• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Gentlemens' Roster Prediction Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
image.jpg

This is a thread for fancy gentlemen who just want to sit down in front of his/her computer monitor, and pursue in an intelligent discussion about the future of the Super Smash Bros. Roster.

I assume one could say this may be "a healthy alternative" to the Roster Prediction Discussion Thread, and this may very well be true.

So come my friends, let's pursue in a knowledgable chat!

Holder of the Heel

Fiat justitia, pereat mundus
NNID
Roarfang
3DS FC
1332-7720-7283
Switch FC
6734-2078-8990
This is a thread for fancy gentlemen who just want to sit down in front of his/her computer monitor, and pursue in an intelligent discussion about the future of the Super Smash Bros. Roster.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
As a matter of fact, it is very possible, but unfornately, not a lot of people today seem to be able to.

That's why I made this thread.
Most simpletons will most likely become frustrated halfway through reading the first post, and they will promptly exit.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Hello gentlemen.
Lovely day we are having!
Would you enjoy partaking in some intelligent banter about the game called Super Smash Brothers?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Yes to Geno, Sukapon, Tom Nook

No to Little Mac, Palutena, Shulk

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
So, fellow minded debaters, shall we engage in a discussion about the Fires of the Emblem?

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Hello gentlemen.
Lovely day we are having!
Would you enjoy partaking in some intelligent banter about the game called Super Smash Brothers?
Wonderful evening, wouldn't you say Louie?

Partaking in some Smash Brother bantar seems like a lovely and merry idea if I do say so myself.

So, what do you gentlemen think of the idea of Dixie Kong from the Donkey Kong Countrey Franchise being on a "tag-team" with the veteran Diddy Kong?
And if this were to occur, who exactly would this feature function, assuming they are both on the screen at the same time.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I say that fair Lyndis is the most intelligent of choices.
But that may just be my opinion my fellow speculators.
Wonderful evening, wouldn't you say Louie?

Partaking in some Smash Brother bantar seems like a lovely and merry idea if I do say so myself.

So, what do you gentlemen think of the idea of Dixie Kong from the Donkey Kong Countrey Franchise being on a "tag-team" with the veteran Diddy Kong?
And if this were to occur, who exactly would this feature function, assuming they are both on the screen at the same time.
AHEM.
My name is Sir Louis of G here chap.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
OH GOOD SHOW!

This fine fellow knows an intelligent choice when he sees it!

I too, say that the fair lady lyndis would make a wonderful representative for the Fires of the emblem.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I say, good chaps, it's a fine day for a grand old discussion, eh sirs and or madams?

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
OH GOOD SHOW!

This fine fellow knows an intelligent choice when he sees it!

I too, say that the fair lady lyndis would make a wonderful representative for the Fires of the emblem.
I am inclined to agree with both of you on this topic. What do you all think about the veteran Roy returning to the battle? Or perhaps the choice of Chrom if Sakurai favors the schadenfreude of Smashboards users?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I am inclined to agree with both of you on this topic. What do you all think about the veteran Roy returning to the battle? Or perhaps the choice of Chrom if Sakurai favors the schadenfreude of Smashboards users?
I say, Roy is quite the intriguing choice, but I do not find the young chap very possible.
Chrom is possible due to his recent appearance in The Fire of Emblems: Awakening.
I still decide that lady Lyndis is the greatest of possibilities.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I say good sirs, I do beleive we have gotten to such an upset start. at least please try to take this seriously, ye ol' buffoons!

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Wonderful! We seem to be having a discussion about the Fires of Emblem.
This thread seems to be growing in popularity among users rather quickly.

AHEM.
My name is Sir Louis of G here chap.
A thousand pardons Sir Louis.

I say, good chaps, it's a fine day for a grand old discussion, eh sirs and or madams?
Good day Sir TaleOfRobert, we are having an intelligent discussion on the Fires of Emblem.

Anyways, For a Fires of Emblem newcomer, my opinion would go to any Magic-user (or "Mage" as some may call them). One I would prefer in particular would be Michaiah, who appeared in "Fire Emblem: Radiant Dawn."
Though I would also be fond of other "mages" like Tharja of Fire Emblem Awakening for the Nintendo 3DS.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
this place is weird :dizzy:

.........ew
OH please stay my good sir and or madam.

I say, I think you'll have the grandest of times here. Please stay and chat, how would you like your tea? with 2 spoonfuls of sugar perhaps?

I'm straight. Not gay, I'm sorry.
Same here my good fellow, I assume everyone here is straight as an arrow?... oh hohohohoho.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I must go my good fellows.
Until we meet again, I must be off.
I am hoping this, "thread", is not locked by the morrow.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
this place is weird :dizzy:

.........ew
It seems we have a simpleton in our midst.
I ask you on behalf of all of us gentlemen to please exit the thread.
Thank you, and have a good day.
*tips hat*

I am here to cause chaos and ruin this thread, look forward to this.
Lyn easily
DEM LEGS!
We shall make love with Roy and utterly destroy Chrom.
It seems as if you are purposely attempting make use feel upset and I rerun our fancy conversations.
I hope you realize this is "starting a flame war" and is such an act that can be reported to the authorities and can potentially have you removed from this website as a whole.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Good day Sir TaleOfRobert, we are having an intelligent discussion on the Fires of Emblem.
ah, Fires of Emblem. I remember the first time I laid my eyes on 'at one, tis be a fine gem.

anywhom, I expect Roy to be making a wonderful appearance. he's such a fine young lad.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
The reveal of Rosalina has given me renewed hope for the actual possibility of the Happy Mask Salesman having a shot. Looking at a marketing perspective, Nintendo has been shoving Rosalina in everything they can lately, with Smash Bros being the ultimate hype bringer for any character. Nintendo has also been hinting heavily at a Majora's Mask remake, with multiple vague quotes, many references in A Link Between Worlds (including the mask itself hanging on Link's wall), and even Skull Kid being the first shown assist trophy for SSB4. It may be probable that the Salesman could enter the fray and be shown when they decide to reveal the MM remake, with Skull Kid not making the cut, the Salesman is the next logical choice. He would provide a very unique moveset whilst being a "WTF" character, as Sakurai seems to enjoy adding. /shameless propaganda.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
I must go my good fellows.
Until we meet again, I must be off.
I am hoping this, "thread", is not locked by the morrow.
I bid you a good night Sir Louis!

Here, before you go, have some tea and a scone.
image.jpg

And do try some of Lord Chandelure's caviar,
It is top-notch.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
I'm straight. Not gay, I'm sorry.
it was still disturbing pal .......
OH please stay my good sir and or madam.

I say, I think you'll have the grandest of times here. Please stay and chat, how would you like your tea? with 2 spoonfuls of sugar perhaps?

Same here my good fellow, I assume everyone here is straight as a arrow?... oh hohohohoho.
it is madam my good friend hehehe.
i would like my tea with no sugar and as black as an Irish sea, on this tale of an fire of emblems discussion i believe lyndis comes in fitst. with the gandar merchant anna coming in right behind.
but that old boy chrom shall burn. you hear my fellow chaps?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
I say, I muust leave as well, for Sir louie of G has my pocketwatch and I must simply have it back.

Goodbye good sirs *tips hat* I expect this thread to be locked on the morrow.

Now off I go to my noble steed, Sir Horse. TALLY-HO!

Lol this was dumb, but still had fun... I think

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I bid you a good night Sir Louis!

