• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Happy Thread

Pega-pony Princess

Smash Lord
NNID
auraoftwilight
3DS FC
2938-6383-8579
I just woke up and found out that I passed my college algerbra test with a 77 out of 100. Don't know if it was plain luck, the tutor I went to, or my determination to study at least a little, but I'm happy with results. At least its a passing grade. I'm no longer failing the class thanks to that test.

Chainz

Sleepy Chainz
Premium
3DS FC
1075-1816-9029
Finally going back home in a few weeks, not looking forward to the long ass drive tho.

Volga

Juggling Veteran
NNID
Saltytitan
3DS FC
0533-7336-5044
My grades are higher than expected in school. i'm taking 5 classes this semester(which ends in 3 weeks) and 4 of them i have A's in. the 5th one is a low b but i'll take what i can get!

Cd-blade

Smash Rookie
I have one friend I made since switching schools and we're closer than any friend I've ever had. She's great to me -w-

Trieste SP

Smash Champion
Got to meet a lot of my old friends from Korea a couple days ago.

They were surprised that I can still speak Korean after all these years.

Swagmaster

Smash Apprentice
NNID
supersonicbros.2
I just met with my Chemistry professor, and he told me I'm I can exempt my final because I did well enough.
Yes

interpunct

Smash Apprentice
NNID
EliteInterpunct
3DS FC
3110-5751-3360
Christmas is coming and super exited for the holidays. That's good no? :4pacman:

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
In all honesty I struggled at the start of my first semester in college, but somehow managed to pull through. My final grades - while far from being the best - are still passable which is amazing considering my crappy start. I still have two more finals though so I shouldn't leap for joy exactly yet. Still sort of impressed at how far I came. I'm committing myself to never getting anything lower than a B again.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Christmas is here, and I think I might have gotten what I wanted. I only hope it's a good color. ...Does that make me sound spoiled?

Mega-Spider

Smash Ace
NNID
MegaSonic3
3DS FC
4124-5940-2103
This song always puts me in a good mood. :) It helps whenever my depression hits or if I start to contemplate how much of a loser I am.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
New Years is around the corner. This is a big event in Japan and is spent with family. That means my wife and I will be packing up our stuff and our cat to stay at her parents for 5 days. It use to be rather troublesome due to language/culture barriers and they didn't actually like me in previous years but this past year saw a lot of improvement in regards to my in-laws. I think spending two weeks this summer and fixing thier house up helped lol.

But this New Years also means "o-Senchi" which is boxes full of delicious food.

My in-laws tends to go overboard and get enough to last us a few days. So psuedo-free food and beer (we will help contribute a bit) and spending time with our nieces. It should be fun.

BSXDrayden

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BladeSatoshiX
So today I saw one of my closest friends from school again for the first time in 3 years and we hung out for a few hours and caught up.

And somehow the conversation got onto kissing and stuff and I mentioned that I had never kissed anyone so she asked me if I wanted to kiss her as a casual thing so that was how I had my first kiss. :D

Aife

Smash Apprentice
I came to terms with a lot of my issues today. Or really, I realized what the actual issue is that's preventing me from being satisfied and happy; and how much I don't actually care so much about the things I did wrong.

It's a strange feeling; I'm really depressed over what my issue is...But the fact I realized the issue satisfies me, it makes me... "happy" I guess. For now, its a positive, i hope the fixing train can just keep going.

Last edited:

Cool Trainer Ace

Smash Journeyman
NNID
bleechwiiID
New Year, new Smash DLC (Corrin HYPE!), amazing grades, a new crush that may be slightly interested in me, practicing to be the best Cloud main I can be, and finally figured out that gifs go under the 'images' tab (*facepalm*), so I have this neat gif.

I am in a very good mood.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Just finished with a playthrough of Paper Mario for the Nintendo 64. Truly a magnificent game. Now I'm off to play Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door and then Super Paper Mario for the majestic experience that is the Paper Mario series. No Sticker Star though. No no.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Despite how horrible my life became 4 years ago, things have improved immensely, and I'm currently very happy in life. I've gotten closer to the family I still have, I learned to take care of and support myself, I got a job that I really enjoy and both my department head and store manager love having me there, I got to have one of my friends online as a roommate for a while, I've gained the ability to trust people again, and my boyfriend and I have been together 3 years so far. It's an online relationship for now, but starting in the fall semester, he'll be moving nearby. He's also helped me through a lot of my problems in life, and we're pretty much a perfect fit for each other, both in a relationship sense, and even in a good friends sense.

So basically, my life did a complete 180, largely because I refused to stay down. Many of the things that used to bother me no longer affect me either, too.

:059:

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
Today I just tried out Adult Swim games' Pocket Mortys, and I'm already loving it. Gotta catch 'em all.

Lily♫

(✿◠‿◠)
NNID
NheroArconix
3DS FC
5112-3935-5323
I got some self-confidence today by doing something I never would've thought I would have done.
I don't think I've felt this good in a long, long time.

Green Zelda

Smash Journeyman
lol im failing pe again
But my parents are really proud of my other grades! (pretty good a's + 2 high b's)

Shiida

Smash Apprentice
went out to eat with some friends, then we went skating
my legs are really sore but it still feels nice to exercise

ZafKiel

Smash Apprentice
School has been chill lately so I've started to play Undertale. I've never grinned like a fool before when playing a video game.

Frizz

Will Thwack You At 0%
There's heavy snow and rain in my city and nearby ones as well, so school's cancelled for the day.

Kritzkrieg

Smash Cadet
I finally got to the final part of that "I RULE" challenge in Binding of Isaac:A (I still died to the final boss). I'm glad that I actually managed to get there, my past 1000 runs have ended on the 5th floor.

DraconicPsycho

Smash Apprentice
NNID
DraconicPsycho
I used to do online tournaments but completely suck. But tonight I practiced meditation and I got to the Finals in 2 of them! I lost the finals, but I got second place! I'm starting to get good, I think.

FamilyTeam

This strength serves more than me alone.
NNID
MontanaCity
I won my first Smash tournament! It was between friends, yes, but we all have a pretty good notion of competitive play, atleast. I hope this is the first of many.

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
I absolutely wrecked the local best Pichu and JigglyPuff in Melee MMs.

Both had been talking for a while about how crappy Ganon was in Melee and how their respective MUs were obviously more favorable.
I barely even practice or use Ganon, so they were super butthurt. Ganon lapped up their salty warm tears of defeat :ganondorfmelee:

Haze.

not a nice guy
Managed to reach 100+ twitch followers in a week, it's satisfying considering the effort I've been putting in.

Last edited:

Shiida

Smash Apprentice
I got another 3ds (fates edition), birthright and conquest, and enough money for revelations on the 10th

Super excited even tho I couldn't get a special edition

D

Deleted member 269706

Finally getting over this damn head-cold after what felt like forever (about 7 days :p)
But even better news: at my university we have smash weeklies on Thursdays (Sm4sh gets about 40 players, Melee gets about 50-60 on an average week). I'm ranked pretty high in sm4sh at my uni, so some melee player asks me to join his team, and be the Sm4sh rep (as it's more focused on melee). Basically, I put his teams initials (TKO) in front of my name, and he pays for me to enter bigger tourneys around the state.

Ghostly ~

★ Speedrunner ★
NNID
Ghostly2500
3DS FC
0189-9740-2288
I'm starting to like being a speedrunner. And I'm satisfied with my best times.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Smash Related: A few days ago a friend from college and I decided to have a ditto Jigglypuff battle on Halberd in Smash 4. Close to the end of the match we rested each other 3 times in a row with no moves in-between the rests. It was hilarious and glorious <3. :4jigglypuff::4jigglypuff:

Last edited:
Top Bottom