• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Importance of TX Unity in Smash 4

CH4LK

Smash Rookie
Also, just wanted to help out a little even though I'm an unknown. For those taking the megabus to a different city and still needing a ride to said tournament. Lyft is a lot cheaper than a cab, and it operates in Austin, Dallas-Forthworth, Corpus, San Antonio, and Houston. Use code JARED1370 to get a 25 dollar ride FO FREE. Just make sure to download the app, put in the code BEFORE requesting a ride, and viola, you're off to whoop some ass. Looking forward to meeting everyone at tournaments and lets keep TX scene strong!

CH4LK

Smash Rookie
Something I forgot to mention now that I look at the post again. Code is only usable once, so get a friend to download the app and you can share rides.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
Houston's first major Smash 3ds event, The Road to TGC, is going down in 22 days (November 1st)! Official rules and games (Mario Kart 8, Pokemon X+Y and Smash 3ds) are locked in as well as a few free perks like no venue fee and free food if you decide to go.

This new generation of Houston tournaments will forge the way for TX to become one of the absolute best states to be smashing in but it can only happen if you support us like you did during the Brawl ages with HOBO and WHOBO. So please come on out to The Road to TGC, make friends, have fun, get better, earn some PR points and maybe make a little money too. I hope to see you guys soon.

PS: ill money match any Lucina/Marth with my Lucina.

The Road to TGC Smashboards page
http://smashboards.com/threads/nov-...ouston-texas-free-venue-and-free-food.366489/
The Road to TGC Facebook event page
https://www.facebook.com/events/1464546770489796

Wilhelmsan

Smash Lord
Hey DFW/Austin smash brothers, it's been forever since I've posted or let alone been interested in smashing in tourneys. I played a lot before the turn of the decade. I'm here in Waco, and I came up with a bit of an idea:

I have access to a good sized warehouse in downtown waco that is quite literally on interstate 35. There's lots of electrical outlets and sufficient power to run a tourney here. Would DFW/Austin be interested in me organizing something if we also got the interest of the other community (seeing as how I am just 100 miles away from both areas)?

We have abundant space and the building itself is a bit older, with an ancient brick wall that lends itself to a neat atmosphere. Less than 1/2 mile away there is a smorgasbord of restaurants (McDonalds, Wendy's, Taco Bell, Sonic, Fazolis, Whataburger, Subway, etc...).

Help me gauge y'all's interest in this,
thanks

Last edited:
Top Bottom