• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social The Ganonic Grimoire - Kongregation of Kings

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
So I was watching aliigleed's montage, and seeing Ganon actually spike an opponent with the normal Down B was the most beautiful thing I've ever seen. It can't be easy to pull off, but does anyone know if this might be something we can set up?

I just started to love Ganon even more. Something I didn't think was possible
It´s a guaranteed spike at the beginning, then I believe it also spikes if they're under him. It stalls you in midair for a moment so if someone tries to hit you with a fast and small uair, like mario, they´ll miss and then get spiked. It´s extremely cool and satisfying, but the stomp is usually more useful because it´s a better combo tool, does more damage, launches people off when sour spotted, and is guaranteed out of a short footstool

Last edited:

Blobface

Smash Lord
NNID
everyone1 (Bob)
3DS FC
3454-0482-6740
If you successfully ledge trump someone and they immediately try to DJ back onstage, you can ledgehop and WIzkick to spike them backwards offstage to their death. This is particularly effective since even if they don't try to get back onstage immediately, you're still in a good position to punish their ledge regrab.

Last edited:

Z1GMA

Smash Hero
If you successfully ledge trump someone and they immediately try to DJ back onstage, you can ledgehop and WIzkick to spike them backwards offstage to their death. This is particularly effective since even if they don't try to get back onstage immediately, you're still in a good position to punish their ledge regrab.
Another cool thing is to read a ledgejump > footstool + insta airwiz.
(Only in friendlies, tho.)

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
Anyone feel like beating me in some dittos until I learn to git gud?

Hit another plateau recently, haven't felt like attending local tournaments until I step up my game and give 1st place a legitimate run for his money.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Another cool air wizkick use involves ledge trump->ledge hop air wizkick for a flashy stage spike if they regrab lol, you gotta time it right and you can then use your 2nd jump and not sd.

Also I beat Delaware's #5 player in tourney this Sunday, I was dorf and they were mm. Could've gone either way really. I had no idea he was ranked so I thought that was pretty interesting. It was a pretty far tourney we went to in PA, quite a few people from our biweekly tourneys were there too which was cool. I don't even remember if I posted about the tourney, if not then it had like 50ppl and I got 3rd going all dorf.

EDIT: I don't consider mirrors my strong point but we can wifi sometime Jile.

Last edited:

A2ZOMG

Smash Legend
NNID
A2ZOMG
Switch FC
SW 8400 1713 9427
Anyone feel like beating me in some dittos until I learn to git gud?

Hit another plateau recently, haven't felt like attending local tournaments until I step up my game and give 1st place a legitimate run for his money.
Did someone say Ganon dittos? Name a time later than noon on Thursday, and I guarantee you even today there's a lot you haven't seen me develop over time.

I feel your struggle though, I'm still aiming to actually start beating people on SoCal PR. I don't strictly think it's out of reach for me, but I have a lot to learn about my region still. Mostly high level player matchups at this point.

Last edited:

Garioshi

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Garioshi
3DS FC
2793-1760-2194
Damn you, jman.
I feel that we're about even, but I have the misfortune of wifi shenanigans to crush my spirit.
And come on, that Falcon combo was amazing.

jmanup85

Smash Journeyman
NNID
jmanup85
3DS FC
1633-4569-8126
Damn you, jman.
I feel that we're about even, but I have the misfortune of wifi shenanigans to crush my spirit.
And come on, that Falcon combo was amazing.
Not to say this as an insult but we're not even. My Link and Ganon outplayed you for the most part. Although that death I gave myself at the end was hilarious. You still have much to improve young one. I do think that Falcon was decent though. Kudos.

Last edited:

Swoops

Smash Lord
NNID
SwoopsTii
Consider yourself supported.

*likes post*

Hope you're playing in bracket on Sunday though so I can watch. Going to a tournament Saturday myself.

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Consider yourself supported.

*likes post*

Hope you're playing in bracket on Sunday though so I can watch. Going to a tournament Saturday myself.
Yep, the pools are this Saturday along with doubles (I'm teaming with my brother who's Ontario's number one player, we're planning on beating Ally-Holy with our Triforce of Power-Wisdom duo). Top 32 during Sunday.

And good luck with your tournament, you have my support!

Last edited:

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Everyone sparta kick some ass

Literally make your foot come out their mouth

Ray_Kalm

Smash Master
NNID
Ray_Kalm7
3DS FC
3626-0429-4546
Egeofficial is recording not streaming all matches.

I'll be sure to post my results here.

Stream possibly tomorrow though.

Last edited:

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
So I started applying the tipman in a more dedicated fashion while I was messing around on FG, and I was quite baffled as to why I never added this to my usual routine when I play. The amount of tipman > dair meteors I landed were so glorious.

randomguy1235

Smash Apprentice
So I started applying the tipman in a more dedicated fashion while I was messing around on FG, and I was quite baffled as to why I never added this to my usual routine when I play. The amount of tipman > dair meteors I landed were so glorious.
Yeah, tipman is one of Ganon's best edge guarding tools. Completely wrecks mediocre recovery characters without much effort.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 269706

Yo fellow Ganon mains, what's going on? I got a story for you guys, so listen up.

I'm a falcon main (if the avi wasn't obvious enough) and over the last few weeks I've kinda been losing my interest in smash. Not so much losing interest, but less motivated to get better and all that. Just kinda stuck in the same place and not enjoying the game as much. Well we have weeklies here at the uni I'm attending, and before we started the tourney I did a few ganon dittos with this kid who normally mains Pikachu. We pulled off some ridiculous ****, so I decided for this tourney I don't really care where I place so I'm gonna go Ganon all tourney (I normally am a total try hard being 6th in the PR so this was different for me).

First set of the tourney, I go against this ZSS player who normally bodies my Falcon (though my Ike has a positive record on him). ****. (Thinking back I have no idea how we got seated like this seeing as we both usually place top 10, I think he changed his name on challonge and didn't tell anyone?). You would think I'm going straight to losers, right? Nope, game one I clutch it out against him, game two I two stocked this ZSS with Ganon. Set two I go against this DeDeDe who just camped me out so I threw the set cause I don't wanna deal with that. Too impatient. I'm in losers, set three I go against this Shulk and I destroyed the kid. Managed to pull off a 0 to Death on him, then his second stock he messed up his recovery and I managed to get some mad disrespect on him, got a few spectators going crazy in the background. Kept going through losers, beat out a few yoshis (pulled off a warlock punch against one of them), a zelda (who only lost cause the player SDed twice, great player though), and ended up losing to a Rosalina player.

Ended up placing 7th and had a blast the entire way through. Oddly enough my PR rank went UP to 5th...I also money matched the two guys I lost to and won $5 from each of them after the tourney xD At the end of the day though, I haven't had this much fun with Sm4sh in a while, and it's all thanks to Ganondorf. Might legitimately pick him up as a secondary.

TL;DR - Soloed Ganon at a weekly, beat out a ton of players who I expected to lose to, got mad disrespect on multiple players, upped my PR rank to 5th, and had more fun with Sm4sh than I've had in a LONG time.

KenMeister

Smash Lord
NNID
KenMeister
3DS FC
3609-1224-8364
Yo fellow Ganon mains, what's going on? I got a story for you guys, so listen up.

I'm a falcon main (if the avi wasn't obvious enough) and over the last few weeks I've kinda been losing my interest in smash. Not so much losing interest, but less motivated to get better and all that. Just kinda stuck in the same place and not enjoying the game as much. Well we have weeklies here at the uni I'm attending, and before we started the tourney I did a few ganon dittos with this kid who normally mains Pikachu. We pulled off some ridiculous ****, so I decided for this tourney I don't really care where I place so I'm gonna go Ganon all tourney (I normally am a total try hard being 6th in the PR so this was different for me).

First set of the tourney, I go against this ZSS player who normally bodies my Falcon (though my Ike has a positive record on him). ****. (Thinking back I have no idea how we got seated like this seeing as we both usually place top 10, I think he changed his name on challonge and didn't tell anyone?). You would think I'm going straight to losers, right? Nope, game one I clutch it out against him, game two I two stocked this ZSS with Ganon. Set two I go against this DeDeDe who just camped me out so I threw the set cause I don't wanna deal with that. Too impatient. I'm in losers, set three I go against this Shulk and I destroyed the kid. Managed to pull off a 0 to Death on him, then his second stock he messed up his recovery and I managed to get some mad disrespect on him, got a few spectators going crazy in the background. Kept going through losers, beat out a few yoshis (pulled off a warlock punch against one of them), a zelda (who only lost cause the player SDed twice, great player though), and ended up losing to a Rosalina player.

Ended up placing 7th and had a blast the entire way through. Oddly enough my PR rank went UP to 5th...I also money matched the two guys I lost to and won $5 from each of them after the tourney xD At the end of the day though, I haven't had this much fun with Sm4sh in a while, and it's all thanks to Ganondorf. Might legitimately pick him up as a secondary.

TL;DR - Soloed Ganon at a weekly, beat out a ton of players who I expected to lose to, got mad disrespect on multiple players, upped my PR rank to 5th, and had more fun with Sm4sh than I've had in a LONG time.
Yeah, Ganon does that for people. I remember getting quite bored with my main for abit, and decided to just go Ganon on Anther's that whole night. Not a soul was left without disrespect.

Last edited:

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
Dorf is the most fun to play, it is as simple as that.

D

Deleted member 269706

Yeah, Ganon does that for people. I remember getting quite bored with my mains for abit, and decided to just go Ganon on Anther's that whole night. Not a soul was left without disrespect.
Yeah he's a freaking blast. You don't care about winning so much as you care about being flashy and showing off, and damn is it fun. I got the sweetest combo in Ganon dittos. I got him off stage, then used Wizard Foot (used on the edge of the stage to push him farther out), then read his jump and used flame chocked him way over in the left blast zone. It was ridiculously hype.

Dorf is the most fun to play, it is as simple as that.
Couldn't agree more. Until you get a spammer that is...

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
To be fair, spammers aren't playing to have fun. They just wanna win. Or they are terrible at the game. Depends where you run into them. On the bright side though, it makes beating that much more satisfying.

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
To be fair, spammers aren't playing to have fun. They just wanna win. Or they are terrible at the game. Depends where you run into them. On the bright side though, it makes beating that much more satisfying.
Yeah, I never understood that mentality, why are you playing this game if not to have fun. I get that some high level players need a paycheck but online and stuff who has fun because they won and not because the act of playing was fun.

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
Some types are a mystery. I tried it once, and I honestly didn't have any fun at all. Spamming is nothing but a bore-fest.

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Some types are a mystery. I tried it once, and I honestly didn't have any fun at all. Spamming is nothing but a bore-fest.
Wether it's fun or not isn't important, you gotta learn to deal with that kind of stuff (especially in tournaments).

adom4

Smash Lord
NNID
adom15510
3DS FC
3179-6434-6692
Needle spam is really good against Ganon, and there is actually nothing we can do about it LOL
It's frustrating but eventually she has to get close to get the kill, i found that the MU against Sheik got easier over time & while it's still one of our hardest MUs it's somewhat doable.

Last edited:

Scarlet Jile

Smash Lord
NNID
ScarletJile
She actually doesn't have to get close, that's the most infuriating thing. Time-outs are probably even the most viable strategy for Sheik vs. Ganon, and out of desperation, we will end up approaching. And we both know how that ends.

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
Yeah, I get impatient really easy so I go in when I really shouldn't and do stupid stuff, it´s probably also why I´m really bad at spamming, I just run in and get rekt, no more Pit for me.

verbatim

Smash Ace
It's frustrating but eventually she has to get close to get the kill, i found that the MU against Sheik got easier over time & while it's still one of our hardest MUs it's somewhat doable.
IMO Sheik's way "easier" to handle than Pikachu at a high level. She's still a pain but she's way easier to recover against and her combos actually link "worse" than "carry you from one side of FD to the other then jablock jablock upsmash".

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
IMO Sheik's way "easier" to handle than Pikachu at a high level. She's still a pain but she's way easier to recover against and her combos actually link "worse" than "carry you from one side of FD to the other then jablock jablock upsmash".
Yeah, my bad MU list goes:

A: Pika, Rosa, ZSS
B: Shiek, Sonic
C: Various spooky top tiers(Ryu, Falcon, Meta Knight Pac-Man, Luigi, ect.)
D: Goofy mid/low tiers with good MUs(Link, Duck Hunt, Marth, Mac, ect.)
E: Nice high tiers(Mario, Ness, ect.)
F: Wario
G: Low tiers that just can´t beat the power(Palutena, Bowser, ect.)

Gold_TSG

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Slyger_Magreiva
Wether it's fun or not isn't important, you gotta learn to deal with that kind of stuff (especially in tournaments).
Having fun is pretty important to me, since I don't play for competition.

Theosmeo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
LastOfTheM
3DS FC
0576-7286-5643
Top Bottom