• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The gutsiest keeper in the universe, Endou Mamoru (Mark Evans), enters the arena!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero

Endou Mamoru
Endou Mamoru (known as Mark Evans in the U.S.) is the main protagonist of the Inazuma Eleven series. He is the goalkeeper and captain of Raimon.

Inazuma Eleven is a role-playing sports video game for the Nintendo DS developed and published by Level-5. It was released on August 22, 2008 in Japan.
A European release was confirmed by Nintendo and was released on January 29, 2011, three years after the Japanese release. The UK release was held back to 26 August, 2011 for marketing reasons.
Since the game's launch, it has received two sequels for the Nintendo DS; Inazuma Eleven: Firestorm / Blizzard and Inazuma Eleven 3: Sekai e no Chousen, as well as three spin-offs for the Wii; Inazuma Eleven Strikers , Inazuma Eleven Strikers 2012 Xtreme and Inazuma Eleven GO Strikers 2013 . The third sequel to the main series, which takes place 10 years after the events of the third game, Inazuma Eleven GO, is available on the Nintendo 3DS.

Inazuma Eleven is very popular in Japan and its popularity is spreading over the world like wildfire.

Moveset(s)
By Z1GMA:
B: God Hand (God Hand)

This attack is about as fast as the Falcon Punch but has slightly more horizontal range.
It's weaker than the Falcon Punch, but to make up for it, it has Grab Properties.
Endou pulls his hand back for a split second only to shove it forward, summoning a Mario-big, yellow/orange, holograpich palm infront of him.
The opponent is grabbed and squeezed for 28% before flung away and slighty up with med/high knockback, killing at around 100%.

>B: Seigi no Tekken (Fist of Justice)

Similar to Marth's Shield Breaker, Endou starts charging his fist while striking the pose in the vid above.
Once you release the button, or max charge it, Endou will release the mighty Fist of Justice straight forward in a drilling-motion.
It's a big holographic, yellow/orange fist.
The longer you charge it the bigger it becomes and the longer it travels before Endou pulls it back in again.
A max charge results in a fist slightly bigger than Electrode and with a range of Samus' Brawl Zair.
The max charge multi-hits your opponents for a maximum of 18% with the last hit killing at around 90%.
Uncharged, the fist is slightly smaller than Jigglypuff and travels the range of Dedede's Ftilt, multi-hitting for a maximum of 7% damage with the last hit pretty much never killing.
Knockback Direction is up and away.

vB: Ijigen The Hand (Dimensional Hand)

Similar to Ike's Erruption, Endou starts charging this attack by raising one of his fists straight up.
Once you release the button, or reach the max charge, he will punch the ground and create a yellow/orange Energy Dome around himself that lasts for about one second.
The longer you charge, the bigger and more damage-dealing the dome will be.
Fully charged, its radius is slightly shorter than the range of Dedede's Ftilt, multi-hitting the opponents for a maximum of 14% with the last hit killing at around 160%.
Uncharged, its radius is about the range of Mario's Ftilt, single-hitting the opponent for 4% and pretty much never kills.
Knockback Direction is straight up.
This attack can also reflect projectiles.

^B: Ikari no Tettsui (Hammer of Wrath)

Endou jumps up and forward, with a bit less vertical height but a bit more horizontinal length the Dedede's Up+b.
When he lands on the ground, he crashes down his fist infront of him. His fist is surrounded in a Jigglypuff-big, yellow/orange, holographic fist.
While hard to land on an opponent, it does 25% damage and sends the opponent straight down, killing at around 80%.
If Endou hits an opponent during the animation before the Hammer Blow, the opponent suffers a weak hit of 5% damage with little knockback up and away.

Final Smash: God Catch (God Catch)

Endou summons a Giga Bowser-big, yellow demon that slams its big palms together infront of itself.
The hitbox of the clap has a diameter that is a bit bigger than Electrode's Explosion and the hitbox is active for almost a second.
It does 35% damage and kills at around 50%, sending ppl up and away.

Stage

Welcome to the Sky Arena.
As smashers duke it out, the Soccer Players in the ongoing matches in the background occasionally miss their target when firing off their powerful Hissatsu Shots, thus making their shot zap through the Main Pitch.
There are many different Hissatsu Shots that can come your way, so watch out!
The stage looks a bit big here, but it is supposed to be just slightly bigger than Final Destination.
It concists of one big Main Platform and two small passable ones (the bars).
If items are turned ON and a Soccer Ball appears, the ball's design will look like an Inazuma Ball and you'll fire off a random Hissatsu Shot when you hit the ball hard enough.

Music

Support Icon(s):
By Z1GMA:

By Kikwi-Kiwi:

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I was planning to make this thread myself. But I thought it was a bit redundant with me already having made the Professor Layton thread. Mark is cool. But if we can only have one Level-5 character. I'd rather it would be Layton.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I was planning to make this thread myself. But I thought it was a bit redundant with me already having made the Professor Layton thread. Mark is cool. But if we can only have one Level-5 character. I'd rather it would be Layton.
Feel free to contribute as much as you like, bro.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
I guess I might try giving Mark a potential move set sometime. I've played the games so I know what he's capable of.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Hey, I made the sig like you asked. Hope you like it.

I wasn't sure wether you wanted the English name or the Japanese so I did both.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
B: God Hand (God Hand)

This attack is about as fast as the Falcon Punch but has slightly more horizontal range.
It's weaker than the Falcon Punch, but to make up for it, it has Grab Properties.
Endou pulls his hand back for a split second only to shove it forward, summoning a Mario-big, yellow/orange, holograpich palm infront of him.
The opponent is grabbed and squeezed for 28% before flung away and slighty up with med/high knockback, killing at around 100%.

>B: Seigi no Tekken (Fist of Justice)

Similar to Marth's Shield Breaker, Endou starts charging his fist while striking the pose in the vid above.
Once you release the button, or max charge it, Endou will release the mighty Fist of Justice straight forward in a drilling-motion.
It's a big holographic, yellow/orange fist.
The longer you charge it the bigger it becomes and the longer it travels before Endou pulls it back in again.
A max charge results in a fist slightly bigger than Electrode and with a range of Samus' Brawl Zair.
The max charge multi-hits your opponents for a maximum of 18% with the last hit killing at around 90%.
Uncharged, the fist is slightly smaller than Jigglypuff and travels the range of Dedede's Ftilt, multi-hitting for a maximum of 7% damage with the last hit pretty much never killing.
Knockback Direction is up and away.

vB: Ijigen The Hand (Dimensional Hand)

Similar to Ike's Erruption, Endou starts charging this attack by raising one of his fists straight up.
Once you release the button, or reach the max charge, he will punch the ground and create a yellow/orange Energy Dome around himself that lasts for about one second.
The longer you charge, the bigger and more damage-dealing the dome will be.
Fully charged, its radius is slightly shorter than the range of Dedede's Ftilt, multi-hitting the opponents for a maximum of 14% with the last hit killing at around 160%.
Uncharged, its radius is about the range of Mario's Ftilt, single-hitting the opponent for 4% and pretty much never kills.
Knockback Direction is straight up.
This attack can also reflect projectiles.

^B: Ikari no Tettsui (Hammer of Wrath)

Endou jumps up and forward, with a bit less vertical height but a bit more horizontinal length the Dedede's Up+b.
When he lands on the ground, he crashes down his fist infront of him. His fist is surrounded in a Jigglypuff-big, yellow/orange, holographic fist.
While hard to land on an opponent, it does 25% damage and sends the opponent straight down, killing at around 80%.
If Endou hits an opponent during the animation before the Hammer Blow, the opponent suffers a weak hit of 5% damage with little knockback up and away.

Final Smash: God Catch (God Catch)

Endou summons a Giga Bowser-big, yellow demon that slams its big palms together infront of itself.
The hitbox of the clap has a diameter that is a bit bigger than Electrode's Explosion and the hitbox is active for almost a second.
It does 35% damage and kills at around 50%, sending ppl up and away.

Falcos_feather

Smash Apprentice
Seems Inazuma isn't as popular here around as in Japan.
But since Sakurai care for the Japan fanbase mostly, Endou might have a decent chance.

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Seems Inazuma isn't as popular here around as in Japan.
But since Sakurai care for the Japan fanbase mostly, Endou might have a decent chance.
That's because this site is mostly based in America and the Inazuma eleven series was never released over there. I guess you can call Mark/Endou, Europe's Ness.

The series is fairly obscure in America after all, but I'm fairly certain a few European members are at least a little familiar with the series...

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
I've heard about this series and seen many of the games on sale here in Portugal and in Spain as well. The anime broadcasts in Spanish television, so it could be a testimony of the series' popularity in Europe.

It is entirely justified that this series is obscure in North America since football (or soccer for the Americans) isn't popular there as it is in Europe. Level-5 probably won't risk releasing the games there.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Ok, Inazuma Fans.
What's your favourite Shot/Dribble/Defense/Save Hissatsus?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I can support him. I really enjoyed watching the anime, but I've not played the games (I didn't even know that they existed before this thread. :3)

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
I can support him. I really enjoyed watching the anime, but I've not played the games (I didn't even know that they existed before this thread. :3)
Bro. I started with the anime - thought it was awesome.
Went on and bought Inazuma Strikers for Wii - thought it was fun and cool, but it kinda lacked in depth and strategy.

Never really gave the DS Games a chance until I found one (Inazuma Eleven 2: Firestorm) at a low price a couple weeks ago, and wow.
It certainly is a great game. I love it.

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
Shot: Eternal Blizzard (Gotta love how Fubiki poses)
Dribble: Dance of the Wind God (Get *****)
Def: Land of Ice (Snow Angel is meh)
Save: Worm Hole (Badass)

Ye, bro. Fubiki's theme is sick. He's my favourite character in the series.
Another sick song that isn't included in the OP is this one:

WonderSmash

Smash Apprentice
I do enjoy the 3DS version i downloaded. He might not have high chances but I would play as him. And Axel. And Kevin. And Jack.

Toastie

Smash Rookie
I'm pleased to see someone made a thread for Mark Evans, even if it isn't that popular. Strangely, the specials in the original post's moveset are the exact ones I'd envisioned for Mark, down to the corresponding direction. He really does suit Smash, his moveset seems to make itself!

As for chances, they're obviously very low. The only way I can see him getting in is if Nintendo give Professor Layton and Inazuma Eleven special treatment as honourary 1st party franchies, as every core title in each series has been exclusive to Nintendo systems and Nintendo publish them outside of Japan. However, Layton would certainly have priority over Mark. Nevertheless, Inazuma Eleven is very popular in Japan, and it would be a great way of raising awareness of the series, so I'd be delighted if, by some miracle, he got in.

Also, if he got in, there should definitely be an Arion Sherwind assist trophy!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom