• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Interview Topic - #10 Chudat (Interview UP!)

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
Unfortunately, TwentyTwo has given up ownership of the Interview Thread. He led it very well for a long time, but now I'm taking over. I'm not really making any changes to the formula, but I hope to get each interview finished a bit faster than they had been under TwentyTwo's ownership of the thread.

So here in the General Brawl Discussion we will be bringing you an interview from a Top Player or Influential Member of the Community, hopefully at least 2 times a month.

Better yet, the questions we will be using will be coming from none other than well, you. The format works like this: I will open the thread for each interviewee, and then leave it open for about a week for you to submit any and all potential interview questions you can think of (please only post actual questions in the thread until the interview goes up). The best questions will then be used for the actual interview, and then bam like butter the OP will be updated so all of SWF can read the interview.

Past Interviews:

M2K
DSF
Anther
Dojo
NinjaLink
Lain
mikeHAZE
SOLID
Ally

Vrael: How’s life treating you?

ChuDat: Itz great, thankz

SauceKay: So why Kirby? Ice Climbers are pretty good.

ChuDat: Kirby just suits my style well and he's fun to combo with. Kirby also has a lot of tricks that my opponents won't expect. The problem with Ice Climbers is that the only thing going for them is the infinite, In my opinion. I don't wan't to resort to something as low as that. I've tried Ice Climbers and it didn't work out too well for me lolz.

MK26: Excluding yourself, who are the best Kirbies?

ChuDat: Aside from my self, the next best kirby to me is HAT. He is my student and has copied everything I have done with Kirby since day 1. The second best kirby would have to be Gonzo, afterall, he was the person who tought me how to play Kirby.

4 the lulz: How did you come up with the crew name H2YL?

ChuDat: I personally didn't come up with it, it was my crew mate "Anden Hellseenkee". H2YL, of course, stands for "Hahayoulose". I guess we wanted a name that would taunt our opponents after we **** their **** lolz.

CHOMPY: What provoked you into playing the Super Smash Brothers Series in the first place?

ChuDat: I've always been playing video games while growing up. I remember beating Super Mario Brothers 2 in my diapers. I played other games like Mortal Kombat, Street Fighter, Mario Kart, Killer Instinct, and Final Fantasy 7 up until the release of the first Super Smash Brothers for the N64. I'm sure everyone can remember the awesome commercial they had when the game first came out. Of course, I went out and bought it. I then became one of the best players in the entire world at Super Smash Brothers lolz.

II Bolt II: Out of the many of team mates you've teamed with, which one would you say you work the best with?

ChuDat: I have many team mates that I work very well with. The first two that come to mind would be Forte and Candy. Fortes aggresive style is very similar to my own so when we team, we pull off some amazing team combos. Candy is also an amazing team mate. We work great together. He and I will cover each others backs at all times.

MetalMusicianMan: Do you feel that Kirby's current placement on the tier list is accurate? Should he be lower or higher?

ChuDat: I think his placement on the tier list is pretty accurate. I heard that Lucario is above Kirby on the tier list, though I think Kirby should be above Lucario.

Nova9000: What low tier character do you prefer in Brawl?

ChuDat: I enjoy playing Ness in Brawl. Ness is fun to combo with and is easy to use.

ESAM: How do you hit people with so many kill moves like it's nothing?

ChuDat: LOLZ well it's simple. You must mind game them into making mistakes.

Ally: How do you feel about Kirby in teams and singles? I am very surprised how well you can handle people with Kirby. You're my Kirby idol, I started playing Kirby in Brawl+ cuz of you LOL. Didn't work well in Brawl norm though, Holy ***** my Kirby with ROB x.x

ChuDat: Thanks Ally haha. I think Kirby is very effective in teams. Kirby has the speed and kill power to handel almost all situations. Kirby gets kinda out camped in singles if the character outranges kirby.

aextreme73: What would you change about Kirby if you could?

ChuDat: I think Kirby should be heavier. His uptilt should have more range and his forward smash should kill at 50%.

Shadic: I know you play Brawl+ (Thank you for including it in your events!), but do you have any involvement in the development of the project?

ChuDat: No problem =). I don't really get involved with the Brawl+ development, although I would like to. Sometimes I would make suggestions to Jcaesar. My one big suggestion is that Captain Falcons Knee should do a little bit more damage, it should definitely have a lot more hit lag on it, and Captain Falcon should say "YES!" everytime he knees someone (I am aware of Brawl minus' Captain Falcon LOLZ). The developers of Brawl+ are doing an amazing job though, so keep up the good work guys.

Red Ryu: What's your favorite tournament you've been to?

ChuDat: There are so many awesome tournaments that I've been to. The MLG tournaments were the best since we received free Red Bull, VIP Passes, and free airline travel!!!!! =D. In terms of the best experience, I definitely think that the Melee-FC series was the best since there were over 300 smashers, we played for 3 days straight, EVERYBODY was there, and overall IT WAS AWESOME.

hyperhopper: How do you concentrate so well, especially at the COT4 mayhem?

ChuDat: I eat right, healthy, and I make sure I get plenty of rest for tournaments.

Vrael: Any upcoming tournaments that you’re excited about?

ChuDat: The next tournament that I am excited about would be my *NEW* line of ChuDat Tournamentz. YAYUHHZZ!!

Astartes: Who is your favorite person to play against?

ChuDat: Back in the Melee days, I used to enjoy playing against PC Chris. Our tournament sets would always be really close, fast, and intense. In Brawl, I don't have a favorite lolz. If someone doesn't camp against me, then I enjoy playing them haha.

Iron Dragon: What made you choose ICs in Melee and not the top characters like everyone else?

ChuDat: Well I thought that the Ice Climbers were a very unique character. I didn't know about their potential at the time that I picked them up, I just thought they were cool since they were two characters. I first picked them up after watching a few japanese Ice Climber videos. I was instantly inspired to play Ice Climbers. After I did well with them at a few tournaments, I decided to stay with them. It's a good thing I did since they have won me many tournaments and many fans =).

Tocador: How does it feels to have revolutionized the IC metagame in melee?

ChuDat: It feels pretty amazing =). I'M THE BEST IC IN THE WORLD B****ES!!!!! Also, it's an accomplishment.

TwentyTwo: Whatever happened to Anden, Mild, and Jtanic?

ChuDat: Anden is living in Arkansas right now. After melee, he decided to get into the airforce field. Mild is now married and owns a house. Jtanic still lives in Mexican prison and also has a daughter.

TwentyTwo: Is it true you have close relations to Ken?

ChuDat: Yes, I used to be good friends with Ken. I used to be very close to his entire family. I guess we just grew apart from each other and eventually went our separate ways.

Kinzer: Have any catchphrase you like to say?

ChuDat: YAYUHHHHHZZZZZ!!!!!!! u knew that was coming lolz

TwentyTwo: Why don't you have a verse in this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-9KSum12sEg

ChuDat: I was shy at the time and I didn't speak at all. The only thing I used to say was "Yeah, Chu Dat". Essentially, I was a pokemon LOLZ. I eventually grew out of my shyness. If there is an H2YL rap part 2, expect me to be in there lolz.

SmokeyBBQ: What do you think is the most creative thing you can do with a brick?

ChuDat: For Kirby's brick, you can use this against characters with an UpB that slings onto the edge. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jplc-kiMoo&annotation_id=annotation_796143&feature=iv . If you are talking in a literal sense, then you could use a brick to sign it up for kindergarden then mark it down as a dependant when you do your taxes!

thechunkylover: Where did your amazing pose come from and why can't I stop copying it?

ChuDat: haha, I randomly created it when I posed for pictures at a tournament called Getting Schooled 2. Originally, the pose is supposed to say, "Yeah, everyone look at me, I'm the ****".

hippiedude92: According to Pride's blog in AiB, your ranked top of the top tier as the best looking guy in all of Smash, how do you feel about that?

ChuDat: GAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

Thanks Chu!

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
So why Kirby? Ice Climbers are pretty good.

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Where did "Yayuhz" originate?

Out of the many of team mates you've teamed with, which one would you say you work the best with?

EDIT: Are you a fan of any other game genres besides Fighters?

II Bolt II

WS|Tournament Organizer
NNID
NintenBoLT
3DS FC
0748-2431-1255
Out of the MD/VA power rankings, which player would you say is your biggest rival?

Now that M2K is gone, in your opinion, which is the best region? ;)

AllyKnight

Banned via Administration
How do you feel about Kirby in teams and singles? I am very surprised how well you can handle people with Kirby. You're my Kirby idol, I started playing Kirby in Brawl+ cuz of you LOL. Didn't work well in Brawl norm though, Holy ***** my Kirby with ROB x.x

tocador

Smash Lord
Why you always wanted to play the very underused chars, like pichu + IC in melee, and kirby in brawl?

How does it feels to have revolutionized the IC metagame in melee?

MetalMusicMan

Sleepwalk our lives away.
I'm really really glad that these interview topics are moving along so smoothly these days! It's nice to have a constant influx of information directly from picking top peoples' brains :)

Chudat:

Who do you think is Kirby's hardest fight, why? ...and his easiest?

Do you feel that Kirby's current placement on the tier list is accurate? Should he be lower or higher?

What do you think is the best stage-list setup (your choice for neutrals and counterpicks)?

Nova9000

Smash Lord
What low tier character do you prefer in Brawl?

What characters do you think Kirby teams well with (besides MK)?

What do you think makes your playstyle much better than others who play the same character?

Astartes

Smash Rookie
Who is your favorite person to play against.

How do you get ready for a big tournament.

uhmuzing

human-alien-cig
Writing Team
:D So what are your favorite MUs to fight? Which ones do you do well against? Which ones do you struggle at?

Coke or Pepsi?

Kinzer

Mammy
NNID
Kinzer
3DS FC
2251-6533-0581
Chew that Soulja boi?

More serious question(s?):

Who gives you trouble in your own region? What about people from outside your local scene?

Have any catchphrase or play of words you like to say?

What is your favorite thing about the character you play the moist in Brawl?

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
What do you think is the most creative thing you can do with a brick?

Why did you choose to main Kirby?

Who would you main if your main was banned?

What's your favourite flower? Why? Why not carnations?

VodkaHaze

Smash Journeyman
NNID
VodkaHaze58
Did you use Kirby in Melee?
Where did the name Chu Dat come from?
Will you marry me?

SOLAR

Smash Ace
Should yelling, taunting, and moving around (not touching the opponent, or blocking their view) be permitted by one of the players in a tournament? If not, how should they be penalized?

CHOMPY

Sinbad: King of Sindria
NNID
Chompy621
What provoked you into playing the Super Smash Brothers Series in the first place?

hippiedude92

Smash Hero
According to Pride's blog in AiB, your ranked top of the top tier as the best looking guy in all of Smash, how do you feel about that?

Serious questions lol.

You've been Melee player from the mid Melee days and up to now, what's your mentality and what do you think of as you play a tourney set?

What is it like always fighting Boss in MD/VA brackets?

what do you think makes you very unique/different from the higher level players out there? (overall wise)

Kewkky

Uhh... Look at my status.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-7001-5337-8820
In your opinion, is Kirby as good as he has been projected in the last few tier lists, or is he actually worse?

What keeps you using Kirby? Have you considered switching mains to some other -better- character in order to be more consistent in tourneys?

Are you going to Pound4? And if so, what are your expectations in both the Brawl and Melee scenes?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Got some others,

Why do you play who you play?

What is the biggest mistake you have made in smash?

Do you like Brawl or Melee more?

Where do you think the Character viability line is drawn?

Kuraudo

4Aerith
NNID
Kuraudo
Chudat. Very shortly after Genesis, I had left the tournament with a very sour perspective on my skills and was overwhelmed by my lack of performance. I even considered giving up on my main to switch to MK with a grim outlook that to be good at Brawl you just play him. I took out my frustrations on fellow friends from Alberta, and my losses were weighing down on me hard.

But then you came to the Alberta thread and offered me support. Seeing that, as a player out of many who didn't make it out of pools, for being such a jerk, you still cared enough to encourage me. That meant more to me then I could ever really express.

Thank you.

If I play you somewhere down the line, whether it's in a pool, a bracket, or just friendlies, would you like to step it up to a $20 MM? I owe you a great set of matches for helping me when you did. HYPE. Y/N?

Iron Dragon

Smash Lord
Why are you so **** good looking?

Who was your hardest opponent of all-time in Melee and why? What about Brawl?

What made you choose ICs in Melee and not the top characters like everyone else?

Veril

Frame Savant
1. Do you think the kirby metagame of brawl will evolve to be more focused on timing out matches? I had this conversation with Allied a little while back and wanted to hear your take on this.

2. Kirby+ is awesome. y/n?

Sino

Smash Journeyman
1) How do you think kirby’s metagame will develop?
2) Why do you have Chudat as nickname?
3) Whats youre favourite CP with kirby and why?

Top Bottom