• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess (USE SPOILER TAGS)

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by TSA
Mic - It's Ganon/Ganondorf, not Gannon/Gannondorf.
If I spelt it wrong, it's 2+ pages back. Picky.

it's time for Zelda to move on without frickin Ganondorf
Minish cap, LoZ-4 swords (Cube AND Gba) all have Vatii, an evil wind mage being the major villian. I think he was also the villian in the 2nd Zelda game too.

RichBrown

Smash Master
Link is nothing w/o gannon. ganon has been the bad guy staple in the zelda series since forever. dont gimme that vatii bull****! I WANT GANNON! maybe instead of being a pig, he is in the form of a wolf? HAHA CONSPIRACY!!

yeah, they did show that wolf for an awfully long time tho, no doubt it has significance. the moon thing, however.... seemed like a bit of a stretch to me. i really dont care, i just want 2005 to be oevr sooner than later so i can get my hands on this game. its quite possible that nintendo created something better than sex. in fact, for me, Zelda IS sex.

rat, you make really long posts...

Cyrahk

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by mic_128
If I spelt it wrong, it's 2+ pages back. Picky.

Minish cap, LoZ-4 swords (Cube AND Gba) all have Vatii, an evil wind mage being the major villian. I think he was also the villian in the 2nd Zelda game too.
You forgot Majora's mask.

And ****, they were pretty kick-*** games too.

I think they should make someone else the villain, but have...Ganon be in there somewhere.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
I was mainly showing that there HAS been another major boss that's been carried thru the games. Oracles of Seasons/Ages also had Twinrova as the main boss.

It'd be interesting if somehow Ganon, while still trapped in stone, is used as a statue somewhere and doesn't actually come out at all.

Lightsaberboy

Smash Champion
i wonder if that's 70 hours just in teh storyline, or if you go through all the unrequired minigames and sidequests and stuff.
but stll looks good!

Cashed

axe me
BRoomer
70 hours? Maybe if you go through every nook and cranny of the game and take your sweet *** time. I'm not falling for this 70 hour thing. The game is looking great though, can't wait to see it in action at E3.

Seraph, again, you're an idiot. Link's normal clothes have tights. His farmer clothes are farmer clothes.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Here's a close up shot of what Link looks like in his Farmer clothes.

Notice anything odd? Like his hand? Look again in this pic .

Still can't see it? Look at his hand. He seems to have a familiar birthmark....

Seraph

Smash Journeyman
Heh it looks totally awesome so far, Im curious as to what the storyline will be about and I can tell already familiar faces will be in it :), and the birthmark thing is also a new nice feature, and about the farmer clothes, well that rises alot of questions, guess will all find out soon.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Ermh...I do hope Link's not going to go all hillbilly on us for the first half of the game...

Still, it's cool that Nintendo have started showing Link in more interesting costumes since the Wind Waker and it's awesome pajama thing. Next they'll be making him talk. Or maybe not. I think half the fun is guessing what kind of voice Link would have. He DOES talk in the games, you just never hear him speak.

(He says things like "Yes" and "I'm an ally of Justice" and "I hate Gannon" but only in yes/no text conversations.)

Mediocre

Ziz
BRoomer
This is definitely nerdgasmic material.

I'm nerdgasming especially hard over the length and area of this thing. It's soooooo ****ing sexy.

:o

That's the hidden orgasm emoticon.

The rAt

Smash Ace
In a constant state of self-examination. In MN.
Wow...
70 hours? Talking to animals? Link in farm clothes? This just keeps getting better and better. I'm a bit skeptical on the 70 hour estimate, but regaurdless, if its anywhere in that ballpark, I will be quite beyond thrilled. On the inclusion of (Not sure if this is considered a spoiler since its from the IGN article alread linked on this page, but better safe than sorry)
Ganon and Zelda
, I'd have to say this came as a bit of a suprise to me. I means that this will likely be a new Link, and a new origin story. It also means that Nintendo is shaking things up a bit, tossing out the old formula of evens/odds. I'm sure there are a number of people who will object, but I am thrilled about this. Arguably the best LoZ games are origin stories (OoT, LttP, LoZ, WW) and I enjoy the interactions between those particular characters. I do hope that Nintendo continues the trend of having 'links' to previous Links (i.e. the statue and various references to OoT within WW). Also, I have to say the farm clothes are a nice touch. Link hasn't always been a hero, and seeing him in a slightly less heroic outfit is a nice reminder.
Well, I don't know how fresh or conversation inspiring all of that was, but it was my two cents. Later.

RichBrown

Smash Master
Heres something i find rather interesting: this Link doesnt descend from hyrule. and yet the link that hails from hyrule has the exact same mark on his hand. now heres the thing: WW stated that the heros picked descendants of the triforce or whatever, and that explained the origin of WW link.

now there are 2 (or 3, but the 3rd is a long shot) possibilities:

1. (this one i believe the most): as many of you recall in OoT, at first we all thought link was a kokiri. however, once he "grew up", we all realized that our hero was, in fact, hylian. this could be the same case, where this link thinks he is from somewhere, but he is from somewhere else. think about it: these zeldas sort of follow a pattern, and it makes sense that we could be dealing w/ the OoT Link.

in addition to this theory (this just now came to me and i feel uber smart and nerdy:) In MM, Link was sorta dazed and confused, looking for some long lost friend, who was the skull kid or something... i never really understood that story. but my point is, maybe his whole MM experience cleared his mind, and once he rode away on his horse he found this neighboring community where he became a farm boy. (termina and hyrule were very close in proximity, remember). and if this world is 3 times larger, could there be an appearance from hyrule AND termina?..... ok thats stretching it :chuckle:

so maybe Link grew up to be his "adult" age from OoT, and now we pick up the story from there, and he matures another 7 years.

this concludes my main theory, and merely thinking about it give me an abnormal hard-on.

Theory 2: this is a PREQUEL to OoT. right at the beginning of OoT, the great deku tree explained that there was a great war, and a mother dropped off her child (OoT Link) into the forest. maybe this covers the time prior to this war.

or maybe that pregnant woman mentioned in the article has some significance! or not......

Theory 3: this could be another descendant of WW Link w/ the same mark, although that doesnt fit since Hyrule would have to be ressurected from the water, and we already had a disscussion on that......

now if youll excuse me, i gotta go put on some glasses the size of jenna jamesons ****, big red suspenders, and a white collar shirt, and study for the big chemistry exam tomorrow. then im gonna watch anime! [/sarcasm]

[FISHING!]

TBIRallySport

Smash Cadet
The Link from the original Legend of Zelda wasn't from Hyrule, and when he turned 17, the triforce appeared on the back of his left hand (leading to the events of Adventure of Link).

Plus, TWW Link is of no relation to OoT Link, the King of Red Lions says so.

I think the triforce mark just identifies the boy who has it as a courageous hero.

GanNingoftheBell

Smash Apprentice
Originally posted by TBIRallySport

Plus, TWW Link is of no relation to OoT Link, the King of Red Lions says so.

I think the triforce mark just identifies the boy who has it as a courageous hero.
yea, but wasnt that before he found out that Link was
"The Hero"

well, anyways, Im hoping its the story which turns into the Legend in Link to the Past.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
TMF, your thoery is not possible since Link corrected the problem which triggered the war Ganon started.... meh...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Originally posted by GanNingoftheBell
yea, but wasnt that before he found out that Link was
"The Hero"
In NO WAY AT ALL is WW Link related to OoT Link.

Nice wallpapers Ex.

The Windwaker

Smash Journeyman
Meh, from what I gathered from playing past Zelda games is that each Link in each game has noting to do with the last, unless they're sequels. The Legend of Zelda -> Zelda II: AoL (same link), LttP -> Link's Awakening (same Link), OoT -> MM (same Link), Windwaker (has no other Link's within same timeline but 4 Swords and Minish Cap Link resemble him identically but are in two complete different worlds), and the new Link is just, well, new. The hero just has to have courage and for some odd reason dress in a green tunic. I recall the Link from the first two Zelda games having somewhat tanned skin and Brown/Black hair.

pokemonmaster01

BRoomer
BRoomer
Originally posted by Misto-Roboto
TMF, your thoery is not possible since Link corrected the problem which triggered the war Ganon started.... meh...
No, Link corrected the problem that started a war while he was frozen in time, not the war when he was a baby. He would have lived with his mother again if he corrected the first war.

I still don't think TMF's theory is a possibility. They aren't going to prequel the prequel. That would be lame. The first Link to be chosen by the gods was kokiri Link.

The rAt

Smash Ace
I think someone needs to resurrect the timeline theory topic, because most of this has been discussed there. I think the consensus that was most agreed upon was that the best explination is that the adventures of each Link take place in the same world, but just hundreds of years appart. This explains the various ingame references to other Zelda games (Such as WW, and I believe there were references to OoT in LttP). I believe the suggested order was OoT, MM, LttP, LA, LoZ, AoL, then WW, with Oracle, Minish, and FS tossed in somewhere. In any case, assuming there is a large time gap between each of the games, it seems like they could toss this game in the mix just about anywhere. Personally, I think it would be interesting to see something about the war before Link's birth, as LttP talked a bit about it (Death of the King of Hyrule, Link's father, ect.), but I just don't think it's a realistic idea, as OoT Link is supposed to be the first "Link". The other issue is that Gannondorf originates in OoT.
Okay, this is getting really off topic, so in the interest of nudging it back to the upcoming game, does anyone have any guesses as to what this 'talking to animals' thing is going to entail? Some new device that allows him to do so, like the mask of truth? An intrinsic ability? Speculation? Anyone?
Well, i tried... Later all

Aruun

BRoomer
BRoomer
I personally think Nintendo had no intention of making the Zelda games directly relate to eachother chronologically until they made OoT. So it's OoT > MM > WW. That's it. All the other games don't fit together because Nintendo didn't design them to.

You're all reading way far into the series.

Bedi Vegeta

Smash Master
Yah...I think this all belongs in that old topic...

Just one thing...didn't Nintendo officially state that this game would be the sequel to WW...thus disproving TMF's theory?

FISHING!

The Windwaker

Smash Journeyman
Originally posted by Fierce Deity Vegeta
Yah...I think this all belongs in that old topic...

Just one thing...didn't Nintendo officially state that this game would be the sequel to WW...thus disproving TMF's theory?

FISHING!
Yup, this game takes place hundreds of years after the events of WW. Though what happens between that time, no one knows... though, this character on the cover, behind Link, whether it's Ganondorf or not, something about him. 1) Has his same exact robe from Windwaker (or something along those lines) and 2) He's white. Skin color I mean. Since OoT, his character has been a tanned thief with red hair.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921

Does anybody remember this guy? He looks similiar, so might it have some close ties with LttP? Just cause it's 3D doesn't mean the story couldn't have branched from one of the other games...

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
AUGH! I know him! That's Vaati! I'm sure of it! Look at his robe. That's the top of an eye.

A very familiar eye....

TBIRallySport

Smash Cadet
Um, mic_128, who are you saying is Vaati? The pic Misto-Roboto posted is of Agahnim (Ganon in disguise), and the eye that is on the back of the cloaked figure in the wallpapers ExMachina posted is the eye that is also on Sheik's clothing. It's not Vaati's eye.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
1. Just call me Mic

2. Okay, you got me. I didn't know that was an OLD pic, I assumed it was a new one and made an assumption with Nintendo's latest Vaati trend.

3. Assumptions make an *** of you and mumptions.

4. I'm prety sure that Agahnim was posessed by Ganon, and was trying to free him/himself from whereever it was that he was imprisoned (Dark/light/sacred relm) Still, I'm not too knowledgable on the older Zelda stories....

The rAt

Smash Ace
First of all, who is Mumptions?
Agahnim is the character you fight early on in Link to the Past. He was a sorcerer trying to resurrect Gannon, for whatever sinister purpose (which I do not recall, but does anyone really NEED a reason to be crazy?). He kidnaps Zelda and as a part of this, but Link arrives and puts a (semi?) stop to it. I believe the overall outcome is that Zelda gets sent to the Dark Realm, you kill Aghanim (sp?), and go after her, as well as the other girls he's managed to send over. Far as I can recall his only connection to Gannon was that he was trying to bring him back, sort of like what Twinrova was trying to do in the Oracle games.
Oh and as far as different games being different continuities; Link to the Past heavily references Gannondorf and the first Link in some of its explinations (I'd be able to play through and give better detail, but my SNES is broken). I'd say that when LoZ and AoL were made it was intended to be one continuity, but when they made LttP and started with an entirely new Link they intentionally did things this way to see where it went. Then, with OoT becoming the story they referenced in LttP, they decided to make a timeline out of it. In any case, with those of you who like so see the Zelda games as separate games connected only by common names... um... cool, whatever... however, I guess I just like to make the point that it is possible to fit them into a timeline.
That's really all I have to say. Really. I'm not going to talk for the rest of the day. At all.

Top Bottom