• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Great Fairy Fountain Research Thread

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
Infinite Second Jump Recovery. Examples would be Pikachu's QAC or Bowser's Klaw jumping.

According to some old thread that popped up again recently, most aerials have an ISJR/SJR window, including Zelda's kicks and dair. Dunno how accurate/usable it is, but I've never seen any Zelda use it (besides ledgewarping, which is kind of a subset of SJR).... so I wanna look into it.
I tried this only got Fair one extra time. Also it can be done with Nair.

And for Lagless LK's I have 6 replays now. Shortest one is about 11 seconds in.

KayLo!

Smarter than your average wabbit.
3DS FC
3497-1590-7447
Ohhh yeah, this stuff. ;;

Maybe one of the other Lab members can help you guys. =X I don't even own Brawl anymore, lol.

GodAtHand

Smash Lord
I've heard that Zelda's have an easier time short hopping bair/fairing with tap jump on, especially out of shield.

I've never tried it though because I hate tap jump and my Z is set to attack so I don't have that problem anyways.

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
Tap jump usually messes up the timing of my aerials though, or it makes me lose my jump a lot sooner and puts me in bad positions. Eh, it comes with practice I guess. I'm just not used to it. I heard that tap jump makes Upsmash OoS more viable though?

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
well that's the main reason I don't use tap jump and learned to do my aerials with Cstick x3

also for Usmash OoS I do JC Usmash... just in case you need to know how to do it just hold up on the left stick, and press X/Y (your jump button in case your have an odd configuration) and then A (attack button in case of odd configuration) almost simoultaneously and you'll perform Usmash with no need of droping shield... hope this helps

Mocha

Coffee Addict
In the land of princesses, frogs, and dragons
NNID
Mocha151
3DS FC
4640-0063-5592
So if you have your shield up, immediately hold up on the control stick and press the jump and A button simultaneously and it'll come out in the same manner as Upsmash OoS with tap jump on? I'll give it a try once I get the chance. Thank you =)

JigglyZelda003

Smash Hero
well that's the main reason I don't use tap jump and learned to do my aerials with Cstick x3

also for Usmash OoS I do JC Usmash... just in case you need to know how to do it just hold up on the left stick, and press X/Y (your jump button in case your have an odd configuration) and then A (attack button in case of odd configuration) almost simoultaneously and you'll perform Usmash with no need of droping shield... hope this helps
huh? can't you just Cstick up and jump at the same time while in shield?

i use remotechaku, but thats how i've been doing Usmash OoS.

Ceviana

Smash Rookie
Aaaahhhhhhhh I hate tap jump. I keep jumping when I want to Utilt D:
Yeah I just tap the jump button quickly for shorthops.

Not that I ever remember to do that.

Oh I forgot to say hi.
Hi!

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
Can you send your replay to my email plz so I can have a look at what you're doing? If not then let's exchange wii codes so you can send me replays directly. Otherwise do you have an SD card? There are plenty of options to showcase what you're doing so we can seeeeee :chuckle:

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
I would but i'm about 3/4ths of a mile from getting high speed internet and my computer has an SD card reader but it still has no access to internet. :mad: I have an sd card but i still can't send replays with it yet. but it wasn't in a replay. I'll get two within 3 minutes with Fair and Bair and maybe Nair.

When I get internet i will post about it...

KuroganeHammer

It's ya boy
BRoomer
NNID
Aerodrome
Edit: I was wondering if anyone could get Zelda's hitboxes with a beam sword. That would be interesting to see...

None of this is really important I was just brainstorming.
Sheik's is better though. :awesome:

You know what I'd love?

A comparison of all beam sword ranges in the game, because the Beam Sword trophy says something along the lines of the swords range changes dependent on the wielders fighting spirit.

olololol

Kataefi

*smoke machine*
I would but i'm about 3/4ths of a mile from getting high speed internet and my computer has an SD card reader but it still has no access to internet. :mad: I have an sd card but i still can't send replays with it yet. but it wasn't in a replay. I'll get two within 3 minutes with Fair and Bair and maybe Nair.

When I get internet i will post about it...
kk cool! Get a replay on your SD card asap. High-speed isn't required for you to email me so the internet you're using now to post here should be fine. I can have a look at it for you that way and observe the super secret technique that is multiple LKs :grin: When can you do this by?

