• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Iron Price Results Thread

Zhea

Smash Ace
San Antonio Monthlies: The Iron Price
game-of-thrones-house-greyjoy-.jpg
Melee Doubles

1) Nudist Beach (ARC + JF)
2) Even Puppies and Kittens Hate Kyle (SOS + KING)
3) DMT_ (DMT + MT_)
4) Crystal City (Smiles + Rob$)
5) Mike is a ***** ass ***** (Frisbie + Skeith)
5) SDs Everywhere (Xilopryce + PK-Thunder)

Melee Singles

1) MT_ :marthmelee:
2) ARC :marthmelee:
3) JF :sheikmelee: :jigglypuffmelee:
4) Gore :icsmelee:
5) Skeith :linkmelee:
5) Smiles :peachmelee:
7) Mammon (Forfeit)
7) King :marthmelee:

Project M Doubles

1) Team Triforce (Skeith + SOS)
2) Crystal City (Smiles + Rob$)
3) Nudist Beach ARC + JF)
4) First Time Playing PM (Frisbie + MT_)
5) Puppies (G-Rabbit + Stef)
5) Even Something Hates Kyle (Nick + Nike)
7) Team Furry (Bec + Abstract Logic)
7) Better Than the Alternative (Xilopryce + Hammer)

Project M Singles

1) ARC :mewtwopm:
2) Abstract Logic :diddy:
3) Skeith :link2:
4) Nike :marth:
5) Blondie :samus2:
5) Nick :lucario:
7) PK-Thunder :fox:
7) Zhea :roypm:
9) Jessie :zelda:
9) G-Rabbit :peach:
9) Kyle :peach: :charizard:
9) Gore :popo:
13) Xilopryce :ivysaur: :roypm:
13) Southern Gent :ness2:
13) Stef :sheik:
13) Bec :lucario:
17) Berto
17) Mammon (Forfeit)

Zhea

Smash Ace
Thanks you to everyone who came. I apologize for how long it took to run. That was poor time management on my part. I will be doing several things next time to prevent this.
1) Never running events simultaneously again. This was the main crux as every single bracket got held up by 3 players consistently making it to finals in every event. This was a bad choice on my part.
2) Not running pools next time. I like pools, they give new blood more tournament pressure matches to play which is in line with my primary goal for these tournaments, growth. However I do not have the time to run them with so many events. PM ran super smooth because we went direct bracket and I feel people like to know how they place in the grand scheme of things.
3) Stuff needs to run on time. This was sort of an extenuating circumstance with traffic, but if teams had run on time, we could of bought ourselves an hour buffer for people to go eat. This would of prevented several lengthy breaks that happened due to missing players.
4) I need to be a hardass when it comes to player's being late. I have been very lax about it in the past, due to people talking to me before they go missing for food or a smoke, and because I thought it served the greater purpose of the event(having WF or LF be a forfeit is kind of lame). This will not be the case again. I have rules for this and I will enforce them next time. The trade off is there should be more legitimate break periods due to this.

Shout Outs:

PK-T: Thank you for all your help Chris. This tournament simply would not have run without you. Also I'LL GET YOU NEXT TIME GADGET!
G-Rabbit: Thank you so much for running PM. We were in deep **** and you stepped up to help run the bracket.
MT_: Congratulations on beating ARC. I know you hate that ditto, but good ****. Thanks for helping me pack up at the end of the night too.

SOS:Damn man your work in teams was amazing to watch. Sorry things took so long, you would of dominated singles the way you were playing.
Skeith: Good **** at this tournament dude. SA always knew you were a major threat, but now the rest of Texas knows too.
King: Congratulations in teams Kevin. You are ascending.
Col + Corn: Thanks for coming guys! I hope you had a good time despite the delays. You should definitely try and jump in on more friendlies, especially with higher players. It's hard at first, but it's the best way to grow at tournaments.
Jesse + Berto: Thanks for coming out guys, sorry PM took so long to start. Hope you had fun!
Gore: Good **** in melee Gore. Took Arc to finally take you down. Hopefully ICs aren't crappy in the next PM versions.
Abstract Logic: Wow, 2nd in PM dude. ARC need's to shake that monkey off his back.
Smiles: WE MISS YOU COME PLAY MORE OFTEN!
Rob$: You still got it in teams man. Hopefully you can shake the rust off in singles next tourney. Thanks for coming out!
JF: I still say Lewdist Beach is a better team name. Also good **** in doubles. Dat double rest.
ARC: Congratulations on 1st in 2 events.
Xilopryce: We'll team next time man. Our Reign of Terror Shall Continue.
Stef: Thanks for coming out! It seems we always end up playing each other every time we meet. Also you and G seemed to have magical timing avoiding that accident on the highway.
Blondie: Good stuff dude. Personally, I think you shouldn't retire your Zelda. I'd like to see it again next time.
Nick: You really surprised me dude. Thought I had it after game 1. Going to have to dust off that wolf or perhaps learn Falcon in PM if I want to beat you.
Nike: YOU DIDN'T BRING ESPY WTF! Just kidding, thanks for coming man. M&Ms were magic.
Frisbie: Thanks for coming man. You gotta work on that mindset though, it seems every tournament something throws you off.
Bec: Good stuff Bec. Your adaptation during our game was actually incredible. If you really have only been playing for a month, you are going to be a dominant force in a year.
Southern Gent: Always keeping it classy man. Keep it up with that Ness. Hopefully you and Chris get a chance to commentate again next time.

MT_

Smash Ace
Fun tourney. Shoutouts to Zhea for running the tourney. Shoutouts to Skeith for beating me in pools. Super legit bro. Shoutouts to Nike for 3-stocking me in pools. Shoutouts to Arc for more ridiculous Marth dittos and to JF for almost taking Arc out of losers for me. Shoutouts to the DMT for the good company and teams matches. Shoutouts to Frisbie for double Falcon in PM, too good. Shoutouts to PM doubles for confirming for me that PM just won't be a game that I want to play. Shoutouts to SOS for good games in teams and giving me a free first round in bracket via forfeiting. Shoutouts to Smiles for double peach epicness. Shoutouts to PKT for the most friendlies I played the entire day; you get so much better every time I play you wtf? Shoutouts to MTirno for giving me the tools needed to win this tournament. Also, my tag is to be written without an underscore. The only reason it has an underscore on Smashboards is because there is a 3 character minimum.

See you fools at Forte.

RedGamer

Smash Ace
First things first: A big shoutout to zhea for letting me help.
My arms and shoulders are still kinda sore from those TVs that you carry on an almost daily basis.
Madd swole. You should probably move to the first floor or something.
Also I went :falco: in PM because my :fox: is madd rusty.
Another big shoutout to xilopryce; teams were super fun. I know you're disappointed in me for not getting the double falcon punch, but I was kinda getting bodied by two players that were better than me...

Now it's time for individual shoutouts:

MT: If I had gotten that WD back it would've been CURTAINS!!! I'm being serious though. My airdodge saved you from a 0-death combo. I can't seem to play you without having a **** ton of fun. Every single time, too much fun. GGs. you're a super swell guy. Your falcon makes every falcon in SA look fraudulent, and you don't even main that character.

ARC: Y U NO LOSE SO WE COULD PLAY FRIENDLIES???? You're too busy being good to look out for the little guy? just for that, I'm gonna beat you the next time I see you. fo' real.

JF: dat falco ditto. I got beat 2-0. But one day, and one day soon....

Gore: those ICs, mang. I should never lose to ICs ever again after all that practice you gave me. thanks, I really and honestly am grateful to you. you should drop by more often.

Skeith: In melee, we didn't really play against each other, but in PM we were in there. everybody that was watching got pretty hype at both of our matches. now that I've played you in melee and in PM, I promise not to lose you next tourney. (I hope I keep that promise). GGs

Smiles: we should play friendlies next time, I was kinda looking forward to it, with you being missing and all...

Mammon (Forfeit): I don't think I know you, let's change that ASAP.

King: Really? I expected better from you. then again I expected better from myself so don't feel too bad. come to the smashfests so that I can play you some more.

Buttery Smooth: ENTER NEXT TIME OR THERE WILL BE A Bo7 SET!!!! Also get a facebook already. geez >.>

Nike: Yes. Yes indeed. those friendlies, those hype moments, and those snacks. I 4 stocked them M&Ms, yo. I'm gonna follow suit and bring snacks to the next monthly.

Southern Gent: My old PM teammate. too bad we didn't get to team, we would've wrecked everybody there. We should definately do commentary next time though. we would generate so much hype. also don't lose to kyle. speaking of whom...

MC Clusky: Kyle, my good old buddie ol' pal. thanks for the peach practice, it helped me agains G-rabs. also speaking of whom...

G-Rabbit: dat peach is madd solid in both games. Imma be dustin off my PM fox for you next time.

Abstract Logic: that almost comeback in game 2. I had you, dude. I HAD YOU, and I let you slip through my fingers. I wont let you 2-0 me next time though. ggs

Blondie: teach me zelda's rising neutral b. it's legit. and dat samus made me go falcon in PM. ggs

Bec: I'm sorry for purposefully running out the clock game 1, but I had just gone out for a bite and needed to warm up my fingers again. thank you for being understanding and patient, and keep up the improvement. game 2 was closer than I had expected. also, my ike isn't better than my marth, it's just more technical.

Zhea: dude, from now on I'm banning battlefield against you just to MAKE you step it up on the other stages. why is it that you're only scary on battlefield? shouldn't you be more scary on dreamland? Shouldn't I be more scary on FoD? Shouldn't we as SA players be more scary in texas?
Find out on the next episode of SA Smashfest!! wednesdays fridays and saturdays @ 7pm http://www.twitch.tv/zheamourth

Xilopryce: I could talk madd trash but I have too much respect for you. just work on your fox for now. we only have one other fox and he's kinda too busy to come around anyway. That dessert match was super super super fun. I think your fox had a better chance than your marth did, but SDs more. it's up to you, though. I personally think your fox is better.

Hammer: I don't think I know who you are either. hmmmm......

Col + Corn: look, SA has more marth players. CLNR will teach you everything you need to know about marth, and he will teach you different matchups. keep playing him at smashfests and you guys will get better in no time at all.

CLNR: both you and buttery smooth are dipping out on us. I understand that you didn't enter cause you're retired but you could've at least convinced buttery smooth to enter.

Jesse: dat zelda. you're pretty good dude. if you've ever met blondie, he could show you the zelda tricks to keep me from mindgaming you so much. the only thing I found wrong with my match vs you is that you didn't chaingrab me on FD as much as you should've. Actually, you didn't chaingrab me at all. practice that and you'll be that much better. GGs

Berto: another person I don't think I've met....seriously I go to these events to meet new players that I've never played against before, yet you're the third person there that I didn't get to meet.

Nick: again, another player I didn't meet. sorry about this guys, I promise I will be more interactive next time.

Party Room Staff: those signs were legit. "party room reseved for private event". cool beans guys. you should stay for the next tourney.

the random staff members and their family that didn't see the signs: you should stayed for the tourney as well.

the floor: you're sooooo supportive of me....

I hope to see you guys at forte. GGs everyone!

G-Rabbit

Smash Journeyman
First off: The P:M videos from my setup are up on the Texas Melee Youtube Channel. I'm sure Zhea's will be following soon.

I had a great time coming out to this. Zhea, despite some of the difficulties you encountered, you did a great job TOing and I was more than happy to help out. Thanks again for hosting. You're doing a great job of keeping the scene up in your region.

Shoutouts:

ARC - It was fun playing your Mewtwo in bracket. I hope to take him down next time.

Abstract Logic - I can't begin to express how proud of you I am. You did a fantastic job representing the A&M scene. You just keep getting better, and I'm glad that I'm keeping up. Time for us to get ready for Forte.

Skeith - Your Link is always so impressive to watch. Sorry we didn't get a chance to play each other this time. I'll let you get at my Peach next time.

Nike - I had fun playing friendlies with you. In Melee and P:M, you are helping me improve on one of my hardest matchups tremendously. Thank you.

Blondie - Good stuff this weekend. I'm still very interested on seeing where you take that Samus. It seems like you're developing a lot of new tricks.

Nick - You had me so hype this weekend. I was so happy that you had as great of a time that you did, and very proud of your progress as a player.

PK-Thunder - I had fun playing you in Melee. That set came down to the wire. I welcome the dusted off Fox in PM. Hope to see it next time.

Zhea - Thank you again for hosting! I hope you begin to feel better health-wise, and I also hope you didn't get in trouble for running over your reservation. I need to get better against Falcon and all his knees. Friendlies with you afterward were fun. I hope to play you again this weekend at Forte.

Jessie - I had a good time playing friendlies with you and Berto. I hope you guys continue coming out to these events. Congratulations on doing well at your first tournament.

G-Rabbit - No shame in the placement. Your two losses were grand finals. Time to work on new technology. I'm gonna get that monkey next time.

Kyle - It was good seeing you again man. I'm sorry that everyone hates you though.

Gore - Up the Irons!! I enjoyed meeting you and playing you in Melee. Good stuff in that bracket, no need to get down on yourself. I also hope you put some time into learning P:M ICs new tricks. I think they still have a lot of unlocked potential, but required some practice to better understand their transition from Melee.

Xilopryce - We didn't get a chance to play, but it was good seeing you there.

Southern Gent - I had a great time playing you in bracket. Good job taking Game 2 off of my Toon Link. That was a pretty close match. Sorry I had to counterpick back to Peach though.

Stef - Thank you for being my partner in P:M doubles. I'm glad you had a good time despite how long it took. Thanks for being patient and supportive of me.

Bec - I'm so glad you have the tourney fever! Onward to Forte! I'm looking forward to our future travels as a group. Great job with your performance. I think you did really well for your first P:M tournament. I'm looking forward to how you continue to develop as a player. P.S. you and Zach played well in doubles. I think you guys make a good static team.

Berto - It was nice meeting you and Jessie. I hope you guys enjoyed your first tournament, and I look forward to seeing you at more in the future.

SOS - It was good seeing you again man. Sorry to hear you got a bit tired and had to drop out of singles. Good stuff in doubles though.

Hammer - It was nice meeting you again. I had fun playing friendlies with you, and I like seeing DDD represented.

Frisbie - Good seeing you again man. I hope you enjoyed playing P:M somewhat (at least in doubles).

King - Thank you for helping me with the Marth matchup in Melee friendlies.

JF - I enjoyed playing you in pools. That Shiek is nice. Congrats on getting 3rd in Melee.

AbstractLogic

Smash Journeyman
1) ARC :mewtwopm:
It was nice meeting you and getting to play your Mewtwo in Grand Finals, the jank was unparalleled. I did my best to pull out all of the tricks from the bag but you are an amazing player in melee as well as P:M. It was a surreal experience getting to grand finals for the first time in my tourney career and I had loads of fun man. Nice pivot tutorial btw!
2) Abstract Logic :diddy: Get better you stupid monkey...
3) Skeith :link2: Your link is really solid man. Had I not been so experienced in the matchup, that would have easily swayed in your favor imo. Good **** at making me work hella hard.
4) Nike :marth: You exposed me hard in winners bracket and I have no idea how I was able to come on top in losers. You are an exceptionally solid player and it was a mental challenge when I faced you first and foremost.
5) Blondie :samus2: Good **** on sticking with the ~1 week samus instead of sheiking my ass. I think Samus will take you much further than zelda and I'm glad you jumped off of the fraud princess! I thank you so much for the support you gave me in tourney.
5) Nick :lucario: WTF MAN? You're supposed to be a scrub! Placing this well shouldn't be legal for your lack of experience. I'm really glad you had such a good time and I'm always down to take you to more events.
7) PK-Thunder :fox: <--- That Aint Falco. First and foremost... **** the bird. That thing is a mental nightmare for me and I honestly have no idea why I even won against you. Zhea once told me that a rule of smash is that you never stop losing to falco. I guess there was an exception that day. Good **** though overall. I noticed you've stepped it up in the tech skill department, but I'd like to see you brawl it out a bit and work on the mindgames a bit more. don't be afraid to slow down and just throw out some easy punishes every once in a while.
7) Zhea :roypm: I apologize for being part of the problem with the flow of the event. I really appreciate you hosting these events and will try to come and bring some College Station people every time. Unfortunately I didn't get to play with you, but I'm really happy you didn't give up the wolf. AWOOOOO
9) G-Rabbit :peach: Close set especially game 1 man. I always have to work super hard to beat you in tourney and I really felt like you made me earn that win. I always enjoy practicing against you and soon enough you'll expose the stupid monkey in bracket.
13) Southern Gent :ness2: Every time we play your ness inches closer to dominating my poor monkey. Fortunately the jank is still strong and I can pull out more BS than you can deal with. Until next time!
13) Stef :sheik: Great job in doubles! I'm not used to getting slapped out of my barrels so much! I appreciate you and G-Rabbit staying for the duration of the event and It was nice eating out with you guys afterwards!
13) Bec :lucario: Team Furry was so much fun as always and I'm happy you enjoyed your first P:M tourney. The rate at which you are improving is truly uncanny and I guarantee you will start seeing results sooner than later. I always enjoy helping you improve and you've been my favorite doubles partner yet. I'd like to thank you for the support you showed me in bracket. I dunno if I could have done some of the matches without it.

SOS: Thank you for dropping out of singles and not exposing me game one in bracket. I dunno if i would've placed so well if you had anything to do with it. It's always nice playing with you and I hope you're ready for Forte!

bec

my tag is all lowercase
3DS FC
3454-1035-4185
super fun first tourney, hopefully the first of many to come! didn't get 2-0'd both times, and didn't get 4-stocked. yeehaw

i dont know how to do this stuff cause i'm shy and dumb but here goes yo. sorry if i missed anyone, i'm bad and i feel bad

abstractlogic- you are amazing as a hella rad teammate and mentor. couldn't have done any of it without ya. all the congrats on getting second and continuing to put BCS on the smash map. team furry/team fraud 4 lyfe. also believe in yourself more man you'd have had that match with or without me.

g-rabbit- that peach of yours is rad and scary, not sure how to handle her too well. you did good though, especially in our doubles matches. always glad to practise with you, hopefully some day i'll be able to beat you!

blondie- a big thanks to you for helping me so much as well, i really appreciate it. here's hoping you take that samus great places!

nick- holy **** you did great man! reppin lucario for the rest of us! another thanks to you for teaching me cool lucario stuff, but better watch out cause i'm getting better too.

pk-thunder- i had a ton of fun playing with you, even running out the clock. it was a good warm-up and calm-down match for me as well. thanks for helping me achieve my first-tourney goals! and yeah i can see that about your ike now

zhea- thanks for putting on the tourney, i had a lot of fun and learned a lot. playing with you was fun, even if i was off my game a bit. you'd better watch out for next time though!

stef- you did great in doubles! you and g-rabbit make a rad team, i'm glad we got to face y'all.

skeith&sos- ggs guys, playing against y'all in my first PM tourney doubles match was a lot of fun and i think me and abstract both learned a lot, and did better than we expected. congrats on placing first in doubs!

ZaloMonkada

Smash Cadet
Any idea when y'all are gonna have another event? I'm itching to play a project m tourney ^_^

ZaloMonkada

Smash Cadet
Yeah I'm totally down for that. Hopefully people wanna crew battle cause my boys are foaming at the mouth

Top Bottom