• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The "Good News" about the Delay

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Seriously, what can they do in a week to the game that makes the delay good=??? EXACTLY! Unless the Japanese delay gets longer, the delay means NOTHING but a few minor balancing issues, that they could fix with the Wii's internet.

smashking27

Smash Rookie
Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!

i was looking forward for Feb. (it was going to be my b-day) o well

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Do they just let any random Brawl border make blog posts these days?
No, we just let random moronic noobs post on here so they can help detract away from the news articles we post on the boards because we sure do enjoy snarky comments from people who hold no reputation within the community at all.

X-x-Dyce-x-X

Smash Master
Some town in New Jersey Mains: Link, Falco, Ganond
1st >> One week is not enough time to add Megaman (or any character, 1st/2nd/3rd party or beyond, for that matter) to the roster. The time constraints are just too constricting. If BOTH Japan and the US got a one month delay, I would consider it a possibility, but that's not the case, so I'm dismissing this theory immediately. (Not to say I havn't questioned it.) But you more or less fail this part.

2nd >> Wavedashing is not a cheating glitch. It's a glitch that adds to the metagame and separates advanced play from mediocre play greatly. Wavedashing is not a worry, it is technically not in Brawl, I'm assuming you can't wavedash, and shouldn't take a week in Japan and a MONTH in the US to fix a bug. Japan isn't that technologically advanced to us. You more or less fail this part as well.

3rd >> I do have a bunch of games to finish. I plan on finishing them. Thank you for pointing out this for me. You win this part.

Hard Corwen

Smash Cadet
Unless they needed one more month to finish up the work. Doesn't mean they just added him, it could mean that they need just a wii bit more time to work it all out.

Did you see what i did at the end there?

xbrinkx

Smash Ace
ill just try to beat mario galaxy while i wait
Pfff ah ha ha ha ha ha :laugh::laugh::laugh:! Trust me, I beat that game in 3 off days. Easiest game ever. Will not last you until Brawl unless you have very little free time. Btw, this thread= EPIC FAIL! :lick:

YoshiAngemon

Smash Cadet

That would be how Shout would feel about the Brawl update, and seeing as she couldn't hit Sakurai in person, she takes it out on Shirobon (White Bomber)!

~Tac~

One day at a time.
NNID
Kamidachi
Switch FC
SW-6745-2861-2990
Do they just let any random Brawl border make blog posts these days?
No, we just let random moronic noobs post on here so they can help detract away from the news articles we post on the boards because we sure do enjoy snarky comments from people who hold no reputation within the community at all.
GodDayum. Kerpwnt. :laugh:

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
Calling me a moronic noob very big of you *claps* but news article? Please. When you see somebody making something like this on the forums they would get the **** flamed out of them, so why is it any different here? They don't understand what they are talking about.

But considering this guy joined in November and has 161 posts I doubt he has much leeway within the community anyway.

courte

Smash Lord
who suggests zero... seriously, why?? if sora is contracted for onimusha blade warriors 2; capcom battle then be happy, but until then stop this nonsense. we've reached past the point of such silly ideals. Megaman is not one of them but gritty sidekicks like Zero and Knuckles are--Grow up people.

krlos F.

Smash Journeyman
no, its not like u said (who wrote this article)... come on, the game must be finished now or before January 28 for the Japanese version, so... there won't be improves or something like that, it's just for marketing purpose... i hate nintendo right now...

lorddave551

Smash Apprentice
whatever they are doing better be worth it, these delays are really starting to piss me off...

Knightcrawler

Smash Journeyman
From a modeler/texturer's perspective, yes it is certainly possible to add a character in a week. The hard part to comment on is how this would affect The Subspace Emissary because we really don't know how much branching is involved. But that doesn't explain why the delay is four times longer here. In fact, nothing explains that except for if NoA dropped the ball on keeping up with their Wii network up to date. It'd be great if it was for voice chat, but I very much doubt it. If it is, it will be well worth the wait.

Misto-Roboto

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
MistoRoboto
3DS FC
3780-9079-0504
Switch FC
3912-9000-6921
Calling me a moronic noob very big of you *claps* but news article? Please. When you see somebody making something like this on the forums they would get the **** flamed out of them, so why is it any different here? They don't understand what they are talking about.

But considering this guy joined in November and has 161 posts I doubt he has much leeway within the community anyway.
Apparently he has enough influence on the community for us to warrant his joining as we didn't accept a lot of writers for Smash News. If you thought you could write better you could have applied, but you didn't, so that says a load more about your post than his article. Don't make statements you can't back up. They don't help the community and only ask for people to call you out on your trolling. Make an actual complaint to us if you think the article was unwarranted, don't do it by bashing the writer.

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
Apparently he has enough influence on the community for us to warrant his joining as we didn't accept a lot of writers for Smash News. If you thought you could write better you could have applied, but you didn't, so that says a load more about your post than his article. Don't make statements you can't back up. They don't help the community and only ask for people to call you out on your trolling. Make an actual complaint to us if you think the article was unwarranted, don't do it by bashing the writer.
Thanks man, appreciate that. Here was my original post to these comments that somehow ended up in the other Brawl delayed topic. I can take criticism, being an actual writer you get that sometimes, but this is a bit much. I think people are just angry and since I posted, I put a "hit me" sign on my back, lol. Anyway, my first post :

Ouch, try to make you guys laugh and what do I get but get reamed, lol. Apparently nothing I was going to say was going to cheer you people up. Took the risk, but ah well.

And I was trying to throw some positive thoughts out there people, not everyone can be negative. I'm just as pissed as all of you. But seriously, it's just probably localization issues. It happens. But that isn't exactly the most exciting thing to talk about. Figured a fun little column would be better.

It's OK to laugh now and then, not like if you don't you will get the game any sooner.

LaniusShrike

Smash Champion
Enh. As said by others, the Megaman theory just doesn't hold up against unequal delay times. I personally think the biggest hope when it comes to Megaman's inclusion is "the creator was just asked to lie about it."

Also, in terms of glitchiness, I don't think they would INTENTIONALLY give Japan more glitches than the US. I'm assuming the game was delayed for a reason, not "hey, why don't we delay the US longer, I bet we'll find some random glitch that needs fixing in that month."

The delay will give me more time to enjoy No More Heroes. The rest of you should get the game too, it'll probably be awesome- comes out January 22. After hearing about the delay I decided to go ahead and finally get Mario Galaxy... and within the first night I'd gotten 42/120 stars. I don't think that game will hold me off for long.

But... still. Nice article, I just don't feel like the points were really that well thought out. But that's the point of it being a message board instead of a newspaper, yeah? We can discuss.

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
I never said I could write better or that I wanted his position, I have nothing against him posting but it would be better if he actually knew more about what he was talking about instead of saying things like Mega Man being added within a week and wavedashing being removed ( That was just ********), but why would that say a lot more about my post than this article anyway? Please, tell me.

XCWarrior

Smash Apprentice
Brawl, Mario Kart Wii, Wii Fit, Zack and Wiki, SMR
Enh. As said by others, the Megaman theory just doesn't hold up against unequal delay times. I personally think the biggest hope when it comes to Megaman's inclusion is "the creator was just asked to lie about it."

Also, in terms of glitchiness, I don't think they would INTENTIONALLY give Japan more glitches than the US. I'm assuming the game was delayed for a reason, not "hey, why don't we delay the US longer, I bet we'll find some random glitch that needs fixing in that month."

The delay will give me more time to enjoy No More Heroes. The rest of you should get the game too, it'll probably be awesome- comes out January 22. After hearing about the delay I decided to go ahead and finally get Mario Galaxy... and within the first night I'd gotten 42/120 stars. I don't think that game will hold me off for long.

But... still. Nice article, I just don't feel like the points were really that well thought out. But that's the point of it being a message board instead of a newspaper, yeah? We can discuss.
Alright, alright, again. I wrote it more as a way to give people some positive thoughts since it was a horrible day for all us. The Megaman theory, as I put in quotes, is more of a hope than a probably.

I brought the glitches only from past Nintendo games. Japan gets things before us. Sometimes much sooner, sometimes pretty close. But when they do release it there first, sometimes the gamers do find something. But as I stated before, I probably should have put localization issues instead.

Thanks that you at least like the article to a degree. It was more a column, and columns allow for speculation. Kind of like when on the sports shows they say "I think Tom Brady will throw 3 touchdown passes" well its a good guess but they don't know for sure.

And yes, messages boards are for discussion, and at least, if nothing else, I caused that. I think that is the main goal of writing this stuff, is for discussion. So mission accomplished. And I still stand there was supposed to be humor in there that unfortunately was lost, lol

I never said I could write better or that I wanted his position, I have nothing against him posting but it would be better if he actually knew more about what he was talking about instead of saying things like Mega Man being added within a week and wavedashing being removed ( That was just ********), but why would that say a lot more about my post than this article anyway? Please, tell me.
Ok, Megaman again. That interview with the Megaman creator was like a month ago. They could have started his character creation soon after that, and didn't get the finishing touches on him until a week longer than they would have hoped. That isn't unreasonable to consider, eh? I thought I made that pretty clear.

Wavedashing I just like to bash because I do think its cheating. Just felt like throwing it in there for kicks.

Again, it was column/blog. I'm allowed to speculate without knowing everything.

And finally, on a side note, nice sig man, I love Vyse and Skies of Arcadia. Great game.

DQP

Smash Ace
he has a point. sure i'm disappointed about the delay, but i know it's going to be worth it. plus this jiggs a bigger chance (he'ss my main in melee). plus sheik's in. so it's worth it!! stop complaining!

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
@DOP: Epic lulz, go back to GameFAQ's.

@XCX: Its not the fact that Mega Man is in but that you think they can add a character in a week and you believed the interview deconfirmed him, and yhea SoA is great.

Shirufu

Smash Apprentice
1st >> One week is not enough time to add Megaman (or any character, 1st/2nd/3rd party or beyond, for that matter) to the roster. The time constraints are just too constricting. If BOTH Japan and the US got a one month delay, I would consider it a possibility, but that's not the case, so I'm dismissing this theory immediately. (Not to say I havn't questioned it.) But you more or less fail this part.

2nd >> Wavedashing is not a cheating glitch. It's a glitch that adds to the metagame and separates advanced play from mediocre play greatly. Wavedashing is not a worry, it is technically not in Brawl, I'm assuming you can't wavedash, and shouldn't take a week in Japan and a MONTH in the US to fix a bug. Japan isn't that technologically advanced to us. You more or less fail this part as well.
Don't be so certain. Don't you realize what happened with Mother 3? in the translations not only is the translation not the noly thing but there was problems because of hex values etc etc and starmen needed to almost completely recode everything. So, don't think something small with just be a quick fix. I also heard it's because they want to be able to reasonable compensate for supply.demand, and that there have been some problems in localization.

But seriously, don't yell over something smalll, sure, it's lame, but , do you think sakurai really wants hate mail:laugh:. Well.. nvm >.<

MexicanJuice

Smash Cadet
Geez....

Man, why all the hate against this dude? He did have some good points. We get more time to finish games before Brawl gets here, plus we'll have a bunch of info. I won't be seeing any of it, but it's nice for anyone who wants to know. Why must you all be so **** negative??? All he did was suggest what they COULD be doing. I mean, I sure as hell want Mega Man in Brawl, even if it is a false hope. You're all angry little haters

Mageus

Smash Rookie
I can only hope that they are delaying it for a good reason like ether adding in more chars. or balancing out some of the chars. moves "for example Ike"

motsalogeL

Smash Lord
1. Ca$hoholic, they don't care about your opinion especially when it is against the 2nd most popular third party character out there.

2. They wont be changing ANYTHING with the delay, get over it.

Top Bottom