• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Lippy Build v1.01! Stages, Costumes, and more! V1.5 Coming Soon!

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
Sitting on a chair, letting my eyes burn.

Hello Everyone!

I am proud to finally announce the release (the official release, that is) of my custom build! Two months of file editing, placement, photoshop and GIMP crashed, test after test, bug fix after bug fix, and it's finally here! A lot of you have been waiting for this build, it seems. And with CEO 2014 going down today, I thought that there would be no better day to release it than today!

This build includes TONS of lovely new features to further enhance your Project M experience! Below you will find categorized buttons that will link you to preview the costumes, music, stages, and screenshots of the build! There are some features that can't be in any specific category, so they will be listed here:
  • Several characters have received voice modifications to better represent their character as they are portrayed in their respective games, these characters are Ike, Pit, Bowser, Donkey Kong, and Meta Knight.
  • The backgrounds for the Main Menu, Character Select Screen, and Stage Select Screen have been changed to very calm, blue, space theme. Think Project M's backgrounds, but with more blue, and planets, and stars, stuff like that!
  • Certain Sound Effects have been changed within the game, some or more hidden than others, but the most noticeable one is the main menu navigation, confirmation, and back sounds. These have been changed to the sounds you would hear in a Kingdom Hearts game, very soothing!
  • Various other aesthetic changes to certain elements, countdown numbers, even the GO! Sign when you start fighting!
  • Other fun little easter eggs! Keep an eye out on the text in the main menu! And don't try erasing any of your data!
The Smash 3 HUD has been used as a base, but has been modified by me to better fit the theme of the build.

Costumes are a very important part of any custom build, you want characters that look friggin' fantastic! You want characters that are total eye candy and make your eyes drool! (Tears of joy, of course.)
All of the costumes that you see here are either beautiful recolors or alternates, most of the characters received this treatment, some characters did not, be it due to technical issues, space limitations, or otherwise. Do note that these costumes are very pleasing, and respect hit/hurt boxes, here are some features of these costumes!

(NOTE: The order you see the costumes in may or may not be the respective order that they are in in-game. Microsoft OneDrive is stupid, sorry :( )
  • This build uses a code called cBliss (Costume Happy!) Basically, any new costumes you see in the build were instead ADDED to the amount of palette swaps, rather than replacing one. Some were replaced however, as in my opinion, and apparently many others as I have seen on these Forums, that these costumes were downright ugly, and never used. I kept all the fan-favorites, though!
  • Most Characters now have PURPLE costumes to represent Project M's favorite color, PURPLE!
  • All of the newly added Alternate Costumes respect the wishes of the PMBR, and they do not represent an entirely different character. They will ALWAYS be a costume for their respective character.
  • All of the costumes have synced poses in their portraits! All recolors are in their respective Brawl Portraits, Alternate Costumes get different poses.
  • Some Alternate costumes even got Recolors!

Stages were the main reason this build is even in the state it's in today, when I made the first release of this build, it was nothing but costumes! And someone quickly commented about it. So I had the original build removed and got straight to work with the build you see today! The stages I have added are extremely fun to play on, and are lookers to boot! Some are also quite nostalgic!
  • Every stage on the second page, spare Training Room, was replaced, stages on the first page are untouched, spare two, which have received pretty textures! (Don't worry, they have been edited so that they are EXACTLY how the stages are in the original P:M)
  • The stages meet the competitive aspect of Project: M. So all you competitive smash lovers have essentially DOUBLE the amount of stages you normally played on!
  • Each stage is wonderful to look at, and some of you might be familiar with them! As they have made appearances in other popular games, some even in Super Smash Bros. Brawl. Like Tabuu's Final Stand!

Now what are costumes and pretty stages without some AMAZING music to go with it? While the Menu may be calming, you'll quickly realize that you're in a fight for your life once this music kicks in. Every song I chose fits the stages they have been placed on. Plus, they just sound damn SEXY. I mean, look at that number, that's a lot of songs! And they are all for your listening pleasure. That is, if you're not too busy beating up your friends in a Smash-Induced Maniacal Hysteria.

I will edit the word document to be better to look at, including links to the songs and everything, but for now, if you want to preview them, just YouTube them and they will come up.

Here are some screenshots of the build, here, you can see some of the costumes and stages as they appear in-game!

• Newly added stock icons do not show up on the Results Screen, will be fixed as soon as I figure out why.

HOW TO INSTALL

HOMEBREW
  1. Back up all the files currently on your SD card, in case you don't decide to keep the build.
  2. Format your SD card to FAT32 format, if you do not do this, you may encounter several issues, costumes not appearing, stages freezing, music glitching out, etc.
  3. Download the build from one of the links above, depending on your version, then, extract the contents of the .rar file into the root of your SD card.
HOMEBREW CONTINUED
  1. Open your Project M Launcher via Homebrew and enjoy!
HACKLESS CONTINUED
  1. Before installing the pack, make sure that ALL of the stages in the stage builder are deleted, if they are not deleted, then you will not be able to play.
  2. When the stages are deleted, with the SD card inserted, launch the Stage Builder, you will be taken to the Gecko OS screen.
  3. Simply press "Play Game" and enjoy!

Stage Select Screen Background Fix - Changes the background for the SSS to better reflect the build's theme. This should also fix stages not appearing correctly in the Random Stage Switch.

If you discover any bugs within the build, PM me please, that way I can identify the issue and tell you how to fix it, thanks!

Last edited:

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
Download is now available for Homebrew users! Hackless will be up shortly.

Now that that is all out of the way, it is time for me to begin my adventure into the world of character design and 3D modeling. Why? Well I can't make sexy new alternate costumes if I don't know how, right? Good thing I've got a guy teaching me.

Maybe if I'm good enough I might get onto the art team on the PMBR, eh? Wishful thinking maybe, but I've always wanted to be on a game's art team.

TheXxERRORxx

Smash Rookie
The build doesn't seem to be loading... At all. Even through the loader. I'd really like to play it though! Could it possibly be because I'm using a 16 GB sd card?

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Finally a build with costumes that doesn't use a ton of crappy custom CSPs taken in-game like other ones tend to have (no offense to the guys that made them but tis how I feel), you done yourself a good job here. Think I may had finally found the PM build I been wanting, and from a Lapras never-the-less xP <3

TheXxERRORxx

Smash Rookie
So I switched to the 2GB sd card. I get to the loader, click play, and nothing. Just a black screen. Any help? I REAAAALLY wanna try this pack out

Last edited:

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
Finally a build with costumes that doesn't use a ton of crappy custom CSPs taken in-game like other ones tend to have (no offense to the guys that made them but tis how I feel), you done yourself a good job here. Think I may had finally found the PM build I been wanting, and from a Lapras never-the-less xP <3

Thanks! I wanted to make sure the build felt like it was professionally done. So I had to do a lot of work in Photoshop iand GIMP XD

Glad you enjoy it though!

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Thanks! I wanted to make sure the build felt like it was professionally done. So I had to do a lot of work in Photoshop iand GIMP XD

Glad you enjoy it though!
Only con I'd say is some of the music choice, quite a bit of non-nintendo stuff I'm not really into (even though series like KH had appeared on a nintendo console, but still xD). But I'll sort that out for my own private build.

Anyway gonna try it out soon~

Perfecthell4

Smash Apprentice
Same issue as posted above, black screen on loading the game. Two different SD cards tried that BOTH work with vanilla PM 3.02, as well as the last version of this build you posted. One is homebrew, one is hackless.

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
Same issue as posted above, black screen on loading the game. Two different SD cards tried that BOTH work with vanilla PM 3.02, as well as the last version of this build you posted. One is homebrew, one is hackless.
Did you format your SD card to FAT32? I don't understand why it would be giving a black screen at all, because I've been working on it for the longest time. The only thing I can think of is that there was an issue with the upload, I'll download the builds I've uploaded and see if that is the case.

EDIT: I found the issue, apparently during the uploading to mediafire, something happened to reduce the size, the actual size of the build is 1.73 GB, while in Mediafire it says 1.35 GB. I'm gonna figure out why as quick as possible, but for now, the files will be unavailable.

Last edited:

Perfecthell4

Smash Apprentice
Well while we're waiting, what new costumes are available compared to the older build thread you had?

I can see there's a onedrive of costumes, but it's a lot to go through and i dont have all of the last builds costumes memorized either, so i cant entirely tell which ones are new. So basically, im asking for a costume changelist.

Last edited:

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
Well while we're waiting, what new costumes are available compared to the older build thread you had?

I can see there's a onedrive of costumes, but it's a lot to go through and i dont have all of the last builds costumes memorized either, so i cant entirely tell which ones are new. So basically, im asking for a costume changelist.

To be honest, there is no real "changelist" to be made, I consider this the actual release. The others, ehhh.... consider them, leaked alphas? I dunno xD

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
So I couldn't but see that some characters don't make use of 10 costumes. Would you want me to help you find suitable alts or can I make a few recolors for some characters?

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
So I couldn't but see that some characters don't make use of 10 costumes. Would you want me to help you find suitable alts or can I make a few recolors for some characters?
The reason some characters do not have alts are for one of a number of reasons, mainly space. But while wait for the time the new PM version comes around I'll see about more costumes.

alex6309

Smash Ace
NNID
Dr.Dom
The reason some characters do not have alts are for one of a number of reasons, mainly space. But while wait for the time the new PM version comes around I'll see about more costumes.
Dang, guess I can't flex my (kinda mediocre) editing skills. Well, if you find the space in your heart build for my love alts, let me know.

DirtyWizard

Smash Rookie
I just want to say I really enjoyed the Alpha version. I just tried to use the new Homebrew upload and it doesn't seem to be working.

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
It kind of seems like your common5.pac is corrupt. I cannot open it up in Brawlbox at all. Just a guess though.

Last edited:

DirtyWizard

Smash Rookie
Just tested it out and everything seems to work. Thank you for the great build.

P.S. I love how you added the Kingdom Hearts menu navigation sounds. haha.

Last edited:

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
Going through your build now, enjoying what I see for the most part, though I do want to comment on the SSS. The change from a cooling blue on the CSS to the blank and sort of sharp white on the SSS is a little jarring. I'd recommend making that blue as well both for the consistency and the ease on the eyes of the color.

Probably will stick with the pack I've worked on, but you can tell that you put a lot of work into this and I commend you. Hope you don't mind if I take a few stages from your pack to use in my own.

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
Going through your build now, enjoying what I see for the most part, though I do want to comment on the SSS. The change from a cooling blue on the CSS to the blank and sort of sharp white on the SSS is a little jarring. I'd recommend making that blue as well both for the consistency and the ease on the eyes of the color.

Probably will stick with the pack I've worked on, but you can tell that you put a lot of work into this and I commend you. Hope you don't mind if I take a few stages from your pack to use in my own.

I've no problem with that at all, and yes, I do plan on changing the SSS background. There was something that went wrong with editing it in photoshop I assume, because the file appears blue and black in the editors. I'll figure that out and apply a patch later :p

EDIT: Made a much better looking SSS, I'll upload the patch for it.

Last edited:

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
Just tested it out and everything seems to work. Thank you for the great build.

P.S. I love how you added the Kingdom Hearts menu navigation sounds. haha.
I'm glad you like it! The navigation sounds were a request from someone who got their eyes on one of the alpha versions. I just thought I'd toss it in as a bit of fan-service I guess. Plus I love those sounds XD

Pwnz0rz Man

Smash Lord
3DS FC
1950-9089-5761
So far, the stages that I've liked enough to take are Subspace Emissary (Seen it elsewhere but didn't have the interest in it til I played it in your pack), Shadow Moses Island (A very nicely made alternative), and Big Blue (Which replaced my version of Port City Aero Dive, purely because the backgrounds moved and it seemed to be a more unique stage design).

A few minor things that bothered me about some other stages, just to give feedback. In the floating Bowser's Castle stage, it's difficult to see your character's location when you recover low to the ledge. Wall jumpers might have a hard time getting used to it.

Molgera's Room's got the same problem with visibility when it comes to recovering from low. Characters that have to go deep in order to up B (GnW for instance) the ledge may have difficulty playing here.

World of Goo is somewhat difficult to judge where the right ledge is because of the tree jutting out from the right side.

I'm sure these aren't your doing, I just figured you would want to know about the difficulties involved with the stages, if you didn't already. (You probably already did)

Anyways, I enjoy how things look overall, and would recommend your pack. Gonna have to update my downloadable one here sometime too.

Master-GM

Smash Journeyman
I'm happy about the stages that were replaced, thus far. However, there are some non-balanced stages that still exist in this build. Those being Castle Siege, Halberd, Metal Cavern, Skyworld and PM Training Room.

TheLippyLapras

Smash Journeyman
I'm happy about the stages that were replaced, thus far. However, there are some non-balanced stages that still exist in this build. Those being Castle Siege, Halberd, Metal Cavern, Skyworld and PM Training Room.
I'm never going to replace stages on the first page or the training room. Sorry :p. Plus. Castle Seige is easily my favorite stage.

Last edited:

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Plus its nice to leave a few causal stages at least for those who want some random fun.

Top Bottom