• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Gaia Force(name pending). A clan for both worlds.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I used to be a Ness main in SSB64 and Melee. But now that Lucas is playable I'm hoping that in Brawl, I'll be able to main them both.

However, my previous main has fallen into misguided hands over at the Ness boards in the form of a clan that fosters hateship towards Lucas! I wanted to be part of a Ness clan, but not when my favorite character's name is desicrated in such a way. So for this reason I'm going to make a suggestion: a middleground clan where both Ness and Lucas come together to create an unstoppable power!
For in every Mother game...was it not friendship, understanding and teamwork that saved the day? Ness teamed up with a nerd and monkeys...MONKEYS! He is truly a boy with an unyielding lenicy in his soul. As for Lucas...it is even more touching that he would befriend a transvestite tomboy, a crippled thief with a bung leg, and once again, MONKEYS!

Lucas and Ness players, unite! Together, we can be stronger than ever, and besides, when other clans invade, at least there will be some variety.

Mac_77

Smash Cadet
Well, it seems that several Ness players have their opinions of Lucas players, these opinions brought up by reactions of people disapproving Ness' return and him replacing Claus or some crap... I don't know, this squabbling is pretty stupid if you ask me...

I think Lucas is a solid character and I have no problem at all using both Ness and Lucas.

Perhaps a clan with support for both is best... heh, A good name for the clan should be "Brothers from other Mothers"........ just kidding...

Ryuka

Smash Rookie
As for Lucas...it is even more touching that he would befriend a transvestite tomboy, a crippled thief with a bung leg, and once again, MONKEYS!.
befriend a transvestite tomboy, a crippled thief with a bung leg, and once again, MONKEYS!.
a transvestite tomboy

Nooooooo ;_;. Kumatora is not a magipsy, nor a tranvestite, just very tomboy...ish.

Anyway, I agree, there is no reason for Lucas and Ness fans to figth, we need to show the Mother characters potential.

Thand

Smash Cadet
I'm down for the cause, and even it was a joke, I don't think Brothers from other Mothers is a bad name at all. =P One that just came to mind is PK Players.

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Don't the Ness people have the Happy Happist Cult going on? >_>
Yes they do.

However, the HHC is only for Ness, and Lucas users are shunned. It's the exact reason why I wanted to make this club.

Besides, people joining this club can request ANIMATED BANNORZ!!

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
Well, I don't really know what it is clans do exactly... but I'll join just because I agree with the message. =]

Both Ness and Lucas are awesome! There shouldn't be hate between the two.

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
The only reason they hate each other is because like one person that comes into the forums and says ness/lucas is better. That's what happened in the ness forums. Their hate is growing. Though lucas looks pretty sick, I think Ness will still remain my right hand man.

Macc

Smash Rookie
I've always mained Ness in every Smash game and I continue to do so. I am not the greatest player at Smash, but I do believe I am above average and I have desire to get better. Lucas looks very interesting to play and I won't know if I will play him *as Claus* as a main until I have my copy of Brawl in about two weeks. I will try nonetheless, because I absolutely love Earthbound (Mother). The clan name you choose isn't all that bad, but I wish you would tie it in more with something related to Earthbound. Ness and Lucas get the Franklin Badge in their respective games, but one is much more powerful in relation to the plot.

Are there any tips you can give to improve ones game?

*I can't control short hopping very well and I have problems focusing to wavedash successfully. However, I think I can correct this by altering the sideways wiimote controls, which I plan to use so I can efficiently do tilt attacks.*

Also, could you hook me up with a nifty Ness/Lucas sig like you have?

Please give me some aid if you can!

Macc out

gringo66

Smash Journeyman
i like what u are doing here earthbounder. There is no "i" in team. both ness and lucas shall unite!!! Im down for this clan

Hardcorenesser

Smash Journeyman
*I can't control short hopping very well and I have problems focusing to wavedash successfully. However, I think I can correct this by altering the sideways wiimote controls, which I plan to use so I can efficiently do tilt attacks.*
There's no wave dashing in brawl, if that's what you were saying about altering the wiimote controls...

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
Obviously, this is the clan for me.

I tried to trick them into letting Lucas join the Happy Happy Cult, but they didn't fall for it. *frownies*

If they don't like Lucas, I must not join them. Ness and Lucas will be my weapons, twin pistols at my sides.

... But can we still paint the world blue? Pleeeeeease?

Mac_77

Smash Cadet
Happy Happy Cult is "OverBLUE-ing" it, don't ya think?

Yeah, the Happy Happy Cult is getting annoying with the whole "Death to Lucas" thing they have going, they are going a bit overboard with all of this.

I seriously don't get the whole Anti-Lucas faction they are trying to develop, but I find THIS clan to be more fitting for me anyhow. They think they are boosting the rep of Ness players somehow, even though I bet half of them gave up on Ness in Melee... :laugh:

When I get to play Brawl I'll continue to own with Ness like I have since the 64 and especially like I have in Melee (Stuck with him till the very end). I'm looking forward to owning with Lucas too. (Much love to the Mother series)

I would like to be a part of this cause, and I will be looking forward to playing against you guys in the near future too...

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
Well said!

I plan to main both Lucas and Ness as a single character, using Lucas against swordsmen and Ness against spacies!

And the twin pistols analogy is perfect.

*Dante walks in, scratches out the names on Ebony&Ivory and re-names them Ness&Lucas. The guns magically become stripy and sparkly*

JACKPOT!

bylim5

Smash Journeyman
YEAH! lets all unite before the war begins.

Smack them with our bats,
Poke them with our sticks;
This game is where it's at,
United from our Earthbound picks!!!!

NESSBOUNDER

Smash Master
I like "melodies and needles" but it's a little bit long. Maybe "tunes and needles" or "The Franklin Society" since the franklin badge is in both games?

Kiki52

Smash Journeyman
One thing that really irked me was why did a lot of people get so angry in the past about Ness being in Brawl. I remembered a lot of threads with angry feelings towards each other and many people really wanted Lucas to replace Ness. It was so stupid if you ask me, why in that time before the roster leak came out, that many people insisted that Lucas would replace Ness and they had to bash Ness supports because of it. It would only lead to bitterness on the side of pro-Lucas supporters after Ness suddenly have been announced. I remember seeing those threads "Ness is not going to be in Brawl, come here to help those in denial" before the roster leak came out, and they were scary.

In a sense, I sort of blame Sakurai for not announcing Ness first then Lucas. If Sakurai would have chosen to announce Ness as the playable starting character, then Lucas be the surprise character, I think a lot of people would have been happy. Ness and Lucas players would have enjoyed the same relationship as people like Fox and Falco users don't hate each other. Neither do Ike and Marth players. But I guess the whole point of Ness is he was always supposed to be an unlockable secret character. I'd thought if I were Sakurai, I would have made both Lucas and Ness unlockable characters. Brawl should have had more unlockable characters in general rather than making a potential "replacement" for Ness or other characters take the spotlight on the DOJO first then cause people to panic then fight.

If that was Sakurai's or Itoi's intentions, then I don't think that is good.

Aevin

Smash Journeyman
It's really kind of funny how "secret" Ness is.

He's unlocked after playing 5 Brawls.

OnettSphere

Smash Cadet
I'd like to join this clan, If i may
I was going to join the Happy Happy Cult
but then I realized that Ness and Lucas players should band together, not fight and hate each other

Im a Ness mainer, but I use Lucas as a backup

And yes, Ness's secretNESS amazes me =]

Trozz

Smash Ace
I didn't like Lucas at all when I first started. I liked Ness; I played through Earthbound several times. Then I discovered that Lucas attacks with hexagons.

Top Bottom