• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

the "isai" gentleman

Shadow_I)ragoon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SyNeaX
I just tried this, and it worked for me (as long as I was hitting someone) when on the third A, I pressed any other button or direction, let go of that other button/direction, and hold A. So A, A, A+any direction/button, then hold A. C-stick, control stick, jump, taunt, R/L, y/x, z, b. All worked.
I always had difficulties doing the gentleman but After doing it againt somone it goes a lot faster. It goes faster when hitting somone with it then just doing it no where. And i don't think theres a better combination to do it, like the c-stick or not, it's just how you feel comfortable with it.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
i love both isai's gent and ss's gent.
usually i hold z after the double jab and it pops up a quick lightshield but you can jc it early

Art?

Smash Journeyman
i've just finished posting this in another person's thread about the gentleman and here's my opinion on the gentleman (i also think someone in this thread mentioned this already, but here i go):

the best way to do the gentleman is to press AAA as fast as you can without pressing A more than 3 times (and hold the last A), and allowing all 3 hits to connect. regardless of what you may think, there is no pausing in between jabs involved and no holding of directions. this allows for a really fast gentleman and if you have quick fingers you may even follow through. once you get the timing of this method down, you will get the gentleman w/o the multi-hit almost 100% of the time.

edit: i like your avatar, sighrax.

vexed69

Smash Apprentice
this thread has exceeded it's purpose. Unless Isai The Great enters and settles this discussion the rest is speculation. If i was to bet my life on something it would be that Isai uses AAA and he is the best in the world ever so that is the best technique. I am not good enough to use this technique so i use A+Z+Z . Isai is the best ever

you disagree? you are WRONG

Shadow_I)ragoon

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SyNeaX
You shouldn't tell isai is the best so we must copy him so we can get good, it's all about how you feel. I use AAA but some people might get better gentleman from another technique then this one.

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
i'm still confused what causes the punches to occur..does anyone know?

A, A, (Z or Z+A..they shouldn't do anything different i would think if they were pressed at the same time...Z is just L + A right?) seems to work the most consistently..but the light shield afterwards is kinda annoying..

i'm guessing that any action after the third punch will cancel the rapid punches..if you don't hit A a third time...

I don't really believe AAA should work though...as far as i can tell the only thing that cancels the extra punches is using a different action which is queued up in the system before the final knee.

Sighrax

Smash Lord
i've just finished posting this in another person's thread about the gentleman and here's my opinion on the gentleman (i also think someone in this thread mentioned this already, but here i go):

the best way to do the gentleman is to press AAA as fast as you can without pressing A more than 3 times (and hold the last A), and allowing all 3 hits to connect. regardless of what you may think, there is no pausing in between jabs involved and no holding of directions. this allows for a really fast gentleman and if you have quick fingers you may even follow through. once you get the timing of this method down, you will get the gentleman w/o the multi-hit almost 100% of the time.

edit: i like your avatar, sighrax.
Thank you! You're is quite stylish too.

Xelyst

-_-
the gent is a>a>z+a ..... timing holding the last button press is critical so you dont put up the sheild... i was doing it wrong before ,,,

bbb

Smash Champion
I don't know if it's 100% or anything, but I was messing with these different ways, and the best (IMO) is the A>A> (insert direction here)A way, which, provided you're actually hitting someone and you hold A for a little while Falcon's knee lands back on the ground, seems to work all the time.

But hey, The Gentleman is an artform, and if you already have a way you like to do it that's cool, but if not, hopefully this shall help.

Vall3y

Smash Lord
just do all of them together so you get it for sure
that is
A A *wait* hold down + A+Z(hold)
did i miss anything?

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
so i have another question..what all can i use the gentleman for. I mean if i'm shffling aerials and they shield i could just jab twice and then try to escape..or i could add a gentleman on at the end...will that penetrate the shield? I don't remember...sorry if i sound n00bish but i only picked up falcon for like 4 days then went back to other stuff..i'm more of a 64 smasher anyways, it doesn't have inhuman techniques that i can't learn like moonwalking:p

sorry one more question unrelated..someone else posted that you have to di away from your opponents when nair to set them up for combos..is this true? i never do that except if i'm doing a retreating nair to get some space.

ppa0

Smash Journeyman
iunno if anyone posted this yet, but let me throw this out there:

Well, if you press Z the same time as the third hit, you'll stop 100% of the time, but you'd had to connect with the first 2 hits(whether the opponent's blocking or not). I thought everyone would know this, but I was just wondering if there's a better way to do it without having to connect with the first 2 hits.
EDIT: i forgat to say, thats wat isai was asking 4 years ago, but noone knew the answer then XD

Zeee

Smash Journeyman
whats with the ssbb terms....

Whats the gentlemen?
Is it like lentlemen?
....that was bad
.... Ok seriously what is the gentlemen?

Wreckless

Smash Journeyman
Such a newb thread :chuckle: hahahaha

I believe the best way without much practice would be AAZ; pressing AA fast, then Z.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
whats with the ssbb terms....

Whats the gentlemen?
Is it like lentlemen?
....that was bad
.... Ok seriously what is the gentlemen?
lmao "lentleman" hahaha

the gentleman is when falcon does his neutral AAA combo but he doesn't do the repeated punches. the punches where he yells "CHOO CHOO CHOO CHOO!!" he only does jab jab knee.

this technique is the ownage because falcon's knee is the shiznit. it's his only other knee attack besides the f-air. and you don't wanna hear the "CHOO CHOO CHOO" because it never works, and he's only imitating an approaching freight train from childrens books. sometimes falcon needs to shut up. all his other battle cries and taunts are awesome. but CHOO CHOO CHOO? no, just no.

<- lmao choknater is posting a lot today. for the sake of spam and post count. i hope it doesn't get me b&

Smooth_One

Smash Ace
lmao "lentleman" hahaha

the gentleman is when falcon does his neutral AAA combo but he doesn't do the repeated punches. the punches where he yells "CHOO CHOO CHOO CHOO!!" he only does jab jab knee.

this technique is the ownage because falcon's knee is the shiznit. it's his only other knee attack besides the f-air. and you don't wanna hear the "CHOO CHOO CHOO" because it never works, and he's only imitating an approaching freight train from childrens books. sometimes falcon needs to shut up. all his other battle cries and taunts are awesome. but CHOO CHOO CHOO? no, just no.

<- lmao choknater is posting a lot today. for the sake of spam and post count. i hope it doesn't get me b&
His grab-attack uses his knee too, but it's his right knee just like the Gentleman. Only his Knee-knee uses his left knee.

Wow you know how if you say a word so much it doesn't even make sense?
KNEE KNEE KNEE KNEE KNEE KNEE KNEE KNEE KNEE KNEE KNEE
@_@

=/ I don't get 'lentleman.' Explain please?

A>A>Z works for me, and I press the buttons just slower than the fastest I can. It just takes practice.

Top Bottom