• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Heavenly Scriptures:A Pit Q&A thread!

kown

Smash Lord
yes^ thats what we should be discussing in the stage discussion thread..... my CP choices are Frigate, norfair, portown aero drive ( i believe the best pick for pit), and jungle japes.

as far as if pit has the best projectile yes but TL's projectiles beat pits in a spam war.

emoklops

Smash Cadet
The guy above me asked a question, so dont skip him.

Anyways, I was wondering what effect tilting the mirror has on, well, anything.
Well, some other person said, there isn't any effect. Just to say something, there is a kind of effect. If you go about 1/4 of the length of Final Destination away from Samus, face her and tilt the shiel up, you will almost completely avoid her Final Smash.

http://de.youtube.com/watch?v=5Dn4saH-6VQ

kown

Smash Lord
Starter
Battlefield
Final Destination
Smashville
Yoshi's Island

Starter/Counter
Castle Siege
Delfino
Halberd
Lylat Cruise
Pokémon Stadium 1

Counter
Brinstar
Corneria
Distant Planet
Frigate Orpheon
Green Hill Zone
Jungle Japes
Luigi's Mansion
Norfair
Pictochat
Pirate Ship
Pokémon Stadium 2
Rainbow Cruise
Yoshi's Island (Pipes)

Counter/Banned
Green Greens
Mario Circuit
Onett
Port Town Aero Dive
Skyworld

In some areas it might be but in texas its legal.
rainbow cruise is also a good stage for pit.

kown

Smash Lord
for which stage? rainbow cruise yes but i mean it also depends on the opponents char too. Make sure to pick port town aero drive its really designed for pits arrows and thiers no ledges for recovery which makes it amazing stage for punishing.

Coffee™

I need it....
I do that but when I go to actually shoot the arrow it is more in line with the stage than actually above the stage.

I realised from the video that when Pit jumps up he moves back a little bit however when I do attempt it Pit tends to go directly vertical and doesn't move back much if at all. Not sure exactly if that helps but it should explain what i mean a bit better.

kown

Smash Lord
SO me (Pit) n Xyro (samus) are teaming up for the next tournry! we havent played much together but i was wondering what your ideas were as far as stage picks and strats should go?

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If it was Bowser, i could probably help. I happen to have a moderate grudge against samus simply for being a difficult projectile-spammin Z-air spammin camper (I played one of those before). You're on your own, and if TA is on, enjoy the Mirror Shield.

NxC

Smash Apprentice
This question is rather debated within the Pit community. Personally, I believe wing refreshing is the most useful technique, allowing for more aerial freedom to edgeguard and perform various other techniques.

It is performed by coming in contact with the ground in the first two seconds of WoI, and then continuing your flight. Before the WoI time runs out, you must cancel out of WoI by performing an aerial attack. Afterwards, you have all of your jump options back, as well as another WoI option. If you are hit during the initial WoI (after touching the ground), you will still have your jump options available.

The easiest way to perform this is to WoI immediately after jumping. While it is possible to WoI straight off of the ground, fall down, touch the ground, and then fly back up, this takes time and is prone to autocanceling.

Before learning ATs, though, make sure you have a solid grip on Pit's BASIC gameplay. ATs are to support your abilities, not to be the focus of them.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
umm yea, I did lack some basic gameplay, so have i been told by Rogue... But you cant blame me for using arrows a lot. It is the funnest projectile in the game.
Shoot it, curve it, loop it, Rain it. (Bad Daft Punk reference >_<)

pensfan728

Smash Apprentice
What's Pit's fastest arial, and what frame does it come out on? I know there's no frame data for Pit yet, but does anyone know?

Salty123

Smash Apprentice
im having some trouble with approaching from the air. when i try to hit the opponent with an arial while their still on da ground they either shield or grab. should i abandon this tactic and just land away from them or do somethng else?

kupo15

Smash Hero
Either do one of two things. Use the Fair so that the tip of the range hits and back away to get out of grab range, or SH Nair behind them and Utilt or pivot grab. The Utilt comes out instantly.

Salty123

Smash Apprentice
thanks that helped me a lot

one more thing, could you tell me what the best strategy for approaching ike is. i have a lot of trouble fighting him for some reason

NxC

Smash Apprentice
Most Ike players (good ones, anyway) wait for the opponent to make a mistake, and punish them for it. Ike is a punisher.

He does this, however, because he is extremely punishable when he makes a move.

Arrows and the mirror shield are going to be your friend in any Ike matchup, as well as any low-lag move. Short-hopped aerials (especially n-air), as well as Running short-hopped arrows are really good setups for getting a few good hits in. Once Ike is off the edge, he can become very vulnerable to any number of edgeguarding techniques, most notably the mirror-shield reflection of his up-B. The timing takes some getting used to, however.

Busta-Wolf

Smash Rookie
has anyone posted about Pit's boost smashing? im not a pit main, but i was goofing around with him and i found another way to boost smash/ DAC with him. instead of the usual run then down-C>upZ, i did this:
run then up-C>Z. Pit ended up sliding alot more, it varies time to time. id say the most distance ive gotten with him was about the same as link on average. just thought id ask.

pensfan728

Smash Apprentice
has anyone posted about Pit's boost smashing? im not a pit main, but i was goofing around with him and i found another way to boost smash/ DAC with him. instead of the usual run then down-C>upZ, i did this:
run then up-C>Z. Pit ended up sliding alot more, it varies time to time. id say the most distance ive gotten with him was about the same as link on average. just thought id ask.
Wouldn't that just do a hyphen-smash? And the variable distance is because Pit is right-footed, so if his left foot is down when you do the attack, he won't go as far.

arm

Smash Apprentice
I kill threads.
Anyways, I was wondering if this was known or not, but you can pivot Pit while he is knocking the arrow to face in the desired direction. Rather than the usual pivot, I mean.

Ryanarius

Smash Journeyman
what does anybody think about da glide attack. how often should i be using it?
It depends on who you are up against. Some characters can destroy glide attack attempts while others struggle against it. Glide canceling is quite good against most characters but glide attack depends on too many factors to give a good standard of when to use it.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Against Zelda, I DONT recommend the Glide attack at all, or gliding for that matter. Her Din's Fire will stop you in your tracks, and if that dont, then her Usmash and U-tilt will.

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
<.<

>.>

don't tell my fellow zelda mains I'm helping y'all but, honestly... don't try ANY aerial approach against Zelda.... it won't end well

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
Im well aware of that. But Considering how Zelda isnt a common opponent around, I'm not worried ATM.

kown

Smash Lord
zeldas recovery isnt very good...but a good zelda should have that masterd. i know that if zeldas doing her fire projectile (side b) shes really vulnerable and any attack will make her lose control of it. i think you cna also attack cancel the fireballs. she does hhave high priority, but im trying to learn to DI out of the attacks.

arm

Smash Apprentice
zeldas recovery isnt very good...but a good zelda should have that masterd. i know that if zeldas doing her fire projectile (side b) shes really vulnerable and any attack will make her lose control of it. i think you cna also attack cancel the fireballs. she does hhave high priority, but im trying to learn to DI out of the attacks.
It would be good to note that despite her losing control of the move, it will continue on its course, and will still detonate when it reaches the maximum range, and possibly when it hits a wall or the floor. And as Pit mains, we'll probably shoot her from a distance, so remain weary even after shes lost control.

PS answer my question plx!

Sonic The Hedgedawg

Smash Hero
NNID
SonicTheHedgedog
3DS FC
3437-3319-6725
Zelda's recovery is easy to edgehog and easy to punish if she lands on the stage.. BUT... since she teleports through the air, it is VERY hard to edgeguard her.... she'll go right through you.

A good Zelda isn't foolish enough to let you get close to her while she's using din's fire or else she'll detonate it before she gets into trouble.... also... if you use arrows to get her out of it, almost all Zeldas worth their salt aim din's at the ground; so, if they lose control, it still detonates on top of you.

You CAN cancel her fireballs... I believe the equation is that you need to hit them with an attack that does at least 7% more damage.... so I think that would be 23% for a fully charged fireball and closer to 15% for uncharged... pit doesn't really have any moves that do a whole lot of damage in one hit... maybe bair... but otherwise, I think no.

DIing out of her attacks? Well first of all, just accept that you can't do it all of the time... 2nd of all... DIing out is NOT always the best decision.... ESPECIALLY with Usmash.... Diing out of the bottom near an edge can result in the move spiking you... and DIing out anywhere else, you'd have to go out the top.... and normally that means that you are in perfect range for her to chain you into another Usmash..... just yesterday I was playing a free-for-all with omnigamer and he insited upon DIing out of it.... he got chained into at least 5 more Usmashes and probaly would have kept having it happen had we not been playing with one of those "interruptor" types who will, for example, hit you with a peanut while you are just about to punish a broken shield... because he definitely stopped my USmash chaining him for no reason other than the fact that he could.

Apollo317

Smash Cadet
<.<

>.>

don't tell my fellow zelda mains I'm helping y'all but, honestly... don't try ANY aerial approach against Zelda.... it won't end well
That is why you turn your weakness into a strength! That is the beautifull thing; say Pit SHs towards Zelda like he's aerial approaching her, he can almost be sure that Zelda will SH fair. So he SHADs, dodging the fair and then does a utilt, fsmash, whatever works for the positioning. This is a mindgame of course so you can't just do the same thing over again, but you can predict their next reaction.
Learning and accepting your characters weaknesses, and then actually changing them to strenghts is one of the major things that makes a great player.

That's wisdom from Gimpyfish.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ltqgP-Xgceg

MuBa

Smash Lord
Question about Pit's Hyphen Smash.

How do you get maximum distance with Pit's Hyphen Smash? There are times I get long distances (Like 1/3 distance of Smashville) and other times medium to short/negligible distances. Is it more of a specific frame thing or or is random?

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
I've never really looked too deeply into the Hyphen Smash. I've been able to get better distance out of Pit's Dashing U-Smash anyway. >_<

Top Bottom