• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Geno Case

Status
Not open for further replies.

The-Judge

Banned via Administration
Of all the likely characters to join Brawl... Ridley was already unlikely, but not imposible to fit in, but only due to his popularity. But why GENO!?
Why such a random and unknown character? He was a character in a Mario RPG and havent been heard from since. Why did fans start to want a character with so minimal chances to join?
And did they even believe it would happen?

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Geno's last game he was in was in 2003...

Do your research before you post

...and because Geno is awesome

The-Judge

Which game was he in?
And why consider him before much more wellknown characters, like Waluigi, Baby Mario Bros., Bowser Jr. and so on? Did you ever believe he had a chance?

I wouldnt have a problem with Geno joining, he is okay, but his chances never existed.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Which game was he in?
And why consider him before much more wellknown characters, like Waluigi, Baby Mario Bros., Bowser Jr. and so on? Did you ever believe he had a chance?

I wouldnt have a problem with Geno joining, he is okay, but his chances never existed.
Well he did have 5 mentions in Sakurai's journal...

What the hell does it matter now...he's not in the game

Now end this now

The-Judge

Well he did have 5 mentions in Sakurai's journal...

What the hell does it matter now...he's not in the game

Now end this now
He did? Well, as long as characters like Wario existed, he never stood a chance, as the game should not be overflowed with Mario characters.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
He did? Well, as long as characters like Wario existed, he never stood a chance, as the game should not be overflowed with Mario characters.
Yes, he really did...

All the other Mario choices sucked anyway...

...and Geno is awesome

Nitesever

Smash Cadet
Of all the likely characters to join Brawl... Ridley was already unlikely, but not imposible to fit in, but only due to his popularity. But why GENO!?
Why such a random and unknown character? He was a character in a Mario RPG and havent been heard from since. Why did fans start to want a character with so minimal chances to join?
And did they even believe it would happen?
Welcome to two weeks ago.

SuperMajinLink 287

Smash Lord
Geno was a man among men... well, spirit controlled puppet in this case, but still, Geno was an amazing character with great potential.

Unfortunately, he did not make the cut due to license issues.

The-Judge

Yes, he really did...

All the other Mario choices sucked anyway...

...and Geno is awesome
Maybe, but you believed the game would have more than one new Mario character?
It already got:
-Mario
-Luigi
-Bowser
-Peach
-Yoshi
One more character would just be aceptable. And who should it be?

Wario with his own series of games, long history of Mario appearances and weird persona?
Or Geno, who appeared as a character in a oneshot RPG, great or not.

He never stood a realistic chance.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Maybe, but you believed the game would have more than one new Mario character?
It already got:
-Mario
-Luigi
-Bowser
-Peach
-Yoshi
One more character would just be aceptable. And who should it be?

Wario with his own series of games, long history of Mario appearances and weird persona?
Or Geno, who appeared as a character in a oneshot RPG, great or not.

He never stood a realistic chance.
Yoshi is a Yoshi character

and 5 Mario characters wasn't unrealistic since Melee had 5

Yes, he really did have a chance because he had more mentions than any other character in Sakurai's journal except Dedede...

Your wrong...

But he's not in so who cares

Now end this...

The-Judge

Yoshi is a Yoshi character

and 5 Mario characters wasn't unrealistic since Melee had 5

Yes, he really did have a chance because he had more mentions than any other character in Sakurai's journal except Dedede...

Your wrong...

But he's not in so who cares

Now end this...
A Goomba is more wellknown than Geno and would have a bigger chance, sadly. But anyways, i got my answers, fanboyism didnt defeated logic.

zephyrnereus

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1048-9153-4450
Geno was considered a 3rd party, so he wouldn't have taken Nintendo character spots.
Out of the Japaneses character suggestion thread Sakurai had, all the top 10 characters appear in Brawl except for one, Geno who was number 1 in the most wanted list.

Geno had such a big chance, that he was probably already in the game, but Square decided to take him out...

Geno has way more fans than haters, so it wouldn't be a good idea to fight against him...

besides, Geno is cool. I recommend you to play Super Mario RPG to see how cool he is...

The-Judge

Geno was considered a 3rd party, so he wouldn't have taken Nintendo character spots.
Out of the Japaneses character suggestion thread Sakurai had, all the top 10 characters appear in Brawl except for one, Geno who was number 1 in the most wanted list.

Geno had such a big chance, that he was probably already in the game, but Square decided to take him out...