Here, before you go, have some tea and a scone.
View attachment 5372
And do try some of Lord Chandelure's caviar,
It is top-notch.
oh, you hath bring thy scones? I was unaware, and brought my own to share! oh goody, that rhymed!

now we hath too many, tis a shame, these scones going to waste like this.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
W
The reveal of Rosalina has given me renewed hope for the actual possibility of the Happy Mask Salesman having a shot. Looking at a marketing perspective, Nintendo has been shoving Rosalina in everything they can lately, with Smash Bros being the ultimate hype bringer for any character. Nintendo has also been hinting heavily at a Majora's Mask remake, with multiple vague quotes, many references in A Link Between Worlds (including the mask itself hanging on Link's wall), and even Skull Kid being the first shown assist trophy for SSB4. It may be probable that the Salesman could enter the fray and be shown when they decide to reveal the MM remake, with Skull Kid not making the cut, the Salesman is the next logical choice. He would provide a very unique moveset whilst being a "WTF" character, as Sakurai seems to enjoy adding. /shameless propaganda.
While this is not on topic of our current Emblems of Fire discussion, I do beliee I should respond fairly.
I do agree that the Nintendo Kingdom has been very pro-Majora's Mask lately, Skull Kid is their only hint for the game.
As I promptly stated before, Lord Sakurai's outlook seems to be to take character with interesting and unique possibilities.
If Lord Sakurai wishes to add a newcomer from the land of Termina, it should be Masked Link; a character who transforms from Link of the Dekus, Link of the Gorons, and Link of the Zoras.
This would offer many unique possibilities.

Natz~

Full of Hugs and Fire~
It seems we have a simpleton in our midst.
I ask you on behalf of all of us gentlemen to please exit the thread.
Thank you, and have a good day.
i am no simpleton fellow, im here to enjoy our fellow discussion of the tales of fire of emblems. now where is my no sugar Irish tea i ask you baboon, i expect it here before this very meeting ends fellow

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
W
While this is not on topic of our current Emblems of Fire discussion, I do beliee I should respond fairly.
I do agree that the Nintendo Kingdom has been very pro-Majora's Mask lately, Skull Kid is their only hint for the game.
As I promptly stated before, Lord Sakurai's outlook seems to be to take character with interesting and unique possibilities.
If Lord Sakurai wishes to add a newcomer from the land of Termina, it should be Masked Link; a character who transforms from Link of the Dekus, Link of the Gorons, and Link of the Zoras.
This would offer many unique possibilities.
A third Link would likely be off-putting, and Sakurai has said that the second Link is mostly because he feels a child Link is important. The Mask Salesman could very well bring a unique moveset to the table, whilst also using the coveted transformation masks and a few other masks as well. If you need convincing on a moveset, I have a fleshed out one in my thread over here: Masked Eccentrics - Happy Mask Salesman Thread Do please leave any feedback you might have.

In regards to Fire Emblem, I believe Ike should return, and possibly Roy. If not Roy, perhaps Lyndis, or even the avatar Robin from Awakening. Thatja would be great.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
i am no simpleton fellow, im here to enjoy our fellow discussion of the tales of fire of emblems. now where is my no sugar Irish tea i ask you baboon, i expect it here before this very meeting ends fellow
A thousand pardons, here is your no sugar Irish Tea.
image.jpg

I say, I muust leave as well, for Sir louie of G has my pocketwatch and I must simply have it back.

Goodbye good sirs *tips hat* I expect this thread to be locked on the morrow.

Now off I go to my noble steed, Sir Horse. TALLY-HO!

Lol this was dumb, but still had fun... I think
Good day Sir Zero, I bid you farewell.

Sir Zero brought up a very valid point, I do hope te authorities do not lock this thread.
We have held a more intelligent conversation in 44 minutes than that filthy Roster Prediction Siscussion Thread has held in many weeks.
Am I right gentlemen?

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
First off, any gentleman that sits in front of her computer isn't much of a gentleman if you ask me, and secondly... just no.

If you want a place for "intelligent discussion" try amending the regular discussion thread. Any stupidness there can and has already carried over here, and we don't need two threads that serve the exact same intended purpose. I mean, other than the fact that this one is also a thinly-veiled joke thread.

I'm sorry but you gentlemen will just have to carry your caviar, tea, and scones back to the commoner's discussion thread from whence you came, where you may still act like pompous fools as long as you stay on topic. :smirk:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom