• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The future of the games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johnny Heart Gold

Smash Journeyman
It's not surprise to anyone that since melee we start to loose characters in the process of each game, usually because of time, tecnical issues etc. But I was wondering something, people every 7 years will be a new smash bros, I can't imagine Smash bros 8 for example to be a 100 character roster, there's always goin to be cuts right? Or what do you think about the future of the characters? There's people that feel that Greninja or Lucina won't be coming back in preference of new characters of those games, and we kno what happen to guys like wolf or lucas. So you think everygame will have cuts?

A lot of figthing games do that so what about smash?

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
As the roster continues to increase, so will the number of cuts. But as with every new Smash game, the newcomers will outweigh the cuts. I expect the next game to have 60-70 characters.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
I expect the next game to have 60-70 characters.
Be prepared for disappointments then. The roster isn't going over 60 characters anytime soon. When they make a new Smash, there will be a lot of cuts, IMO.

FantasyBlade

Smash Apprentice
Be prepared for disappointments then. The roster isn't going over 60 characters anytime soon. When they make a new Smash, there will be a lot of cuts, IMO.
With DLC I think 60 characters is a reasonable estimate

Kalierdarke

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kalierdarke
in the next game, I predict Lucina, Greninja, and Dark Pit to be cut.

Robin and Wii Fit Trainer are likely cuts as well, but not as much as the previous 3.

Pac-man and Megaman are up in the air, if namco still has a hand in it we'll still get pac, but megaman is about a 50/50 chance.

Rosalina I am unsure about, but I think most of the rest of the cast is pretty set. Shulk -might- be replaced by a character from Xenoblade 2.

So there will still most likely be an overall increase in roster size.

Last edited:

LinkSword93

Smash Cadet
NNID
Umdytr
3DS FC
3668-9197-4509
I never even gave a following Smash title any thought, my mind is filled with the one I have yet to play.

Basically the roster will continue to grow as the system limitations become lower and, yeah, some characters won't make the cut. Business as usual.

Ursaguy

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
5472-7859-2409
They'll run out of Nintendo characters eventually. I think Smash 5 will have some cuts and 60ish characters, and for Smash 6 they will admit they hit a wall. Either admit defeat and stop making them and admit defeat with a bang having every character ever included.

linszoid

Smash Cadet
As the roster continues to increase, so will the number of cuts. But as with every new Smash game, the newcomers will outweigh the cuts. I expect the next game to have 60-70 characters.
How long will it take to complete All-Star mode with that many characters?

K-45

Smash Journeyman
I don't expect much from the next game a roster of 62 or so and a bunch of other modes. I really hope for the wiiU or the next game to have event matches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom