• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Knee and it's many combos

SCOTU

Smash Hero
According to Afro-Ninja's Knee guide, (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RZ4HWWEzQw8), 99% of captain falcon's moves combo into the knee. We are currently working on identifying the one move that does not. We have not had much luck.

The following is a list of moves that have been demonstrated to combo into the knee:

* Knee
* f-tilt
* nair
* Stomp
* Uair
* Backhand (to reverse knee)
* d-tilt
* Falcon Punch (!)
* Raptor Boost
* Falcon Hump (rebound knee)
* d-smash
* u-smash
* u-tilt
* gentleman
* slam dunk
* U-throw
* D-throw

if anyone knows any additional moves that combo into the knee, maybee we can identify the one move that doesn't combo into the knee.

PS - My favorite falcon combo = Air Jordan (u-air > slam dunk)

Ghostype

Smash Champion
If I ever saw g-regulate Falcon Kick someone (good) off the stage and then knee them twice, I'd give him my wallet.

Rage.

Smash Ace
G-Reg Falcon Kicks in battle
So does Isai
its sexy.

Everyone of captain falcons moves goes to knee
there isnt one that you can't hit some character with and not combo into knee

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
Everyone of captain falcons moves goes to knee
there isnt one that you can't hit some character with and not combo into knee
He speaks the truth.

Look at the first post, guys. You've got CF's entire moveset there :laugh: For crying out loud, the Knee itself combo's into a Knee.

Also, I'd like someone to tell me how the Falcon Punch combos into a Knee. That combo has so much testosterone and sheer awesome in it your opponent's head would explode if you pulled it on them.

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Oh the move that doesn't lead into the knee is the jab, duh
Are you sure? What about at high damages?

Also, I'd like someone to tell me how the Falcon Punch combos into a Knee. That combo has so much testosterone and sheer awesome in it your opponent's head would explode if you pulled it on them.
I've done this twice: the first was more of a tech chase (falcon punched him out of edge roll over 100%, he teched and I tech chased with a knee), and the second set up for a knee edge guard (ledgehop reverse falcon punch a sheik after vanish recovery to knee over the edge)

Afro_Ninja

Smash Apprentice
ha, glad to see my vid is still floating around

I really need to re-edit it with better l-cancelling and better combos

Kroy

Smash Apprentice
Where you'd least suspect. That's right you know.
Okay, I think I have found the one single and only move of Falcon's that doesn't combo directly into the knee.

The Captive Knee (A attack during the grab for those who don't know).

Of course I am sure I will be promptly proven wrong by G-reg and his sheer craziness (read as kick-assery awesomeness).

Kick

Smash Apprentice
im having some trouble getting combos going.

yesterday i had what i though would be a nair>uair>nair>knee, which would have been ok, but somehow it ended up as nair>uair>nair(the other direction)>uair and no knee. I dont know, but i think im not shuffling a nair properly. Now when exactly do you fast fall the nair? i kind of wait a bit, so the second kick comes out just before i hit the ground.

one other question? how do people become so proficient with combos? just keep playing and getting used to it?

thanks in advance.

Jaz

Smash Ace
lol moves that don't combo into knee.... ummmm, lol depends on the circumstance, even a falcon punch could combo into a knee, but it wouldn't really be a combo... it would be
falcon punch>coffee break worthy lag>knee

gentlemen into knee on high % is my fav ;)

SCOTU

Smash Hero
Okay, I think I have found the one single and only move of Falcon's that doesn't combo directly into the knee.

The Captive Knee (A attack during the grab for those who don't know).

Of course I am sure I will be promptly proven wrong by G-reg and his sheer craziness (read as kick-assery awesomeness).
The Captive Knee... Hmm... I think that still kinda counts as Captain Falcon's Knee... Does anyone know if this is the same knee (right leg/ left leg) that has the electricity in it?

pdk

Smash Lord
doesn't grounded falcon kick cancel/recoil when you hit a wall with it?

there you go, new potential knee combo

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
Yeha but iirc the animation brings you all the way back to the ground, no chance for aerials iirc. But it might.

Rage.

Smash Ace
The Captive Knee... Hmm... I think that still kinda counts as Captain Falcon's Knee... Does anyone know if this is the same knee (right leg/ left leg) that has the electricity in it?
Its always captain falcons Left knee
like Half demon said.

favorite of all the knee combos
Falcon punch to Knee
that is just way to manly

thechunkylover

Smash Apprentice
Are you sure? What about at high damages?

I've done this twice: the first was more of a tech chase (falcon punched him out of edge roll over 100%, he teched and I tech chased with a knee), and the second set up for a knee edge guard (ledgehop reverse falcon punch a sheik after vanish recovery to knee over the edge)
No still has same damage and knock back.

Top Bottom