• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Ganonic Grimoire - Kongregation of Kings

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
One of my friends was good (in the evil sense) enough to donate his capture card to me. That means that once I get my hands on a console, a stream will soon follow... :4ganondorf:

It'll be like that episode of Rocko's Modern Life where Heffer is damned to an eternity of watching Rocko's suffering livestreamed.

Last edited:

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
One of my friends was good (in the evil sense) enough to donate his capture card to me. That means that once I get my hands on a console, a stream will soon follow... :4ganondorf:

It'll be like that episode of Rocko's Modern Life where Heffer is damned to an eternity of watching Rocko's suffering livestreamed.
This console, when will it be purchased/acquired/stolen/donated/taken from a little kid?

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
This console, when will it be purchased/acquired/stolen/donated/taken from a little kid?
Depending on your perspective, all of these. It if force can be considered currency, then it will most definitely be purchased.

Well... maybe I'll just buy one like a normal Ganon.

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
Depending on your perspective, all of these. It if force can be considered currency, then it will most definitely be purchased.

Well... maybe I'll just buy one like a normal Ganon.
It'll be nice to beat you in HD

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
Wow, it's like the line for the world's best (and most painful) amusement park ride. Come one, come all, hop onto Verm's Villanous Versus Vortex! You must be this evil to ride.

Too bad for you guys, my dad is one of the top executives of Walt Doomsney World.

Last edited:

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
Yo that'd be hella cool if you did viewer battles with members of the ganon boards.

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Ahhh Verm you greaser this I did not expect:

You swine! You dare show disrespect to me amidst our peers?! For this you will pay Koskinator. When my Wii U arrives we will have a best of 7 set which will be livestreamed for all the Ganons to witness; witness the destruction of you! In fact I know you stand no chance so I will be wagering my mod powers, you may claim them as your own if you can defeat me! Thats a big if though pilgrim.
Prepare yourselves ganon boards for I shall soon rule you all with an iron fist

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
That is the evil throne usurping villainy that only a true Ganon could do. NICE KOSK!

Last edited:

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Gonna need Verm's confirmation on this. In the meantime I'll be here trying to stop my laughter. The thought of Verm actually saying this is killing me :joyful:

Last edited:

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
Btw, new avatar. I've been on a Tolkien binge lately and thought this would be a cool one to try out.

Now if only I could figure out how to crop it on SB mobile...

Last edited:

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
I said it alright, but it was in modern modern standard Hylian, which might post-date old Kosk a bit, so lemme clean up the translation. I mean, you could get into philology and all that and play semantics with the word-for-word translations, but the basic idea was more along the lines of:

"Kosk, it's late, go to bed"; if we want to be <really> pedantic about the stems of certain nouns, we could translate the final word as "pilgrim" in a sense, but it's closer to "pedestrian."

"Kosk, it's late, go to bed you pedestrian."

Last edited:

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
I said it alright, but it was in modern modern standard Hylian, which might post-date old Kosk a bit, so lemme clean up the translation. I mean, you could get into philology and all that and play semantics with the word-for-word translations, but the basic idea was more along the lines of:

"Kosk, it's late, go to bed"; if we want to be <really> pedantic about the stems of certain nouns, we could translate the final word as "pilgrim" in a sense, but it's closer to "pedestrian."

He's more familiar with proto-Hylian, spoken when Demise was but a wee babe.

Last edited:

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692

And now translated to Kosk language:
"Fight me ya ****".

Last edited:

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
He is. And you whippersnappers better be shakin in ur crocs
Im gonna whip these boards into shape
Not gonna be easy street with old verm anymore
Im not messin around
You ****s

Vermanubis

King of Evil
BRoomer
NNID
Vermanubis
3DS FC
1564-2185-4386
He is. And you whippersnappers better be shakin in ur crocs
Im gonna whip these boards into shape
Not gonna be easy street with old verm anymore
Im not messin around
You ****s
Kosk, it's late, go to bed, you pedestrian.

Last edited:

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
I don't think I have an issue with Rick moderating the forums.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
I remember Kosk rap battled swoops

I don't even like rap but I want to see what verm would come up with lol

Koskinator

Smash Lord
3DS FC
3308-4564-8881
Yo i know this little germ named vermanubis
Ima make him squirm call him wormanubis
That suckers got slightly sub satisfactory smash skills like where'd ya learn to do this?

And hes a little brat who thinks that steve erkels rad
Ima leave him mad crushed bruised broken hurtin sad
Im in glorious hd verm
You keep fumblin with that circle pad ;)

_Magus_

Smash Lord
NNID
DeadlyTaco
3DS FC
1306-7596-5996
A Tolkien binge? I'll give you ten internets if you can correctly translate my name.
In Noldorin your name would roughly translate to "from the violence of the rushing river"

Narog - adj. "violence (of a river, torrential)"

Hin - prep. for "from"

Could also be literally "From the Narog river"

The Silmarillion is so good. Oromë is the man.

Last edited:

Naroghin

Smash Ace
NNID
Naroghin
In Noldorin your name would roughly translate to "from the violence of the rushing river"

Narog - adj. "violence (of a river, torrential)"

Hin - prep. for "from"

Could also be literally "From the Narog river"

The Silmarillion is so good. Oromë is the man.
Or in Sindarin (simplified for brevity): "Fire Demon's Child." Naur - Flame, Raug - Demon, Hin - Child.

I'll still give you ten internets, though, because the translation you found more closely uses this actual spelling, and the Narog River's name is stated to mean "violent" and "rushing" in the etymologies. I'm not sure about the "hin" but I'll take your word for it. I haven't even opened the Silmarillion in over a year. We moved and I have it in a box somewhere.

So rather than clog this page with ten actual internets, enjoy this picture of a baby smoking a pipe.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Amusingly, while I was doing some more customization tests, I noticed that when Ganondorf is giant-sized, his Reverse Warlock Punch can pretty much 1-hit KO every normal-sized fighter, no matter how strong their defense boost is. Of course, my Ganondorf custom had +85 attack, so I never did test if this applies to default Ganondorf as well.

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
I remember one time I had a serious battle against my friend. We were on Pacland because lol and I had pushed they hydrant to make myself big. Despite him being at 60% stomp > Usmash was inescapable and I ended his life then and there

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Going to a tournament today and tomorrow. Planning on winning both.

Twitch.tv/blacktwins13

Last edited:
Top Bottom