend u my FF brethren, if i was rich enough for the £200 collectors edition i probably buy it too.:laugh:

but you forgot クロノ・クロス (chrono cross.) i dont know if you had it in europe but it one of the best square games ever. square = genius

Oh and to Chris Jericho, nah we didnt get it over here man, i was so pissed! Chrono Cross got 10/10! Now that is a game worth purchasing! We didnt get Parasite Eve over here either man and that was flipping amzing aswell!

Anyways, to bring up a smash topic, how many ppl here are going to that Paris smash tourney?

Spam-a-Lamb

Smash Journeyman
London, UK! its overrated, the weather is stupid,
Dear Rheo,
Your rebuttal has offended me greatly (cos i got served:p.) But I don't think you can quite decipher the magnitude of the force you're dealing with here!

I challenge you to a "boss" match. The loser must call the winner "my boss" for the whole event. Your Roy vs My Mewtwo.:p nah kidding! just tryna spark up some friendly rivalry. i enjoy trash talkin rivalry:psycho:

(lol and i was kidding before about FF, nexus and martin. just play it 'n' love it, thats what i say;) )

Chris Jericho

Smash Cadet
:p i do agree with that. f.rivalry is funny and can be good too.
rivalry = determined = rapid improvement

who is going to be team captain and members of Team London when they do London vs Newcastle (6v6) at Edster? (check edster thread if you didnt know) Should be a good one

ÖwnÄ

Smash Ace
who is going to be team captain and members of Team London when they do London vs Newcastle (6v6) at Edster? (check edster thread if you didnt know) Should be a good one
London Vs Newcastle????!!!!???? I thought it was Northerners Vs Southerners! Wow this should be very intresting indeedy!:laugh:

:yoshi:

PDOT

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4871-5506-0357
So when exactly is the next smashfest/tourn at this location? Did i miss any in the halfterm?

nesstee

Smash Apprentice
I challenge you to a "boss" match. The loser must call the winner "my boss" for the whole event. Your Roy vs My Mewtwo. )
:chuckle: A mewtwo ditto would be more fair as * TEH fire*> mewtwo. But seeing as i would win either way you can start calling me boss now:laugh:

Kone

Smash Master
Im still doing north v south AND im doing a crew tournament.

I posted saying id like, time permitting, to do Newcastle v London. Due to the fact alot of the londoners, those outside RAF, wont be in the crew tournament AND id personally like to play a crew match with my newcastle lot and not as sdb ( that would mean NO jam5, sos, dsd9 =p)

So yeah, bring it london if you got the balls =p Us northerners are aiming for a clean sweep ^_^

FrostByte

Smash Lord
To anyone - Is there anything going on any time soon? I'm thirsty for blood- um... I mean... I haven't played in a long time. Also, I wouldn't mind if the tourney is done early April (then another late April). Gives me more time to do more things.

Side note: I could have got FF12 2 days before release >.< (pal version and all), because me and the store owner are coo. Instead, I'll wait until I have cash. XD

Bronze

Smash Journeyman
I'll be back in London in 3 weeks, so I'll be looking to meet up with some people. Vincent? :p

I think London has a good chance of being able to take out Yeovil/Newcastle ;)

Kman25

Smash Ace
Imo it goes Newcastle > London > Yeovil =P

And yeah Bronze if your coming down, Ill meet up with ya, Need the practice against Sheik xD

Chris Jericho

Smash Cadet
Yeovil underestimate London cos London is really the newest smash town.

but when you underestimate, you become vulnerable to a shock

and when that happens...

...you lose...

....baka

:grin:

Cpt.Zeppo

Smash Lord
London has Charles and Alex,Yeovil has Jake,and Newcastle has Ed.

London has Spam to Yeovil's Caleb and Twiggy and Newcastles Stevie.

London has OwnA,Kman,and Bronze to Yeovils Monty and Newcastles Richie.

