• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
What if Sakurai was the one that draw that pic and now is using it to lead us into confirmed and deconfirmed characters?

Well, if the order of confirmation keeps on roling like that, than I can't wait to see Isaac confirmed as a playable.

Felix the Slayer

Ret-2-Go!
3DS FC
3093-7620-3358
So if Isaac is dlc, what do you think his move set will be?
Obviously most of his A attacks will be sword attacks, all his B moves should be psynergy. Here's what I think his B moves could be

B- move(pretty much his AT move from Brawl)
Side B- Spire (summons a clay spire that falls on an opponent from above)
Down B- Earthquake ( sends an earthquake outwards from Isaac in both directions)
Up B- Growth ( can work like Ivysuars vine whip so it can be used as his recovery)
What are your thoughts on this move set, feel free to add on or change what you want.

Edit: Final Smash- Judgment summon or Oddyssey.

Last edited:

0ShadowStories

Smash Rookie
Imagine the shock if that completely fake leak about extra characters on wii u that would be patched into 3ds was true.
I mean it would be a better reason behind making 4 unlockables into starters. Especially if one of the 4 replacement unlockables was Isaac.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Im here to congrats 200 pages of isaac support! Thanks DLC!
Now let keep our hopes up.

Until Wii U release, the true fate of Isaac is there(and some ohters one to.)

Is you find is trophy ONLY that will not deconfirmed him.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
It's ok :) , the moveset has been discussed for nearly every page here.

By the way do we have a moveset that every Isaac supporter can easily agree on?
Well there are MANY movesets that every Isaac supporter can support on. As there are tons of movesets that fit Isaac.

There is no single moveset which can fit the awesomeness of Golden Sun.

Isaac is just too amazing for that (plus the fans have too many great ideas)!

RhymesWithEmpty

Smash Ace
Good to see this thread active again! And hooray for over 200 pages!

I know a lot of people here are taking the lack of any GS content as of yet to be a good thing, but it's got me all the more nervous. Particularly after that quote from Sakurai about how they rarely choose characters "with no future" - let's hope Camelot is planning GS4 right now and let Sakurai in on it!

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I think the main problem here is that while we have the moveset ready, we haven't come up with a specific playstyle for him. What would he excel at, and what would his weakness be?

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
I think the main problem here is that while we have the moveset ready, we haven't come up with a specific playstyle for him. What would he excel at, and what would his weakness be?
Anti-air, I believe. Not as extreme as Little Mac, who is near useless in the air but feels broken on the ground. More of a middle place.

Roy-Kun

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2337-4154-9016
Can I have a link to the moveset? Sorry, I don't feel like backtracking.

I'd like to see Isaac as a mix of strong special-attacks with melee combat. Think of him as Robin (ironic, since Isaac's japanese name is ロビン/Robin) but with focus on the ground since he's an Earth Adept.

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Return of the image :p What is this, the 5th time already?

I wonder how the creator of the image is reacting when s/he gets to know the prediction rate of it. So now we got Megaman, Little Mac, Pacman, and now Mewtwo (sans the mustache), it is time for the Earth adept! And a great bonus will be a reveal of GS 4!

And 200 pages! Yay!
Maybe Mewtwo will get the moustache in an alt costume. :)

Sorry I don't get the Norfair joke....
The Norfair stage was the only one you could play the "Battle Scene/ Final Boss (Golden Sun)" music on in Brawl.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
Alright, just more 99 pages to get to the 300 pages, let's keep it up :joyful:.

About his moveset, I think Isaac should be strong and fast, like in the games where he has one of the highest attack stats and the fourth highest Agility, so comparing to other fighters, he would be almost as strong as Ike in swordplay and almost as fast as Marth/Lucina. Also, he won't have that much of a delay after using an attack like Ike.

He would be good on the ground and would still have a good air game, where his side and backward attacks could be slashs with his sword, while his up-air could be Force-Psyenergy and his Down air could be Spire (it would pack a meteor smash). His standard air could be a circle of stones floating around him.

His dash attack could be Quick Strike (he vanishes and reappears with a powerful strike) and his Smash attacks could be Flint (Side Smash, also, if the opponent gets hit by Flint who is in the tip of the sword, the damage and knockback will be higher), Quake Sphere (Down Smash, would work like Megaman's down smash) and Wild Growth (Up smash, would work like Palutena's Up Smash, but won't have as much range and will be more damaging).

His Special attacks could be: Standard- Ragnarok (a blade quickly falls from the sky in front of Isaac, rechargeable); Side - Move (deals no damage); Up- Retreat (deals no damage); Down - Gaia (rechargeable and the more you recharge, it could evolve into Mother Gaia and Grand Gaia, becoming more powerful and having more wide range).

As for Isaac's final smash, it could be Odyssey (if the first swords pierces the opponent, then another sword would pierce and a huge colossal blade would finish the attack) or it could be Judgement (Isaac dissapears from the battlefield and the winged knight stops above it and releases a huge energy blast that constantly damages and pulls anyone in, after 5 seconds, it would explode for massive damage).

This are just ideas from the moveset that I made for Isaac that is lost somewhere on this thread. :troll:

Isaac for SSB4 (and luckily we get GS4 too, the power of 4).

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I have a feeling Isaac is going to be DLC. I can feel it. Especially if he isn't an Assist Trophy. He's been a top character in requests for quite a while, so if Sakurai is going to these lengths to meet fan demand, I think it's fair to say Isaac is pretty close.

Like I said, if he's not in the Wii U version, I really don't think they would cut him unless they had legitimate reason to do so. I have a feeling he might be playable. Here's hoping!

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
I have a feeling Isaac is going to be DLC. I can feel it. Especially if he isn't an Assist Trophy. He's been a top character in requests for quite a while, so if Sakurai is going to these lengths to meet fan demand, I think it's fair to say Isaac is pretty close.

Like I said, if he's not in the Wii U version, I really don't think they would cut him unless they had legitimate reason to do so. I have a feeling he might be playable. Here's hoping!
But if Mewtwo, the first DLC fighter, isn't even going to be available for 6 months, I think it's unlikely that they were specifically holding back characters for DLC. Plus, that would mean that it would likely be another year before we got Isaac.

Reviewers have been playing the game quite a bit, right? Is Isaac in the Wii U version as an AT?

If not, I REALLY hope he's a DLC fighter!

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458

I hear his japanese name is Robin though.... so maybe we get Felix or Matthew. I dont mind dark dawn kids though the rest of the game was lacking.

ChronoPenguin

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4253-4494-4458
Phew. It be nice if Isaac swapped Djinns like Monado Arts but instead of changing attributes it would change his other 3 specials... would be a ton of work though.

Ragnarok, Move, Briar, djinn change
Mad Blast, Planetary Dive, Haunt, djinn change
Cutting Edge, Nettle, Ply, Djinn change
Grand Gaia, Astral Blast, High Impact, Djinn change.

make customs for that...

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
But if Mewtwo, the first DLC fighter, isn't even going to be available for 6 months, I think it's unlikely that they were specifically holding back characters for DLC. Plus, that would mean that it would likely be another year before we got Isaac.
Well, actually, all Sakurai could do is import the Melee files of Mewtwo, buff him a LOT to fit in Smash, re-texture him for each version, come up with 9 custom specials and a Final Smash and BAM! Mewtwo can strike back! (get it? ^_^) And 6 months seems a lot for all of this.... My theory: It's not just Mewtwo we'll get, it's a lot bigger: new characters, stages, game modes, you name it!

Last edited:

Skyblade12

Banned via Warnings
3DS FC
1547-6378-0895
Well, actually, all Sakurai could do is import the Melee files of Mewtwo, buff him a LOT to fit in Smash, re-texture him for each version, come up with 9 custom specials and a Final Smash and BAM! Mewtwo can strike back! (get it? ^_^) And 6 months seems a lot for all of this.... My theory: It's not just Mewtwo we'll get, it's a lot bigger: new characters, satges, game modes, you name it!
Well, Sakurai did specifically say that they had trouble importing data from Melee.

Yeah, it seems like a lot of time. That's sort of the point. If a fighter takes until Spring to get here, DLC is not going to be swift for this game.

The Stoopid Unikorn

Spiciest of Guacamoles
Switch FC
SW-4202-4979-0504
Well, Sakurai did specifically say that they had trouble importing data from Melee.

Yeah, it seems like a lot of time. That's sort of the point. If a fighter takes until Spring to get here, DLC is not going to be swift for this game.
What makes you think Mewtwo's the only thing they're working on. From the Direct alone, we know they're working on Mewtwo, the Miiverse stage and Online tourneys as post-launch updates/DLCs.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Oh, I agree. But also, you have to note that the DLC isn't just Mewtwo. A stage and a game mode won't be available at launch, either. More likely than not, I do agree that this game was rushed, and that the concept of DLC was more of Nintendo's idea than Sakurai's.

However, I personally think that Golden Sun might benefit from DLC if they are regarded as the first Smash Bros. universe to debut through downloadable content, although I know some people may not approve of that.

As for movesets, I'd be happy if Isaac just stuck with Earth Psynergy and didn't do anything crazy, because gimmick-based fighters who can swap or have finite attacks look to take longer, so if Isaac's moveset is standard, we might get him quicker.

But, for Final Smash, I can take my pick between Judgment & Odyssey.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
I think that Isaac should be able to use his Psyenergy non-stop like Ness can use his Psy Powers non-stop and both games use the PP system, so we can believe that PP is infinite in the Smash Bros. Universe.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

Sakurai didn't have to import Mewtwo from Melee, he had Brawl data.

And a wait for DLC was, if not to be expected, then certainly not surprising, given the wait for DLC with games like MK8, NSMB, and Hyrule Warriors.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
rather baffling that there still isn't a single form of Golden Sun representation.

Well I'm pretty certain we will still get a another direct possibly since DHD's reveal video was teased just not sure when

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
rather baffling that there still isn't a single form of Golden Sun representation.

Well I'm pretty certain we will still get a another direct possibly since DHD's reveal video was teased just not sure when
It's possible they might just leave the Duck Hunt trailer as an in-game exclusive. The trailer itself might be really short.

We definitely won't be getting another Smash direct.

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace

And then Sakurai says, but wait, there's more and BAM, Isaac trailer.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
It's possible they might just leave the Duck Hunt trailer as an in-game exclusive. The trailer itself might be really short.

We definitely won't be getting another Smash direct.
We won't get another Smash Direct, but we haven't had a Nintendo Direct or Nintendo Direct "type" of livestream since E3.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
We won't get another Smash Direct, but we will get Smash info in a future Direct.

For the DLC at least.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I've just stopped by to say that I'm looking forward to see our Venus Adept push his way into the Wonder Windows of Smash DLC. Here's to hoping that we see a proper future for Isaac and the Golden Sun franchise.

Top Bottom