• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Isaac unleashes Petra!
Ridley is unable to move!
Ridley was flying over a pit, so Ridley fell!
Isaac felled Ridley! :troll:

Trolling aside, I always thought "Isaac lets out a howl!" would be cool for his splash text, but on the other hand, those whom are unfamiliar with the Golden Sun series probably wouldn't get the reference. Thus, I could see them using a line similar to "Isaac shakes the Earth!"

You know, I could see Isaac being similar to Little Mac, in that he is extremely powerful on the ground (what with him having power over the Earth). On the ground, Isaac would have powerful, long-range Smash and tilt attacks, but his aerial attacks would consist mainly of weak sword slashes. Unlike Mac, however, Isaac could have better recovery options.

Oh, and I just thought of a simple, but useful way to incorporate the Djinn, which was partially inspired by Shulk's Monado Arts:

Using his neutral special, Isaac could switch between four Djinn, one of each element. Once he has a Djinni set, he can unleash said Djinni in a powerful attack. To switch between Djinn, all the player has to do is hold down the special button then select the desired Djinn with the control stick. To unleash the set Djinni, the player only needs tap the special button once. By default, Isaac will have the Venus Djinni set. After the Djinni is unleashed, however, Isaac's stats will be weakened depending on which Djinni he used. If the Venus Djinni was used, Isaac's defence will fall; if the Mars Djinni was used, Isaac's attack power will fall; if the Jupiter Djinni was used, Isaac's speed will fall; and if the Mercury Djinni was used, Isaac's special attack power will fall. After the Djinni is unleashed, the player can either reset it or use it in a devastating Summon attack, which will cause the Djinni to enter a standby stasis, making it completely unusable for a set amount of time.

What say you lot?

CardStealer1

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CardStealer
3DS FC
2681-0263-6525
Heck yeah! The old thread is back up!

All trophies in the Wii U are based consoles games and all trophies in the 3ds are based on portable games they say. Yet there's no GS representation? Interesting. I don't know about you guys but I really have a good feeling for Isaac Clarke.

Now all I need is a gif with "Isaac intensifies"

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
Go Isaac.

Your series might be in trouble, but we'll make sakurai see your worth regardless!

Staarih

Smash Master
So, here we are again. I always believed that Isaac is a strong contender for DLC, and with DLC confirmed via Mewtwo now, I believe in Isaac even more. Hopefully it's just a matter of time before he comes out of hiding!

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
So, here we are again. I always believed that Isaac is a strong contender for DLC, and with DLC confirmed via Mewtwo now, I believe in Isaac even more. Hopefully it's just a matter of time before he comes out of hiding!
Funny thing is that Mewtwo made me believe in K. Rool again, but I still think Isaac is a top DLC contender. Still a bit sore about Ridley, though. His role isn't half bad, but it wouldn't have been nearly as sour if they had just said what he did up front (and honestly, Ridley's really weird; he looks just like a playable character...)

Anyway, yeah, still think Isaac is a top contender for DLC.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Hopefully Isaac has a shot at being DLC. Wierd to not have him as an assist trophy, maybe it could mean something.... maybe.
Any character that doesn't have a role greater than a trophy has a "shot." If I had to guess, though, popular characters and cut Brawl veterans have a bigger chance at being DLC, except maybe Snake. If they were so concerned about Snake, he'd be in the game by default. And yeah, Isaac wasn't within the Top 5 overall most wanted, but he was generally quite high, and with all the confirmed characters who were highly requested, Isaac is likely among the Top 5 overall most wanted right now. And Ridley is most likely out, too (well, I can't say its impossible, but its extremely unlikely sadly).

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
And this thread is up again, feels good to be back.

The DLC hype train is coming and all I want is to see Isaac as a playable character, maybe they will release him alongside Mewtwo, they could be the psychic duo.

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Took me a moment to realize that I'm in the old Isaac thread. Thought I was in the Alliance one. LOL! Great to see old faces...uh...users back. Hope to see the others that have left coming back soon! Isaac has been revived and ready to start climbing the Smash Lighthouse once again! WOOO!!! :D

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Hello again everyone. :)

For some reason I thought the mods wouldn't open character discussion yet. Happy to be wrong though.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
One thing to note that is Norfair, the stage from Brawl which contained the Golden Sun song, is returning. We'll have to keep an eye on it. Although, like Isaac's absence from being an AT, I don't know whether to hope the song will be there or not. Lol.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Somehow I don't think whether Norfair has the Golden Sun track on it will be something we'll learn before release. So I wouldn't worry about it for now.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
We still got a Shot. I hope Isaac makes it as a DLC. He is too perfect to leave out.
Agreed, the lack of GS representation on the 3DS version is way too suspiscious, especially since it never appeared in a home console (unless you count Brawl), which means that there isn't much chance to see any on Wii U.

D

Deleted member

Weeee'rrrreeee baaaacccckkk!!!

God, it feels so good to be home again.

EDIT: Looks like at least Battle Scene/Final Boss is returning to the soundtrack if Norfair is returning. Though I do want an official Golden Sun stage, I won't be picky for now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
I don't know about you guys but if the Wii U version releases and there's still no trace of Golden Sun, I'm blasting away on the dlc hype train and I won't be coming down.

For better or worse.....

Do you think they'll announce all dlc characters this way, as a wireframe/model?

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I don't know about you guys but if the Wii U version releases and there's still no trace of Golden Sun, I'm blasting away on the dlc hype train and I won't be coming down.

For better or worse.....

Do you think they'll announce all dlc characters this way, as a wireframe/model?
No... I'm guessing they decided to mention Mewtwo this way as a means of illustrating that they are working on him, so people who wanted him playable will finally get him.

But, on the bright side, now that DLC is confirmed, I can at least sleep at night knowing that it's not an "if" but "when".

e105beta

Smash Journeyman
HAHA, THE THREAD IS ONCE AGAIN OPEN!

TAKE THAT! ISAAC'S CHANCES RETURN!

Or at least I hope. I won't be surprised if he gets announced too sometime before the Wii U release, but if he doesn't, and he doesn't get added in as a AT, then I think his return is almost guaranteed. It's just too strange for Sakurai to cut him out, trophy and all, given his relative popularity.

If he's in as an AT, well...

D

Deleted member

HAHA, THE THREAD IS ONCE AGAIN OPEN!

TAKE THAT! ISAAC'S CHANCES RETURN!

Or at least I hope. I won't be surprised if he gets announced too sometime before the Wii U release, but if he doesn't, and he doesn't get added in as a AT, then I think his return is almost guaranteed. It's just too strange for Sakurai to cut him out, trophy and all, given his relative popularity.

If he's in as an AT, well...
They didn't show off new ATs in this video, and a Wii U AT would make little sense for Isaac's involvement. And, since Ridley has been deconfirmed, this means that Isaac's announcement won't have any strings attached.

Besides, if Isaac makes it, that'll be two out of three RPG franchises in Smash Bros. that I love (I've realized that, after watching Xenoblade videos... I doubt I'll enjoy or even tolerate the game... sorry, Shulk fans, but I won't be playing it).

Arteen

Smash Lord
I've been out of the SSB loop so I completely missed the news. I'm not expecting anything, but here's hoping!

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
I what I think I gonna have::4duckhunt:
What I saw::4bowserjr::4larry::4roy::4wendy::4iggy::4morton::4lemmy::4ludwig:
What I got::mewtwopm:(DLC)

Ridley sacrifice was worthy for mewtwo being in! Now Mewtwo is directing the character that gonna return in DLC. Mewtwo is our lord savior.

It good to be back to Isaac old thread, yep,still zero content of Golden Sun in smash bros. My hope for Smash DLC is very good, I hope the future of new character gonna join in. The future is beautiful my friend. I hope we get Isaac for Real, this time.
Isaac HYPE! (PRAISE THE SUN!!!)

Gotann

Smash Apprentice
So DLC is finally confirmed, that's great!
The direct also didn't mention anything about new assist trophies or assist trophies in general. So it does not seem like we're getting a lot more ATs than the 3DS version or any special ones. These are all the ATs that I don't think have been seen on the Wii U version:
-Starman
-Infantry and Tanks
-Kat and Lyn
-Sable Prince * He was shown in the direct yesterday during the Trophy Photo Studio section, so there's a strong chance that he's an AT in the Wii U version too. (He's shown with other Assists, so I guess that pretty much confirms it)
So that only leaves maybe 3 exclusive ATs on the 3DS.

There's already 7 Old ATs missing and some of them could be in the Wii U version. That's a lot and that's even counting the new ones that might show up in the Wii U version.
When Sakurai said that each version will "roughly" have the same types of ATs, I think he meant they'll have about the same amount but only 2-3 will be exclusive to one version.
EDIT: I checked again, and Sable Prince, Starman, Infantry and Tanks, Kat and Lyn do show up in the Wii U version. So it looks like the 3DS version has absolutely no exclusive ATs. Maybe there's no such thing as exclusive ATs despite what Sakurai's post said... :/

Although we can't be certain until the Wii U version releases, it's looking really unlikely that Isaac is one of the
Wii U exclusive Assist Trophies at this point.

The only bummer is that we'll probably have to wait awhile to get any DLC. Like many have said, releasing Isaac to
coincide with a new Golden Sun game would be a good time. E3 would also be a good time to release or announce more DLC.
Even for DLC characters, Isaac still has a lot competition, so let's hope he's one of the chosen ones in the end. Though, I do think he has a very good chance.

Also, if they happen to remove the Golden Sun music in Norfair, it would be another thing to add to the list of suspicious stuff regarding the Golden Sun series in Smash 4.

Last edited:

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
We still have not seen any Golden Sun content.

Isaac is currently the only Smash Bros Nintendo character that has nothing related to him yet revealed or mentioned by Sakurai.

Isaac's chances are looking good.

Edit: Forgot Mokka and the Hero/Heroine from Magical Starsign.

Last edited:

Electric Tuba

Smash Journeyman
So for Isaac costumes, do you guys think they would use palate swaps for Isaac with just a couple alts (Matthew, Felix), or do you think they would pull a Bowser Jr. and give us the whole Original Eight from GS 1 and 2? Or even the eight from Dark Dawn?

I would be psyched if we got The Lost Age eight as the alternate skins.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
So for Isaac costumes, do you guys think they would use palate swaps for Isaac with just a couple alts (Matthew, Felix), or do you think they would pull a Bowser Jr. and give us the whole Original Eight from GS 1 and 2? Or even the eight from Dark Dawn?

I would be psyched if we got The Lost Age eight as the alternate skins.
I think they will handle Isaac's costumes like they did with Olimar and Alph.

ElPanandero

Smash Lord
NNID
ElPanandero
Isaac unleashes Petra!
Ridley is unable to move!
Ridley was flying over a pit, so Ridley fell!
Isaac felled Ridley! :troll:

Trolling aside, I always thought "Isaac lets out a howl!" would be cool for his splash text, but on the other hand, those whom are unfamiliar with the Golden Sun series probably wouldn't get the reference. Thus, I could see them using a line similar to "Isaac shakes the Earth!"

You know, I could see Isaac being similar to Little Mac, in that he is extremely powerful on the ground (what with him having power over the Earth). On the ground, Isaac would have powerful, long-range Smash and tilt attacks, but his aerial attacks would consist mainly of weak sword slashes. Unlike Mac, however, Isaac could have better recovery options.

Oh, and I just thought of a simple, but useful way to incorporate the Djinn, which was partially inspired by Shulk's Monado Arts:

Using his neutral special, Isaac could switch between four Djinn, one of each element. Once he has a Djinni set, he can unleash said Djinni in a powerful attack. To switch between Djinn, all the player has to do is hold down the special button then select the desired Djinn with the control stick. To unleash the set Djinni, the player only needs tap the special button once. By default, Isaac will have the Venus Djinni set. After the Djinni is unleashed, however, Isaac's stats will be weakened depending on which Djinni he used. If the Venus Djinni was used, Isaac's defence will fall; if the Mars Djinni was used, Isaac's attack power will fall; if the Jupiter Djinni was used, Isaac's speed will fall; and if the Mercury Djinni was used, Isaac's special attack power will fall. After the Djinni is unleashed, the player can either reset it or use it in a devastating Summon attack, which will cause the Djinni to enter a standby stasis, making it completely unusable for a set amount of time.

What say you lot?
Taking it one step further, I can see him using the switch mechanic of Shulk, but also the limited uses mechanic of Robin. So he'd have the opportunity to swtich between the 4 dijiin but use them a limited number of times. They could do any number of things, but I like the idea of them being part of his smashes like Robin. This way when he has Dijiin he'd follow your Lil Mac type fighter, but their limited uses could be what balances his stronger recovery.

Top Bottom