• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Official The Game Awards 2019 - Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
Wouldn't it be cool if the Game Awards, like, had this Persona 5 trailer that made you think it was just an ordinary trailer for Persona 5, and then the Phantom Thieves could, like, talk about how Joker from Persona 5 got "invited to steal the greatest treasure of all", but said treasure looks just like an ordinary envelope, at least until Joker from Persona 5 flips the envelope over to reveal the Smash logo in all its glory, which in turn confirms Joker from Persona 5 as a playable character in Super Smash Bros Ultimate?

Wouldn't that be cool, guys?
Imagine if they pulled a Banjo and repeated the Joker trailer until the very end where someone else steals the letter before Joker can. Someone who is also a thief, but in red:

She's in

Last edited:

Ridrool64

Smash Lord
I think it's KOS-MOS, but I will finally let myself blindly hope for Arle even though I'm pretty sure it's KOS-MOS anyway. Oh well.

But I don't care about FP5 half as much as I care about a potential Crash game reveal. Or... and let me have hope for one thing... Sly 5. Hey, I can have unrealistic fantasies, too!

And I really don't care about the awards aside from maybe hoping 3H wins something.

FalconFire93

Smash Lord
NNID
ZombieHunter93
3DS FC
0074-4291-3615
Switch FC
SW-5918-1380-7797
As long as the new character is fun to play as, I won’t mind who it is if there’s a reveal tonight. But what I’m waiting on is seeing any gameplay for Shin Megami Tensei V or at least a release date because it has been 1,000 years since we heard anything. :mad088:

MisterMike

Smash Champion
I'll be bouncing to record myself watching the stream (just in case anything reaction-worthy happens), so I'll just say this:
- I'm going all in on Doomguy being FP5. If I'm wrong, and I most likely will be, then so be it.
- I'm also going all in on BotW 2 being shown off.
- I'm hoping those rumors about a Banjo-Kazooie and Tooie remake are true. I would absolutely love a remake of those games.
- It's a long shot, but I think Mother 3 may actually be revealed at this show.
- I hope you all have a great time, regardless of what happens!

ONWARD, TO DISAPPOINTMENT!
GenoHappyHop.png

Last edited:

staindgrey

I have a YouTube channel.
Writing Team
NNID
staindgrey
3DS FC
0130-1865-3216
Switch FC
SW 1248 1677 4696
Did something rise Travis' chances?
His voice actor tweeted about the Game Awards.

So naturally people went ape**** due to the convenience of the timing.

D

Deleted member

Okay I have no idea what happened on the Geno thread earlier. Darn shame I’m looking forward to just getting back to there and chatting with everyone when it opens. Though but regardless Game Awards we’re here let’s go.

Last edited by a moderator:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
What in the world was going on in the Geno thread for it to get locked today guys?! I heard there was trolls flaming and starting fights, but **** it must have been really bad.

D

Deleted member

What in the world was going on in the Geno thread for it to get locked today guys?! I heard there was trolls flaming and starting fights, but **** it must have been really bad.
The more **** happens, the more it's curious to visit.

AugustusB

Smash Champion
Hello all! I am not rooting for any one character, I will just be happy for who ever it is...if we do get Fighter 5 announced. If not? Oh well!

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
Here's hoping Three Houses wins best strategy game, Ultimate wins best fighting game, the rumored Crash game gets shown, and that there's a character reveal.

Not gonna make a full prediction, but I'd like for it to be Edelgard, Crash, Frogger, Lara Croft, or Phoenix Wright, if I had to pick a top five.

Night Gale

Smash Ace
This isn't the topic for that. Please keep this about the Game Awards, bruh.

Anyway, if they show off SMT V I would be pleasantly surprised.

Last edited:

Icedragonadam

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5227-6397-6112
Like I said, 2B's my guess for FP5 if there is a reveal tonight. Either than that, I want to know if that Tales related news from the NoA source will be announced here.

D

Deleted member

Just visited the Geno thread right now and ****, they've started tons of ****.

All for the sake of the character. How amusing.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Besides Smash what are y’all looking forward or hoping for at The awards ?
Bayonetta 3
Pikmin 4
Marvel vs. Capcom 4
Darkstalkers 4
Wario Land 7
Ace Attorney 7

These are the non-Smash games I'm really hoping are featured... which means they're definitely not happening.

Last edited:

AdamBel731

Smash Ace
Hello fellow Geno brethren! I'm sorry that You and I got caught in the crossfire and the thread is down, but let's try and not push the envelope further and leave that conversation behind, yeah? (Dont worry, my friends, all will be well soon.)

As an aside, who the HECK is Fighter #5?! I have no idea, as every seemingly likely character has been shot down...

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
phoenix win.png

tfw aa7 trailer ends with this

D

Deleted member

I have no idea RetrogamerMax but I’m glad things hopefully got sorted. Looking forward to chatting with everyone once everything’s normal but for now this is about the Game Awards. Let’s focus on that and enjoy the winners who win for their great games and whatever gets announced.

AceAttorney9000

Smash Lord
Oh, one more thing I'm hoping for: Ace Attorney Trilogy 2, with Apollo Justice and Ace Attorney Investigations 1 & 2.

Wunderwaft

Smash Master
Remember, we have like 15 game announcements. There's a good chance there might be at least one game reveal that you might like from this show with the number they're revealing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom