• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Smash 3DS The game is mediocre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vintage Creep

Smash Master
NNID
VintageCreep
Yeah, it is. Been playing since yesterday, and "not impressed" is the only thing I can think about.
Sure the new characters are cool, mostly. But what else?

1) Stage selection is terrible. Just terrible, they all get boring in a second and they're mostly rehash.
2) The controls just aren't fit for the game. It's like I've never played Smash Brothers in my life with this piece of **** of a 3DS. Sluggish, slow, unresponsive, generally bad.
3) The content. Smash Run is fun the first three times. What else? Absolutely nothing. Sakurai rehashes the same old bull**** achievements (100-man melee with everyone AGAIN? ARE YOU ****ING KIDDING ME?) and the game is just a more of the same. Target Blast and Trophy Rush are pathetic attempts to show something new, but really, they're just a new minigame you have to do over and over again to unlock that tiny useless trophy.
4) Online is a joke. Wasn't expecting much from this honestly.

As of right now, I didn't have a single minute of pure fun. It was all "Oh I gotta do this to get that" and nothing more.The challenges are the most boring thing Sakurai took out of his ass ever. Hey do you know that 10-seconds melee minigame you did? It was fun right? Do it 51 more times if you want a trophy of my ****.

Let's not even talk about the fact that the 3DS version did indeed kept the WiiU back. Because in the end, it ****ing did.

I just hope all the custom moves I'm unlocking and the Mii custom parts will be transferible on the WiiU. I swear to God if I have to do that ****ty classic mode one more time I'm going to sell the game back. Make me transfer the damn trophies and let me have some decent fun please.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Sucks to be you. Having a blast.

Also this is the forum for the Wii U version of the game. Wrong place. ;)

Morbi

Scavenger
I do agree with the sentiment that the game is completely and utterly mediocre, but I am still having a great time playing it. I am not sure what everyone expected when they were developing a 3DS variant of Smash. I thought everything would be MUCH worse to be honest. I am glad that it was salvageable. It has been six years, there is an overt lack of innovation, Nintendo fans do not give one single ****. This is a fan-base that buys remakes and HD remastered collection versions of the same game that they already own. The Wii U version will at least fix the major issue, the controls.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Stage selection is fine. The past stages are fine, and several of the new stages are no worse than any old stage and in most cases better.
The controls are fine. The only trick is getting used to the Control pad, everything else takes like three games to adjust to.
Smash Run is fun any time you have four people in the same room. Single player content has always been limited, this is no more limited than anything we've gotten before (except the lack of Adventure, which is more than made up for with Smash Run)
Online worked surprisingly well for me, once I was able to get on. Maybe your internet just sucks? Or bad luck and everyone you played against had sucky internet. Both players have to have good internet for it to run well.

So uh, well, if you're not having fun, go play games you like. No harm in doing that. You're pretty clearly in the minority if you can't find a single enjoyable thing about it (and if the above statements are why, then I wonder if you enjoyed the past games at all, either).

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
How is it 'mediocre'? The reasons you listed make it bad (for you, at least), but not mediocre.
Also, hold back the WiiU version? The only thing it held back was some un-iconic retro characters and transforming characters.

TheDarkKnightNoivern

Smash Master
Stage selection is fine. The past stages are fine, and several of the new stages are no worse than any old stage and in most cases better.
The controls are fine. The only trick is getting used to the Control pad, everything else takes like three games to adjust to.
Smash Run is fun any time you have four people in the same room. Single player content has always been limited, this is no more limited than anything we've gotten before (except the lack of Adventure, which is more than made up for with Smash Run)
Online worked surprisingly well for me, once I was able to get on. Maybe your internet just sucks? Or bad luck and everyone you played against had sucky internet. Both players have to have good internet for it to run well.

So uh, well, if you're not having fun, go play games you like. No harm in doing that. You're pretty clearly in the minority if you can't find a single enjoyable thing about it (and if the above statements are why, then I wonder if you enjoyed the past games at all, either).
The stage selection isn't that great, tbh it's pretty mediocre, Substituting new stages with old ones is a stupid idea and there is so much missed potential, Where's my DKC: Returns stage, My fusion stage, A new star fox stage, A new wario stage etc

How is it 'mediocre'? The reasons you listed make it bad (for you, at least), but not mediocre.
Also, hold back the WiiU version? The only thing it held back was some un-iconic retro characters and transforming characters.
Although the time spent making the 3DS version could've been used to make a better wii u game

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
>Talks about 3DS Version
>Is on Wii U Forum
I dunno about you, but something isn't right here...

Last edited:

SS-bros14

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4038-6159-5535
The stage selection isn't that great, tbh it's pretty mediocre, Substituting new stages with old ones is a stupid idea and there is so much missed potential, Where's my DKC: Returns stage, My fusion stage, A new star fox stage, A new wario stage etc

Although the time spent making the 3DS version could've been used to make a better wii u game
And the time spent to make the WiiU version could've been used to focus on the first portable smash.
>Talks about 3DS Version
>Is on Wii U Forum
I dunno about you, but something isn't right here...
Well, if he posted it in the 3DS forum he'd get an infraction probably. :p

Last edited:

Bedoop

Poyon
NNID
$50.00 / $??.??
3DS FC
0877-1726-4217
Well, if he posted it in the 3DS forum he'd get an infraction probably. :p
You know this thread is gonna start flame wars anyway, plus this is on the wrong Forum even.
Plus there are other threads for this, like my buddy @ Chandeelure Chandeelure said.
*shrugs* What can ya do. :4drmario:

Last edited:

♦ Neosquid ♦

Smash Apprentice
meh. I really really want to disagree with you, but I don't friggin' know, I have not played the game enough yet. I can say that it , at the least, seems significantly lamer than Brawl, largely. Lack of a story mode is obvs part of that. What the heck, Sakurai/Ninty?

This is a fan-base that buys remakes and HD remastered collection versions of the same game that they already own.
hey now, I am one of those people. Whether or not they should be pumping out remakes is debatable (they are probs doing too much of it, Wind Waker HD really should not exist tbh), but I do not see what is wrong with buying them. I am a person who generally does not get as much fun out of replaying games, but for some reason, said problem does not really arise while playing remakes -- ergo, it makes complete sense for me to buy them. Plus I greatly appreciate any significant graphical/gameplay/etc improvements, I am greatly looking forward to playing Hoenn in 3D and being able to give my Pokemon actual movesets, among other things.

Last edited:

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
So I was chatting with our mate Shulk earlier and he said he foreseen a lock on a thread this evening. He said something about "not really feelin' it".

Last edited:

kikaru

Smash Ace
Some small and insignificant country town, WA.
3DS FC
0705-2807-1422
The 3DS version held back the Wii U version in very few incidents such as the deconfirmation of Ice Climbers. People don't realize or appreciate that volume of 3DS owners outnumbers that of Wii U owners by around 6:1/7:1; the projected profits and success of Smash 3DS most likely allowed for a larger development team to create more content for both versions because let's face it, Smash 3DS will definitely outsell Smash Wii U by millions as Smash 3DS had the best opening week of any Smash title.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom