• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The GTX discussion thread

R3D3MON

Smash Journeyman
NNID
KeeHwang2010
Darkshad fights Ramin for a top 8 winner's side spot.
If he's successful then we'll only one person from last season's top ten in winner's side, if Salem loses (but he's pretty much top ten now so it's about the same).
When was the last time we had something like this happen.
Every tournament

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
Darkshad fights Ramin for a top 8 winner's side spot.
If he's successful then we'll only one person from last season's top ten in winner's side, if Salem loses (but he's pretty much top ten now so it's about the same).
When was the last time we had something like this happen.
Civil War.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Weird bracket...I think Elegant has a decent chance if he beats Samsora (who has been on fire though so I kind of think Samsora will win)

But then he'll get trampled by Larry I think.

Here's hoping.

TDK

Smash Master
NNID
GrayCN
ZeRo vs Salem for 9th, winner plays Nairo

ZeRo's losers bracket has been insane

3-0 Z :4pikachu:
3-0 Captain Zack :4bayonetta2:
3-1 Tweek :4cloud2:
3-0 Raitio :4duckhunt:

into Salem

NNID
User7a1
Elegant :4luigi: 3-0 Samsora :4peach:
We have a Luigi in top 8 winner's side.
(Also, I come back to find out a lot of upset mayhem has happened.)

Last edited:

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
I wish the damn gym wifi didn't stop cutting out while watching in between sets...

Let's go Elegant!

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Weird bracket...I think Elegant has a decent chance if he beats Samsora (who has been on fire though so I kind of think Samsora will win)

But then he'll get trampled by Larry I think.

Here's hoping.
trampled by larry? Larry fights CDK.
So winners top 8 is either Darkshad or Mr r vs Mkleo (who at one point did have a bit of a ryu problem....)
and anti vs elegant.
I really, really, really want to see Darkshad make top 8.

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
trampled by larry? Larry fights CDK.
So winners top 8 is either Darkshad or Mr r vs Mkleo (who at one point did have a bit of a ryu problem....)
and anti vs elegant.
I really, really, really want to see Darkshad make top 8.
I mean, depending on Elegant's progress they would meet eventually. The worst beating I saw Elegant take so far was from Lurr so that's why I have those thoughts ruminating.

I think Mr.R might take this though, Lurr second, rest is a toss up imo.

The-Technique

Smash Ace
NNID
luckysharm
Darkshad 2-1 on Mr.R right now, this has been one of Ryu's best showings so far this year

edit: woops,, just as i say that Mr R turns up his game and wins game 5

Last edited:

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Tbh, unless Mr R pulls out something no one saw coming, this looks like a clean trip to grands for leo. Of course, that old ryu problem couldcome back and haunt him with Shad too, so who knows.
aaaand it's a game 5 situation.

The-Technique

Smash Ace
NNID
luckysharm
Zero finally gets his revenge on Salem, all Bayos are out of the tournament.

seriously though when is the bayo-pocalypse going to happen

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
not sure what bothered twitch chat more, the commentators using the word conversions as much as possible/the phrases they use, or the guy yelling in the background (which actually was pretty annoying.....)

The-Technique

Smash Ace
NNID
luckysharm
not sure what bothered twitch chat more, the commentators using the word conversions as much as possible/the phrases they use, or the guy yelling in the background (which actually was pretty annoying.....)
im surprised someone can yell for hours on end without losing his voice

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
im surprised someone can yell for hours on end without losing his voice
wasn't really hours, just....hearing someone yell "let's go salem" or soemthign along the lines of "AAAAAAAAAAA" for a whole set.......was kinda annoying.
Also nothing against the commentators, they're doing great, just a lil repetitive.
Also they said called Suzaku Temple and said dittos are euphoric. On Stream. I like these guys.

edit
SHAD DID IT! 3-1 NAIRO!!!!!
LEZ GO!
Gonna put down top 8 predictions in a few minutes

Last edited:

Ilikebugs

Smash Cadet
Day is annoying, Elegant or Anti in WF is hype tho, was waiting for a strong supermajor performance from them.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
alright, predictions from me:
MKLeo > Mr R
Elegant > ANTi
Larry Lurr > Samsora
ZeRo > Darkshad
MKLeo > Elegant
ZeRo > ANTi
Larry Lurr > Mr R
Larry Lurr > ZeRo
Larry Lurr > Elegant
Larry Lurr > MKLeo
Larry Lurr wins.

Really tough fights to decide here. But safe to say this bracket is hell for ZeRo. Elegant is the only one who hasn't beaten him, and he could give ZeRo a run for his money. Darkshad's presence really complicates things, he's been doing really well, went to game 5 with Mr R, and Larry and Leo have Ryu problems, especially Larry. Larry also hasDK he can use for Mr R. Plus ANTi and Elegant being huge wildcards.......this is more or less what I want to happen (except I want shad to double eliminate zero), but this is my best guess on how things could work out, with some favoritism towards Larry Lurr added on.
Also it was said Zenyou gives Elegant trouble, but it also gives him exp. which he used to beat ally, and which i believe he can use to beat ANTi.

Laken64

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0920-0523-8094
Also it was said Zenyou gives Elegant trouble, but it also gives him exp. which he used to beat ally, and which i believe he can use to beat ANTi.
Anti could also use :4cloud2: or:4zss:. Personally I think :4zss: would be a good pick for anti to use considering Elegant beat Ally and has more mario mu knowledge than Anti has Weegee mu knowlege, :4cloud2: sounds good but Elegant has taken Leo to game 5 before so I'd say ZSS with her speed and agility would be favorable for anti and his ZSS has been looking very clean as of late.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Anti could also use :4cloud2: or:4zss:. Personally I think :4zss: would be a good pick for anti to use considering Elegant beat Ally and has more mario mu knowledge than Anti has Weegee mu knowlege, :4cloud2: sounds good but Elegant has taken Leo to game 5 before so I'd say ZSS with her speed and agility would be favorable for anti and his ZSS has been looking very clean as of late.
yeah zss would be the best bet, but I still think Elegant can do it.

Finh009

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Finh009
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this the first S-Tier event this year with no :4bayonetta: in top 8?

Last edited:

Nemesis561

Smash Apprentice
alright, predictions from me:
MKLeo > Mr R
Elegant > ANTi
Larry Lurr > Samsora
ZeRo > Darkshad
MKLeo > Elegant
ZeRo > ANTi
Larry Lurr > Mr R
Larry Lurr > ZeRo
Larry Lurr > Elegant
Larry Lurr > MKLeo
Larry Lurr wins.

Really tough fights to decide here. But safe to say this bracket is hell for ZeRo. Elegant is the only one who hasn't beaten him, and he could give ZeRo a run for his money. Darkshad's presence really complicates things, he's been doing really well, went to game 5 with Mr R, and Larry and Leo have Ryu problems, especially Larry. Larry also hasDK he can use for Mr R. Plus ANTi and Elegant being huge wildcards.......this is more or less what I want to happen (except I want shad to double eliminate zero), but this is my best guess on how things could work out, with some favoritism towards Larry Lurr added on.
I will bet so much his doesn’t happen

NINTENDO Galaxy

Smash Ace
NNID
NINTEN_Galaxy
3DS FC
2836-0624-6177
Switch FC
SW 0903-5888-6097
Smash 4 opening ceremony should be starting sooon according to Bear's twitter. I'm excited to see the league of legends drums.

The-Technique

Smash Ace
NNID
luckysharm
Mr. R's Roy didn't look that bad against Larry honestly, he just made a few errors that lead to him missing KO opportunities

POOR | Mr. R double 3-0'd

Last edited:

Yonder

NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Holy crap Elegant...... that was brutal lol

Elegant:4luigi:3-0 Anti:4cloud::4zss:
How did I miss this?!? Wow...

Then again, I'd be scared to pull off a Cloud vs Elegant Luigi due to dying at like, 0 offstage.

Lord Dio

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1435-7744-1699
Out of curiosity, have Elegant and Larry played before, if so what's the set coutn between them?

|RK|

Smash Marketer
I think he slotted himself into the high tier after this tourney. He was getting close to 70% off grabs and killing at 20 offstage alone.

Hype!
Lmao, I remember ZeRo's last tier list, he said he thinks Luigi is bottom of top tier. And he asked how Elegant felt about that, and he agreed.

G. Stache

Smash Journeyman
Holy ****, I don't even know what to say. Elegant is godlike and after watching Elegant consistently taking on Clouds and winning, I find it increasingly hard to say Cloud straight up beats Luigi.

Top Bottom