• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Isaac for DLC - One day. Some day. Golden Sunday.

Eagle

Smash Lord
Has there been a Ridley or Mewtwo trophy? Maybe, along with Isaac, they'll be released later. Wishful thinking I s'pose, but I just really want Isaac.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Has there been a Ridley or Mewtwo trophy? Maybe, along with Isaac, they'll be released later. Wishful thinking I s'pose, but I just really want Isaac.
I personally think Ridley and Mewtwo WILL get trophies later. Isaac getting a trophy is more of a killer for his chances of DLC than anything, unless they have some plan of, say, "when characters are added through DLC's trophies from their franchise get the icon updated."

The problem with new franchise reps is the icon. That's why I think Isaac not having a trophy is better for him as a DLC candidate. I highly doubt Ridley and Mewtwo are just not going to get trophies. Now, if they are planned on hyping up the Wii U version with new characters, that's a valid reason to skip out on trophies, and that's honestly Ridley's only way of being a playable character. One space missing on the 3DS roster is also extremely odd, too.

I don't think Wii U exclusive starters are THAT likely, although I'd be shocked if DLC did not happen at all.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Isaac getting a trophy is more of a killer for his chances of DLC than anything, unless they have some plan of, say, "when characters are added through DLC's trophies from their franchise get the icon updated."
Updating the icons would hardly be difficult though. You make it sound like some terrible thing that would be impossible to change after release. It's literally an image swap.

Personally if we're getting an Isaac trophy I'm hoping we get an Isaac trophy with a new high quality model. Maybe throw in a juicy teaser description ala K Rool.

If we get a great updated Isaac model for his trophy it could be more positive than him not showing up at all. Think about it, what kind of demoted assist trophy gets a new better looking model? Especially if Mewtwo and Ridley show up with fancy new models and teasing descriptions.

Last edited:

InfernoIII

Smash Rookie
Out of curiosity , are there any other Nintendo series with 3+ games that have no representation in Smash 4 found thus far?

EmeraldDragonair

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmeraldDragonair
so only Jill and Isaac are missing as AT?
Them and Kat & Ana, Jeff, Mr Resetti, Barbara, Excitebikes, Herlin, Infantry and Ray MK III last I heard, and I'm pretty sure that was after someone got the "all assists unlocked" screen. No idea how many (if any) of them have been found as regular trophies.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Them and Kat & Ana, Jeff, Mr Resetti, Barbara, Excitebikes, Herlin, Infantry and Ray MK III last I heard, and I'm pretty sure that was after someone got the "all assists unlocked" screen. No idea how many (if any) of them have been found as regular trophies.
Infantry has been seen. I heard Jeff and Kat & Ana have as well.

Out of curiosity , are there any other Nintendo series with 3+ games that have no representation in Smash 4 found thus far?
Custom Robo, Wave Race, Excite, Chibi-Robo, Pushmo, Fatal Frame, Fossil Fighters, possibly more.

And there could be trophies from some of these series that I'm unaware of.

DecaHibiki

Smash Apprentice
Infantry has been seen. I heard Jeff and Kat & Ana have as well.

Custom Robo, Wave Race, Excite, Chibi-Robo, Pushmo, Fatal Frame, Fossil Fighters, possibly more.

And there could be trophies from some of these series that I'm unaware of.
I saw Kat and Ana!!! :D also Jeff and Infantry

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Although it's not my cup of tea, Legend of Starfy has like 4 I think.

-
Oh... Isaac. What are you doing right about now?
If anything, the fact that there isn't even a trace of his trophy makes me much more hopeful. Because Golden Sun is far too important to not even get a little trophy representation.

...I think we're not doing this right...

Isaac!
...Isaac... wake up!
You're going to be late!

It's probably the only way to summon a legendary JRPG hero. :D

fenyx4

Smash Journeyman
For now, farewell Isaac. But I'm still holding out hope, whether for SSB4-Wii U connectivity/downloadable content or Super Smash Bros. 5! May the golden sun rise resplendently! You'll unleash..someday.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Your Smash Bros. for Wii U lets out a Howl!

Isaac!!!!

Although it's not my cup of tea, Legend of Starfy has like 4 I think.

-
Oh... Isaac. What are you doing right about now?
If anything, the fact that there isn't even a trace of his trophy makes me much more hopeful. Because Golden Sun is far too important to not even get a little trophy representation.

...I think we're not doing this right...

Isaac!
...Isaac... wake up!
You're going to be late!

It's probably the only way to summon a legendary JRPG hero. :D
Yea! Definitely a good way to tell a JRPG hero to go save the world! It's a classic!

NNID
AwesomeCauliflwr
3DS FC
0576-6167-0092
jeff and infanttry have been spotted

SonicLink125

Smash Lord
NNID
SonicLink
Wow, we are so close to 200 posts here. Incredible!

It's so interesting and cool that the hype has still not died yet since we hardly know what the Wii U version will contain. And knowing Sakurai, I bet he has a few characters left to hype it up real big. Here's hoping for Isaac! Plus, the whole 1GB missing/unused is very interesting.

Got the demo early. It's a lot of fun and looks amazing. The button layout is odd, but I'm glad that you'll be able to change that in the full game. Wish you could use a few more characters though in the demo. lol. You guys are in for a real treat. :D

Edit: Don't remember who said about Mother Brain AT was only for the Wii U. I just used her in the demo. So, that's out. Wish I took a picture of it for proof :/ but please believe me.

Edit: I just summoned her again and now have a picture. How to show it though?

Last edited:

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
I'm sorry guys, but Isaac is not DLC. He's either a Wii U assist trophy or Sakurai cut Golden Sun out of Smash 4. If Isaac were potential DLC we would have at the very least seen Golden Sun trophies on the 3DS version. Second, his Assist Trophy would be replaced with Matthew, Felix or Garet, not removed all together (which is still possible as a Wii U only AT I suppose).

Don't get your hopes up. Instead we should look forward to PM's development on Isaac and hope Sakurai's bull**** doesn't affect Isaac's chances in any way. It seems like they've got a solid thing going and I would be devastated if Project M removed him because of people's speculation.

Last edited:

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
I'm cautiously optimistic.
Looking forward to P:M Isaac, for sure! I'd really love to have a character I can call my "special one" in P:M, as they removed P.T., and Sonic does NOT handle the way I trained hard with him to fight.

But I do think something's up with Isaac missing. It just makes no sense for his AT to disappear like that, and no trophy in sight.
Sure, worst case scenario, Isaac could be an Assist trophy for Wii U (which would also explain the lack of his trophy, period).
But apparently, there's evidence that DLC might be on the way. When the blocks that SSB3DS take up in the system's memory in the eShop is considerably higher than what it takes up in the system itself. .. Or something like that.

Your Hero

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1392-4236-0236
Trophies for Mewtwo, King K. Rool, Dixie, Chorus Kids and ICs have all been found. Isaac's missing trophy is not a good indicator of DLC whatsoever considering what's been found thus far (unless if you wish to argue none of those characters would be DLC over Isaac). Of course the game only just released, but in all honesty Isaac's situation is more comparable to Snake's (who also has yet to see a trophy in Smash 4).

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
Trophies for Mewtwo, King K. Rool, Dixie, Chorus Kids and ICs have all been found. Isaac's missing trophy is not a good indicator of DLC whatsoever considering what's been found thus far (unless if you wish to argue none of those characters would be DLC over Isaac). Of course the game only just released, but in all honesty Isaac's situation is more comparable to Snake's (who also has yet to see a trophy in Smash 4).
Of course that's what I'm arguing.

Ice Climbers may flat out not happen due to either their inability to sort out infinites, or, like Sakurai DID mention, 3DS limitations.

Chorus Kids might A) have been a dropped concept just like Chrom, B) Have issues similar to Ice Climbers C) Both A+B.

Ridley and K.Rool? Fan demand or not, Sakurai is clearly favoring Main heroes over villains. This is something that people need to deal with already.

Dixie is the only baffling decision for me, because she counts as a main character (3-5) games at least, girl character (like a lot of the newcomers), and pretty much recent due to DKTF.

But what I'm arguing mostly is not "Missing trophy" status, but missing... everything. He was an AT, which is arguably the 2nd best role a character plays, and there's no trace of his now. There is no Golden Sun SONG spotted yet either... Then why the heck:
-Motoi Sakuraba was brought over to perform music
-Camelot is in the credits
-And most importantly.... none of the above play a role in the 3DS version where Golden Sun content is more likely to take part in?

Yeah, IC were playable last time, but we were warned they were having problems with them in the 3DS version, so it's no surprise.
But hey... for all we know, we might get a solo Popo + solo Nana DLC character (which requires a whole other trophy of their own being solo).

It's a coin toss, until we get proof of Isacc's status. But things seem to bode a bit better for him.

Sorry I'm ranting on, and I don't mean to step on any toes here, but I feel we have a lot more ground to stand on than mere delusions, and false ideas of being misled. (Seriously, Ridley was hinted at... as a Stage Hazard from day 1 (POTD) and especially day 2 (40 minute direct).

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Hey don't worry so much. I think he still stands a good chance of being playable because him being exclusive AT to Wii U makes almost zero sense. And so does his exclusion. GS has still been recognized and has been released on the VC AND is selling nicely.

I still think that my favourite character from my favourite video game can make in as a playable character in Smash 4. We just have to wait for news before the Wii U version is launched and after the 3DS version is launched in western territories.

Reflex_i

Smash Rookie
NNID
Reflex_i
3DS FC
5000-1994-1787
Isaac could possibly have a cool moveset, I think he should be playable

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Of slight relevance:

It's missing Ashley, Saki, and Kat & Ana.

And who knows, it's possible there's a Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/etc. like AT this time that's super super rare, but I doubt it. This is probably all of them, at least on the 3DS.

EDIT: And no, Isaac isn't there.

Last edited:

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Of slight relevance:

And who knows, it's possible there's a Mew/Celebi/Jirachi/etc. like AT this time that's super super rare, but I doubt it. This is probably all of them, at least on the 3DS.

So basically now ALL the ATs have been seen and Isaac is nowhere to be found?

Thankfully, a normal trophy is also nowhere to be seen.

Curiouser and curiouser....

JohnnySparkxs

Smash Ace
No Isaac AT, no Isaac trophy... He seems very likely to be DLC now, because I doubt Sakurai would just scrap Golden Sun out of Smash, considering it had a game after Brawl and it was one of the first titles to be released in the VC. There's still hope.

Malkior7

Majestic Space Pirate
NNID
Sagittarius
3DS FC
4167-5777-1464
With the recent development of Wii U and 3DS version connectivity. Hope is further restored.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
I made a Mii for Isaac, if anybody is interested. If you put the big beard on him, it almost looks like a scarf. Enjoy!

D

Deleted member

Of slight relevance:

You know, Saki is listed in the Hint section of the 3DS game,.

But, anyway, I am adhering to the concept about the lack of a character trophy determining their fate for DLC (of course, I can't use this a lot because NOBODY is willing to post a list of confirmed trophies!!!). Granted, there are some holes in the logic here, but if we don't see Isaac's trophy, this can mean the worst outcome. Yet, I'm cool with no Isaac, becuase it'll give me hope.

Plus, if the game is a great seller in Japan AND the West, Nintendo might see it as a cash cow and, just to make the experience moe worthwhile, emphasize the DLC option.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
You know, Saki is listed in the Hint section of the 3DS game,.
Mhmm, I meant he was missing from the video, not the game.

Plus, if the game is a great seller in Japan AND the West, Nintendo might see it as a cash cow and, just to make the experience moe worthwhile, emphasize the DLC option.
I can't see this game not being a great seller in Japan and the West.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Well to be fair, most people wouldn't have considered Duck Hunt Dog getting in over any of them. What we argue ultimately has no affect on reality.

You can't compare Isaac and Snake. One is 2nd party and the other is 3rd party. There's no valid comparison to be made.

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
Of slight relevance:

Just saw KatAna on my copy (At least I think it is)
But no sign of Issac or Ray.

D

Deleted member

I can't see this game not being a great seller in Japan and the West.
I just wanted to say that. I know it's gonna sell like hotcakes. Hopefully Nintendo will decide not to stop there and keep the gravy train rolling.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478
Guys, is been a fun ride... I try to find Isaac everywhere but not sign of him... Except camelot credited in the credits.

I hope someday I will have my Isaac, it should be in. In the future.
Oh yeah there releasing a patch for online functionality, so I hope for DLC anytime soon.
My hope of Isaac got a little light of hope.

Last edited:

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Well, I'm not sure when the lock is going to take place, but it seems to be soon, so while I still have time I'll just say that it was great talking about Isaac and GS in Smash with all you guys and girls, it was really crazy and awesome to see how much support an old-timer at this point like Isaac still has for not having been in the spotlight for so long, and here's hoping that somehow we'll still see him in the future of Smash!

To Isaac, to Golden Sun, to DLC, to GS4, and to whatever the future of Smash might hold for him!

DreadToaster

Smash Rookie
Of course that's what I'm arguing.

But what I'm arguing mostly is not "Missing trophy" status, but missing... everything. He was an AT, which is arguably the 2nd best role a character plays, and there's no trace of his now. There is no Golden Sun SONG spotted yet either... Then why the heck:
-Motoi Sakuraba was brought over to perform music
-Camelot is in the credits
-And most importantly.... none of the above play a role in the 3DS version where Golden Sun content is more likely to take part in?
Couldn't Camelot be in the credits for something Mario Tennis/Golf related? Has anything from those games been spotted yet?

I mean, I hope it's Isaac but it's important to acknowledge that they do make other games.

Last edited:

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
Couldn't Camelot be in the credits for something Mario Tennis/Golf related? Has anything from those games been spotted yet?

I mean, I hope it's Isaac but it's important to acknowledge that they do make other games.
From what I've seen no stages or music has had anything related to those properties. I could be wrong, though.

LasermasterA

Smash Champion
NNID
LasermasterA
3DS FC
1392-5385-9326
Well since this thread is about to lock soon, I better put in a finale post or something! It was a great ride everyone, and no giving up yet! Meet ya guys at the Isaac discussion thread!

Here's to Isaac in Smash 4, GS4 and a re-emergence of the Golden Sun!

There are happier times ahead!

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
"when characters are added through DLC's trophies from their franchise get the icon updated."
I would just assume this.

Mewtwo, Dixie, King K Rool, and Chorus kids all got trophies. I do find it weird that Isaac didn't get a trophy, but lest we forget we have special ATs for Wii U, although I think he would be better suited for the 3DS version.

I think Isaac, Ridley, and Impa got this far with no trophies.

Mishudo

Smash Journeyman
Even though I was mainly a lurker, the few times I did post in here were a pleasure, and it was a great time seeing everyone's optimism :upsidedown: Here's to the future !

Last edited:
Top Bottom