• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

THE INFAMOUS FALCO DITTO

ElloEddy

Smash Journeyman

michael_li

Smash Ace
well i don't have much to say cuz melee is so situational but try to not drop combos, hit all your tech chases, can always DI opponents combos better...

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
you keep leaving these open gaps for the other falco when you have control, especially in the 1st video whenever you're waiting on tech. he hasnt been doing anything other than shield > laser after tech so there's no reason to expect him to suddenly start spotdodging or something. i suggest more shinegrabs as well. also you lost 2 of your stocks to bad dair on shield and the other 2 to tech flubs

2nd game you made a lot of random mistake ~_~ also i feel like you keep putting yourself in a punishable position with all your platform movements, especially jumping on plats above him during neutral. you lost 3 stocks to bad dairs here (2 on shield, 1 you traded and lost) and the other stock was from some tech flub

3rd game you lost 1st stock to getting shined out of dair and 2nd to a big tech flub. 3rd stock was from a combination of getting shieldgrabbed out of laser fsmash on shield (don't make this call if you aren't certain the laser will stun) and the unnecessary walljump bair - i suggest only doing stuff like that once since the opponent becomes very wary of bair from edge after getting hit once. 4th stock was lost to getting hit by lhdl, speaking of which both of you need to start punishing lhdl

mainly focus on tightening your punishment game, don't give up so much control when you gain advantage. try to change up your aerial timings since you keep dying out of early dairs. also stop sd'ing from tech flubs lol - you play really flashy but i think you can do with making your inputs more concise to reduce mistakes

idk how helpful this is but there you go. you're getting pretty technical o_O

ElloEddy

Smash Journeyman
you keep leaving these open gaps for the other falco when you have control, especially in the 1st video whenever you're waiting on tech. he hasnt been doing anything other than shield > laser after tech so there's no reason to expect him to suddenly start spotdodging or something. i suggest more shinegrabs as well. also you lost 2 of your stocks to bad dair on shield and the other 2 to tech flubs

2nd game you made a lot of random mistake ~_~ also i feel like you keep putting yourself in a punishable position with all your platform movements, especially jumping on plats above him during neutral. you lost 3 stocks to bad dairs here (2 on shield, 1 you traded and lost) and the other stock was from some tech flub

3rd game you lost 1st stock to getting shined out of dair and 2nd to a big tech flub. 3rd stock was from a combination of getting shieldgrabbed out of laser fsmash on shield (don't make this call if you aren't certain the laser will stun) and the unnecessary walljump bair - i suggest only doing stuff like that once since the opponent becomes very wary of bair from edge after getting hit once. 4th stock was lost to getting hit by lhdl, speaking of which both of you need to start punishing lhdl

mainly focus on tightening your punishment game, don't give up so much control when you gain advantage. try to change up your aerial timings since you keep dying out of early dairs. also stop sd'ing from tech flubs lol - you play really flashy but i think you can do with making your inputs more concise to reduce mistakes

idk how helpful this is but there you go. you're getting pretty technical o_O

thanks for the advice ..imma start slowing it down and punishing more ..and when ppl tech in place it ****s me up lol my reaction to tech in place needs to get better ....but what do you usually do to punish shdl

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
i tend to play safer than usual...keeping space from the ledge makes the other falco more liable to lhdl, but because of the space they lack a strong followup for it - plus the distance makes it easier to react to.

i usually retreat from the ledge immediately whenever i feel like the opponent has the chance to turn momentum around from the edge...while i relinquish some of my control over the opponent's options i still keep control of center stage and reduce the risk of some dumb gimp, especially with the advent of frame perfect ledgedashing in the last few years

as for direct punishes, i usually either jump over or stay above and punish accordingly, although im not sure if that's the best option
i feel like shield lasers > shine oos works but maybe im getting lucky
i hear you can double powershield lhdls lol

er yea im not too sure honestly. i dont play this game enough anymore to have concrete answers lmao

Mprime

Smash Ace
Focus on your breathing, keep in calm so your heartbeat doesn't get to fast. When your heart is beating to fast it means you are in a state of fight or flight (natural survival instinct). This causes shakey and sweaty hands which will cause misclicks. One misclick can lead to a stock loss. This will help dramatically with tech.

michael_li

Smash Ace
you guys are halarious. taking melee to another level. maybe i should go consult a psychiatrist about smash before i go to a tournament. hahaha

Varist

Smash Lord
you'll still get *****

and that's when you can go visit your local smash therapist

Pr0fessor Flash

Smash Master
NNID
Snake_Midwest
3DS FC
1993-8618-5171
to win a falco ditto you must has almost perfect tech skill and use lasers to get momentum and combo the other falco or gimp them so basicly put the other falco in bad positions and combo them

-Se7en-

Banned via Warnings
[Breakdown] : You must know everything Falco is capable of.
*Tech - Chasing
*Camping
*Pillaring
*Juggling

When the match starts observe what the Falco does. Does he start camping or does he Pillar?

(1)Camping - you must take a slow approach and get close to him without being in Fsmash range.

(2)Pillaring - When he pillars, you need to DI in different directions, when he dairs tech away in the direction you think he would least expect.

Huge Tip : Falco's shine is his fastest move, so if you are in a terrible situation and you must hit them first keep that in mind.

The opponent's perspective : They don't want to be tech - chased or camped just like you. They are just as much afraid of your Falco as you are of theirs.

**Edge**
•If you find yourself on the corner of the edge try to grab them if they are close enough, and bthrow, they have 2 options which is Up-B or side-B.

(1)Side-B : This is what most Falco's do. You could shoot a laser and throw them off or do a Dsmash near ledge.

(2)Up-B : This is where you have many options. You can grab edge, jump off and bair, or fall down jump dair. Bair is best option imo.

Top Bottom