• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Ghost Home- Pac-Man Kill Confirm Thread

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
U.S., Maryland (Eastern Time, UTC - 5hrs)
NNID
EquinoXYZ
What's up my fellow Pac-Mains?
This is a thread we have needed for a long time.

What is the biggest flaw of Pac-Man (besides his grab)?...His flimsy kill power! We have already found ways to work around our bad grab, (trampoline, DITCIT grab confirms, Shield Breaking...)
so now is the time to put our heads together and discover new ways of killing with Pac-Man.

image.jpg

"No more enduring our enemy until 150%, for in the future, we shall kill our enemy at 100% or even lower!!"

*YEAHHHHH!!* (Ghost Crowd Cheers)

SafCar

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0645-5834-8488
Dash Jump Cancelled Up Smash can help us get the setup into a KO off the ceiling, seeing as it has a startup hitbox in front of him. Down Smash can hit any roll spammers.

If we wanted, we could go for ledge fighting. Fair, Nair, and Bair can help push the enemy back, and Pac Pellet Dash/Trampoline can help us get back in near Villager levels of Recovery. Pac Dash can also help put us in position to land a Bair.

Also, remember that Hydrant can stage spike, a thrown Melon can KO ~100% off stage, and the Bell goes straight down. These options can help us cover the mid-low recoveries, it's the high recoveries we need to find a reliable and quick counter for. Uair and Utilt only go so far.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
We need to get better at upsmash out of shield or dash up-smash. It's legit.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Got high recoveries? We always have a bell ready. Utilt and usmash hydrants go really high as well.

DITCIT Cherry, bell, and Strawberry all put the opponent into enough hitstun to lead into a smash attack kill.

DITCIT melon allows you to run in front of the melon while you pop their shield with trampoline or grab.

Fair -> Key is a true combo at >100%

Hydrant Drop -> Key is cool too

We need to start utilizing our weaker fruit for kill confirms.

Last edited:

ToxoT

Smash Apprentice
while we have some really powerful kill moves like side b, key, and a launched hydrant, bell is our best option to attempt to score a kill, and is extremely scary against people trying to get back on stage. it's fairly easy for us to regrab bell, and what we should aim for is to force our opponent offstage, and cover that area with the regrabbed bell, or even better throw the bell upward so it lingers in place, hit the opponent into it with a weak move like fair or ftilt, and land a smash or side b after they're out of stun. something else i like to do with the bell is throw it onto the ground after laying down a hyrant, letting it be gushed forward and also performing a hydrant dash with the bell covering me. give this a try, it's quite stunning.

also, how to kill at %60 from the middle of the smashville: regrab bell with dash attack while hitting your opponent, you can just regrab then z drop the bell to make it less choreographed, full hop throw bell, this combos, double jump side-b to hit them after the bell knocks them away. the dash attack and bell carries your opponent just far enough the blast zone so the side-b kills.

Last edited:

ZeoLightning

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeoLightning
3DS FC
5455-9919-4674
aside from Hydrant, Pac has VERY limited landing options and because he's abit floaty he can be juggled easily without getting the chance to land, Pac's ledge options arent the best either

one of my fav set ups for edge guarding is placing the hydrant on the ledge, Bair, than jab so that i eliminate 3 of my opponents get up options.

pac man can also gimp people really easily by just chaining Fair's off stage till the opponent is too far to recover (depending), Pac's recovery is good enough that you can even waste the double jump with this

Apple is mostly guaranteed to kill around 135%, lowest possibly 120% the only other kill fruit are the the Melon, which has difficult set ups because its so slow, the bell, which y itself can kill but its better for a hit confirm kill and the key which kills around 110%. the orange can kill to is used to edge gaurd, thats the only fruit i have killed with for pac

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
aside from Hydrant, Pac has VERY limited landing options and because he's abit floaty he can be juggled easily without getting the chance to land, Pac's ledge options arent the best either

one of my fav set ups for edge guarding is placing the hydrant on the ledge, Bair, than jab so that i eliminate 3 of my opponents get up options.

pac man can also gimp people really easily by just chaining Fair's off stage till the opponent is too far to recover (depending), Pac's recovery is good enough that you can even waste the double jump with this

Apple is mostly guaranteed to kill around 135%, lowest possibly 120% the only other kill fruit are the the Melon, which has difficult set ups because its so slow, the bell, which y itself can kill but its better for a hit confirm kill and the key which kills around 110%. the orange can kill to is used to edge gaurd, thats the only fruit i have killed with for pac
For landing options I suggest you practice this: http://smashboards.com/threads/pacman-tech-in-depth-how-to-footdive-discuss-uses-below.403287/

And for ledge get up options,

Wall jump ->Bair
Bell
are just a few good ways to hit an opponent that waits for you on the ledge. This thread is more for discussing kill setups rather than kill moves

ZeoLightning

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeoLightning
3DS FC
5455-9919-4674
For landing options I suggest you practice this: http://smashboards.com/threads/pacman-tech-in-depth-how-to-footdive-discuss-uses-below.403287/

And for ledge get up options,

Wall jump ->Bair
Bell
are just a few good ways to hit an opponent that waits for you on the ledge. This thread is more for discussing kill setups rather than kill moves
i mentioned some kill set ups, i just think those options are worse than the amount of kill moves pac has, but he does have kill power.

i know how to do that foot dive move but it never helps me land in the neutral. bair isnt safe on shield even from the ledge, bell helps but can be caught and used against you.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
i mentioned some kill set ups, i just think those options are worse than the amount of kill moves pac has, but he does have kill power.

i know how to do that foot dive move but it never helps me land in the neutral. bair isnt safe on shield even from the ledge, bell helps but can be caught and used against you.
If the Bair is well spaced and used while moving in the opposite direction, it should be safe. The foot dive should be safe if your opponent is in the air with you. You could also try air breaking with it.

