• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The Final Smash item Thread *UPDATE: PIT!*

Dacvak

Smash Ace
See, I initially thought that about his Bacon as well, but it seems like all of the Bacons so far have something specific to do with that character's history.

Mario used fire since the first Super Mario Bros. game, Link harnesses the power of the Triforce in order to Slash his opponents to death, Kirby... eats stuff... Wario is fat and crude..

I'm really thinking it's going to be more character-developed-specific, if you know what I mean. You know what? This would be a good BACON for Fox..

Peppy appears in the lower part of the screen and says "DO A BARREL ROLL!!!" Everyone but Fox dies. Fin.

~Dac

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
I think that Fox's Bacon will probably have something to with an Arwing strike. Or it could possibly be more similar to Link's Bacon, except with laser fire or karate kicks.
i definetely see an arwing. the name could be "Arwing Strike" and he drops a bomb onto the playing field, and it detonates when the player chooses or when it hits one of the platforms

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
yeah fox's final smash should include the arwings. He should call in an air strike and the star fox team shoot the hell out of the stage in random places

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
i think foxes FS (not bacon, i don;'t like it too much, no offense Davak) will be calling in a airwing storm that blows his opponents out of the water. think of the airwings that attack you on the great fox in melee, 10x stronger, and hit 10x more. i am wondering about pit's FS. maybe he calls on the gods who erase his opponents from existence? nahh, too harsh.

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
well it's like the official name for the final smashes now so yeah...

of course if you have a better name for final smashes i'm sure we would like to hear it..
It's not an official name at all. It's a name that one ****** came up with to try to gain recognition in a community by saying "lol I came up with an official term" and a bunch of other people saying "that name is silly. I'll help force it upon the community!".

A better name? How about Final Smash!? Considering that's what they call it on the website, it's much more of an "official name".

Personally, I'll probably call it a "special" or a "super" when around friends.

super.smash.camel

Smash Apprentice
Australia (What Does It Matter To You, Stalker &gt
It's not an official name at all. It's a name that one ****** came up with to try to gain recognition in a community by saying "lol I came up with an official term" and a bunch of other people saying "that name is silly. I'll help force it upon the community!".

A better name? How about Final Smash!? Considering that's what they call it on the website, it's much more of an "official name".

Personally, I'll probably call it a "special" or a "super" when around friends.
ok, official name was probably the wrong way to put it but lots of ppl on these forums r using it as an abbreviation to final smash.

bluebomber22

Smash Champion
no, i type fsmash, the normal abbreviation (<spelled correctly on first try:))
@bluethree
exactly, if i had noticed your post i wouldn't have posted mine.
agreed calling it bacon is pretty gay. especially since they already have a name for it. And Final Smash sounds way better than bacon

@samusrules93- i love your idea for Fox's FINAL SMASH, i think its the best way to go

McCloud_Master

Smash Apprentice
Snake should get out his rocket launcher and just pwn everyone!!!:chuckle:
Nah seriously maybe something like links targeting one person (exept punching and kicking)
or he launches a rocket nd it explodes nd deals damage to everyone in the explosions radius
I could have sworn I say Snake useing a Rocket Launcher somwhere...

lanky_gunner

Smash Master
The Moon, with the Fierce Deity Mask in hand
NNID
lanky_gunner
3DS FC
3179-6065-1453
Switch FC
SW-6340-2624-9135
i'm not going to support bacon, cause when i see bacon, i don't think Final Smash, i think of long, crispy, meaty strips that make me water at the mouth and forget all about smash...(drools)

Snake's Final? i would suppose he could use the invinsibility cloak from mgs and sneak around the stage hurting everyone. well, nah not creative enough. i really don't know but i look forward to it

Stryks

Smash Hero
Im against Bacon, can we just find a cool name for it, like shine for reflector, or something...

Anyway Final is killer awesome and that should be the name...

UltimaSmash

Smash Cadet
Let's call final smash "ultimate" or something.

e.g. : Mario's ultimate is more like a nuke compared to Link's ultimate which is more like a strong attack.

Just warcraft terminology here :D

Steven Hail

Smash Cadet
Everybody, QUIT SAYING "BACON", DARN IT! It's the middle of the night here, and all this talk makes me want to cook some bacon for a midnight snack.

Perhaps Snake's B.A- Grr, that's it! I'm sticking with Final Smash! Okay, let me try this again, perhaps Snake's Final Smash will be some sort of Martial Arts/CQC combo followed by firing some heavy artillery at the poor sap who gets in the crossfire. Though, I doubt it since Sakurai doesn't like guns. Meh, maybe he'll just call in a nuke on the stage(Snake dies too.):)

Zeela12

Smash Ace
No kidding! Quick and speedy, kind of like its Quick Attack.
it actually looks like a bit too fast, if it doesnt do great amounts of dmg/ knock back on contact, it's gonna be practicaly useless compared to Mario or Link's . although link's is kinda bad if its not 1v1, and if it is 1v1, I doubt there will be final smashes allowed.

Dacvak

Smash Ace
Anyway Final is killer awesome and that should be the name...
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2489751#post2489751

There's a thread now dedicated to the discussion of the Final Smash Abbreviation.

I think the best abbreviation for it would be BFS, as in "Big Final Smash". It's simple to type, easy to recognize, and only 3 letters. Plus, making it 3 letters, instead of two, sort of gives it that "it's more powerful than a regular attack" feel. At least, to me.

But I do like "Final" as well, but that's not so much an Abbreviation as much as it's just the first word. That's still typing a lot, considering.

But anyway, vote on your choice. =)

~Dac

bluethree

Smash Journeyman
http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=2489751#post2489751

There's a thread now dedicated to the discussion of the Final Smash Abbreviation.

I think the best abbreviation for it would be BFS, as in "Big Final Smash". It's simple to type, easy to recognize, and only 3 letters. Plus, making it 3 letters, instead of two, sort of gives it that "it's more powerful than a regular attack" feel. At least, to me.

But I do like "Final" as well, but that's not so much an Abbreviation as much as it's just the first word. That's still typing a lot, considering.

But anyway, vote on your choice. =)

~Dac
LOL. Way to point to a thread and then, in the same post, continue to discuss something that you say belongs to that thread.

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
Pikachu's smash is good and all but I just don't like the fact that it will be difficult to control like Sakurai stated, Im am just very curious to see how Samus's Final smash will turn out

Brawlmatt202

Smash Champion
it actually looks like a bit too fast, if it doesnt do great amounts of dmg/ knock back on contact, it's gonna be practicaly useless compared to Mario or Link's . although link's is kinda bad if its not 1v1, and if it is 1v1, I doubt there will be final smashes allowed.
You mean tournament-wise? Do you think that Brawl will have tournaments just like Melee?

Yellow Mage

Smash Journeyman
Volt Tackle? No, Pikachu himself is the devestating energy ball of the Final Smash, as shown in "what happens when you cancel in midair" in the last screenie on the site.

I squealed with glee when I finally saw that Pikachu's FS was revealed (I was on vacation with no Internet for about a week, so the last update I saw before that was Link's Final).

Konuk

Smash Journeyman
OMG NO WAY!!!!!!!!!!!! PIKACHU+VOLT TACKLE = LEGENDARY PIKACHU :D

omg so dam cool :D I cant wait till Nov27 :)

Top Bottom