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569
kk cool! Get a replay on your SD card asap. High-speed isn't required for you to email me so the internet you're using now to post here should be fine. I can have a look at it for you that way and observe the super secret technique that is multiple LKs :grin: When can you do this by?
the computers I get on don't have an SD card slot :c

I have three replays but only with one extra jump. two of them have it near the end while the 3rd one has two within the first minute: one of them being done with Nair :awesome: the other Bair.
I'm going to try getting more with more extra jumps

Fluttershy

Element of Kindness
NNID
ArrowofLight
3DS FC
5172-1450-4569

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
So at my first event, I got nervous and/or desperate at times pressing all sorts of buttons to escape stuff. One time, I managed to do a "Love Jump" diagonally upwards. I tried looking around for how I actually did it and I did stumbled on this. So after reading it, I got the upwards boost learned but for the life of me couldn't find out how I managed to go diagonally.

Can anybody shed some light on this? It seems pretty useful as a possible substitute for Farore's Wind.

I hope this is the right place to post this!

Fuujin

Smash Champion
So at my first event, I got nervous and/or desperate at times pressing all sorts of buttons to escape stuff. One time, I managed to do a "Love Jump" diagonally upwards. I tried looking around for how I actually did it and I did stumbled on this. So after reading it, I got the upwards boost learned but for the life of me couldn't find out how I managed to go diagonally.

Can anybody shed some light on this? It seems pretty useful as a possible substitute for Farore's Wind.

I hope this is the right place to post this!
What control scheme do you use?

Zelda can love jump any direction albeit sideways.
Just hold whatever direction you want to jump in while Zelda is still in that tumbling "I'm in pain" animation then let go right before you jump(or else you'll do another special) and she should jump in that direction.
It's much easier to do in the downward direction because you don't have to worry about putting in the jump.
If you need to practice build a custom stage with spikes and practice love jumping off of them, its really nice because they have sex knockback so you don't need to reset her damage to avoid dying.
I would start off trying to love jump diagonally downwards so you get the timing right, then you can move onto going upwards.

*Just for fun you should try love jumping when Zelda is metal.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Good tips thanks! I'll definitely try out all the advice I got today... tomorrow.

For the control scheme, I have tap jump off and attack set on A and R. Other than that, it's all default. :) Does this have any impact on pulling the stunts off?

Fuujin

Smash Champion
Good tips thanks! I'll definitely try out all the advice I got today... tomorrow.

For the control scheme, I have tap jump off and attack set on A and R. Other than that, it's all default. :) Does this have any impact on pulling the stunts off?
That shouldn't affect anything, it's just the jump and special buttons are really close together so it was kinda hard for me to press both at the same time so I have my jump button set to the L button just for love jumping, though I hardly ever love jump, I'm not a big fan of it.
It makes it much easier to perform in my opinion though.
Pressing L and B at the same time is easier than pressing y/x and b at the same time.

Alacion

Sunny skies
Premium
NNID
Alacion
3DS FC
0216-0918-5299
Quick replies :x

When I attempt love jumps, I press Y and B consecutively rather than at once and that seems to work for me :p.

#HBC | Scary

Hype Incarnate
NNID
ScaryLB59
Sounds good to me then.

Also, Mr.Eh, could you critique the match I had against Nick Riddle's Bowser? You have loads of exp in that MU and I'm sure you can give me some tips.

MrEh

Smash Hero
Lots of stuff to comment on, and this is only the first match.

0:14 This is an unsafe distance to use Din's. Instant Dash Attack from Bowser will clank with Din's and can hit you easily from this range. If Bowser is close enough, he will hit you and clank with Din's. If Bowser is out of range to hit you, he will clank with Din's and be at frame advantage in front of your face. Be careful.

0:16 Ftilt as an anti-air is extremely bad against Bowser when his aerials will usually beat or trade with it. Using Usmash instead would have hit Bowser clean. Also, Usmash combos into another Usmash at 0% on Bowser, and you get a free mixup afterwards.

0:19 Ftilt is a bad idea against Bowser on the ground as well. At that spacing, Ftilt could be punished by Bowser's upB OoS. Jab or Fsmash is generally better as a grounded spacing tool. It's harder for Bowser to punish.

0:23 Uthrow is generally a poor idea against Bowser unless there are platforms around. Even though Bowser has a blind spot below him, Zelda cannot take advantage of this easily on FD due to Bowser's air mobility and Zelda being extremely slow on the ground. A better option would have been to Dthrow Bowser and try to go for a mixup afterwards.

0:28 Unsafe Din's distance again. Thank God Riddle isn't using Dash Attacks.

0:33 If Bowser jumps at you, don't spot dodge on reflex. All of Bowsers aerials will lose to your Usmash with the exception of a spaced Klaw. However, Riddle was not far enough away to properly space a Klaw, so a Usmash would have covered all of his options. If he swings, he gets hit. If he spot dodges, he gets hit.

0:36 Unsafe Din's distance again. If you're going to do Din's from this range, try to use a retreating one.

0:37 Ftilt anti-air being used again. Usmash would have acomplished the same thing and covered more options.

0:41 Ftilt being used for spacing is again. If Riddle had decided to swing at you, your hits probably would have traded or Bowser would have won outright. Ftilt is also a bad idea against Bowser because it is easily countered by Bowser's Fsmash at that spacing. When in doubt, Zelda's Fsmash or Jab is always better then Ftilt.

0:46 You should have just Dsmashed him. It puts Bowser in a horrible position and is guaranteed. Trying to go for a LK is ballsy and honestly, usually won't work.

0:54 There was no reason to throw out this Din's. By throwing out this Din's, you let Bowser get back to the ground for free.

1:04 Again, Usmash combos into itself against Bowser.

1:06 It is a bad idea to chase an aerial Bowser when he has room to use Klaw. However, you could have just Usmashed and Bowser would have lost.

1:11 You could have been punished by UpB OoS here. Careful.

1:17 Unsafe Din's distance.

1:20 Yeah...

1:32 You had the percentage lead. There's no reason why this should have happened. DI toward the stage.

1:35 You should have waited on the platform for more invincibility.

1:41 This is a frame trap and honestly, it's kind of hard to avoid in a situation like that.

1:45 Don't be too ballsy with kicks that might not work. Usmash would have always worked in that situation. Because you went for the kick, you also set yourself up to get hit by UpB afterwards.

1:48 FSJFKLASJDLK:ASJFK:GH:ADSLH:KL

1:50 Be careful about rolling into Bowser. His UpB will beat anything you do, and can be a guaranteed punish to rolls at certain times.

2:00 LK is a horrible followup to Dthrow especially if your opponent knows to DI toward Zelda. It would have been better for you to stay grounded to abuse Bowser's blindspot underneath him versus going for a kick.

2:04 Airdodging into a grounded Bowser will get you killed. Never do it unless Bowser is lagging.

2:10 Smash DI out of this. It's one of the easiest moves in the game to SDI out of.

2:21 Bad DI on this Klaw. You want to fly into the corners, not the ceiling.

2:39 Should have used Bthrow and chucked Bowser offstage.

2:40 Again, kick followups off Dthrow are generally never gonna work against someone who knows how to DI the throw.

2:44 There was no reason for you to Fsmash again. Bowser would have either fallen or been able to jump before the 2nd Fsmash hits him.

Watch this to see how the matchup should go for both sides.

I know you've already seen it, but it's still informative. There's actually very little attempted camping in this video, because Zelda's camp generally doesn't work. Zelda vs Bowser is more of a zoning game; with Bowser trying to zone with Klaws and punish Zelda's over extensions, while Zelda tries to get Bower in poor positions and exploit him when she sees an opening. A premature decision to rush in for either character can get them destroyed, so it's extremely calculating.

Try to figure out when's a good time to use Din's. Also, look at my DI on Zelda's Dthrow. Kick followups simply do not work.

Flayl

Smash Hero
The length of MrEh's critique blew my mind, good stuff

MrEh putting in more work for Zelda than Bowser :(

AlanHaTe

Smash Ace
I'm not 100% sure about this but I think we can spike MK after a GR in SV's platform... the thing is that I don't know yet if MK can hit us before Dair or anything... I will test this later when my brother comes back and tell if it's legit ir not xD

EDIT: I accidentally found out we can re-grab him... not big deal tough but it's something xD

Top Bottom