Edit: by using Bair hydrant-> Jab-> trampoline, you cover every get up option

Last edited:

ZeoLightning

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ZeoLightning
3DS FC
5455-9919-4674
If the Bair is well spaced and used while moving in the opposite direction, it should be safe. The foot dive should be safe if your opponent is in the air with you. You could also try air breaking with it.

Edit: by using Bair hydrant-> Jab-> trampoline, you cover every get up option
even when spaced well moving in the opposite direction if the character is fast enough or they perfect shield they can punish. also yeah foot dive helps if you in the air with your opponent, but most people wait to punish your landing. i usua;;y air brake with fair or nair

i dont use the trampoline to get bait rolls

ThundrDome

Smash Rookie
We haven't optimized orange sniping half as much as we should.
I couldn't agree more. If we're evaluating fruit in terms of knockback, damage, range, speed, AND charge time, orange might be the best fruit out there. It's gimping potential is incredible.

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
I don't know about you guys, but I have been practicing my edge-game. Today alone, i've stocked plenty of players while they are under 70%. It helps when the people you verse are hasty and chase you down to were they can't recover back from. One match that really stands out in my mind was a Ness match up that was over in 36 seconds. Then Ness was just hitting me with that Fair move, he got three in, I did 0% but because we were so far from the ledge when he went to Recover my Side Pellet canceled his up smash and he got a Self-Destruct. Then I quickly got back to the stage and managed to stage drop him haha. A captain falcon match up were there is a lot of wall jumping, managed to gimp him with a ledge trump and soft Nair straight down. I would say that about 70% of my k.o's are just getting the opponent to mess up while airborne.

The none-hasty opponents are the ones that never jump off the ledge to attack at you, and these guys are a lot harder to k.o. at lower percents.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
Also wanna throw in something I learned from Abadango.

Upwards bell item toss -> up throw opponent. The bell should break the opponent out of the grab and stun them, giving you enough time to smash attack them.

Phampy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Phampy
Also wanna throw in something I learned from Abadango.

Upwards bell item toss -> up throw opponent. The bell should break the opponent out of the grab and stun them, giving you enough time to smash attack them.
I tried to do this in training today and couldn't get it to work. The bell always came down and Pacman would continue his throw animation. Alternatively though, if you can short hop bell throw > land > forward throw, the forward throw will toss them into the bell on the way down leading to an easy up smash. Kind of situational though since you need good spacing and timing for the throw to put them in range of the bell on the way down. That and you would need to train your opponent not to challenge your jump in.

Nu~

Smash Dreamer
NNID
EquinoXYZ
I tried to do this in training today and couldn't get it to work. The bell always came down and Pacman would continue his throw animation. Alternatively though, if you can short hop bell throw > land > forward throw, the forward throw will toss them into the bell on the way down leading to an easy up smash. Kind of situational though since you need good spacing and timing for the throw to put them in range of the bell on the way down. That and you would need to train your opponent not to challenge your jump in.
It's a very weird timing. Your method may be better

Firedemon0

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Firedemon0
3DS FC
1134-8459-4639
Orange sniping all day! Seriously, its such an effective kill move for most of the cast. You get a good toss out there, you close out stocks. Certain characters have strong enough recovery that it takes a bit of effort, but normally, it is one of Pac's strongest options.

Neutricity

Smash Apprentice
Nothing is more satisfying than an orange snipe. I recommend that we go in the lab and practice hitting the orange off stage to hit our opponents for kicks and giggles. We could do the same for melon but orange does come out faster.

Last edited:

LittlePac

Smash Cadet
you can apple snipe off stage too with a little timing + luck.. you bounce it off the stage, let it bounce 1-3 times and goes off the stage downward at the recovering opponent.. really catches people off guard, if they air dodge you can mess up their recovery, if it hits sometimes it'll KO at weirdly low percents, sometimes it'll gimp.

Zeekfox

Smash Cadet
Nothing is more satisfying than an orange snipe. I recommend that we go in the lap and practice hitting the orange off stage to hit our opponents for kicks and giggles. We could do the same for melon but orange does come out faster.
I'd say the Melon is far more satisfying. Though you can't force it, I've noticed a lot of players air dodging too early, especially if you jump out after it and they panic.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Nothing is more satisfying than an orange snipe. I recommend that we go in the lab and practice hitting the orange off stage to hit our opponents for kicks and giggles. We could do the same for melon but orange does come out faster.
We should probably try jumping out there throwing the orange, and then punishing their air dodge.

Last edited:

Revibe

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Revibe
3DS FC
2380-4883-4721
I sent some video's to Pepespain about some really neat Trampoline K.O.'s. Hopefully he feels they are good enough to showcase sometime.
That Trampoline really puts up pressure, but it can get very lackluster because of the delicate precision needed to get a lead on the opponent. Easily Punishable, but worth checking out.

Top Bottom