• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Great Yoshi Ditto Extravaganza

Status
Not open for further replies.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Or you can run a Swiss bracket
I considered that, but setting it up is a little more complicated than I'm comfortable with since I'm a noob.

@ RaptorTEC RaptorTEC That's a lot of matches per week, lol. I was considering doing 3 matches per week, but 5 is a lot and I want to make sure people actually play all their matches. @_@

@ Meta_Yoshi Meta_Yoshi Don't worry, I'll update it now! I had midterms and I was sick and I was a little lazy. But I'm better now!

Edit: I have just now updated the registration list. That should be everyone who's expressed interest thus far. If you wanted in and I failed to put you up there, remind me!

Last edited:

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Part of the reason im not really liking smash 4 Yoshi much is because my dumb fair things don't work anymore :( Along with a lot of other baits. Rip

Edit: Also, delta you should keep it round robin and have everyone play everyone. Theres 16 entrants so that's 15 matches per player. You can set a time and make a Skype group with all the entrants, and then when it's time, have 5 matches played out on that day. Next week would be the same thing and the week after that would be the last round robin matches. Then you can do your bracket. Just a suggestion lol.

Edit Edit: If @~Firefly~ enters this and he tries to pick red Yoshi I will be a barbarian about it :awesome:
Y'all don't even know about red Yoshi.

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
Wow we've nearly reached 30 participants, good showing so far guys!
Also, I'm curious as to why it's 3 stock instead of 2. It's not a problem, just most places use 2 so I had to ask.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Because most places used 2 cause of APEX. Just like how nobody wanted to use customs early on because apex didn't allow them.
APEX ruling people just like brawl days.

3 stocks > 2 stocks

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
I put a joke reason in there in my initial draft, something like "Our true leader should be able to best his opponents not just twice, but thrice per game", but I didn't want to make a jokey statement on a topic that is debated by lots of people.

Basically, while I see 2 stock as satisfactory for viewership and time reasons, we don't really have that problem here, given it's a Wifi tournament that's being planned for 4 weeks in duration (wowza, that's a long time!). Therefore, the more stocks the merrier, really.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Double Post for time stamp.

If you're posting after this for registration, you're late and I can't let you into the event! Sorry for anyone who was super last minute about this!

I'll also be updating the rules, since I seem to have forgotten to mention time outs (how uncharacteristic of me!). The time out procedures will be standard, though, so don't really worry about some new fangled rules messing with your chances at glory.

But honestly, would our leader run away and wait for the clock to decide the victor? I THINK NOT!

Expect lists of matches to be up by NOON ON SUNDAY (Central Time USA) at the latest!

Last edited:

Scatz

Smash Champion
But the old leader attempted to run away and time out even when losing!

Nikes

Smash Lord
NNID
AussieYoshi
It's happening...the outcome of this will either make or break me.

How are everyone's wins/losses going to be recorded or kept track of, will we have a publicly visible online table or something like that?

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Rules Update
  • In the event a game goes to time, winner of the game will be decided by whoever has the most stocks at the end. This should line up with the results screen.
    • In the event stocks are tied, the winner will be the player with the lower percent at the end of the game.
      • In the event stocks AND percent are tied, a 1 stock 3 minute rematch will be played to decide the winner of the game.
__________________________________________________________________________________________________​

Now, for the moment you've been waiting for. The release of the schedule. Things to keep in mind:

1. I expect the set of matches each person has to be done by NEXT SUNDAY AT NOON (12:00pm) Central Time (USA).
    • I'm willing to be lenient as long as players are generally good about getting MOST of the matches done on time, and as long as all parties of unfinished matches are within contact with each other. If you can't be contacted, you're in trouble.
  2. In general, I tried to get everyone to have the same amount of matches per wave. Naturally, the process isn't perfect. This first wave should be fine, but there are a few weird cases in later waves that I'm aware of, and scheduling for the individuals affected will be lenient.
  3. @Jei Jei is overseas until March 1st. I have scheduled the player's matches around this fact, so don't fret about not getting matches with him in on time. He'll just be playing catch up really hard. =P
  4. 3DS competitors - I haven't forgotten you! Since there are only 5 of you, I've decided that you all will complete a full Round Robin each week, and the 3DS champion can go to whoever had the best record over the 4 week time period that the WiiU event will be going on during!
  5. Report your results to me. I will also be uploading a Google Doc where you can also put your scores (tomorrow, I'm sleepy). If you don't know how to input the scores, I'd be glad to do it for you. Even if you upload your own score, I want them reported to me.
  6. Seeding was done through random.org. So no johns!
  7. To be clear (since the post isn't as neat as I'd have liked), your matches are the ones in the spoiler tag IMMEDIATELY BENEATH YOUR NAME.
Okay, here goes:

The Great Yoshi Ditto Extravaganza: Wave 1
@ Delta-cod Delta-cod

• beethedesigner
  • GSM_Dren
  • Nikes
  • Egg.
  • Jei Jei
  • DustinxD

@ Sinister Slush Sinister Slush

• Jerry W
  • Shadó Chimera / シャドーキメラ
  • DustinxD
  • Scarlet Jile

@ Nikes Nikes

• Jei Jei
  • Delta-cod
  • DustinxD
  • Slice~
  • 1hipG33K

@Regralht

• 1hipG33K
  • Cook Kirby
  • Scarlet Jile
  • Slice~
  • RaptorTEC

@ Egg. Egg.

• Delta-cod
  • beethedesigner
  • Slice~
  • BSME/misc
  • DunkinDino
  • Shadow_I)ragoon

@Shadó Chimera / シャドーキメラ

• Regralht
  • Nikes
  • Sinister Slush
  • RaptorTEC
  • 1hipG33K
  • Cook Kirby

@Cook Kirby

• Regralht
  • Professor Oats
  • GSM_Dren
  • Scarlet Jile
  • beethedesigner

@ GSM_Dren GSM_Dren

• Cook Kirby
  • Jei Jei
  • Delta-cod
  • beethedesigner
  • AirJay
  • Scarlet Jile

@ RaptorTEC RaptorTEC

• Regralht
  • Meta_Yoshi
  • Professor Oats
  • Scarlet Jile
  • DustinxD

@ Scarlet Jile Scarlet Jile

• GSM_Dren
  • RaptorTEC
  • Cook Kirby
  • Sinister Slush
  • Regralht
  • Slice~

@Jei Jei

• Delta-cod
  • DunkinDino
  • Nikes
  • GSM_Dren

@Professor Oats

• RaptorTEC
  • Cook Kirby
  • Slice~
  • AirJay
  • Meta_Yoshi
  • Shadow_I)ragoon

@AirJay

• Professor Oats
  • GSM_Dren
  • Jerry W
  • Meta_Yoshi
  • DunkinDino
  • Shadow_I)ragoon

@1hipG33K

• Nikes
  • Regralht
  • Shadow_I)ragoon
  • Jerry W
  • Meta_Yoshi

@Slice~

• Regralht
  • Egg.
  • Nikes
  • Scarlet Jile
  • Professor Oats
  • beethedesigner

@ BSME/misc BSME/misc

• Egg.
  • DustinxD
  • beethedesigner
  • DunkinDino
  • Meta_Yoshi
  • Jerry W

@beethedesigner

• Delta-cod
  • Egg.
  • GSM_Dren
  • Cook Kirby
  • Slice~
  • BSME/misc

@ Meta_Yoshi Meta_Yoshi

• RaptorTEC
  • Professor Oats
  • AirJay
  • 1hipG33K
  • BSME/misc
  • Jerry W

@ Shadow_I)ragoon Shadow_I)ragoon

• Eggs.
  • Professor Oats
  • AirJay
  • 1hipG33K
  • Jerry W

@ DustinxD DustinxD

• Delta-cod
  • Sinister Slush
  • Nikes
  • RaptorTEC
  • BSME/misc
  • DunkinDino

@ J Jerry W

• Sinister Slush
  • AirJay
  • 1hipG33K
  • BSME/misc
  • Meta_Yoshi
  • Shadow_I)ragoon

@ DunkinDino DunkinDino

• Jei Jei
  • Egg.
  • BSME/misc
  • AirJay
  • DustinxD

Last edited:

Egg.

Smash Journeyman
Just sent out friend requests to everyone on my list! I'll add the skype of anyone I'm playing who listed it soon also. I'm free to play most of tomorrow and also most evenings from around 8-10 PM PST (though we can work out another time if that doesn't work). I will be recording all the matches I play and posting them for critique if everyone's okay with that.

I'll also say again that I'm free to record matches I'm not a part of if anyone doesn't have a capture card but wants them chronicled for later. Just let me know the time and I can tell you if I can be there - keep in mind that I have school from 7-3 PST on weekdays!

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
Can you hear it? Hyrule Warriors is calling you back...
Nah I taking a break from that, last 7 silvers are mind numbing.
And I've done 70-80 grinds all the way to 120 for almost the entire cast outside of tingle yl of course, agitha cause just shoving rupees in her, and link ruto midna since they surpassed 140+
So all that together would prolly be 15+ hours of grinding.

Sinister Slush

❄ I miss my kind ❄
BRoomer
NNID
SinisterSlush
It's not possible.
As for 3DS think they got an update for replay sharing but they lose the replay in the process, so whoever gets it better record I believe.

GSM_Dren

Smash Journeyman
For 3ds you can save your replay and upload it for your friends or upload for the world to see. Replays uploaded are there for 30 days then are taken down afterwards.

Delta-cod

Smash Hero
NNID
Phikarp
Mmm, that's a shame. In that case, I highly encourage people to take advantage of the service Egg. is offering! Videos are great to have!

Also, important update:

Click here for the link to the spreadsheet for recording your results

For those who are unsure on how to record results in a spread sheet like this, it goes something like this. I'll use a pool with only two players as an example:

.................. Delta-cod...Scatz
Delta-cod***********|||50-0
Scatz........0-50.........|||********

This table would indicate that I beat @ Scatz Scatz 50-0 in a Best of 99. The stars are placeholders, since you can't play yourself.

Basically, you read by rows. In my row, I put my wins first and my losses second. In Scatz's row, he puts his wins (lol like he had a chance) first and his losses second.

It's very important that you make sure to line up the row and column correctly. Don't put your results in someone else's spot!

If you really don't feel comfortable putting in your own results, just message me or anybody else who volunteers, and we can do it for you.

Also, please note that I've left this open to being edited so I don't have to do it all myself. Do not vandalize the spreadsheet/misreport scores/do something to betray my trust, or I'll have to close the spreadsheet. This is also why I've asked for matches to be reported to me so I can keep my own records, just in case.

But it's okay, you're all amazing and wouldn't make me sad like that. <3

For reference, I've updated the sheet to include the results @ Meta_Yoshi Meta_Yoshi has given me!

Also, @ R ReturningFall , @Lukinhasss , @jpkurihara , @beethedesigner , @ EarthRyno EarthRyno : The spreadsheet includes FOUR tabs for a weekly 3DS round robin. Ultimately, you all can do as many Round Robins as you'd like for the event, but I've set up four spreadsheets (one for each week) that you can take advantage of if you'd like to!

Last edited:

Scatz

Smash Champion
I was wondering why I got tagged. Found out that Delta has to use me as bait since he knows he can't win outside of words. :)

Scatz

Smash Champion
You mean the dittos we had back in 2012? Yeah, when I was a scrub, and still am now. I've only had about 4-5 ppl take sets off me in dittos, so it's w/e. Doesn't mean I'll come pick up smash 4 and woop your butt back into shape (after I take down the top 6 in melee and reign over PM).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom