• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Link (semi-instructional) Video Thread. Can this get a sticky?

Skler

Smash Master
For a while now we have had the Offical Link video thread, however we need a thread where only the best Link players can be viewed. If you know a great Link player (and I mean ****ing amazing, not just the best in your state), tell me who and I'll watch their videos and put them up if they deserve it.

Link

You all know and love him, so let's see the best Link players doing their thing.

Trevyn
He has retired but was/is amazing at Link.​

The Germ
Probably the most well known Link player in the world (couldn't find any recent videos, sorry people).​

Azen
Very few videos and all but the first one are old. Azen has an incredible Link though.

Azen vs Chu Dat (Young Link)

Azen vs Chillin (Fox)

Azen vs Vidjo (Peach)

Aniki

The best Link in Japan. Most of his videos are ancient, I'm pretty sure the first one is kind of new.​

Aniki vs Masashi (Fox)

Aniki vs Ken (Marth)

Aniki vs Ken (Marth) 2

Aniki vs Ken (Marth) 3

SS4 Ricky
This guy is insane at playing Link, no further explanation needed.

SS4 Ricky vs G-reg (CF)

SS4 Ricky vs Korn (CF)

SS4 Ricky vs ECE (Fox)

SS4 Ricky vs ECE (CF)

SS4 Ricky vs ECE (Ganon)

SS4 Ricky vs ECE (Ganon) 2

SS4 Ricky vs ECE (Ganon) 3

Deva
Deva plays Link in the WA area with those people like Silent Wolf and Gimpyfish. He does so very well.

Deva vs Ratking (Fox) 1

Deva vs Ratking 2

Deva vs Ratking 3

Deva vs Eggz (Mario) 1

Deva vs Eggz 2

Deva vs Eggz 3

Deva vs Eggz 4

Deva vs Eggz 5

Skler
This is me, has anybody ever done a description of themselves? It's really awkward. I play Link well I guess. Recent videos from VLS are coming soon, I'll get up other videos later.

VLS 2 Crews (Skler vs Gfab, Stew and Mattdotzeb)

Skler vs PC (Link) 1

Skler vs PC (Link) 2

Skler vs PC (Link) 3

Skler vs PC (Marth) 1

Skler vs PC (Marth) 2

Skler vs PC (Marth) 3

___________________________________________________________________________________________________​

That's all folks. If you find some good videos of these players to put up be sure to post a link to it, no pun intended.

Skler

Smash Master
If people actually want me in then I will put videos of me up (but I don't even have any VLS vids). I want to wait for more replies though, any other suggestions of people who should go up?

Crooked Crow

drank from lakes of sorrow
Wow, I didn't know Azen was that good with Link.
I've heard about it, but I thought it was a myth... <_<

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
I demand that crew battle that skler ***** those two sheiks :D

I think Deva and Skler both earn a spot there.... oh yeah and mabye aesir....

nah just give him a cookie instead....

Skler

Smash Master
Alright, if you guys want videos of me and Deva up would you be so kind as to pick out certain ones you want up? I'd like to put up videos of where Link is played exceptionally well so people can learn from them.

In vid related news, my VLS pools matches against Cort, Mathos, Cactuar, Hitman, KevinM and N64 (Azen wasn't recorded, lol) will be up eventually.

Trevyn, do you have any new vids? I'd like to see more than just that one of your vids on this thread and I can't find any. Help me!

KratosAurion192

Smash Ace
Alright, if you guys want videos of me and Deva up would you be so kind as to pick out certain ones you want up? I'd like to put up videos of where Link is played exceptionally well so people can learn from them.
I already said which one I want :D :D

Skler

Smash Master
I'm going to put some vids of me and deva up soon, I've got to find the best matches for people to learn from. If you guys want to help at all PM me with the best videos or post them here.

Skler

Smash Master
Holy **** guys, I found a new Azen video. I've got school though and just happened to stumble upon it. I'll update this thread over the weekend, give me some specific videos for me and Deva if you want to help out. I've got papers to write and tournaments to go to.

MasterFeint

Smash Cadet
Yo, some great vids Skler. Especially the one of yours up, against the two Sheiks. That was awe inspiring. I have the most trouble with Sheik (And the second match shows I'm not the only one) but I learned some things from it that I'll implement into my game. Hope I can be as good as some of these guys someday.

Keep up the good work.

Mr.Red

Smash Apprentice
one day, my video's will be in this thread believe it! :)

lol no but seriously I've got a long way to go if I want to be as good as these guys. this thread should be stickied so that future Link n00bs can learn.

Alukard

Smash Hero
link = sex ... but skler ... i dunno if u remember me from VLS over night crew battles ... i'm the guy that was playing samus acting like WES ... =) ... wassup and ur link is toooo good ^_^

Skler

Smash Master
Of course I remember you, you were in my crew. Skler doesn't forget crew members.

That is, unless you weren't in my crew and I'm just confused.

BrimeZ

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheBrimeZ
3DS FC
5284-1495-9667
About time you put videos of your Link Skler. I understand you were trying to be humble but we all know you're not a bragger.

ConnorTheKid

Treat Yo' Self
Premium
Expect a lot more matches of Trevyn in the future. He isn't retired at all, he lives in Cali and I see him at a bunch of tournaments :)

Skler

Smash Master
I want new vids of Trevyn, as soon as new ones get put up post here or PM me.

Since people want videos of me and my VLS videos are stuck in limbo or something I'm going to record some with Pine soon (and I'll be going to a tournament pretty much every weekend for a month so I should get some tourny matches up).

Mr.Red

Smash Apprentice
I watched your crews matches Skler, I was really impressed.

I found your edge recovery in particular pretty awesome, you faked a Shiek (I forget who) out by dropping from the ledge then jumping back to grab it about twice rly fast then Fair edge recovered.

Mr.Red

Smash Apprentice
lol yeah, beating two Shiek's in a row as Link is no easy feat.

also I would like to ask...why is this thread not stickied yet? it definitely should be :(

HiIH

Smash Lord
I agree with the comment left on the lowtier vs hightier vid.

***** with a chair. ***** with a chair indeed.

Top Bottom