• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The First Thing YOU Will Do When You Get Brawl

HanAmes

Smash Ace
I'll definitely watch the intro first, then go to vs. mode, and play as Mario since I've always started out with Mario when I first played Smash 64 and Smash Melee. Of course, I'd check out WDing and see if it works. And after I sorta somewhat get the hang of the game, I'd work on unlocking some characters or maybe play around with my friends in the process.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Definitly going to beat 1p first, then call friends over and play a ton of vs matches. :)

Tonyman

Smash Journeyman
hmmm i think it will be like this:

Day1: Bro comes home with Brawl in his hands and i scream like a lil girl, then we play, play, play, play and so on till rly late.

Day2: I wake up early and start playing while my bro oversleeps...pretty much thats it.

Day3: I invite many friends and so does my bro, we all play much and we all win and lose and die, etc.

(all three days: My other bros plays a bit)

Oh yeah in case it comes out in schoo time i'll wake up at like 4am to play then go to school, and come back home ot play :S andi think all that will last for like a week then i'll play regularly :p

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
Headbang to the title music.
I hear you man. The new theme is awesome.

I will take the(have it reserved so I am etting it when it comes out:laugh:)clear covering off, read the instruction manual. Then put the disk in, watch the opening, headbang to the music, and continue the opening process like two more times. Then I will play melee...excuse me, brawl mode and play all the starting characters. Then I will beat one player once, get a new character then get my friends and have a smash fest. Few weeks after, I will join a local tournament at a Gamestop or something.

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
I hear you man. The new theme is awesome.

I will take the(have it reserved so I am etting it when it comes out:laugh:)clear covering off, read the instruction manual. Then put the disk in, watch the opening, headbang to the music, and continue the opening process like two more times. Then I will play melee...excuse me, brawl mode and play all the starting characters. Then I will beat one player once, get a new character then get my friends and have a smash fest. Few weeks after, I will join a local tournament at a Gamestop or something.
Lol i love orchestra music, it oozes epicness. It will make this game twice as enjoyable.

Al Calnos

Smash Journeyman
What can I say that hasn't already been said?

If possible, I will get some friends together and have a ceremonial "first Brawl fight", we will try out the new characters and controls and just generally goof around and have fun.

After that, I'll try out the characters both old and new that interest me first (I'll get around to playing as everyone sooner or later). Clear Classic mode with Mario, then any other 1 player mode like Adventure mode (if it stays), repeat the process with Link, then Kirby, Meta Knight, and so on till I've done it with all the starting characters and any new ones I've unlocked along the way.

After that, I'll keep playing around for about a month or so, and if I haven't unlocked at least most of everything by then I'll consult GameFAQs or similar... I like the feeling of playing then getting surprised when the Newcomer screen comes up or I've unlocked a stage, but I want to eventually get everything... know what I mean?

Meta_Owns_Ur_Dad

Smash Ace
What can I say that hasn't already been said?

If possible, I will get some friends together and have a ceremonial "first Brawl fight", we will try out the new characters and controls and just generally goof around and have fun.

After that, I'll try out the characters both old and new that interest me first (I'll get around to playing as everyone sooner or later). Clear Classic mode with Mario, then any other 1 player mode like Adventure mode (if it stays), repeat the process with Link, then Kirby, Meta Knight, and so on till I've done it with all the starting characters and any new ones I've unlocked along the way.

After that, I'll keep playing around for about a month or so, and if I haven't unlocked at least most of everything by then I'll consult GameFAQs or similar... I like the feeling of playing then getting surprised when the Newcomer screen comes up or I've unlocked a stage, but I want to eventually get everything... know what I mean?
Yeah, being suprised would be sweet, whenever i got melee i looked it all up...ruined.

Lol, being surpised would be sweet, "RI-RI-RIDLEY!?!?!?!"

monty06

Smash Ace
when i get the game is unlock everything without looking up everything then find my best character to main to take 2 a tourney

~rh

Smash Lord
"Ceremonial first Brawl Fight." I like how you worded that...

Let's all tape ours and make one big YouTube compilation xD

Laijin

Smash Hero
Why the hell are most of you so concerned with testing the gameplay and comparing it the Melee when you first play the game? Im pretty sure none of you did that when you picked up Melee and spent hours trying to compare it and do the same stuff you did one the original SSB.

Just play the game and learn it from there. I'll be highly disapointed if the game was just like Melee. :(
I don't wanna wavedash in this game. I want a completly new game. I don't want the same people who are good in Melee to be good at this game the moment they play it.

NukeA6

Smash Master
The first thing I'm gonna do is say goodbye to the world cuz I will be gone in a few days.

It is a bit early to decide what I will do in Brawl since we don't have enough info yet. I'm guessing I will play as Mario and try the training mode then go for Classic (or whatever is the first option for single player mode).

~rh

Smash Lord
Yah and post them up as 'our communitys first Brawl'!

The orchestra, the Yoshis Island, The Pit! That would be perfect.
Perfect indeed.

I'm pretty sure that I'm going to compile a lot of my friends videos of their first Brawl FFA's and put 'em on YouTube. I really think that that is a cool idea.

I'll bring it up on this thread when it all happens. :)

AttackstorM

Smash Lord
3DS FC
2122-8193-6919
i will play my brother a match in ssb64 then ssbm then ssbb and i will probly main full suit samus and train up meta as a secondary

Dacvak

Smash Ace
You know what the first thing I'm going to do? I hope no one takes offense to this... But the first thing I'm going to do is make a promise not to visit Smashboards, or any other internet Brawl discussion site for at least a month.

I want to make sure I'm 100% surprised about every aspect of the game, and I want to make sure my experience isn't influenced by anyone else.

Sorry guys, but Brawl > Brawl Community. =P

~Dac

Dr.ROC

Smash Apprentice
Im with u guys, thats what really made melee awsome for me and then like a year or 2 later i joined the boardes and got pretty good learning some of the advanced tactics.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Probably play Vs. Mode for a while until I get tired of the same characters, then I'll go unlock everything. After that I'll probably just play Vs. for years.

Onifrio

Smash Journeyman
probably close the door.....light some candles......put on some barry white......oooohhhh yaaaa :cool:

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
When Brawl comes out, 3 of my friends will come over and we'll play the hell out of it. I'm playing Wario first.

richie137

Smash Cadet
this what I will do, I am planning this carefully, I will be most likely reserving two copies, one for my little brother and one of myself, so I could carry it into tournaments, and just have fun with my friends. Anyways, this is what I will do, I will send it home, open the plastic, read the instructions, see the awesome intro, and then start 1-P Classic, with Mario and go on from there, this will be for both copies of the game. later

richie137

CartooN

Smash Apprentice
NNID
CartoooN
I think I'll go on classic mode (If there still is one) and play as one of the new characters. That way I can play through looking at whats new.

CBNJ

Smash Journeyman
Ah the game is so far away, I have so much spare time to plan out what I'm going to do. :p

Creo

Smash Champion
NNID
Creo93
I am gonna drool over amazement of getting it on the first day in my place since it's reserved. I am gonna yell in gamestop with cheer and glee, go home and see if advanced techniques are back(after reading the manual and headbanging to the intro of course). Then, I will do 1 player, unlock Jiggs(if still in...if not, whoever) and then invite friends over to play.

Top Bottom