• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The first character you will try

Will you try a Veteran or a Newcomer first?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Xganz32

Smash Rookie
As of now we have 30 characters that we know are playable. If the game released today, who out of the 30 would you try first and why? (Ignore that fact that they may be unlocked at the start). For me, I would try Little Mac first because he seems like a monster on the ground. Hopefully he is not as bad in the air like he is portrayed, but we shall see. Let me know who you would try first of the current 30!
:4littlemac:

God Robert's Cousin

Smash Hero
NNID
RepaignPalsims
3DS FC
4339-2483-2603
I would try Kirby first. Kirby's always been my main, and I'd still have to dip into the game's physics, so what better way than to take my most familiar character to figure out the controls that way?

I'd probably jump straight to Villager after that.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I'd pick either Olimar, Mario, or Link so I can get used to the physics.
Then I'd go on to try the other characters.

D

Deleted member

Bowser (assuming he is there from the beginning), The Villager, WFT, Link, Fox, Rosalina (assuming unlockable), then Zelda and ZSS for me. I would just continue randomly to span out to the other characters after this.

Last edited by a moderator:

SSBCandidates

Smash Lord
Mega Man all the way. It is what I've wanted since I knew third party characters could get in.

Oracle_Summon

Smash Hero
I will try Little Mac out first, then I will move to Kirby to see further flesh out the game mechanics on the 3DS version.

verysleepywolf

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3153-5879-7280
I like to start out with a veteran first, with Brawl I distinctly remember using Link first. For some reason I tend to avoid using newcomers until I check out how all the veterans have changed.

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
I'll definitely play Zelda at my first opportunity. Who I play next depends on the rest of the roster, but for now I'm thinking either Ike or Megaman.

Staarih

Smash Master
I feel like I've posted in a similar thread before.

Anyway, I think I'm still going to try the Wii Fit Trainer first. There's just something about her (or him?) that interests me very much, and I just can't wait to try her out. Assuming she is a starter, of course (which I think she is).

Mega Hawlucha

Smash Apprentice
So far I'm looking to play Bowser. Started out with him in Brawl and Melee but he was just too bad to stick with due to how awful he was...so going for third time lucky, especially since he looks much better now.
Although that'll be thrown out of the window if King K. Rool is a) Playable and b) Starter character.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
I'll probably start with Meta Knight since he's one of my favorite characters and I'm curious to see if he was nerfed at all. I'll probably try Greninja, Bowser and Pit next.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Actually going to see how different Ike is, and then Olimar, and then move to trying out Greninja, Mac and Mega Man in that order. And then we'll see.

Unless of course another character is revealed I'm even more interested in.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
King Dedede on the Veterans.
For Newcomers, Greninja.

Spinosaurus

Treasure Hunter
NNID
WarioLand
Mario. Classic mode.

Then I'll move on to my boys. (Wario, then Mac)

Tenchi Boom

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TenchiBoom
Since Pikachu was my first in SSB and Melee (accidently used Mario first in Brawl :ohwell:) I will be using Pika to keep tradition! Definitely Ness after since he's my boy.

EDIT: Not really bothered about the newcomers so far. I guess I'll give Greninja a go.

Last edited:

L2 Sentinel

Smash Apprentice
I'll probably start with Meta Knight since he's one of my favorite characters and I'm curious to see if he was nerfed at all. I'll probably try Greninja, Bowser and Pit next.
It's not really a question of whether or not Meta Knight will be nerfed so much as how nerfed he will be. He wasn't just slightly overpowered in Brawl.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
I think I can actually identify a rough order:

1. Yoshi (gotta test my favorite dino. Love him).
2. Fox (always a mainstay, and I want to get a feel for him right away).
3. Greninja (I like his look, and love Pokemon X/Y).
4. ZSS (she looks pretty sick now too)
5. Bowser (I want to see how much he's evolved)

Unless Wolf is in, in which case, move everyone down a spot. Then again, he'd probably be hidden.

Last edited:

VioletSmashfan

Smash Ace
NNID
SVPfan89
3DS FC
2964-9317-6440
Gotta go with the super powerful and super adorable Pikachu (he's always the 1st 1 I used before I go with the other characters, since he's my go-to character), however if Lucario gets bumped up to the starter role (which is very unlikely), he'll probably be the 1st unlockable character I'd try 1st to see how OP'ed they made him, Sonic (I'm also interested to see if they finally buffed him up a bit), and Megaman (he might just be my overall main, depending if his gameplay fits my style).

Neerb

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3308-4587-7068
The first person I try will probably Pit, Zelda, or Charizard, as I like in Brawl but I want to check out how significantly they've changed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom