• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Hall of Fame - Greninja Tournament Results

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon

Surprisingly I don't think any of the other Pokémon boards have used this name. If they have, there's a backup plan anyway.

Anyway, tournament results. This is something I often hear Greninja doesn't have many of, so I figured we could start cataloguing the results we do have.

For results you want to submit, I only ask you to provide:

1. An username
  2. A link to the bracket/results thread
  3. The number of entrants
  4. Your placing
  5. Any other characters you might have used
  6. Videos if there's any,
I often don't keep track of tournaments myself so yeah, you guys gimme those results.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
Added to Directory.

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
Not my result but a very important one to have in this thread.

Some
Umebura 19
190 entrants
5th

Big Japanese national. Greninja's first top 8 Japanese placing since the 1.0.4 nerfs. Some got 5th in a top 8 saturated with Sheik and Diddy. Great result.

Coffee™

I need it....
I play against Gadiel a good bit at tournaments. He's got some solid Greninja experience under his belt.
Yea he told me afterwards. Inexperience cost me here imo. I won first game pretty handily on T&C. 2nd game he took me to Battlefield and I learned that game. Greninja vs Rosa on platform stages is a pain in the ass.
3rd game was close until Rosa killed me at 18 with Uair.

:129:

I never practice against Rosas though. Gotta work on that matchup.

Last edited:

Doom Bot

Smash Rookie
NNID
doombot10
3DS FC
4399-0002-4574
Yea he told me afterwards. Inexperience cost me here imo. I won first game pretty handily on T&C. 2nd game he took me to Battlefield and I learned that game. Greninja vs Rosa on platform stages is a pain in the ***.
3rd game was close until Rosa killed me at 18 with Uair.

:129:

I never practice against Rosas though. Gotta work on that matchup.

Haha, trust me. I also learned the hard way with Rosa vs. Greninja on her ridiculous up-airs and fighting her on platform stages. I usually ban Dream Land and Battlefield against really good Rosalina's.

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
Haha, trust me. I also learned the hard way with Rosa vs. Greninja on her ridiculous up-airs and fighting her on platform stages. I usually ban Dream Land and Battlefield against really good Rosalina's.
When against Rosa play a Defensive Greninja worked for me

Funkermonster

The Clown
NNID
Funkermonster
3DS FC
3308-4834-0412
1. Funkermonster
2. http://challonge.com/Smash4Singles9_15/standings
3. 58 entrants
4. Placing: 7th (tied with another)
5. :4megaman:.. Also used Pit and Rosalina, but only one time for each of them and I was basically sandbagging

Got destroyed by a :4sheik: and I've finally felt the wrath of this character today (I dodn't play against many Sheiks prior to this tournament). I met the guy yesterday in a crew battle & during friendlies and he bodied me, and when I found out I was playing him in bracket my mind said to me "You're dead", and dead I was indeed, that loss was so discouraging that I almost had my soul wrecked. Later on in loser's I was pitted against him AGAIN and my soul was wrecked again, though I did manage to take at least one game off of him when I switched to Rosalina. Dealing with Sheik's Fair, Bouncing Fish, and those Needles was so annoying its painful. I'm officially going to learn Rosalina better now, can't stand fighting her with Mega Man or Greninja.

bc1910

Smash Lord
NNID
bc1910
3DS FC
1478-6611-0182
Yesterday, Some got 16th at Umebura F.A.T., a huge japanese national. No secondaries I know of. I'm on mobile but if anyone could find the bracket link (it's on reddit) and entrant size that'd be great. I expect entrant size was well over 200.

Some also got 1st in SHI-G's most recent Wifi tourney on 5th September. About 31 entrants. Matches and bracket links on YouTube. He beat Dee (top Pacman, regarded by a few people as better than Abadango) in two sets in Grands to take the tournament having lost to Dee in Winners.

Also @istudying you should report your 1st at that recent Netherlands tournament!

DD_

Smash Journeyman
Yesterday, Some got 16th at Umebura F.A.T., a huge japanese national. No secondaries I know of. I'm on mobile but if anyone could find the bracket link (it's on reddit) and entrant size that'd be great. I expect entrant size was well over 200.
@istudying you should report your 1st at that recent Netherlands tournament!
Some pulled out Sonic but I believe that was only for Doubles. Entrants was around ~300 according to the mods in the Twitch chat.

He just missed playing on the stream though :(

Space thing

Smash Apprentice
Last edited:
Top Bottom