• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Genius Skell Engineer: Lin (No XCX spoilers, please!)

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
THREAD UNDER CONSTRUCTION

Who is Lin?
Lin is one of the main protagonists of Xenoblade Chronicles X who has the utmost honor of having the sacred Monado... on her head as a hairpin. She is a member of the Outfitters division within the BLADE organization who specializes in the development of the Skells. Her battle class is the Shield Trooper and her two weapons of choice are the Shield and the Gatling Gun.

What would her fighting style be like?
As in the game of her origin, she would be a highly defensive character unlike Elma who is offense-oriented.

Dat face tho.

Get out of here!

BLADE Members (aka Support List)
1. Bebe Mignon Bebe Mignon

Last edited:

Altais

Smash Champion
Starbase, where no turtle has gone before.
Lin would be unique in that unlike the majority of the Smash cast, she could have a defense-based moveset. While standing still, her sheild could be like Link's, only it covers her entire front and has no recoil--kind of like Pit's mirror sheild in Brawl, sans the reflective properties. But as a price, it would break eventually and would take time to repair.

Personally, I am hoping Lin and Elma appear in Project X Zone 2 as a pair.

Bebe Mignon

Smash Ace
Lin would be unique in that unlike the majority of the Smash cast, she could have a defense-based moveset. While standing still, her sheild could be like Link's, only it covers her entire front and has no recoil--kind of like Pit's mirror sheild in Brawl, sans the reflective properties. But as a price, it would break eventually and would take time to repair.

Personally, I am hoping Lin and Elma appear in Project X Zone 2 as a pair.
About time someone commented!

That's a very interesting idea about her potential moveset. I believe one of her battle art consists of her somehow scraping the dimensional space with her shield, leaving a hole of void. That would be one of her offensive attacks.

slambros

Smash Ace
I don't even know if there are that many defensive characters in Smash to begin with.

Yeah, I'd totally accept this girl as a playable character.

Top Bottom