• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The lack of PAL support is laughable

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calibrate

Smash Apprentice
Seriously, if you want to make a proper mod, make it work with PAL too.

I can't believe this.

Last edited:

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
Porting codes for a game that's still in development takes a hell of a lot of time when changes arise on a consistent basis.

Also your existence is laughable.

Kati

Smash Lord
wah wah why can't people who put in hundreds hours of their free time for our enjoyment put more time in?

If you don't like it, then learn to code, join the pmbr, and do it yourself. PM is a team effort.

It's a shame there isn't a single method available to play NTSC games on PAL consoles. If only there were tools to load games not from your own region... or even change the region on your console to play other region's games...

Calibrate

Smash Apprentice
Amazing how people defend huge flaws of certain things, it's almost like a cult.

Seriously, the mod doesn't work for the PAL version. It's not like I'm complaining about something as trivial as a stage.

If they want their effort to be taken seriously by everone without an american ****ing wii, then make the mod work for us ****ing europeans.

Last edited by a moderator:

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
@ Calibrate Calibrate

I understand you're frustrated, and yes, some of the members on this forum are not very... bright. But please don't censor dodge.

Calibrate

Smash Apprentice
I commented on reddit about this a few months back but we've made some breakthroughs and should hopefully have a PAL version whenever the next release is.
Sweet! And suddenly all is well :)
Any rough estimation when that will be?

Regarding the censor dodge, sorry. I usually type it like that.

Woo!

Narpas_sword

thats fantastic. While i use...other...methods to run PM. id love for a hackless PAL version.
Im trying to get PM to kick off in my area, but people are stuck on melee. most arent willing to sit down for an evening to get their wiis running homebrew.

Yoshi Kirishima

Smash Lord
I agree with OP.

It's not like it's a different game or anything.

Not for the people who have to buy a NTSC copy of the game. :^)
But still, no one's entitled to play PM. The developers made it on their own time. No one "deserves" to play it; if you wish to go out of your way to buy it instead of waiting, that's your choice.

Amazing how people defend huge flaws of certain things, it's almost like a cult.

Seriously, the mod doesn't work for the PAL version. It's not like I'm complaining about something as trivial as a stage.

If they want their effort to be taken seriously by everone without an american ****ing wii, then make the mod work for us ****ing europeans.
You think they don't want it to be played by europeans? Do you know there's something called time...? You're blaming them for not putting in more of their time to give you something to play that you didn't put any time into developing. Here you are sitting doing nothing and complaining about something that will be free for you once they have it done.

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
>Boo hoo i want my free stuff!
>immediately turns their argument into something more convenient for them when their FLAWED logic is exposed.

You should probably stop posting in this topic seeing as your feedback is unneeded and also negative.

Da Man

Smash Lord
NNID
Tendoman77
Am I the only one who has the NTSC version of brawl who got it working just fine on my PAL wii thanks to homebrew? don't see the point of the whining really since you can just get a american copy off amazon or something.

But yeah I do agree, tis dumb there's still no PAL version of Project M.

Narpas_sword

Am I the only one who has the NTSC version of brawl who got it working just fine on my PAL wii thanks to homebrew? don't see the point of the whining really since you can just get a american copy off amazon or something.

But yeah I do agree, tis dumb there's still no PAL version of Project M.
Yes. You are the only one.

Booster

Smash Lord
I honestly think Charizard, Squirtle and Ivysaur having no Final Smashes being MUCH worse, but this is pretty ****ty too. Why don't you start a petition?

Calibrate

Smash Apprentice
I honestly think Charizard, Squirtle and Ivysaur having no Final Smashes being MUCH worse, but this is pretty ****ty too. Why don't you start a petition?
It doesn't seem to be needed! As one of the devs stated (in this thread, even!) they will add PAL support in the next release!

Booster

Smash Lord
Thank you! I, as an unofficial representative, is happy about all of this, for myself and my people. :)
Next up I would think would be completing the Pokemon Trio before making new characters, otherwise I'm going to sit down with my bottle of tequila and drink.

PMS | Tink-er

fie on thee
NNID
emptymetaphor
3DS FC
1337-1337-1337
smashballs are not used in competitive play, and are thus not very high priority for a competitive mod, i would assume

Zeldastriker

Smash Apprentice
I don't really think this is an issue, considering literally anyone can easily and safely hack their Wii, use some region-free loader, and get an NTSC copy of the game. There is NOTHING stopping you from doing that. And if you're going to complain about having to buy another copy of the game, don't. You don't have to. I'm not going to say exactly WHY, but you know what I'm getting at; there are other ways.

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
Don't even think about promoting piracy pls

I don't even know why this topic is still open.
Good question

*Waggles fingers*

Now hopefully this can get buried and us PAL users won't appear to be a bunch of whiners.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom