• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Koopa Prince: Bowser Jr - Come introduce yourself!

Ryan.

Smash Lord
My hypothetical Bowser Jr. trailer:

*SHING* *FWOOSH*
The trailer starts off with Dr. Luigi fighting an unknown opponent.
"What is this power?"
DR. LUIGI WAKES HIS PILLS!?
The screen pans over to a collapsed Dr. Mario, revealing the recent character leak to be false.
The dust settles, revealing the opponent to be none other than Ness, a long-time fan-favourite Smash veteran.
Dr. Luigi prepares to battle, and utters, "for my brother!" But Ness blocks Dr. Luigi's pill attack WITH HIS BASEBALL BAT HOLY **** SO COOL.
Dr. Luigi is about to lose, and Ness starts to charge an attack.
"PK..."
Suddenly fireballs fall from the sky, covering the battlefield with dust and stopping Ness's attack. Ness escapes the attack and looks up, revealing a shadowy figure in a flying teacup.
He jumps out and looks at Dr. Luigi. The shadowy substance covering him dissolves, revealing...
"You ruined my family vacation!"
BOWSER JR.
BRINGS THE PLUNDER!
The airship theme from Brawl starts to play.
"Bowser Jr!"
"Smash has many powerful foes, Dr. Luigi. But I am no ordinary Koopa!"
A montage of Bowser Jr.'s moves begins. "Cannons! Fireballs! Clown Car! And... paint balls!"
"Wow, you have so many weapons!"
"I can only use them so many times... Which is why I carry my paintbrush!"
"This is no time for me to stay in the operation room... I'll fight by your side!"
Short clip of Dr. Luigi follows, revealing him to be a near-identical clone of Luigi.
"Is that... the plumber king himself?"
"And the poltergust hero of legends! Worthy opponents indeed!"
They start to battle as the screen fades to black. The focus goes back to Dr. Mario, watching as the others fight.
"I guess I'll get my chance... another day..."
"NO, YOU'LL GET IT TODAY! DR. MARIO, ON MY MARK..."
Bowser Jr. and his old rival Dr. Mario gang up on an opponent for his Final Smash.
PS. Also play as the seven Koopalings!
Haha oh my God. You deserve some sort of award for this.

Luminario

Smash Lord
Bowser Jr is the silver lining in this dark cloud of a situation.
I gotta be honest would you I'm usually quite indifferent to him in most games where he's playable since he's essentially a mini Bowser with a paintbrush. However him + the koopa clown car is a fantastic idea and one I could really get behind if on the off chance he's playable. Also if he gets all the Koopalings as alts he shall hereby be known as "Wendy" since no other Koopaling will see the light of day so long as I can choose her.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I didn't know Smurfette Koopa was so popular. I think I will probably play as Jr. and Roy Koopa. Roy is the chillest Koopa.

♦ Neosquid ♦

Smash Apprentice
After Rosalina's reveal I had abandon all hope for Jr., but the fact that Fire Emblem is getting two newcomers as well as this recent leak makes me very hopeful. I'd really like him to be in, he's probs my #2 most wanted newcomer, after Shulk.

FangedSniper

Smash Apprentice
I just had the best idea ever:

What if Junior fought in the Koopa Kopter but used his paintbrush for his throws? I dunno but launching an opponent away while they have paint dripping from them seems awesome to me!

Also, sign me up for the Koopa Kommand! (I join this fan club)

Mighty_Guy100

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Mighty_Guy100
My hypothetical Bowser Jr. trailer:

*SHING* *FWOOSH*
The trailer starts off with Dr. Luigi fighting an unknown opponent.
"What is this power?"
DR. LUIGI WAKES HIS PILLS!?
The screen pans over to a collapsed Dr. Mario, revealing the recent character leak to be false.
The dust settles, revealing the opponent to be none other than Ness, a long-time fan-favourite Smash veteran.
Dr. Luigi prepares to battle, and utters, "for my brother!" But Ness blocks Dr. Luigi's pill attack WITH HIS BASEBALL BAT HOLY **** SO COOL.
Dr. Luigi is about to lose, and Ness starts to charge an attack.
"PK..."
Suddenly fireballs fall from the sky, covering the battlefield with dust and stopping Ness's attack. Ness escapes the attack and looks up, revealing a shadowy figure in a flying teacup.
He jumps out and looks at Dr. Luigi. The shadowy substance covering him dissolves, revealing...
"You ruined my family vacation!"
BOWSER JR.
BRINGS THE PLUNDER!
The airship theme from Brawl starts to play.
"Bowser Jr!"
"Smash has many powerful foes, Dr. Luigi. But I am no ordinary Koopa!"
A montage of Bowser Jr.'s moves begins. "Cannons! Fireballs! Clown Car! And... paint balls!"
"Wow, you have so many weapons!"
"I can only use them so many times... Which is why I carry my paintbrush!"
"This is no time for me to stay in the operation room... I'll fight by your side!"
Short clip of Dr. Luigi follows, revealing him to be a near-identical clone of Luigi.
"Is that... the plumber king himself?"
"And the poltergust hero of legends! Worthy opponents indeed!"
They start to battle as the screen fades to black. The focus goes back to Dr. Mario, watching as the others fight.
"I guess I'll get my chance... another day..."
"NO, YOU'LL GET IT TODAY! DR. MARIO, ON MY MARK..."
Bowser Jr. and his old rival Dr. Mario gang up on an opponent for his Final Smash.
PS. Also play as the seven Koopalings!
10/10 would imagine again.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I didn't know Smurfette Koopa was so popular. I think I will probably play as Jr. and Roy Koopa. Roy is the chillest Koopa.
I actually would have liked her more if she wasn't hard as hell in Super Mario Bros. 3 or acted like a annoying brat in the cartoons. *shudders*

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Bowser Jr. in the Koopa Clown Car is the only reason I changed my mind about Bowser Jr. I didn't think Bowser Jr. would be unique and I expected him to be a clone of Bowser. I didn't think the paintbrush would be that unique because it is just a sword with a paintbrush model in the game programming's perspective. But the Koopa Clown Car? My god... it's unique! It's creative! It's something we never had before in Smash... a mech fighter like Tron Bonne or M.O.D.O.K. in Marvel vs. Capcom 3. And I have more nostalgia with the Koopa Clown Car than I do with Bowser Jr. due to Super Mario World being one of my most-played games throughout the 90's. And if Bowser Jr. gets the Koopalings alts along with the Koopa Clown Car, I'll support him getting in Smash mainly because I love the Koopalings more than I love Bowser Jr. (Morton FTW).

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So I've been thinking;

How does everyone imagine the actual playstyle will work for Roy Jr. in the clown car? Is it going to be hovering along the ground, and have temporary flight capability as an Up special or something?

And for Smash attacks, I'm sort of expecting bombs/gadgets/whatever since just punching people in the clown car seems like a waste.

Personally the thing I want to see most is Mechakoopas though, because I ****ing love those things.

But seriously the character is Roy, Jr. is an alt skin as far as I'm concerned. I ****ing love Roy.

fill

20EggsEggs
So I've been thinking;

How does everyone imagine the actual playstyle will work for Roy Jr. in the clown car? Is it going to be hovering along the ground, and have temporary flight capability as an Up special or something?

And for Smash attacks, I'm sort of expecting bombs/gadgets/whatever since just punching people in the clown car seems like a waste.

Personally the thing I want to see most is Mechakoopas though, because I ****ing love those things.

But seriously the character is Roy, Jr. is an alt skin as far as I'm concerned. I ****ing love Roy.
i imagine MODOK from Marvel

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Just saw the leak video. Staying all the time in his Clown Car is odd, but he looks interesting.

SirPainsalot

Smash Apprentice
FINALLY he got in. Been waiting since Brawl for his inclusion!

The clown car, ehhh. I still think Shadow Mario transformation would've made for a more interesting moveset.

Still unique though, damn Sakurai thinks of everything.
Sad that I didn't get surprised though, maybe the trailer will make up for it.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime

If you are not maining Jr, you will be playing the game wrong.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Holy **** he looks so fun.

His airspeed seems FAST, and with his small hitbox and weight? I got my new Jigglypuff/Wario!

PixelPasta

Smash Lord
This is exciting news for you guys!

Here's what I have assumed of his moveset so far:
Side Special: Cannonball projectile (0:01)
Up Special: Bowser Jr. gets launched out of the clown car, which re-appears when he lands. (0:10)
Down Special: I'm thinking he summons one of these? (0:26)

Regular attacks include the car punching with boxing gloves (0:25) and sticking it's tongue out (0:04).

I still can't identify some attacks: For example, in this video, I can't figure out what the black thing at 0:06 is. Or in this video, what that attack at 0:04 could be. It looks like it might be his paintbrush, from Super Mario Sunshine.

Last edited:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Can I just say i'm SO GLAD that his moveset isn't either "downsized Bowser clone" or "just give him the paintbrush. No one remembers he was in more games than just Sunshine, right?" Because i'm SO GLAD that his moveset isn't either "downsized Bowser clone" or "just give him the paintbrush. No one remembers he was in more games than just Sunshine, right?"

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I love that his Up-B explodes the Clown Car and has him free-falling until he lands again, absolutely hilarious. For real though, he looks smaller than I imagined, but cool nonetheless.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Congratz guys! I'm quite baffled that this now means we're only Captain Toad away to have all of the major Mario-characters.

Also, from the way he fights... (from letting Koopa Clown Car do the fighting...)

#TeamKoopaling is real

Last edited:

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
Congratz guys! I'm quite baffled that this now means we're only Captain Toad away to have all of the major Mario-characters.
And that day will be glorious.

I'm a massive fan of how this character looks to play, I'm just very interested on his Final Smash. I'm hoping it's like the Sudden Death thing, where he flies across the screen dropping bombs out of the Car.

4cast

Smash Ace
NNID
luma77
3DS FC
4511-0457-7629
I really like the way he fights The Clown Coptor sounds intersting Honestly in a good way :D

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
I'm gonna main Lemmy so hard with this guy. Also, MECHA KOOPAS

Shouldn't this more be "Koopalings confirmed?"

Last edited:

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
It's very strange that the clown car doesn't fly/float, I mean, it has always been able to fly, but it bounces and nothing more in that playthrough. Even his B+up features jumping out from the clown car and it falls down, doesn't fly.
It looks very strange... it stands on the fan, that's even stopped when he's not moving.
But the other moves, the cannonball and the punches are cool.

smashingDoug

Smash Lord
It's very strange that the clown car doesn't fly/float, I mean, it has always been able to fly, but it bounces and nothing more in that playthrough. Even his B+up features jumping out from the clown car and it falls down, doesn't fly.
It looks very strange... it stands on the fan, that's even stopped when he's not moving.
But the other moves, the cannonball and the punches are cool.
edit same i don't believe it for a second he rolls back on the stage in the clown car? he has :diddy: up :GCB: he jumps like i think :kirby2: it just looks fake

Last edited:

TechPowah

Smash Ace
Switch FC
1951-3245-1423
Considering Jr.'s supposed to have all his alts be the Koopalings, I guess we know why they decided to do color coded outlines for teams instead of sticking everyone as one color. :p

Last edited:
Top Bottom