• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Happy Thread

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
2 and a half months later and I finally got plurpush removed from my computer. It feels really good.

Collective of Bears

King of Hug Style
NNID
Gark430
3DS FC
1805-3069-0371
It's my birthday! Turning 21, and my friends have something planned for me. No idea what, but it probably involves video games and copious amounts of alchohol. Should be fun.

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Some friends of mine I haven't spoken to in a while are actually on Skype now, behind a computer (before it was a mobile device that kept signing them in and they weren't really there). I sent them some messages, here's hoping for the best that they reply!

2 and a half months later and I finally got plurpush removed from my computer. It feels really good.
Malware infections are always nasty. My old desktop got the Sasser worm in 2004, it was hell. Glad you got rid of the issue!

Last edited:

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I reconnected with an old crush of mine from high school. I was afraid I'd never get to talk to her again. Its nice.

Platsy

Smash Mouth
NNID
Cyani-Oxide
I'm 3 months into college and I haven't got under a C yet, and I only got 1 of that.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Malware infections are always nasty. My old desktop got the Sasser worm in 2004, it was hell. Glad you got rid of the issue!
Yup and whats more is that my computer moves much faster. Its incredible how much is was slowing me down

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
landed my first honest to goodness big kid job interview as an illustrator o vo / IMSOEXCITED
despite some of the worst days of my life ever the past week, i got to spend time with family and close friends that made it all better
and I'm finally building my first big kid computer so i don't have to use my laptop as my workstation anymore
asked friend for build help and he ended up just having fun and picking out computer parts for me within my budget
the thing is a total monster. I'm so excited. SCARY GOOD COMPUTER HECK YES

and i got to go to Anberlin's last cleveland show ; -- ;
im gonna miss their music. they are great live. sad to see a band like them go

Last edited:

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Chinaux said:
So tonight, I was at the midnight release of Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire. I was just with some friends, and they were there for both ORAS and smash wii u. Being the only one there without a wii u, I was the only one not getting it. Then, later comes this guy who is a streamer for smash and Smite (I believe his name was dbbrandon or something), and he does this thing where he asked everyone a question and whoever gets it right wins. So, he asks what event unlocks Ganondorf in Melee. Nobody guessed it but then I shouted 29,and he said congratulations, you just won yourself smash.

So that's how I got a free copy of smash Wii U without even owning one.
Basically my night tonight. On top of all this I had a great time at the midnight release.

D

Deleted member 269706

I've been smoking more...It's nice to forget about everything for a while...

D

Deleted member 269706

Broke 100 on bench press finally to where I normally can do >100 lbs
Right on man! I broke that just a few weeks ago myself! Was that for a max test or just regular set/reps? If it was reps, what set/rep scheme are you doing?

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Right on man! I broke that just a few weeks ago myself! Was that for a max test or just regular set/reps? If it was reps, what set/rep scheme are you doing?
Regular set. Since I'm trying to bulk, I'm trying to do heavy weight for 4-6 reps. I did 3 of 105 but I guess I'll count that for my 3RM. My 1RM is like 115.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Regular set. Since I'm trying to bulk, I'm trying to do heavy weight for 4-6 reps. I did 3 of 105 but I guess I'll count that for my 3RM. My 1RM is like 115.
Jesus Christ lol.

Are you trying to get bigger or be a powerlifter? 90% 1RM dude wat, usually I don't chime in on people's routines because whatever let them do as they enjoy, but I just hope you don't end up with demolished shoulders before the age of 20.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Jesus Christ lol.

Are you trying to get bigger or be a powerlifter? 90% 1RM dude wat, usually I don't chime in on people's routines because whatever let them do as they enjoy, but I just hope you don't end up with demolished shoulders before the age of 20.
Just bigger.
I've been going on /fit/ a ton, so probably taking a powerlifter route :/

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Just bigger.
I've been going on /fit/ a ton, so probably taking a powerlifter route :/
The thing about powerlifters is that they're as muscular as you'd think. They're obviously extremely powerful and obviously have a lot of muscle, but strength is also largely tied to the output of your central nervous system. If a powerlifter cut all that far away, you'd generally be left with a more compact frame than a bodybuilder.

Anyway all I'm saying is lifting like a powerlifter gets you much stronger not bigger, you're best off going for some more reps at a lower % of your 1RM (like around 70), with a lot of emphasis of the negative phase of the rep.

Again do what you want and what you like, I don't like to be that douchebag advice guy, but it's just the 90% thing all the time kinda worries me, and you seem cool and all so idunno, would rather you didn't post in here about your shoulders being ripped to shreds. If you're gonna keep benching super heavy because you want to, look into some rotator cuff warmup and general exercises. You'll appreciate it in the long run.