Geno has way more fans than haters, so it wouldn't be a good idea to fight against him...

besides, Geno is cool. I recommend you to play Super Mario RPG to see how cool he is...
I have played Super Mario RPG on Emulator, but shortly after i got Mallow, my computer was formated and i never really bothered again.

And third party or not, Geno is a Mario character, which we already got many of.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
A Goomba is more wellknown than Geno and would have a bigger chance, sadly. But anyways, i got my answers, fanboyism didnt defeated logic.
Rob, G&W, Ice Climbers, Pit, Ness (to a lesser extent)

When you see it...

The-Judge

Rob, G&W, Ice Climbers, Pit, Ness (to a lesser extent)

When you see it...
ROB and G&W were just in as a surprise, something no one expected. Through believe it or not, I thought ROB would be in for some reason... Maybe it was his appearance in Mario Kart? Lol.

Earthboundfans is downed by Nintendo at every oppurtunity, so its only fair Ness is in.

Pit & Ice Climbers are more wellknown than Geno.

But dont get me wrong, I would have no problem with Geno being in.

limitbreak

Smash Ace
The Geno thing is old. But in any case I have to agree, half of the Geno "Fans" were just jumping on the bandwagon as soon as they had the chance. Losers.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
ROB and G&W were just in as a surprise, something no one expected. Through believe it or not, I thought ROB would be in for some reason... Maybe it was his appearance in Mario Kart? Lol.

Earthboundfans is downed by Nintendo at every oppurtunity, so its only fair Ness is in.

Pit & Ice Climbers are more wellknown than Geno.

But dont get me wrong, I would have no problem with Geno being in.
No they're not
Geno was in a game bigger than both of those. They're MAYBE just as popular, but no way more popular.

EB is downed by Nintendo at every opportunity? What? That doesn't make sense to me o.O

Rob and GaW both got in being nowhere near as popular. Sakurai has a thing with putting in some random and lesser-known characters. Still, he's not in, many people aren't in, so let's drop this mmk? He's awesome, got many mentions, and is a cult classic...favorite...thing. But he didn't make it. The end.

The-Judge

No they're not
Geno was in a game bigger than both of those. They're MAYBE just as popular, but no way more popular.

EB is downed by Nintendo at every opportunity? What? That doesn't make sense to me o.O

Rob and GaW both got in being nowhere near as popular. Sakurai has a thing with putting in some random and lesser-known characters. Still, he's not in, many people aren't in, so let's drop this mmk? He's awesome, got many mentions, and is a cult classic...favorite...thing. But he didn't make it. The end.
ROB and G&W are just dumb. Cant deny that.

Earthbound fans are given nothing from Nintendo. No translated Earthbound 0, no translated Earthbound 3, and Ness was the only addition to Smash Bros. That they added Lucas and Ness just made it fair in Brawl.

Geno is popular now because of his fans starting some uproar to have him in Brawl. Before, more people knew who Pit and Ice Climbers were. They both had classic games as MAINCHARACTERS, and deserved a spot.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
Geno is popular now because of his fans starting some uproar to have him in Brawl. Before, more people knew who Pit and Ice Climbers were. They both had classic games as MAINCHARACTERS, and deserved a spot.
No, that is not true. Geno was in a bigger game, was more well known. Maybe not as talked about, but more well known at that. And I never said GaW/Rob were dumb, I just said they made it in without being the most talked about beings on the planet (though Rob is dumb :D).

And for all the people who jumped on the bandwagon: GOOD FOR THEM. They've been introduced to an awesome character and a new game, which they happen to like. Don't associate the looney ones with geno, this is the internet, this is brawl(SPARTA!), crazies tend to pop up in these situations.

Equinox076

Smash Apprentice
No, that is not true. Geno was in a bigger game, was more well known. Maybe not as talked about, but more well known at that. And I never said GaW/Rob were dumb, I just said they made it in without being the most talked about beings on the planet (though Rob is dumb :D).

And for all the people who jumped on the bandwagon: GOOD FOR THEM. They've been introduced to an awesome character and a new game, which they happen to like. Don't associate the looney ones with geno, this is the internet, this is brawl(SPARTA!), crazies tend to pop up in these situations.
I kinda agree, I mean, if it wasn't for geno, I would never have known about Super Mario RPG (I live outside Japan and the US)

Geno still had no chance though...

Cos he's a ******** puppet

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I kinda agree, I mean, if it wasn't for geno, I would never have known about Super Mario RPG (I live outside Japan and the US)

Geno still had no chance though...

Cos he's a ******** puppet
Your a ******** puppet

Jazzy Jinx

♥♪!?
The only thing against Geno is his third party status. Otherwise, he was a shoe-in. Don't believe me? Here's why:

- Rumored SMRPG Remake (very likely)
- Rumored SMRPG Sequel (less likely)

Both of those would be footing for Geno to get in as it would mean he could be placed in for advertisement the same way Roy was. The remake is highly likely. The sequel, not as much. And both of the rumors have a semi-official root so it wasn't just some guy making up those rumors. It's highly likely we'll get a remake. I wouldn't doubt the sequel rumor either.

- SMRPG was the first Mario RPG

Face it, Mario RPGs are starting to become a big part of the Mario franchise. There are more Mario RPGs than there are 3D Mario platformers. Paper Mario was insprired from SMRPG and was originally intended to be a sequel. And the Mario RPGs have been widely successful and well-recieved. Being in the game that kicked that genre off definitely increases his chances.

You can check this out for more information on its impact on the gaming and Mario industries: http://www.smrpglegacy.com/index.php?p=v7-smrpg10impact

- 5 mentions on Sakurai's Journal

Implies Sakurai was interested in the character. The music alone would have been a very nice addition as it's widely remixed. If Sakurai shows interest in a character, then it's likely for that character to get in, in some form.

- Easy/Unique moveset

His moveset would have been very unique and would be easy to create. Also, it would have brought a different play style to Brawl much like Olimar did. The simple fact that he would be unique and impossible to be a clone should have increased his chances beyond that of other clones like Dr. Mario.

The ONLY thing that destroyed it all was his third party status. Otherwise you can gurantee that he would have been in.

ti83pop

Smash Journeyman
The only thing against Geno is his third party status. Otherwise, he was a shoe-in. Don't believe me? Here's why:

Both of those would be footing for Geno to get in as it would mean he could be placed in for advertisement the same way Roy was. The remake is highly likely. The sequel, not as much. And both of the rumors have a semi-official root so it wasn't just some guy making up those rumors. It's highly likely we'll get a remake. I wouldn't doubt the sequel rumor either.

Face it, Mario RPGs are starting to become a big part of the Mario franchise. There are more Mario RPGs than there are 3D Mario platformers. Paper Mario was insprired from SMRPG and was originally intended to be a sequel. And the Mario RPGs have been widely successful and well-recieved. Being in the game that kicked that genre off definitely increases his chances.

You can check this out for more information on its impact on the gaming and Mario industries: http://www.smrpglegacy.com/index.php?p=v7-smrpg10impact

Implies Sakurai was interested in the character. The music alone would have been a very nice addition as it's widely remixed. If Sakurai shows interest in a character, then it's likely for that character to get in, in some form.

- Easy/Unique moveset

His moveset would have been very unique and would be easy to create. Also, it would have brought a different play style to Brawl much like Olimar did. The simple fact that he would be unique and impossible to be a clone should have increased his chances beyond that of other clones like Dr. Mario.

The ONLY thing that destroyed it all was his third party status. Otherwise you can gurantee that he would have been in.
Nice, but you seem to forget that possibly being a clone DOES help you out >_>

lol I wuz trolld by master trulllll

The-Judge

- Easy/Unique moveset

That is good and all. But you forgot about Mallow. If they included Geno, they would have to include Mallow aswell, as Geno is not more important than him. Some characs just comes in packages.

PsychoIncarnate

NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
That is good and all. But you forgot about Mallow. If they included Geno, they would have to include Mallow aswell, as Geno is not more important than him. Some characs just comes in packages.
Apparently your some well known troll or something but I'll answer you anyway...

No one cares about Mallow because he cries himself to sleep and cut's his wrist

The-Judge

Apparently your some well known troll or something but I'll answer you anyway...

No one cares about Mallow because he cries himself to sleep and cut's his wrist
I am wellknown, but I was never a troll. I just acted like a fool to get a Encyclopedia Dramatica page:laugh: No one cares about Mallow, true, but he is just as important as Geno.

Silverline

Smash Apprentice
Mallow really didn't have that whole 'loner, mysterious character' vibe that Geno had, so Geno was often more popular. Frankly, I'm not surprised about the fact that either of them didn't make it, as much as I would have liked it, but with Square owning the character and never using it.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom