• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Happy Thread

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
This happened this week on Monday, but the problem I had where I told some girl I liked for 2 years how I felt and she stopped talking to me is fine now. On Monday I texted her again telling her that I am fine if she doesn't like me back and that if she doesn't I don't want things to change between us. She rejected me because she said we don't really know each other well enough and she isn't looking for a boyfriend right now (honestly I already heard that she wasn't looking for anyone but her friend told me to just go ahead and tell her how I feel if I want), which which probably means she won't ever like me that way. Even though I told her I don't want things to change between us, ironically we are both more comfortable talking to each other now. I jumped the gun thinking she wouldn't talking to me anymore, but to be fair that is exactly what has happened in the past with most of the girls I have told how I felt. I asked her if I would ever have a chance with her if we get to know each other better and she said she isn't sure and I told her that we will find out, but I am not going to hold my breath (because I doubt anything is going to happen between us, though until she tells me a straight up yes or no I am still going to have some hopes).
Personally I would prefer a straight answer when I ask a girl out, but at least things aren't awkward between you two.

There's a lot going on in my life right now, mainly creating mods for sm4sh and learning to romhack Pokemon Emerald. It's hard, but it's fun to have something challenge me in a new type of way. I'm just not good at sm4sh, or fighting games in general, but I love the games so much. I want to just give back to the community in a way that people care about and enjoy, and I think I'm doing just that by making mods. I've already made people happy by just making simple texture edits, it's crazy how different colors can make somebody's day. And voice mods are really fun to make as well. It's all just so addictive.

Whoops, didn't mean to write a whole paragraph. OH WELL

Sn0wman

Smash Rookie
This happened this week on Monday, but the problem I had where I told some girl I liked for 2 years how I felt and she stopped talking to me is fine now. On Monday I texted her again telling her that I am fine if she doesn't like me back and that if she doesn't I don't want things to change between us. She rejected me because she said we don't really know each other well enough and she isn't looking for a boyfriend right now (honestly I already heard that she wasn't looking for anyone but her friend told me to just go ahead and tell her how I feel if I want), which which probably means she won't ever like me that way. Even though I told her I don't want things to change between us, ironically we are both more comfortable talking to each other now. I jumped the gun thinking she wouldn't talking to me anymore, but to be fair that is exactly what has happened in the past with most of the girls I have told how I felt. I asked her if I would ever have a chance with her if we get to know each other better and she said she isn't sure and I told her that we will find out, but I am not going to hold my breath (because I doubt anything is going to happen between us, though until she tells me a straight up yes or no I am still going to have some hopes).

Hey man, at least you went for it! Well done! There is no point going through life always wondering, 'what if...'.

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
I spent a good 15 to 20 minutes writing about what's wrong in my life in the Unhappy Thread, but there's still some good happening right now too, so I thought it would be fair to share those good things.

A few days ago, I finally got my drivers license. I wanted to drive during high school, but there were several setbacks, whether it'd be my personal fear of crashing on the road getting the better of me, or me going through the loss of my first girlfriend (we'll get to that in a bit). I failed my first test by running over the pole when it came to parallel parking, but the second time, despite still screwing that part up, I did well on everything else, and passed with enough points to get my license. Now I just have to wait for a couple of weeks before the card comes in.

I'm also in the process of moving on from my first girlfriend. I've been through the stages of deep hatred for her, to just being frustrated, to missing her, and right now, whenever I think of her, there is still a little bit of anger and/or sadness every now and then, but there's more... acceptance than there was a while ago. I often look back at those times we shared and I say "That was fun, but she's on her own now, and it's best I do the same." I've been thinking of other girls that I met at my college orientation, and when I go to college in a few weeks, I'll think about what girls I want to spend some time with. My ex was the only girl that I had obsessively thought about for months, but now, I'm starting to think about what a relationship would be like with another girl. I haven't spoken to or heard anything about my ex in a month after she blocked me on social media and my phone number, but I'm not spending time looking at how she's doing. I'm focusing on myself, and when I do see her again, I want to show her that I'm not the boy she knew at the end. I'm not implying that I want to get back together with her like I wanted to, but I want that weight off my shoulders so that I don't care a burden with me every time I enter a relationship.

I still have quite a way to go before I'm completely over her, and maybe I won't ever be completely over her, but I at least want to get to a point that I can look at her and say "Thanks for the memories, and I hope you have a great life," without wishing I was with her.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
My mom showed me a picture of her from 5 months ago and a picture from yesterday and she is a lot skinnier now. She told me she has lost almost 20 pounds now and it really makes me want to lose weight too. I am not really that overweight, but I really want to lose my belly fat and lose my man-*******.

Edit: Damn I can't use that word? Eh you guys know what I mean anyways.

Last edited:

DragonBlade64

Smash Apprentice
I made a few posts in the Unhappy Thread around a month and a half ago. Just wanted to say that everything is going a lot better for now. I got a new job doing custodial work that pays at least almost twice as much as my old job and doesn't have nearly as many demanding hours during the day, plus I don't have to deal with idiot customers and lazy management.

Besides that, my family almost has our surround sound installed. Hopefully we can get that up and running by tonight or tomorrow.

My biggest highlight so far though is a small-scale comic-con event my hometown did yesterday. It was the second one they've done (the first being last year) and I can honestly say it was a huge improvement. Met a lot of great people that share the same interests as me (games, anime, geek culture, etc), got a couple Pokémon plushies and a comic book, and, most importantly, participated in my first Smash tournament (better late than never!). It wasn't like normal tournaments like most are used to, it was single elimination consisting of four-player free-for-alls (mainly done for time constraints) with no items on final destination until the end where they did a couple one-on-one matches to determine the top 3. I won't get into specifics unless someone really wants to know, but I ended up placing in 3rd overall out 32 players and won a gift certificate to a local game shop that was hosting the tournament. I feel pretty good about it :)

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Hey guys. Nobody knows this, but I'm an aspiring lyricist, and a few months ago, I made lyrics to this song. Someone contacted me a while ago to make a Vocaloid version of this song and after months of trying, he finally made one. It's not finished yet, as we're getting someone else to make a semi-professional version of it, but I'm so glad that I got acknowledged for my work. :)

I made lyrics to Koopa's Road from Super Mario 64, and people so far seem to be liking it:

The lyrics to both songs are in the comment sections. Look for the name Hub Pie.

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
It amazes me that some of these threads have had people posting in them consistently for 15 years. (Possibly more!)

It's weird when I think about the time I've spent posting here but at the same time it's nice to come back after a long absence and see everything is still busy.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
Man, I really want to be more active on these boards. I used to post every day and check my inbox during school. Whoops, didn't mean to reminisce.

I've been making more sm4sh mods, and recently started up a youtube channel where I make mod tutorials. So far, people have been so kind and supportive. I hope that I don't get too popular though, youtube comments are pure cancer after a certain number of subs. I'm happy with staying below 5,000 for a while.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Lots of good things going on in school. I'm doing better this year, I like all my teachers to some degree, although I'll probably opt out of band next year to pursue violin lessons. My classmates are okay. A combination of my personality and my perspective of them is preventing me from making friends, but that's fine. I have plenty in and out of my classes anyway, it's not a big deal at all. A big sigh of relief for me is that my hormones have finally settled down so I can focus on my schoolwork. Too much emphasis on stress and girls prevented me from doing well last year, so I know I'll do so much better this year!

Of course, on the down side I still don't have a girlfriend. It's a combination of not being interested in anyone and it not being a priority anymore. Seriously, out of all my six classes, I can't find a single girl I could be interested in? I have some girl-friends, but they're just friends. No interest. None of this is a big deal either, though. I mean, I still have that feeling of longing for someone, but it's just part of the job description as a teenager I guess. Whoever she is will come along sooner or later (I'm gauging in about 2-3 years , probably senior year of high school or well into college). Hopefully she's everything I've been obsessing over for the past 2 years xD

Also, it's great to be back on the Boards! This is my first time posting since God knows when, and I'm slowly getting back into Smash (Which I kinda ditched for Overwatch a while back). I have new characters I want to try out, a new way of thinking, and a new attitude that I know will help me succeed! I'm thinking about keeping Cloud and Corrin as mains (because I'm still good with them somehow and I love both of them) and trying out Robin and ZSS. Maybe Greninja too. So it's back to balancing school, Smash practice, hanging out with friends, and my me time (probably playing Monster Hunter).

Well that was a bit of a direct thought-to-page sort of thing. I hope I didn't bore you to death with my internal stuff xD

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
Lots of good things going on in school. I'm doing better this year, I like all my teachers to some degree, although I'll probably opt out of band next year to pursue violin lessons. My classmates are okay. A combination of my personality and my perspective of them is preventing me from making friends, but that's fine. I have plenty in and out of my classes anyway, it's not a big deal at all. A big sigh of relief for me is that my hormones have finally settled down so I can focus on my schoolwork. Too much emphasis on stress and girls prevented me from doing well last year, so I know I'll do so much better this year!

Of course, on the down side I still don't have a girlfriend. It's a combination of not being interested in anyone and it not being a priority anymore. Seriously, out of all my six classes, I can't find a single girl I could be interested in? I have some girl-friends, but they're just friends. No interest. None of this is a big deal either, though. I mean, I still have that feeling of longing for someone, but it's just part of the job description as a teenager I guess. Whoever she is will come along sooner or later (I'm gauging in about 2-3 years , probably senior year of high school or well into college). Hopefully she's everything I've been obsessing over for the past 2 years xD

Also, it's great to be back on the Boards! This is my first time posting since God knows when, and I'm slowly getting back into Smash (Which I kinda ditched for Overwatch a while back). I have new characters I want to try out, a new way of thinking, and a new attitude that I know will help me succeed! I'm thinking about keeping Cloud and Corrin as mains (because I'm still good with them somehow and I love both of them) and trying out Robin and ZSS. Maybe Greninja too. So it's back to balancing school, Smash practice, hanging out with friends, and my me time (probably playing Monster Hunter).

Well that was a bit of a direct thought-to-page sort of thing. I hope I didn't bore you to death with my internal stuff xD
Welcome back bro! Good to here that you're doing well.

I start school tommorrow, and I still need to read half of a book for summer homework. Which is exactly why I'm posting on SmashBoards, procrastination is key. Other than that, I finally got some good classes this year. C O O K I N G B O Y S

FallenHero

Smash Ace
Today was my first day of school and I would say it seems like 11th grade will not be very stressful compared to 10th grade for me. I have heard a lot of people say that 11th grade is the hardest year of high school, but luckily for me it doesn't seem like that is going to be the case for me. First of all, because I took Physics last year I now have a free period at the beginning of the day, meaning I get to come to school an hour later than everyone else. The U.S. History teacher seems like a really cool teacher, and even though he says he gives homework everyday, 9 times out of 10 the homework is not a lot of work to do. My algebra 2 teacher never gives any homework and you can pretty much pass his class by just showing up and not being an ***hole.

Also I turn 17 in exactly one week.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
My Smash career has kicked itself back into gear! I went online to play a few matches thinking I'd get my butt handed to me on a silver platter, but it was almost the complete opposite. I'm crushing with Cloud, and doing really well with ZSS, my most recent pick-up character. (On my first day trying her out, I was either winning matches or getting even 100s with each player down a stock. Really close matches)

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
Not sure if anyone here's a fan of Hatsune Miku, but regardless, I finally got some acknowledgement for lyrics I wrote for an existing song! The song is Grand Nuage from Mega Man ZX, and I wrote these lyrics several months ago. 4 months later, someone contacts me to make a cover for it (their first cover at that), and after another 4 months, it finally finished today.
My YouTube name and signature name is Hub Pie, BTW.

FallenHero

Smash Ace
It's been a few weeks since school started for me, and so far things have been pretty stress free other than me yesterday seeing I was still missing two credits from art class last year even though I went to summer school for it, but today I asked my guidance counselor about it and they said I did get them and the website was just not updated.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
Today was my birthday, and I'd say it's the best one yet. Turning 16 opens up a lot more freedom to do what you want with your life, and I love it.

Last edited:

FallenHero

Smash Ace
Sorry to double post, but it has been a while since the last post. Anyways, I know it isn't much, but I weighed myself a few minutes ago right after I worked out and I have lost 3-4 pounds since I began working out. I have not been working out as much as I wanted to until last week I decided to work out more often in a week.

Last edited:

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
Sorry to double post, but it has been a while since the last post. Anyways, I know it isn't much, but I weighed myself a few minutes ago right after I worked out and I have lost 3-4 pounds since I began working out. I have not been working out as much as I wanted to until last week I decided to work out for often in a week.
Nice, 3-4 pounds a week is really fast if you think about it. In one month, that's about 12-16 pounds lost (if you stay on schedule of course).

FallenHero

Smash Ace
Nice, 3-4 pounds a week is really fast if you think about it. In one month, that's about 12-16 pounds lost (if you stay on schedule of course).
It has been more than a week since I started working out (I really started like a month ago, but I did it once one day and then didn't work out again for about 2 weeks), but last week I felt like I needed to pick up the pace and stop putting it off (though sometimes it is unavoidable to put it off because some days I have more homework than others).

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
So, I decided to finally talk to the girl I've had my eye on (partially. I was originally looking around just in case the thing I was doing with another person fell through, but I ended up going with her instead). Now, I have never really done anything like that before. The closest thing I've had to this was a friend inviting me to his table where a previous crush just had happened to sit, so I don't really count that. I did it all on my own, and fought through with sheer willpower alone.

I mean, it wasn't anything too special (it was during the last 3 minutes of class at the end of the day. Yes, I put it off for 47 minutes.), I just asked her if I could sit next to her and initiated small talk. She seemed happy about it... I've seen her look back at me sometimes, so when she turned as red as I felt talking to her, it made me feel better. I'm really glad I did it, and I really am glad I made a deal with my friend about it. See, my friend has been entrusting me with some of his own relationship problems, so I've been giving him advise. He likes one of his friends, so we made the deal that if I asked this girl out he would ask his friend out. (he made it that way specifically so that he wouldn't have to do it soon because he knew I would have to talk to this girl first. Crafty scoundrel.) Without that little deal and my overwhelmingly strong feelings about showing him up, I don't think I would have done it, and I don't regret any of it.She's super cute, is an astounding flute player, and from my perspective has a perky sort of personality. Which I love in girls.

Given she turned as red as I did, I think I might have something on my hands. I'm not going to jump to conclusions just yet, because that always screws me over, but I'm super excited for what could happen in the future! I'll keep talking to her, and if all goes well you'll probably see me gushing about this a couple months from now xD
Wish me luck! :)

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
So, I decided to finally talk to the girl I've had my eye on (partially. I was originally looking around just in case the thing I was doing with another person fell through, but I ended up going with her instead). Now, I have never really done anything like that before. The closest thing I've had to this was a friend inviting me to his table where a previous crush just had happened to sit, so I don't really count that. I did it all on my own, and fought through with sheer willpower alone.

I mean, it wasn't anything too special (it was during the last 3 minutes of class at the end of the day. Yes, I put it off for 47 minutes.), I just asked her if I could sit next to her and initiated small talk. She seemed happy about it... I've seen her look back at me sometimes, so when she turned as red as I felt talking to her, it made me feel better. I'm really glad I did it, and I really am glad I made a deal with my friend about it. See, my friend has been entrusting me with some of his own relationship problems, so I've been giving him advise. He likes one of his friends, so we made the deal that if I asked this girl out he would ask his friend out. (he made it that way specifically so that he wouldn't have to do it soon because he knew I would have to talk to this girl first. Crafty scoundrel.) Without that little deal and my overwhelmingly strong feelings about showing him up, I don't think I would have done it, and I don't regret any of it.She's super cute, is an astounding flute player, and from my perspective has a perky sort of personality. Which I love in girls.

Given she turned as red as I did, I think I might have something on my hands. I'm not going to jump to conclusions just yet, because that always screws me over, but I'm super excited for what could happen in the future! I'll keep talking to her, and if all goes well you'll probably see me gushing about this a couple months from now xD
Wish me luck! :)
Just don't act like a tool. That's the only advice I could give. ;)

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Just don't act like a tool. That's the only advice I could give. ;)
No problem. I'm not usually like that. Any jerkish thing I say comes more from sarcasm than anything else, and I mean well, not harm. All of my friends know that by now.

Edit 10/24/2016: Wow, no one has posted anything since October 1st. Anyway, I'm taking oboe lessons soon. I'm going to basically devote my life to playing this instrument (if I like it) so I can go from bottom band to top band at my school. And it's going to happen! I have the utmost confidence in myself. My biggest problem is not applying myself, but when I do, I can move mountains. This is one of those times :D When I do, my friend in top band and I are going to try and do a duet. A weird duet considering she plays trumpet and I'll be playing oboe, but hey, it's for fun and in the name of science (and the magic of friendship!).

Last edited:

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
I won a huge Highschool Marching Band Championship (USBands Nationals, Group II Open if you want to google which one it is) this being the first time my school has ever done this. The Trophy we got is more than twice my height so that's pretty awesome.

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
Pokemon sun and moon is coming out on Friday boys!

Edit: YA BOY GUZMA IS ALMOST HERE, JUST 6 MORE HOURS

Last edited:

JFB (JurgaBurgaFlintines)

Smash Apprentice
I have been doing really well in school! Though I don't have those straight-A's, most of my grades are A's with a few B's mixed in.

I've always had a really difficult time doing well in school. It's not like I don't understand anything or that I work really hard, but get nowhere. My problem was that I always lacked motivation, self-discipline and maturity. On top of that, I procrastinated to the very last second and was extremely lazy. And, in the back of my mind, I always heard a voice saying "You can do soo well if you put in the effort". This problem has been around since elementary school, it's just that the consequnces didn't show until high school.

My biggest low in my life was my sophomore year of high school (Just in general, bad time in my life). I took an AP class, two honors classes and a regular class along with a language and a few electives. Now this isn't a tough schedule by any means, but I just couldn't deal with the workload, stress, and pressure I put on myself. The worst was probably my honors English class. Juggling a project, reading a story, studying vocab and something else was to much for me. I could go into lots of detail about how I felt during that period, but suffice to say, I felt very sad and angry at myself.

The good thing is that I got my **** together this year. I took easier classes (Still taking an AP class), but I am overall in a better mindset compared to before. It feels like I am in elementary/middle school with respect to that. I still have things to iron out and I do have to put in lots of effort into just convincing myself to do homework and studying, but I am improving and my grades reflect that.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Wanna see destruction? Here it is in its human form: YOUR BOY GUZMA!

Introductions aside, this week as a whole has been great. I got confirmation on something I was worrying about, Thanksgiving was fun and filling (great to see some of my relatives again), and most importantly: Pokemon Sun and Moon came out last Friday for North America. Blessed be the Lord on this holy day of triumph! I kid you not, this game is now my new favorite. Sorry Hoenn, we've got a new island, and it's name is ALOLA. Once I finished the story, the great emperor Emerald fell from his mighty seat to his great-great-great-great grandson, Moon. He landed on the ground with a mighty THUD as he took his new seat as second place on my favorites list.

Okay, okay, I'll start making sense again. Pokemon Moon is one of the best Pokemon games I've played in years. The art style is upbeat and colorful when it needs to be, the music is sublime (with a few tracks that didn't necessarily strike my fancy, although X and Y was the same way. I can't decide which one is my favorite), each island (Melemele, Poni, Akala, Ula'ula) is designed very well, there are plenty of secrets and easter eggs, the Pokemon designs are absolutely great (with some I like more than others, but none I hate. Although Necrozma looks strange for not being a UB), and everything is just so YES! IMO, this game lived up to the hype it brought and more. Also, I would like to note that
this Pokemon game has a story with CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT. Am I hallucinating, or did that just happen?
My favorite character has got to be Lillie. I won't spoil it for those of you who haven't played it, but did Lillie make the story amazing for anyone else? Speaking of things overtaking other things... have fun at second place Looker. Sorry about that.
Am I over-hyping it? Perhaps. But, come on, IT'S POKEMON. IT DESERVES ALL THE HYPE IT GETS. But in all seriousness, I absolutely recommend this to Pokemon fans and newcomers alike. It's a great game to get into seriously, casually, or otherwise. Great art style, great music, great designs, great everything. I knew this game was going to be good, but this game legitimately lived up to the hype and then some. I will be spending hours more on this game then what's necessary finding the Zygarde cells and cores, shiny hunting, and building my ultimate Pokemon team through training. I enjoyed this game, and I hope everyone else will enjoy it as much as I do.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID

Introductions aside, this week as a whole has been great. I got confirmation on something I was worrying about, Thanksgiving was fun and filling (great to see some of my relatives again), and most importantly: Pokemon Sun and Moon came out last Friday for North America. Blessed be the Lord on this holy day of triumph! I kid you not, this game is now my new favorite. Sorry Hoenn, we've got a new island, and it's name is ALOLA. Once I finished the story, the great emperor Emerald fell from his mighty seat to his great-great-great-great grandson, Moon. He landed on the ground with a mighty THUD as he took his new seat as second place on my favorites list.

Okay, okay, I'll start making sense again. Pokemon Moon is one of the best Pokemon games I've played in years. The art style is upbeat and colorful when it needs to be, the music is sublime (with a few tracks that didn't necessarily strike my fancy, although X and Y was the same way. I can't decide which one is my favorite), each island (Melemele, Poni, Akala, Ula'ula) is designed very well, there are plenty of secrets and easter eggs, the Pokemon designs are absolutely great (with some I like more than others, but none I hate. Although Necrozma looks strange for not being a UB), and everything is just so YES! IMO, this game lived up to the hype it brought and more. Also, I would like to note that My favorite character has got to be Lillie. I won't spoil it for those of you who haven't played it, but did Lillie make the story amazing for anyone else? Speaking of things overtaking other things... have fun at second place Looker. Sorry about that.
Am I over-hyping it? Perhaps. But, come on, IT'S POKEMON. IT DESERVES ALL THE HYPE IT GETS. But in all seriousness, I absolutely recommend this to Pokemon fans and newcomers alike. It's a great game to get into seriously, casually, or otherwise. Great art style, great music, great designs, great everything. I knew this game was going to be good, but this game legitimately lived up to the hype and then some. I will be spending hours more on this game then what's necessary finding the Zygarde cells and cores, shiny hunting, and building my ultimate Pokemon team through training. I enjoyed this game, and I hope everyone else will enjoy it as much as I do.
Plus, if you just want good music, listen to Lillie's amazingly French theme, or the 'Title Defense' theme. They are seriously worth a listen.

EDIT: Oops. Double-post. Sorry. Can an admin delete this? I forgot how O.o

Last edited:

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman

IT'S YA BOY GUZMA

Honestly Guzma is my favorite pokemon villain so far, and I haven't even got to him yet lmao.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Well, I'll be getting a new smartphone this Friday. Actually, it's not necessarily new per se, but it's going to be new to me. After being phoneless for a while, you start to realize how important a phone is.

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
Just finished this semester and passed the class I though I was going to fail in. Now I get to do nothing but relax until February.

Claire Diviner

President
NNID
ClaireDiviner
I got the full version of Super Mario Run as an early Christmas present. I gotta say, for a simple concept, it's a really solid mobile game. If nothing else, it's at least a decent time killer.

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
Christmas is almost here! It's the best time of year, where everybody is nicer, the atmosphere is enchanting, and wonderfully cold weather moves in in troves!
Last Friday when I got off school, I made a round trip as 'The Candyman' and gave all of my friends (including a previous/current crush/friend of mine) candy canes wearing a Santa hat. A nice burst of joy and laughter during the final grueling day of exams. It's what I live for after all.
I also just started watching Your Lie in April last night, and I have to say it is one of the best animes - even shows in general - that I've ever had the pleasure of following. Not to mention the main character, Kosei, is almost exactly me, which makes him very, very relatable. He's a music student, is an introvert to a degree, doesn't have as much confidence as he likes, and is presumably in love with a girl he doesn't believe he has a chance with. He also has black hair, and I have black hair, so I like to think it isn't a coincidence that I found this anime xD It's really changed my outlook on the world, love, and music, and I'm not even HALFWAY through it yet! Now THAT is an amazing show.
If you like drama, classical music, and romance, this show is for you, even if you don't like anime. You'll love it all the same.

Last edited:

LeifEriksson

Smash Journeyman
One more day until winter break, then I can relax and finish my backlog of RPG's to play. I need to finish Pokemon Sun, Persona 3, Xenoblade Chronicles, and Fire Emblem fates. So I'm prepared for the break.

Top Bottom