Going by what is proven,it would go London>Yeovil>Newcastle.
But I only know of 3 players in Newcastle and thats them.Also Im sure a few other Yeovilites would be capable of that 3rd slot,same with Londoners.
Theres also the added factor of crews and confidence and who ends up ******,but you cant really judge that before it happens,just depends on how the players feel.

Darv

Smash Apprentice
I wouldent mind a London vs GMC crew MM.

Step it up London :)

Kone

Smash Master
Well, how about we sort this out at EDster. I might remove the pools from crews and turn it into single elimination. Given us more time so that we can have a Newcastle v London v Yeovil crew tourney?!

I agree with Zeppo aswell. Newcastle are the supreme underdogs. But Stus (9th at sct4)back in the scene, which helps us out. London and Yeovil is to tight to call. But its crews. Anything can happen ;) and you can't forget the atmosphere crews generate. Us toon lads are well noisy =x

Bring it on london!

Kone

Smash Master
Cos we have all friday night man lol AND north v south is 10 v 10 and want include everyone. Plus, I want to crew it up with my sdb lads AND my local boyos ;)

juganthestar

Smash Journeyman
That is so true. Me and nhat are so **** rusty

I cant wobble
Nhat cant tipper

SOMETHING IS WRONG PLZ I NEED PRACTISE!

Also Newcastle vs London You got me! >.< I just suk if that helps?

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
Fingers crossed for a smash fest durung the last week of march. I'll see what I can do...

London Vs The entire UK haha (Sorry I haven't been posting, work is tiring)...again I'll see what I can do :)

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
Hosting a small smashfest at my house on sat

7 Sydney Road
Barkingside
IG6 2ED

Try get here around 11-12:30 latest

Invited list...

Dazza
Red
R&F People (OwnA, Ouch, Spam(if you can), Frozenwave and Yawn?)
Kman (sorry dude, i have to limit you that your bro's cant come.. >_<)
Nexus
Edward
The 2 people from NY i met at kman's house? (Eugune and ?)
- sorry that i had to limitize this, my bro reminded me of my annoying dad and it should be fine >_> no worries!

That would make 11...11 people between 3/4 cubes sound ok? I got 2 spare gamecubes so you can just bring controllers, i require:
- My cube back from kman for the day LOL (Yup)
- 2 copies of smash bros melee to be brought (Dazza and Jamie)
- a spare gamecube and smash bros melee copy incase (nexus)
- possibly bring a NTSC version, we have freeloader and theres a wii trick to run it anyway (Guy from NY Please)

T.V's should be fine, we got the widescreen downstairs, gary's one upstairs, a spare one and one from the parents room lol

imoneofthem

Smash Apprentice
Hosting a small smashfest at my house on sat
- My cube back from kman for the day LOL (Yup)
- 2 copies of smash bros melee to be brought (Dazza and Jamie)
- a spare gamecube and smash bros melee copy incase (np with that)
- possibly bring a NTSC version, we have freeloader and theres a wii trick to run it anyway (Guy from NY Please)

T.V's should be fine, we got the widescreen downstairs, gary's one upstairs, a spare one and one from the parents room lol
So many lol's *sigh*
Apologies again about saturday evening.

I'm also trying to look for an NTSC version of smash, let's hope I can nab a cheap copy from eBay (the last one I tried bidding for was sold for £6.....)

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
so everyone ok with getting here? 11:30-12:30 pwease!

Dazza
Red
R&F People (OwnA, Ouch, Spam(if you can), Frozenwave and Yawn?)
Kman (sorry dude, i have to limit you that your bro's cant come.. >_<)
Edward
The 2 people from NY i met at kman's house? (Eugune and ?)

Sniper123

Smash Cadet
Me and dan are takin the tube, should be fine, will aim for 12-ish oh and what time do we have to bugger-off?

Fuzzyness

The Reality!
People who are coming confirmed:

Kman
Dazza
Jamie
Eugene
Owna
Ouch
Nexus
Brtarolg
Frozenwave