Also try some dumbbell presses (definitely don't go super heavy on these) just to make sure your supporting groups keep up.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
The thing about powerlifters is that they're as muscular as you'd think. They're obviously extremely powerful and obviously have a lot of muscle, but strength is also largely tied to the output of your central nervous system. If a powerlifter cut all that far away, you'd generally be left with a more compact frame than a bodybuilder.

Anyway all I'm saying is lifting like a powerlifter gets you much stronger not bigger, you're best off going for some more reps at a lower % of your 1RM (like around 70), with a lot of emphasis of the negative phase of the rep.

Again do what you want and what you like, I don't like to be that douchebag advice guy, but it's just the 90% thing all the time kinda worries me, and you seem cool and all so idunno, would rather you didn't post in here about your shoulders being ripped to shreds. If you're gonna keep benching super heavy because you want to, look into some rotator cuff warmup and general exercises. You'll appreciate it in the long run.

Also try some dumbbell presses (definitely don't go super heavy on these) just to make sure your supporting groups keep up.
Thanks for the tips, man. I am doing around 70% for RM, I don't like to lift too heavy because I usually won't be able to do it.

I'm also switching up my routine in a week so I'll probably do more reps in my lifts instead of weights.

Teran

Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Just focus on quality reps and make sure to eat lots of good food (but don't be super lame and eat no junk, we gotta live a little while we still can)

Last edited:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
so worth tho

im happy because computer part finding is going great. sales are beginning so my expensive system dropped like...100$ in 12 hours
still a bunch, but ty based sales and ty part picker for mapping said sales

D

Deleted member 269706

Tried indica for the first time.
Also found out a friend likes me.
Coming to terms with the things I can't change.
Only 3 weeks left of this semester.

Lots to look forward to.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Tried indica for the first time.
Also found out a friend likes me.
Coming to terms with the things I can't change.
Only 3 weeks left of this semester.

Lots to look forward to.
Sounds like euphoria ;)
Are you a Junior or a Senior?

D

Deleted member 269706

Sounds like euphoria ;)
Are you a Junior or a Senior?
The Indica definitely emulated a euphoria :p Haha, nah, things are going pretty well, it's nice for a change. And I'm a senior, yourself?

Chinaux

Smash Ace
The Indica definitely emulated a euphoria :p Haha, nah, things are going pretty well, it's nice for a change. And I'm a senior, yourself?
Junior.

Downside of wii u buy: long as f update time. Seriously man, am I downloading a new console too?

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
I got up at 8:30 (an hour later than I was hoping) this morning, after only three hours of sleep to drive into town to grab a prepaid debit card for a sale that was supposed to have ended yesterday. But! I got back before the sale actually ended and managed to get my mom the one thing she's wanted for Christmas.

I am a good person. Also a cold person because it's like 20 degrees out there and I just ran out of the house in shorts and a t-shirt.

Chinaux

Smash Ace
Wore a tank while lifting on accident (i dont do it because it's kinda douchey) but I looked in the mirror and I look a lot better physically than i did a while ago. Great to see some sort of progress.

Also got some digits from a qt3.14 grill
though she's kinda weird
don't really know how to think of it though

Last edited:

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
Final computer parts (sans monitor...i have a temp monitor tho) arrive TOMORROW and I just found out my boss is letting me go next week

sounds bad
but is actually good
was gonna quit the 11th, but would have to stay on if we didnt find a replacement for me.
well, im training our new waitress this week. I GET TO QUIT THE 11TH. Im so happy. i can focus on art! I CAN CATCH UP ON COMMISSIONS FINALLY

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I finally got a smart phone :D . Im really liking it.

BerryBomber

Smash Journeyman
NNID
BerryBomber
Thanksgiving weekend was a blast! After our Thanksgiving festivies me and my 2 cousins tried for 2 or 3 hours trying a 3 vs 5 lvl 9 CPU match. After failing team after team what ended up getting us the win was spamming Kirby Stone, lol!

Next day some mates came over to try the new game out! Was pretty awesome! 2 of em had to leave at 11:30pm but my friend Chris stayed up with me to 4:00am! lmao :p

Chronodiver Lokii

Chaotic Stupid
BRoomer
bf and i somehow assembled my computer correctly (i don't know how we did that but it happened)
monitor arrives today
did a test boot on the OS yesterday
gonna wipe that clean and restart everything once i get my monitor (i have been using my TV as a temporary monitor lol)

edit: everything is set
league runs at 200+ fps
my monitor is new and shiny and i love it

holy crap this machine is a beast wooooooow worth every penny

Last edited:

Heroine of Winds

Smash Ace
Had a good time playing some Smash with my older brother & his best friend earlier. Made even better that my brother bought me a Yoshi controller at GameStop while he was out. It was a day that at first got bad, but got better later on. :)

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
I busted my rear to improve my grades further than they already were and wow did I see results.

:happysheep:

Top Bottom