• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Gates of Hell: Bayonetta Social Thread

PF9

Smash Lord
I just finished beating the second boss in the first game. I stopped playing for now after that because the Famous Idaho Potato Bowl is coming up.

I wonder how Bayonetta would react to meeting the Satanic woodland critters from South Park. (I'm gonna watch that episode every Xmas, a tradition I started last year.)

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I didn't die once to the Final Boss of Bayo 1 but I probably died 10+ times to Grace & Glory/Gracious & Glorious. Fairness and Fearless are awful too.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I didn't die once to the Final Boss of Bayo 1 but I probably died 10+ times to Grace & Glory/Gracious & Glorious. Fairness and Fearless are awful too.
You know a game is hard (and also backwards as hell) when common enemies are harder than the final boss.

Also Fearless and Fairness are awful to deal with too.

David Viran

Smash Lord
I hate grace and glory/gracious and glorious. I went through the first 5 chapters on easy and thought it was, well, too easy. So I ramped it up to normal and the first chapter I played was when grace and glory fist showed up. I was scared the rest of the game was gonna be like that.

Last edited:

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I can't even go through the Prologue of the first game on Hard without dying.

Why does the game send Grace and Glory that early whyyyyy

FullMoon

i'm just joking with you
NNID
INFullMoon
I remember that when I got to the part where you have to do 3 Torture Attack, I thought it was going to be quick and easy

Then I found out that the only enemy in that segment are Grace and Glory

That's when I realized that I should be sticking to Normal lol.

Burgundy

kick kick
NNID
SuperSableye24
3DS FC
5456-0591-6968
I actually beat the final chapter on Infinite Climax x-x Unfortunatly I died once but I didn't want to retry because I got PP on then Muspelheim after like 20 tries omg

I got a Silver award, and Silver on the actual boss.

Last edited:

TippingScales

Smash Rookie
NNID
OrionRedPanda
3DS FC
0404-6223-9305
For some reason I always found grace and glory not that hard, I mean yeh, they are hard but Dodge offset always saves me.

tbh the actual first time I saw them I was killed 5 times in a row lol, but other times they where annoying, but didnt die with them.
I always have problems with fearless tho :C.

PF9

Smash Lord
One thing is for certain. If Bayonetta ever runs into the Cullens...she would take them out.

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
Grace/Glory and Gracious and Glorious especially are much easier with the Moon of Mahaa-Kalaa. You can enter Witch Time if you block an attack correctly. Its an expensive trinket though, but extremely useful.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
The Moon is the best accessory in the game, to the point that I basically only consider one accessory swappable.

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
I made some palette swaps for the Corrin social a few days ago so I figured I would sit down and make some for Cereza today. Jeanne's colors took forever to do compared to the other palettes. I may do the Bayonetta 1 style if I can find a good base render for it.

Edit: fixed a few details I missed.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I made some palette swaps for the Corrin social a few days ago so I figured I would sit down and make some for Cereza today. Jeanne's colors took forever to do compared to the other palettes. I may do the Bayonetta 1 style if I can find a good base render for it.

Ooooh, I approve~ Nice job~

EDIT: Speaking of which, why haven't we gotten a render for Bayo 1 Bayonetta? We got renders for male and female Corrin, so what gives?

Last edited:

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
The Moon is the best accessory in the game, to the point that I basically only consider one accessory swappable.
Indeed. It makes the Gracious/Glorious, Jeanne and the two Fathers actually beatable on the Harder difficulties.

That said, Ive always been at a loss as to what to use for a second accessory. I generally only use the Moon in playthroughs.

Champ Gold

Smash Scrublord
3DS FC
1779-2820-4833
Switch FC
SW-1452-9841-1035
That Jeanne fight is a ***** but yet much easier that the second and third Vergil fight in DMC3

「 Derk 」

4th times the charm...
NNID
D3RK-SSB4
Switch FC
SW-6389-5985-3965
Ooooh, I approve~ Nice job~

EDIT: Speaking of which, why haven't we gotten a render for Bayo 1 Bayonetta? We got renders for male and female Corrin, so what gives?
They only make multiple renders if there is a gender difference for a character. Characters like Cloud, Bayonetta, and Little Mac only have 1 render even though they have multiple appearances.

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wait until the three Jeannes in the Lost Chapter.

As for accessories, I generally use Pulley's Butterfly. It's the best for avoiding accidental damage that ruins ranks.

TippingScales

Smash Rookie
NNID
OrionRedPanda
3DS FC
0404-6223-9305
The sad part is that If they drain your magic, may take a while to get filled up.

Got badly damaged with balder thanks to the butterflies :c.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930

These are awesome, especially the Jeanne palette!:4bayonetta:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
They only make multiple renders if there is a gender difference for a character. Characters like Cloud, Bayonetta, and Little Mac only have 1 render even though they have multiple appearances.
Cloud's render is actually different between his normal and Advent Children costumes. There's not much of a difference, but still a difference. That said, I suppose you're right. I just feel like the Bayo 1 costume should have a different render.

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
Wait until the three Jeannes in the Lost Chapter
Not looking forward to it. Could be worst though, three Father Balders anyone :p In fact, how about three sets of Gracious and Glorious at once

That said Ive taken a brake from Bayonetta 1 to play 2. Im missing all of the 'Stay in the air' Alfheims, I really cant work out how to stay in the air for 30seconds

Last edited:

Zajice

BRoomer
BRoomer
It's really easy. Just use the Kulshedra whip, pull an enemy in (hold X I think), jump off their head, repeat over and over. Take guns off your feet so you don't shoot things to death when you jump.

Last edited:

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
It's really easy. Just use the Kulshedra whip, pull an enemy in (hold X I think), jump off their head, repeat over and over. Take guns off your feet so you don't shoot things to death when you jump.
Yknow, thats a lot easier than the stuff I was trying. Feel a bit stupid now aha

D

Deleted member

I LOVE IT!:drflip:

Lakuto

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Lakutos
To, random question: If they ever do Bayonetta 3, what gun color would you be most comfortable with?
I'm personally balancing between yellow and purple (I can't really see her with green imo).

PF9

Smash Lord
Anyone else have trouble with Route 66? I had to attempt Verse 4 so many times before I finally made it.

CrimsonRick117

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CrimsonRick117
3DS FC
1392-5848-4597
That Jeanne fight is a ***** but yet much easier that the second and third Vergil fight in DMC3
Well i guess since i played DMC3 a lot so it wasn't that hard for me to beat Vergil, but my first time through yeah Jeanne and Vergil were a pain in the ***. For some reason i had a harder time playing through Bayonetta 2 then the first.

TippingScales

Smash Rookie
NNID
OrionRedPanda
3DS FC
0404-6223-9305
To, random question: If they ever do Bayonetta 3, what gun color would you be most comfortable with?
I'm personally balancing between yellow and purple (I can't really see her with green imo).
If its not purple it might be orange.

FeenieTheTrite

Smash Journeyman
Sorry i'm late to the party, I haven't posted anything on Bayonetta since the ballot support days. I just can't believe Bayonetta made it to Smash! I supported her, and she was even one of my most wanted newcomers, but I thought it was almost impossible! And I can't believe how faithful she is to her original games, I was expecting her to be much more toned down then she was. I'm very happy with how Bayonetta seems to be shaping up in Smash!

Also, did anyone else think that some of ZSS's new animations were a little bit similar to Bayonetta? Not only that, but ZSS's rocket heels looked like they may have been inspired by Bayonetta's heel guns. Probably just a coincidence, but a couple months ago, they inspired me to use the screenshot editor in Smash to edit a screenshot of ZSS, thinking that this would be the closest we would ever get to Bayonetta in Smash:

Original screenshot:

Last edited:

deepseadiva

Bodybuilding Magical Girl
3DS FC
1779-0766-2622
Sorry i'm late to the party, I haven't posted anything on Bayonetta since the ballot support days. I just can't believe Bayonetta made it to Smash! I supported her, and she was even one of my most wanted newcomers, but I thought it was almost impossible! And I can't believe how faithful she is to her original games, I was expecting her to be much more toned down then she was. I'm very happy with how Bayonetta seems to be shaping up in Smash!

Also, did anyone else think that some of ZSS's new animations were a little bit similar to Bayonetta? Not only that, but ZSS's rocket heels looked like they may have been inspired by Bayonetta's heel guns. Probably just a coincidence, but a couple months ago, they inspired me to use the screenshot editor in Smash to edit a screenshot of ZSS, thinking that this would be the closest we would ever get to Bayonetta in Smash:

Original screenshot:
That moment when you get into Smash and this ***** is wearing the same heels
http://shadebutton.com

BJN39

Smash Data Ranger
Ever since like, that April 8th direct before the game's release (iirc that was when ZSS was revealed.) I've thought her revamps were straight up Bayonetta references.

Then the game was released and there were even more Bayonetta-esque movements. (She even had THE beauty mark on ha face.) I supposed this was their compensation for not being able to get Bayonetta in smash.

Welp, sorry ZSS, now you're just a cheap Bayonetta knockoff :secretkpop:

...http://shadebutton.com OML this is perfecT deepseadiva deepseadiva

Last edited:

PF9

Smash Lord
What are everyone's headcanons regarding the Bayonetta character? My headcanon is that she is a lone wolf, rejects socializing, friendships, and romance, and pretty much hates everyone and everything.

Here are some scenarios in this regard:

Bayonetta eats a Chips Ahoy! cookie, and then immediately spits it out saying, "how dare they call this a chocolate chip cookie? That kind of cookie is supposed to be soft and chewy!" (I actually like Chips Ahoy! myself, this is just what Bayo would think of them)

Bayonetta bumps into Danica Patrick and then goes on to say she's not that good an auto racer, and curses at her. A feud is born.

Top Bottom