• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Forest Master Rises! Sceptile for Smash Bros! Over 100 supporters!!!

D

Deleted member

It's creepy to wonder how grass types look under an X-ray studying their biology. Regardless this manga panel, Sceptile does have vines & can use them regardless of not learning vine moves.:shades:
Actually, I looked up about Frenzy Plant.
Apparently, it doesn't use vines; the moves spawns giant roots from the ground to attack.

But before the idea of Sceptile growing giant roots out of its back gets comes to mind, I've also read that the Pokémon Adventures manga portrays the attack differently; those aren't vines or roots coming from Sceptile's back. Those are energy beams.

Masonomace

Yeah Shulk, get stuck in!
NNID
Masonomace
Actually, I looked up about Frenzy Plant.
Apparently, it doesn't use vines; the moves spawns giant roots from the ground to attack.

But before the idea of Sceptile growing giant roots out of its back gets comes to mind, I've also read that the Pokémon Adventures manga portrays the attack differently; those aren't vines or roots coming from Sceptile's back. Those are energy beams.
I knew of Frenzy Plant using roots but I was so caught up from the picture they appeared to resemble vines / tentacles. Energy beams would make sense being portrayed in the manga, only because it's similarly tied to the games attack move info saying, "this forces the user to recharge during the next turn" & Hyper Beam is an enormous energy beam attack that does the same battle damage sharing the same effect, but is just a different type move. Now I must make edits for my past comments excuse me:
It's creepy to wonder how grass types look under an X-ray studying their biology. Regardless this manga panel, Sceptile does have vines & can use them regardless of not learning vine moves. doesn't have vines explaining why he can't learn any in the Pkmn games, but Sakurai can make that exception.:shades:
We must become Nature's power allies, to preserve the continuing peace maintained at hand.

My earlier reply post to GY, I wanna see Sceptile use vines in his move-pool that supposedly appear from his nodule seeds on his back despite not being able to use them in the anime or the games. I'd change my move-set post to compliment this idea but it's too late to just re-edit it all over modifying it. Very potential B-air move much like SSBBrawl Ivysaur!<3
So a high-speculation comment based off that manga picture of Frenzy Plant, those energy beams shooting from Sceptile's nodule seeds from his back somehow, would be badass. Who would need Energy Ball when you have Energy quills / tentacles / beam swords / beam whips / insert grass punny weapon here etc..

Last edited:

XionKai

Smash Cadet
If sceptile, gets Accepted, in smash bros 4, will his final smash be, Mega Sceptile? o:

RidleyKraid187

Smash Journeyman
If sceptile, gets Accepted, in smash bros 4, will his final smash be, Mega Sceptile? o:
Likely.
Anyways, am I the only one who would rather have Mewtwo ignored in favor of Sceptile, rather than cut Jigglypuff for Sceptile?

I used to believe Sceptile was unlikely. I still kinda do. however, would you all be okay with Sceptile being a Semi-Clone of Greninja added last-minute like Lucina was?

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I definitely support Sceptile coming in for Smash 4, even though I think it's unlikely since Jigglypuff and Mewtwo have priority over it. That said, Sceptile has a chance, with Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U launching around the same time frame as Omega Ruby and Aqua Sapphire, Sceptile being a fairly popular starter (though perhaps not as popular as say, Blaziken), and with us having Fire and Water starter representatives in Smash so far. I will be ecstatic is Sceptile becomes a playable character, though I doubt he'll take precedence over Greninja or Yoshi as my main.

I would expect most of his tilts and smash attacks to be centered around Leaf Blade and his tree tail and to probably have similar speed and jumping abilities to Greninja. The specials would probably be something like this:
Neutral B - Energy Ball: Typical projectile that most Pokemon seem to have. I could see it as being either chargeable like Water Shuriken, Aura Sphere or Shadow Ball or as something like Luigi's Fireball.
Side B - Leaf Storm: A mid or short-range attack that pushes back targets and deals some damage
Up B - Acrobatics: A recovery move where Sceptile moves about in the air similarly to Pikachu's Quick Attack
Down B - Detect: Generic counter move

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
It doesn't have to be MegaSceptile. Frenzy Plant or some other cinematic high-class grass type attack would suffice. However @ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon would set my post straight & post about MegaEvolutions being a great way to promote for the Pkmn games & OR/AS, so I'm all for MegaSceptile regardless.
Likely.
Anyways, am I the only one who would rather have Mewtwo ignored in favor of Sceptile, rather than cut Jigglypuff for Sceptile?

I used to believe Sceptile was unlikely. I still kinda do. however, would you all be okay with Sceptile being a Semi-Clone of Greninja added last-minute like Lucina was?
You're not alone, others would want the same thing. I personally would rather want Sceptile > Mewtwo without needing to list reasons on why, but I'd like them both to be in. I don't think Sakurai needs to cut Purin from the O12 just to make space for Mewtwo / Sceptile, seems unnecessary. I thought all Grass starters were likely the moment I saw Ivysaur as playable<3. I'd be kind of alright with the semi-clone to greninja thought, however Sceptile has unique potential to break that semi-clone barrier.
I definitely support Sceptile coming in for Smash 4, even though I think it's unlikely since Jigglypuff and Mewtwo have priority over it. That said, Sceptile has a chance, with Smash Bros 3DS/Wii U launching around the same time frame as Omega Ruby and Aqua Sapphire, Sceptile being a fairly popular starter (though perhaps not as popular as say, Blaziken), and with us having Fire and Water starter representatives in Smash so far. I will be ecstatic is Sceptile becomes a playable character, though I doubt he'll take precedence over Greninja or Yoshi as my main.

I would expect most of his tilts and smash attacks to be centered around Leaf Blade and his tree tail and to probably have similar speed and jumping abilities to Greninja. The specials would probably be something like this:
Neutral B - Energy Ball: Typical projectile that most Pokemon seem to have. I could see it as being either chargeable like Water Shuriken, Aura Sphere or Shadow Ball or as something like Luigi's Fireball.
Side B - Leaf Storm: A mid or short-range attack that pushes back targets and deals some damage
Up B - Acrobatics: A recovery move where Sceptile moves about in the air similarly to Pikachu's Quick Attack
Down B - Detect: Generic counter move
Thanks for Supporting~
It's okay to feel unlikely about his chance, that's natural. Blaziken may have been the most popular Hoenn starter with getting a MEvo before the other 2, but MegaSceptile's MEvo became more popular than MegaBlaziken probably making Sceptile more popular than even Blaziken. Hell Swampert is gonna make it a 3-way tough tie to break. Sceptile would get in over Blaziken for the current apttern meta we need answered is the only reason we need for Sceptile to get in SSB4 over Blaziken, because Sceptile is a very popular grass starter.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
It doesn't have to be MegaSceptile. Frenzy Plant or some other cinematic high-class grass type attack would suffice. However @ pupNapoleon pupNapoleon would set my post straight & post about MegaEvolutions being a great way to promote for the Pkmn games & OR/AS, so I'm all for MegaSceptile regardless.
Yep. Sceptile being in means he will Mega Evolve.
However, what that Mega Evolution means for an actual Final Smash means absolutely nothing, it is just a visual cue. He could Mega Evolve and use it as a powered up transformation- sure- this is what people tend to think of when they say he could Mega Evolve (a la Wario, Sonic, Bowser, etc).

Yet the options do not stop there. When he mega evolves, he could use use one specific controllable move (such as Pikachu or Yoshi).

Another Option would be for him to Mega Evolve and use a non controllable move, automatic, such as Ganondorf.

He could even Mega Evolve and summon, which could work in a handful of ways, such as Robin summoning Chrom, or Captain Falcon summoning his car.

Ultimately the Visual transformation means absolutely nothing. I'd bet he would summon, to promote all three popular Mega Evolutions in Gen 3.

gitryan

Smash Rookie
I really don't think people need to worry about Sceptile being a clone, or even a semi clone, of Greninja... That's just illogical. Marth and Lucina are both humanoid sword fighters, with the same body structure, so the situation can't be compared. Their assets can easily be identical because of their design. Sceptile is a Charizard sized raptor, and Greninja is a crouched ninja frog. Their assets couldn't even be close to similiar! If Sceptile is in, he'd be his own! Basic character design knowledge

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
I've said it before, I'll say it again... I'd rather have Ivysaur. BUT. Sceptile is a very cool Pokemon as well.

Not super iconic. I think Grovyle would be a better fit (Having spent far more time in the anime as a Grovyle than as Treecko or Sceptile.. Also playing an important role in PMD2), but then it wouldn't get the benefit of the mega or Frenzy Plant...

tbh I think Grovyle deserves a spot on the roster more than Lucario does.
Ivysaur over both though. Lol.

Sonic Poke

Smash Lord
I've said it before, I'll say it again... I'd rather have Ivysaur. BUT. Sceptile is a very cool Pokemon as well.

Not super iconic. I think Grovyle would be a better fit (Having spent far more time in the anime as a Grovyle than as Treecko or Sceptile.. Also playing an important role in PMD2), but then it wouldn't get the benefit of the mega or Frenzy Plant...

Ivysaur deserver it more than Mario.

Only Sakurai can't see it. And the entire comunity. And Charizard.

lltacx

Smash Journeyman

Don't think they would ever put Grovyle in though, seeing as Sceptile has a Mega evo and the other two starters are in their final forms :O

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I really don't think people need to worry about Sceptile being a clone, or even a semi clone, of Greninja... That's just illogical. Marth and Lucina are both humanoid sword fighters, with the same body structure, so the situation can't be compared. Their assets can easily be identical because of their design. Sceptile is a Charizard sized raptor, and Greninja is a crouched ninja frog. Their assets couldn't even be close to similiar! If Sceptile is in, he'd be his own! Basic character design knowledge
Well Said Forest Fighter. Ivysaur notices your gallant message.:ivysaur:

I used to want Ivysaur over any other grass starter pokemon regardless of stage 1 2 or their final stage 3 level. But. . .Greninja 'replacing' Squirtle it made me feel Ivysaur will need to keep up with them which she can. After that I was open to wanting any fully evolved grass starter, Sceptile being The One for me since 2012.

Grovyle would be a better fit to us from how he would flow & fight like, games he's been featured in to help us imagine that. Sakurai's broken Pkmn logic many times in Super Smash Bros., Grovyle could get Frenzy Plant as an attack move in his mvet-set or make it a FS, but by the same logic Sakurai can make Sceptile just as playable & fitting including MegaSceptile.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I was just asking the Black Shadow Support thread this but it got me curious about what type of based attacks would Sceptile have? Inspiration comes from the stickers from SSE in SSBBrawl, SSE sticker examples are these.
My thoughts on Sceptile's based attacks would definitely include Tail & Grass attacks but what would you see him use? This kind of applies to move-set imagination but there can be hybrid based attacks in certain moves.

pupNapoleon

Smash Hero
NNID
NapoleonPlays
3DS FC
5129-1683-5306
Switch FC
SW 3124 9647 8311
I was just asking the Black Shadow Support thread this but it got me curious about what type of based attacks would Sceptile have? Inspiration comes from the stickers from SSE in SSBBrawl, SSE sticker examples are these.
My thoughts on Sceptile's based attacks would definitely include Tail & Grass attacks but what would you see him use? This kind of applies to move-set imagination but there can be hybrid based attacks in certain moves.
I was not aware that Fox/Falco/Wolf could attack with their tails.
#SmashLogicWin

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
I mostly see him using Leaf Blade and his tail in most of his attacks. Side tilt, down tilt and down smash would be very likely to use the tail, while most other would use vines or Leaf Blade.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I mostly see him using Leaf Blade and his tail in most of his attacks. Side tilt, down tilt and down smash would be very likely to use the tail, while most other would use vines or Leaf Blade.
So translating that you see him having Grass+Slash due to Leaf Blade being heavily similar to Razor Leaf moves Ivysaur used. Tail, & mostly Grass.

If SolarBeam was considered a move usable for Sceptile would you consider Energy? Also I think Sceptile would use a body attack, & maybe an arm attack.

I was not aware that Fox/Falco/Wolf could attack with their tails.
#SmashLogicWin
I can't think of Wolf's tail attack, it's so. . .mysterious idk what move it could be.
Edit; I tihnk they're lying about Wolf having a Tail attack. . .it's folktale status

Last edited:

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
I know I'm in the minority in this thread, but I have a thought.

I know we all have this obsessive-compulsive NEED to have a full grass-fire-water core, and Sceptile does make a lot of sense, but rather than plug a gen 3 mon for Smash 4, maybe they should wait until Smash 5 to add a grass type again? By the time Smash 5 comes out, we'll assuredly have Pokemon Gen 7 (and probably 8 too). Then we could have a grass type AND continued new poke reps without having to cut another mon down the road.

It just seems to me the Pokemon series is a relentless conveyor belt of new characters. We should be looking to the future for new reps. Not the past.

Even with the remakes, gen 3 is old news at this point, and Sceptile is no where near as popular as Charizard and Lucario (or Mewtwo).

I know it seems odd to buck Sceptile for hypothetical grass types which don't exist yet. Just some food for thought.

Last edited:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
They had no issue dropping Ivysaur and Squirtle, why would they care about dropping any next game?

Jaguar360

Smash Lord
NNID
Jaguar360
3DS FC
0516-7348-2137
So translating that you see him having Grass+Slash due to Leaf Blade being heavily similar to Razor Leaf moves Ivysaur used. Tail, & mostly Grass.

If SolarBeam was considered a move usable for Sceptile would you consider Energy? Also I think Sceptile would use a body attack, & maybe an arm attack.
I could see Energy Ball as a special move (probably neutral), but not really in the smashes/tilts/jabs. And his arms would definitely be used as jabs or tilts since the blades on his arms would go to waste otherwise.

Last edited:

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I know I'm in the minority in this thread, but I have a thought.
No problem welcome anyways VA.

I know we all have this obsessive-compulsive NEED to have a full grass-fire-water core, and Sceptile does make a lot of sense, but rather than plug a gen 3 mon for Smash 4, maybe they should wait until Smash 5 to add a grass type again? By the time Smash 5 comes out, we'll assuredly have Pokemon Gen 7 (and probably 8 too). Then we could have a grass type AND continued new poke reps without having to cut another mon down the road.
Sakurai wouldn't choose not to promote Game Freak through playable pokemon fighters, including Greninja but he did anyways. He cut out Ivysaur & Squirtle that was a bundle with Charizard & adds Greninja to 'replace' squirtle's position, keep in mind that the water turtle made Smash history for the first time in Super Smash Bros., being a playable water pokemon. Greninja is living that history & carrying on the legend, no matter how you look at it for Greninja promoting X & Y, creating him from scratch before X & Y were even released. Ivysaur for the first time making a grass-type pokemon playable that's also a quadruped, why would Sakurai suddenly not include a grass type for this generation of Super Smash Bros. & wait for Super Smash Bros. 5 when Sakurai hasn't mentioned anything about a new SSB game in development? If this is the very last SSB game Sakurai will ever develop, I want the last installment of SSB to have a grass representation so that Pokemon's history didn't 'ditch' the trifecta last minute.

It just seems to me the Pokemon series is a relentless conveyor belt of new characters. We should be looking to the future for new reps. Not the past.
I agree 30% & disagree 70% with looking only towards the future & not look back on the past. Pokemon games within their 6 generations get at 3+ games for each generation while Super Smash Bros. is on it's 4th installment. If we were looking towards the future of Melee's playable pokemon cast it would of got more Generation 2 but only got Pichu. The future of Brawl's playable pokemon cast would of had Generation 3 R&S pokemon or Generation 2 but got Lucario from the mystery of Mew movie being Generation 4, & Kanto starters instead because of the remakes FR&LG, overshadowing both Generation 2 & 3 making once again Generation One the better idea. Generation One will forever be the most iconic & if we didn't look back on the past we wouldn't have Pikachu Charizard Mewtwo or Jigglypuff.
Even with the remakes, gen 3 is old news at this point, and Sceptile is no where near as popular as Charizard and Lucario (or Mewtwo).
Sceptile indeed isn't as popular as Charizard Lucario or Mewtwo, but Sceptile is a popular Grass-starter pokemon & unfortunately pouncing on Mega Evolution & the remakes it's made Sceptile & Swampert much more popular. Sceptile back then was Geneartion 3, but OR&AS is Generation 6 baby, this isn't old news & that's more reason to promote Sceptile.

I know it seems odd to buck Sceptile for hypothetical grass types which don't exist yet. Just some food for thought.
Thanks for your food of thought, it inspired me to eat Mexican cuisine.
Replies are in the quote. Thanks for Posting~
I could see Energy Ball as a special move (probably neutral), but not really in the smashes/tilts/jabs. And his arms would definitely be used as jabs or tilts since the blades on his arms would go to waste otherwise.
I didn't exactly mention Energy Ball I only mentioned an energy-based attack like from the stickers. Samus' charge shot, Fox blaster & Ivysaur's solarbeam in P:M are all considered Energy attacks, but I can see it too. Sceptile could have a double hitting-move that makes hybrid attacks like Charizard's B-air in Brawl, his B-air had two hits which slashed with his claws then used his 2nd hit with his tail & the flame. That's what I meant by using arm attacks along with leaf blade.

Last edited:

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
I just found out about Super Smash Flash today, I was hoping Sceptile was in there but nope oh well. At least I have something Smash to play.

Xenorange

Smash Lord
Fun fact, we've gotten 2 pokemon newcomers in every single smash game even the 1st one technically (that is if you count PT as a single newcomer).

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I just found out about Super Smash Flash today, I was hoping Sceptile was in there but nope oh well. At least I have something Smash to play.
I was barely interested in SSF, props to the developers who made that game, it seems to be a fun game. I would of gotten hyped from Sceptile announced in SSF but didn't so I'm over it. I play Ivysaur in Brawl still, & I go to a smashfest once a week playing Ivysaur in Project M so I got the grass playing life-style on lockdown.:shades:
Fun fact, we've gotten 2 pokemon newcomers in every single smash game even the 1st one technically (that is if you count PT as a single newcomer).
This is why I'm expecting the maximum fabled number 8 to be Pokemon's slots possible. That & all the other coincidences just happening to be falling a set pattern that hasn't been changed yet besides Melee's removed fighters :drmario::mewtwomelee::pichumelee::roymelee: & :younglinkmelee:.

Edit: Your first gif in your signature always reminds me of when I played Sonic & the Secret Rings. Fun game~

Last edited:

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I almost don't want the Miah Leak to be true just because we have much better moveset ideas for Sceptile xD

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I'm lost at "Miah Leak"

Please eggsplain:4yoshi:
Please explain:ivysaur:
http://smashboards.com/threads/leak.360830/
Its this leak. He promised Bandana Dee for Comic Con and it didn't happen. I'm trying to find the part about Sceptile, but he said the moveset would be Leech Seed, Giga Drain, Pursuit, and Leaf Blade for specials. But the leak is likely wrong/fake anyway. But a leak that included Sceptile. Was fun while it lasted.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
Its this leak. He promised Bandana Dee for Comic Con and it didn't happen. I'm trying to find the part about Sceptile, but he said the moveset would be Leech Seed, Giga Drain, Pursuit, and Leaf Blade for specials. But the leak is likely wrong/fake anyway. But a leak that included Sceptile. Was fun while it lasted.

Holy ****stain hotness @ all of that leak.

I'm sorta hyped considering all the "un-confirmed" stages & alternates. They all make sense to me. Characters were vague to me seeing King K. Rool Shulk & Ridley that were said to be guaranteed.

Saying that Mewtwo is a returning rep I'm kind of hyped but I was more hyped from hearing Blaziken not considered, while Sceptile & Marshtomp were being considered. I'd be so flipping happy if this happened.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Holy ****stain hotness @ all of that leak.

I'm sorta hyped considering all the "un-confirmed" stages & alternates. They all make sense to me. Characters were vague to me seeing King K. Rool Shulk & Ridley that were said to be guaranteed.

Saying that Mewtwo is a returning rep I'm kind of hyped but I was more hyped from hearing Blaziken not considered, while Sceptile & Marshtomp were being considered. I'd be so flipping happy if this happened.
we can only hope its real or the game is remotely like that. My hype level blew up when I first read it too.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
we can only hope its real or the game is remotely like that. My hype level blew up when I first read it too.
I'm reading more & more into this entire thread, yes all 65 pages I'm doing it. I'm believing it bit by bit more for still keeping it realistic & down-to-earth because a leak like this is even further beyond every other leak. I read further into it & they apparently wanted to include Swampert, not Marshtomp which makes even more sense that Sakurai wanted to include fully evolved starters pkmn rather than use pre-evolved or baby pokemon. This leak makes Mewtwo & Sceptile's chances look even better than before. Thank you again @ Reality_Ciak Reality_Ciak :ivysaur:

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
I'm reading more & more into this entire thread, yes all 65 pages I'm doing it. I'm believing it bit by bit more for still keeping it realistic & down-to-earth because a leak like this is even further beyond every other leak. I read further into it & they apparently wanted to include Swampert, not Marshtomp which makes even more sense that Sakurai wanted to include fully evolved starters pkmn rather than use pre-evolved or baby pokemon. This leak makes Mewtwo & Sceptile's chances look even better than before. Thank you again @ Reality_Ciak Reality_Ciak :ivysaur:
I figured it was Swampert and Chesnaught vs Sceptile and Greninja. It makes complete sense that they would bring in two new Pokemon, starters to represent the new games and replace Squirtle and Ivysaur, as well as bring back Mewtwo. Giving us 6-7 depending on the fate of Jigglypuff. Which I could see go either way.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I figured it was Swampert and Chesnaught vs Sceptile and Greninja. It makes complete sense that they would bring in two new Pokemon, starters to represent the new games and replace Squirtle and Ivysaur, as well as bring back Mewtwo. Giving us 6-7 depending on the fate of Jigglypuff. Which I could see go either way.
Swampert + Chesnaught. . .interesting. Two titan-like bipedal pkmn with Charizard would look badass, Sceptile + Greninja still seems to be in favor. They did the same thing with Pichu in Melee, & Lucario in Brawl. I'm getting more & more concrete with 7 reps, even going forward to 8, but hey that's too good to be true.

Reality_Ciak

Smash Ace
Swampert + Chesnaught. . .interesting. Two titan-like bipedal pkmn with Charizard would look badass, Sceptile + Greninja still seems to be in favor. They did the same thing with Pichu in Melee, & Lucario in Brawl. I'm getting more & more concrete with 7 reps, even going forward to 8, but hey that's too good to be true.
8 would be nice but is there a clear choice for an 8th? Because I have no idea who to even start to consider.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
8 would be nice but is there a clear choice for an 8th? Because I have no idea who to even start to consider.
All I did was skim of the other supporter list threads of pokemon on here. I'm seeing good vibes from Scizor / Plusile+Minum as a Ice climber scenario. That's all I got, unless there's a mysterious iconic pokemon that I don't remember.

Kalimdori

Amateur Youtuber
NNID
Kalimdori
3DS FC
5129-1442-5970
I'd say Zoroark is next in line.

Yeah, I know it appeared in the Greninja trailer, but that is literally the only place it has appeared in Smash. Haven't even found any footage of it in the demos.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
If we get an 8th pokemon rep, I could only imagine it being a 2nd gen Mon or a 5th gen mon.
Hmm. . 2nd Gen I see :212: mostly atm he's pretty cool & fairly known for being the evolved form baddass bug :123:. 5th Gen I'd have to say Zor--
I'd say Zoroark is next in line.

Yeah, I know it appeared in the Greninja trailer, but that is literally the only place it has appeared in Smash. Haven't even found any footage of it in the demos.
I have been :4greninja:'d. I see Zoroark too, although I wanna bring up another 5th gen choice ignoring the :4charizard: / :4greninja: trailer for a minute, being Genesect despite seeing both Zoroark & Genesect as Pokeball summons. Would be cool to see either of themas the fabled 8th spot to fill that would still be too good that it's false.

Edit: But Sakurai not revealing Jigglypuff or Mewtwo in that the trailer, without those two in the trailer at all & briefly showing many pokemon being summoned give the vibe of them all being confirmed summons which is a disappointment but maybe Zoroark & Genesect will be Master Ball summons worst-but-best case scenario for promotion at all.:ohwell:

Last edited:

Brother AJ

Smash Lord
NNID
Brother_AJ
I'm really going to be bummed if Sceptile doesn't make it. I mean, I THINK we're getting a starter grass type, and who would be better than him really? Although, Greninja really may of been just a special case... I do think though that Sceptile has the fitting style and popularity going for him honestly! Don't make my head hurt Sakurai!!! I need the trio >_<

How can we adequately gauge a Poke's popularity anyway? How does one measure that? Did Greninja's fame really have nothing to do with him getting in? I'm not sure what to think.

Masonomace

NNID
Masonomace
I'm really going to be bummed if Sceptile doesn't make it. I mean, I THINK we're getting a starter grass type, and who would be better than him really? Although, Greninja really may of been just a special case... I do think though that Sceptile has the fitting style and popularity going for him honestly! Don't make my head hurt Sakurai!!! I need the trio >_<

How can we adequately gauge a Poke's popularity anyway? How does one measure that? Did Greninja's fame really have nothing to do with him getting in? I'm not sure what to think.
In Greninja's case it wasn't outright fame or popularity at all. Giving a character idea to Sakurai before the character was even known about before X&Y were released, predicted popularity could of been a factor for how Greninja looked on paper, but that alone wasn't the only reason why Greninja became a promoted choice for Game Freak to hand-out to Sakurai for his game.

Jmacz

Smash Journeyman
NNID
aWildJmacz
I was barely interested in SSF, props to the developers who made that game, it seems to be a fun game. I would of gotten hyped from Sceptile announced in SSF but didn't so I'm over it. I play Ivysaur in Brawl still, & I go to a smashfest once a week playing Ivysaur in Project M so I got the grass playing life-style on lockdown.:shades:
See, I sold my Wii right before christmas so I could get a 3DS and Pokemon X. I was in between jobs at the time, so I needed the money. And it went to a good cause, went to gamestop with it, they offered 12$ lol. But I ended up selling it to a guy and his wife for 30$ for their kids. Gamestop actually gave me more for Brawl (20$) than they offered for the Wii.

And I didn't find out about Project M until after I sold it, so I never got to play Ivysaur by himself. Pokemon Trainer was one of the first people I used, and I really tried to main him but I just sucked and went back to Pikachu/Kirby and started learning how to play Sonic.

There was a small period of time when my friend was whooping my ass with Pit, and I switched to Pokemon Trainer and beat him a few games in a row. That was like my one moment of glory. I only went to two tournaments because I had been playing Halo competitively up until recently. But I used to play all the time still and one of my friends (who probably posts here, he went by Soma I think.) goes to tournaments all the time.

Ugh, I really don't like that moveset Leaf Blade as a special....no thanks. Also not really a fan of Pursuit/Giga Drain, we only need one healing move as a special, Giga Drain can be the hold attack. I would much rather his specials be,

B- Energy Ball
Up B- Leaf Storm
Side B- Leech Seed
Down B- Frenzy Plant

Last edited:
Top Bottom