• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Future is Already Written-Validar for Smash!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Floor

Floor | Defiant of Destiny
NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
For those who don't know, Validar is the main villain in the most recent Fire Emblem game, Awakening. Although his chances are slim, I think he would make a good addition. Below, I have listed ideal movesets among other things. Please post any information about this chaotic mastermind here. And please, if you are going to mention anything about the story, please put it in spoiler tags. This warning also goes to those who haven't played it. There may be spoilers lurking around

Validar is a sorcerer.​
What's going for him and why would he be cool?
What's he got going for him?
  1. A lot of smash fans say there has to be a villain. They want Ridley, King K. Rool, and so on, and a big argument of their's is "Metroid/Donkey Kong doesn't have a playable villain!" They may increase Ridley/K. Rool's chances. Validar would be in the same boat.
  2. Fire Emblem may get three reps this time. Lyn is out of the game, so that leaves about six or seven possible canidates, Chrom, Lucina, Robin, Anna, Ike, and Tiki. Validar is in the most recent FE game, so I'd say he's right there with Anna and Tiki.
  3. Nintendo was planning on making Awakening the last game in the franchise, until they saw it's success. They will hopfully promote Fire Emblem a little more now with more recent members.

What would he bring to the table?
  1. His moveset I gave him would make him a great support fighter. His damage output wouldn't be great, but he'd fight tactically instead, pushing players away from him. He'd be a great fighter for competitive players and casual alike.
  2. High risk, high reward. He would be vulnerable to a lot of attacks as his moves are slow, but would also be capable of KOing an opponent with low damage.

Image Gallery

Sound Studio
When you are about to unlock him, Choas Ablaze would play.
Chaos Ablaze
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X7Z5KnsktwA

Unrelated Fire Emblem Music
Together, We Ride
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YYxHKM3uEb4

Power Hungry Fool
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UiUC4aXtC3Y

Moveset
Weight: About Peach.
Speed: Samus.
Attacking speed:Ike

A: standard punch. Normal damage.

--> A or <--A: Small fireball. Slightly higher damage with weaker splash damage.

DownA:Validar sweeps a dark energy whip below him around his feet. Moderate damge, and a possibility opponents will trip.

UpA: A dark ring is formed under him and dark energy pillars sprout out besides him, flinging opponents in the air. Low damage, but great knock back.

B: rapildy shoots lightning bolts in the direction he is facing. Similar to kirby's punch or Fox's kick, it is hard to escape. If 50% or more is dealt in this way, the opponent is stunned. Low damage, low knockback.

-->B or <--B: A dark circle similar to his downA is formed roughly two and a half Bowser lengths away. dark energy pillars shoot out toward Validar. Any opponent between the dark circle and Validar is knocked toward Validar, enabling Validar to do an UpA(flinging the opponent in the air) for a great combo. Moderate damage, great Knockback.

UpB: A huge fireball explodes below him, giving any opponents considerable damage, low knock back. The recoil send Validar into the air for a good recovery.

DownB: Can be held for 4 seconds or so. Validar summons high speed winds made of dark energy around him in a vortex, spinning counterclockwise. Opponents are knocked back without taking damage. Projectiles are sucked into the vortex until it stops. When it does, the projectiles spit off in random directions. Projectiles are now hostile to opponents, even the ones who shot them. Great for edge guarding, but a fast recovery like pikachu are not affected as much. The faster you are, the less you get pushed back.

Final Smash: Warning, describes the final boss. SPOILER ALERT!!!
“Destiny is your master, one way or the other!”
Grima. Grima (the final boss) sweeps across the stage like ganon or Ridley from the boss fights. KOs are possible both from Grima itself and the damage he inflict(considerable) or the winds around him casued by his speed. The dragon then appears in the background. He shoots dark fireballs at opponents like andross, but at a higher rate of fire,. Fireballs so a lot less damage, but have splash damage two. About 20 fireballs are shot at random opponents, and once one hits you, the rest will, like staryu or chickorita.
When you select him: "The future is already written!"
Taunt1:"You cannot rewrite what is already written" Cape flutters in wind, Validar holds a clenched fist to his heart.
Taunt2:"You will pay for interfering in my designs!” Spins around on toes.

Feel free to post your movesets and I'll see if I can add them. If I don't, message me, and I'll see to it. I probaly missed it if this is the case..

Quotes
  1. “Human bonds are leaves in the wind. They offer you nothing.”
  2. “Well, well... Ha, ha ha! Oh, I know you... Submit to me, and perhaps I might honor you with the truth!”
  3. “Gya ha ha! You can't escape it! That's why it's called destiny!”
  4. “Destiny is your master, one way or the other!”
  5. Validar: Heh ha, are you so eager to meet your end, little Prince? You WILL die here. Your future is already written.
    Chrom: I tell you again: I make my own future. And it's one you'll not live to see!

Villains of Fire Emblem
1. Caellach(My Favorite)

2. Reiv

3. Validar

4. Aversa

5.Lyon

6. Gangrel

7. Camus

8. Gharnef

9. Burnya

10. Galle

Supporters

I will edit this if/when it needs an update.

Can anyone make any support buttons???

Last edited:

chronomantic

Smash Ace
A swordless FE character? I'm in. Plus he has a great look. Aversa would be pretty neat too.

Floor

NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
A swordless FE character? I'm in. Plus he has a great look. Aversa would be pretty neat too.
Absolutely! At the very least they should consider these two for assists. They are amazing characters deserving of SOMETHING. I fear all we might get is a trophy (not an assist trophy.).

chronomantic

Smash Ace
Absolutely! At the very least they should consider these two for assists. They are amazing characters deserving of SOMETHING. I fear all we might get is a trophy (not an assist trophy.).
I know right. So mind my ignorance about the series but is Validar the main villain as a one-off of sorts? is that's why you think his chances are not that good?

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I know right. So mind my ignorance about the series but is Validar the main villain as a one-off of sorts? is that's why you think his chances are not that good?
He's a one-off, yeah. And it's sort of weird. He's the main antagonist, but really more of a follower of the main villain.

I didn't really care for Validar, but he's not a bad choice.

Halfhead

Smash Journeyman
It's worth mentioning that nearly all of FE's villains are one offs, so I don't think that's a huge deal.

Floor

NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
I think chances are slim because of all of his competiton. Chrom, Lucina, and Robin, to name a few. Also, he is a little obscure. Not everybody knows him.

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
When it comes to Fire Emblem, I find it very hard to believe that we'll get anything less than a main character from Awakening. Fire Emblem is a series that constantly introduces new batches of characters with every installment, so unlike most series, it doesn't have set group of recurring characters who would be obvious picks for Smash. As a result, the best way of picking characters is to take a main character from the latest game and have them represent the series. There isn't much room for any lesser Fire Emblem characters in Smash, and that goes for villains as well. While he has the potential to be a unique and very interesting character, Validar is an incredibly unlikely character who faces very harsh competition from the likes of Chrom and Validar's own child.

Floor

NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
When it comes to Fire Emblem, I find it very hard to believe that we'll get anything less than a main character from Awakening. Fire Emblem is a series that constantly introduces new batches of characters with every installment, so unlike most series, it doesn't have set group of recurring characters who would be obvious picks for Smash. As a result, the best way of picking characters is to take a main character from the latest game and have them represent the series. There isn't much room for any lesser Fire Emblem characters in Smash, and that goes for villains as well. While he has the potential to be a unique and very interesting character, Validar is an incredibly unlikely character who faces very harsh competition from the likes of Chrom and Validar's own child.
Yeah. Awakening was the most successful FE game, so we MAY see two Awakening reps. Chrom for sure, and maybe Lucina or Robin for the other.I think we'll see three reps from FE in SSB 4, but not Validar. Fingers crossed for at LEAST an assist.

D

Deleted member

What no one mentions Tharja? She looks like she fits in so well too.

Last edited by a moderator:

Floor

NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
Yeah I would've posted a Tharja thread but it already existed. She is my favorite FE character in Awakening, but she is even behind Validar when it comes to likely hood of an appearance. But who knows? I mean, who predicted Greninja and Wii Fit Trainer? The pokemon franchise definatly had more well-suited choices. Zoroak, Blaziken, Victini, and Hawlucha to name a few. (I'm basing Hawlucha on his considerable popularity.)

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Yeah I would've posted a Tharja thread but it already existed. She is my favorite FE character in Awakening, but she is even behind Validar when it comes to likely hood of an appearance. But who knows? I mean, who predicted Greninja and Wii Fit Trainer? The pokemon franchise definatly had more well-suited choices. Zoroak, Blaziken, Victini, and Hawlucha to name a few. (I'm basing Hawlucha on his considerable popularity.)
Greninja is bigger than Hawlucha for sure. It is a starter after all. The only reason people weren't expecting Greninja is becuase they thought he was too new of a character to get into Smash Bros.
I highly doubt Tharja would ever get chosen, but I suppose it isn't impossible. But she isn't really comparable to Wii Fit or Greninja. Rosalina, if anyone.

Floor

NNID
SerPete
3DS FC
1736-3913-7675
@ToothiestAura
Yeah, really every FE character who is not a lord or a tactictian has an extremely low chance of appearing.

@everyone
What do you guys think about my moveset? Feel free to post your own and I'll see if I can add it.

EDIT
Ike's confirmation really set this back now... I was thinking it was either Ike and an Awakening rep or two Awakening reps. Looks like we'll only get one now, if we kept realistic franchise rep cap

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom