• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Final Smash item Thread *UPDATE: PIT!*

Stryks

Smash Hero
Yes its called Chef, thats the name of the ability in normal kirby games
we dont know
we dont know
we dont know

and edit, dont double post...

Professor Pro

Smash Legend
the final smash looks like something that would be fun.
obviously this would defintely be taken out of a serious match because it looks like a match decider typer of move lol

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
the final smash looks like something that would be fun.
obviously this would defintely be taken out of a serious match because it looks like a match decider typer of move lol
Actually, I've been thinking, if they start tournaments for Brawl, do you think Final Smashes will be allowed?

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
I loved the Final Smashes. I can't think a Brawl tournament without Final Smashes.

Mario Finale is the coolest Final Smash. It really gives the impression of a devastating attack.
They are really cool, but if money is on the line, NO

I would hate to be pwning, and then all of a sudden take 80 damage and be killed

The Bino

Smash Lord
They are really cool, but if money is on the line, NO

I would hate to be pwning, and then all of a sudden take 80 damage and be killed
HA than you must hate Street Fighter, i don't see why everyone hates the idea of the Super, i mean look at Street Fighter, they implemented it in and it works just fine, it makes it more strategic and makes you more aware of what moves to do and what not to do, but i guess the way that Smash is played it makes it kind of unfair to some, but you know what, wait til the game comes out and then pass your judgements on if it is unfair or just implemented into the game for fun

_Phloat_

Smash Champion
HA than you must hate Street Fighter, i don't see why everyone hates the idea of the Super, i mean look at Street Fighter, they implemented it in and it works just fine, it makes it more strategic and makes you more aware of what moves to do and what not to do, but i guess the way that Smash is played it makes it kind of unfair to some, but you know what, wait til the game comes out and then pass your judgements on if it is unfair or just implemented into the game for fun

But items just appear randomly...

Anyways, good point, Ill wait till release to tell if it is fair or not, no prejudice here

Keige

Smash Journeyman
But...but...it's semi-random!!!!!!!!
*explodes*
Meh, sorry, but I just don't like the idea of Supers.

Stuhddabahkz

Smash Apprentice
I kinda like the idea. There could be a better way of activating them besides an item, but the Final Smash premise itself is cool. I think they made it an item to avoid being like other fighters, y'know... with a meter at the bottom. But, I have faith in Sakurai.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
This seems to be a item but it wasn't put in the items section because its also a technique to play for.

i like how you can only use it once per battle because imagine how cheap it would be if somebody kept getting the Smash Ball and destroying everybody with it constantly. though there is probably a action replay code that allows you to use the final smash more than once (i hope).

Fawriel

Smash Master
Bowser wins by far.

Final Smashes seem like a way to even out the tiers, don't you think?
Those characters who are actually strong but barely get a chance to show their strength in Melee got the seemingly most powerful Final Smashes ( Pikachu, Bowser... )
Sure, not a lot of evidence, but what could POSSIBLY be a more destructive Final Smash than THIS?

We should seriously consider using Smash Orbs in tournaments.

Brockman5

Smash Ace
Bowser wins by far.

Final Smashes seem like a way to even out the tiers, don't you think?
Those characters who are actually strong but barely get a chance to show their strength in Melee got the seemingly most powerful Final Smashes ( Pikachu, Bowser... )
Sure, not a lot of evidence, but what could POSSIBLY be a more destructive Final Smash than THIS?

We should seriously consider using Smash Orbs in tournaments.
I think tournaments will still be played like they are today...no items...

The Bino

Smash Lord
I think tournaments will still be played like they are today...no items...
How do you know that Smash Orbs are regular items, maybe you can't turn these off, Sakurai said that you can only get 1 per match right, so maybe this means that its an item that appears randomly throughout the match and yet can't be turned off, this would be similar to Street Fighter like i stated before, would balance out the game if it did seem to get unbalanced when ppl play and figure new things out don't you think

petre

Smash Lord
closest to Sterling Heights, MI on your wii foreca
i dont recall sakurai ever saying you only get one per match. that would be crappiness in a 99 stock match or something. if he did, and anyone knows where, please link me...

anyway, i actually think final smashes will be in tourneys at first...however there's bound to be 1 or 2 that are wayyy more powerful than any others (people will find ways to abuse one or something), and then they will get banned.

thats my prediction.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Mic_128 said:
Tsuki said:
Items won't be allowed.
Says who? There's been serious talk in the SBRoom regarding items in Brawl. If there's an ability to turn capsules/crates, or at least explosive ones off, there's talk of using items again in Smash.

And Brockman, the final smash doesn't necessarily mean you die, and there could be rules, like you can't use a final smash when your oponent is on 1 stock, for example.

It's really too hard to say what's banned and what isn't until we get our hands on Brawl.
Don't count out items in Brawl tourneys yet...the only reason they EVER were was because of the randomness of the exploding crate. But there was never a reason to say "turn off items, except for ______" There is now. We may want to keep on Final Smash Item or even ATs; we'll just have to see how it plays out.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
Needed proof on where i found Sakurai stating only once here it is

The Final Smash is a secret skill that can be performed but once…and only after obtaining an item called the Smash Ball, which is a precious item, indeed.

http://www.smashbros.com/en_us/howto/basic/basic02.html

Straight from Sakurai himself

Reading is fundamental and helps with learning
News flash: The hammer is an item you can use but once. The superscope is an item you can use numerous times.

He may not have meant you can use it once EVER. He may have meant you can use it once per smash ball.

Jabroni

Smash Cadet
I like Giga, but I really hope you can put them off. Items are not skill at all.
Bull!

How do items not show skill?
The only items which dont show skill are the likes o a pokeball or hammer. This is smash bros not street fighter. OK no items show how your skill without a weapon but i say items are there to be used not just taken out for a mess about.

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I like Giga, but I really hope you can put them off. Items are not skill at all.
items do require some skill. i play with and without, and i play diffrently for each. without i have to use comboes effectively to finish my opponents. i'm more prone to close combat without items. but when items are turned on, usually when i'm playing with three other people, you have to be quick to grab them or have excellent dodging skills.

really i'm going to use items sometimes and others i won't, but either way it's going to be a fun experience, especially with the new final smashes and AT

digitalmaster287

Smash Journeyman
The thing is, that with items on it increases the luck factor to the game, and if you are trying to find which person is better in skill than the other, an exploding crate that comes from nowhere doesn't help.

Biolink

Smash Cadet
Now that Transformations are possibility,if Gannondorf is in the game there is a possibility that he can transform into Ganon.

Star105

Smash Journeyman
Now that Transformations are possibility,if Gannondorf is in the game there is a possibility that he can transform into Ganon.
yes also if sonics in the game his final smash will be transforming into super sonic. i wonder how this will work out:laugh:

BUnit

Smash Apprentice
hmmm... not sure if it was said earlier but does the color they change have anything to do with the characters personally (mario red, link greenish)? Or is it probably going to reflect what controller the player who activates is using (like 1st player red, 2nd player blue)

Osi

Smash Ace
I'm really looking forward to seeing what the other final smash moves are. Since the final smash is an item I doubt it will ever be in tournys, but it will be a fun addition to casual games. I'll prolly make it the only item on if possible.

I can't wait to see the final smash for fox!

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
more transformation FS's
Gannondorf-->Gannon
Sonic-->Super Sonic
Mega Man --> fuses with rush/ or turns in Mega Man X with ultimate armor

another fs for mm could be his giga crush

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
Bull!

How do items not show skill?
The only items which dont show skill are the likes o a pokeball or hammer. This is smash bros not street fighter. OK no items show how your skill without a weapon but i say items are there to be used not just taken out for a mess about.
There is a certain degree of know how when it comes to items but face it man. It adds a level of randomness that subtracts from who truly controls their character better, because whatever the item is it gives you an advantage usually and all it has to do is fall near you. The fact that items are random is why they are not used in serious play or in tournament play and the smash orb will NOT be used in tournament play, I can garuntee you that.

The elite players make the rules for the tournaments and the elite players know why items were taken out of tournaments in the first place.

the grim lizard

Smash Master
There is a certain degree of know how when it comes to items but face it man. It adds a level of randomness that subtracts from who truly controls their character better, because whatever the item is it gives you an advantage usually and all it has to do is fall near you. The fact that items are random is why they are not used in serious play or in tournament play and the smash orb will NOT be used in tournament play, I can garuntee you that.

The elite players make the rules for the tournaments and the elite players know why items were taken out of tournaments in the first place.
In that case, you must not be an elite player because that's not true. First, items aren't on PRIMARILY because of exploding crates/barrels. And you can't guarantee us jack. We don't know anything about what will/will not be allowed until the game comes out.

Mic_128 said:
Tsuki said:
Items won't be allowed.
Says who? There's been serious talk in the SBRoom regarding items in Brawl. If there's an ability to turn capsules/crates, or at least explosive ones off, there's talk of using items again in Smash.

And Brockman, the final smash doesn't necessarily mean you die, and there could be rules, like you can't use a final smash when your oponent is on 1 stock, for example.

It's really too hard to say what's banned and what isn't until we get our hands on Brawl.

gamelover15

Smash Apprentice
With today's update, I think Bowser has the best final smash. It's like hammer+star. Also, those who were hoping for the smash ball in tournaments can forget it because Giga Bowser is too powerful.

Dylan_Tnga

Smash Master
In that case, you must not be an elite player because that's not true. First, items aren't on PRIMARILY because of exploding crates/barrels. And you can't guarantee us jack. We don't know anything about what will/will not be allowed until the game comes out.
Lol nobody wants to play with items. You and Mic both are off your rocker if you think items are going to be in competitive Brawl. Id seriously bet like 5000$ items will be turned off in the official rules.

What?! Items are friggin' terrible!

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dude I DO want to play with items, thing is it could be like Mic said that items may return in competitive play, if we can turn off exploding crates, and rules like Mic mentioned theres a high chance items will return in tourneys but we gotta have brawl to find out...

Top Bottom