• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Happy Thread

kleinbisnein

Smash Rookie
So I'm a little new to smash. I got smash for 3ds in late may. having picked up Roy from the dlc, I thought I would try out Roy in for glory. Its then that I run into this guy called Austin. we usually stayed around similar damage percents. this isn't that big of a deal for most people, but for me this is huge. whenever I'm on for glory its always one of 3 things: 1) the person is laggy in one form or another. 2) they are exceptionally bad (li'l mac side b off stage bad). 3) significantly better to the point that they 2 stock me. This is probably the first time that I have had an almost 0 lag match with a near equal skill level (he was better than me). Austin I hope you read this so we can set up some private matches because that was great. My 3ds username is Klein and my tag was "f the tier list".

Spennicus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groovysmithy
3DS FC
2750-1131-0443
My first tournament was pretty good. There weren't a whole lot of people there, but it was a decent turnout. The number one ranked player in my province for Melee was there. Things got off to a bit of a shaky start because a couple of my friends couldn't show up and didn't inform me until much later than I'd have liked but after that everything went quite well. Everybody had a good time and I definitely want to do more in the future.

Spennicus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groovysmithy
3DS FC
2750-1131-0443
I just managed to get a kill against my buddy with Ness' Yo-Yo glitch for the first time. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta.

lolazerz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lolazerz
I just managed to get a kill against my buddy with Ness' Yo-Yo glitch for the first time. Damn, it feels good to be a gangsta.
Must feel good to get jank like that to work, I play Roy and the 3 best things about him are
  1. People not knowing what Stages to ban ( LITERALLY everyone says " What do I bad versus a Roy")
  2. Using the counter on a fox or falco shining.
  3. Getting the Side B spike (Krey)

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
Must feel good to get jank like that to work, I play Roy and the 3 best things about him are
  1. People not knowing what Stages to ban ( LITERALLY everyone says " What do I bad versus a Roy")
  2. Using the counter on a fox or falco shining.
  3. Getting the Side B spike (Krey)
4. Getting the Up-Smash spike

HNNNNGGGGGGGGG!! *nosebleeds*

Spennicus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groovysmithy
3DS FC
2750-1131-0443
Things are finally looking good for me in regards to getting a job. Some buddies and I went out today and checked out a whole bunch of different fishplants, and the last place we checked (which happens to be where my parents occasionally work) told us to come in first thing Monday morning with our equipment. I'm pretty hype. The last five or six months have been absolutely miserable, but that's finally coming to an end.

Last edited:

SunDolphin

Smash Rookie
I was able to bond with my brother through smash 64 yesterday. He stopped by my parents house somewhat unexpected to catch up with everyone. We ended up playing smash 64 for around 3 hours, we did a lot of donkey kong dittos and I got to work on my ness a bit too. Bonding with loved ones over a passion (especially when this passion is video games) is one of the few things that keeps me afloat in this crazy ocean of a world.

On non-smash related news. My brother, a friends of ours and I are in the process of trying to get a bbq and hot sauce (soon to expand onto other things) company out there and into the public. We got amazing news today, a manufacturing plant got back to us and are interested in meeting with us to discuss making this happen. Starting September I'll be starting up an actual real deal business. I knew I'd get to this point sometime during my life but I was never expecting it to come to fruition at the age of 21. I will also most likely be moving into my first place on my own on the 22nd of this month. After this nearly 4 year cycle of a crippling depression things are finally seeming to fall into place and I'm starting to feel like myself again. I know this is all a bit personal but I felt like sharing my newfound happiness with the world.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I just got approved for an apartment in the rural town my new job is in so I now know I commute to this job. I've done everything I can on my end for now, just have to wait and see what fate and God has in store for me now.

JayTheUnseen

Smash Champion
I stopped taking the internet so seriously, and it feels good to not be so hung up and tense over who posted what or whether this post got ignored by 'friends.'

Pyra

Aegis vs Goddess
NNID
ToasterBrains
Switch FC
SW 8322 4207 9908
I'm happy that I finally settled on a hobby. Making videos for YouTube is fun. I just need to practice more.
Adobe Premier is also really fun to play with. :4wario:

~Astra

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChainsawPolice
Using the counter on a fox or falco shining.
Oh my god. I'm still newish to Smash and learning new things every day, but ngh... That sounds satisfying.

One of my favourite things about learning the game is finding out how fun counters, reflectors, and pocketing can be.
Finding out that Palutena can reflect villager's bowling ball back onto himself is pretty bonerifc.

I stopped taking the internet so seriously, and it feels good to not be so hung up and tense over who posted what or whether this post got ignored by 'friends.'
Yeah, stuff like that confuses me. I'll see people fighting back and forth, then think about getting involved – only before realising that I'll probably never interact with these people ever again and that my opinion means jack-all lmfao

Last edited:

lolazerz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Lolazerz
Oh my god. I'm still newish to Smash and learning new things every day, but ngh... That sounds satisfying.

One of my favourite things about learning the game is finding out how fun counters, reflectors, and pocketing can be.
Finding out that Palutena can reflect villager's bowling ball back onto himself is pretty bonerifc.
Bruh, I'm talking about counting fox's shine in Melee. Smash 4 I mostly run Falco and reflecting random ass **** is fun as hell

Plunder

Smash Ace
NNID
1337-7734-8008
If you play Melee for the first against someone that is far better than you it can often feel like running into oncoming traffic. Especially if they use Spacies or Falcon :urg:

Last edited:

~Astra

Smash Cadet
NNID
ChainsawPolice
If you play Melee for the first against someone that is far better than you it can often feel like running into oncoming traffic. Especially if they use Spacies or Falcon :urg:
Whenever I see people playing Melee, I immediately get a bit sweaty and terrified.

I tried out Project M yesterday against some local vets, and I got wrecked so hard that my saltiness looped back around to enjoyment. Like, I was in stitches over how badly I lost.

Aaaaaand now I'm playing PM.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
My mom just told me she'll pay for the transportation for my relocation if my cousins won't help me with it. In addition she said that between her and my dad they'll loan me the money to put a deposit down for a car. Even though we didn't have a good relationship when I lived under their house it's great to see they are there for me when it counts

Spennicus

Smash Apprentice
NNID
groovysmithy
3DS FC
2750-1131-0443
I just got a new PB in SM64 16-star. 33:29. I know I can do much better, but I'm satisfied with that for now.

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
Able to get 12 units this semester! It's a miracle because my community college is very congested, and core classes (especially English) are hard as hell to get into.
My English 49 prof last semester is the one teaching my 101 class, and I love her. She's a great professor and she really liked my essays.

Also, my boyfriend is teaching me how to play the Omnichord! I'm so excited :)

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
It's just a good day altogether; I'm starting to fit in to my college, my older brother's visiting here for a week... Yeah, pretty happy about that.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I sort of have something to be happy about

...Of course it's the ONLY thing I have to be happy about

I have FINALLY been awarded my associate's degree

Too bad it isn't much of a useful degree

Cyn

Sith Archivist
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
I sort of have something to be happy about

...Of course it's the ONLY thing I have to be happy about

I have FINALLY been awarded my associate's degree

Too bad it isn't much of a useful degree
Congrats. It isn't completely useless. It proves that you have the drive to finish something. Do you plan on continuing to higher degrees?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Congrats. It isn't completely useless. It proves that you have the drive to finish something. Do you plan on continuing to higher degrees?
I'd like to

Just not sure how yet. Getting a higher degree would cost a lot of money

Kneutronic

Lurker By Nature
3DS FC
2062-9725-8885
Switch FC
SW-1036-7436-7807
Just today me and my ex decided to try again. It's gonna be long distance, though... She's going to college at Las Vegas.

Nona

Power of the Nonado♥
Just today me and my ex decided to try again. It's gonna be long distance, though... She's going to college at Las Vegas.
Best wishes to you and yours, man. Long distance is hard, but whenever you make visiting plans, it'll be one hell of a treat :)

I splurged on a Round Table Wombo Combo pizza. Delicious.
I'm also reading up on Wiccan spirituality. Really interesting. I think I'll hit the bookstore tomorrow and see if I can further my studies. It's been a while since I've wanted to study something outside of class subjects.

Izanagi97

Smash Lord
Switch FC
SW-2051-8893-9128
My terrible out of date modem is going to be replaced soon.

The intense heat is gonna end soon.

My ideas for a gaming rig that has great performance have been renewed

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I have proven to myself that my commute to work is completely doable. That is very reassuring.

Top Bottom