• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Meta "The Final Content" [1.1.4] Patch Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

DAC

Smash Rookie
Not sure if placebo, but I think that Roy's down throw got buffed. It seems easier to combo at mid-high percents. Can anyone else confirm?

GrownManJones

Smash Cadet
Hey guys I have nothing relevant to contribute to this discussion. Can someone test that for me? Might just be placebo.

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Asking out of good intentions, in no way am I confirming it, but as a Robin main I feel a lot faster post patch. May be a placebo but the animation when he/she dashes looks different to me, and just feels faster, has this already been checked by anyone confirmed? Just wondering.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
Asking out of good intentions, in no way am I confirming it, but as a Robin main I feel a lot faster post patch. May be a placebo but the animation when he/she dashes looks different to me, and just feels faster, has this already been checked by anyone confirmed? Just wondering.
Definitely placebo. Robbin is one of the characters we can confirm received absolutely no changes in the patch.

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Definitely placebo. Robbin is one of the characters we can confirm received absolutely no changes in the patch.
That's fine then. I'm one of a few who doesn't mind Robin anyway, think he/she's a solid character.

Macchiato

Smash Hero
NNID
Macchiatooo
Due to Zelda not getting any start up, landing lag, percent, air speed, or ground speed buffs. It is most likely that her weight was decreased as well to match Sheik. Will need someone to test.

Zelda was so broken so she needed a nerf. BAN•ZELDA

Yoite

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ryudo212
Due to Zelda not getting any start up, landing lag, percent, air speed, or ground speed buffs. It is most likely that her weight was decreased as well to match Sheik. Will need someone to test.

Zelda was so broken so she needed a nerf. BAN•ZELDA
What do you mean Zelda got nerfed?

Conn1496

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0344-9757-7217
I see a few people mentioning Jr. and other than a couple of % buffs (F-air late hitboxes, Kart Spinout damage.), I can't find anything. Probably a good idea to test hit angles and frames (Which I'm awful at, so...).

Infact, that can be said for all characters. %s are painfully easy to find out, so it's probably better for people to focus on hit properties other than that.

Annoyed though that Jr.'s jab is still inconsistent as all hell so woo for that not being addressed. :glare:

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
Here's something odd, and I don't know if it's just me.

I recall many months ago testing out Palutena's up smash (possibly when the game first came out), and noticing that her up smash would go higher the longer it was charged. However, I was testing and even as recently as 1.1.3 it seems to go the same height whether charged or uncharged. Was I remembering this wrong, or is this a change that slipped by without anyone noticing?

HairyPawnch

Smash Rookie
Blame the Japanese. They're the only people on earth who think Ike needs buffs and Duck Hunt doesn't.
The Japanese somewhat usually put him on the upper mid tiers. I wish Sakurai would tell us the secret to hunting with, not against the ducks.

Nobie

Smash Champion
NNID
SDShamshel
3DS FC
2809-8958-8223
You remembered wrong.
Thanks. I might have been confusing the increased damage of charging with the stronger hitboxes at the base of the attack.

Oh, and if people are wondering how the changes to Marth's fair affect the character, I decided to do a quick test.

Marth at 101% damage, so a decent amount of rage. Sheik standing in the middle of final destination. No DI. Freshness Bonus.

Fair kills Sheik at about 115%.

I think that's pretty significant.

Flux0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flux0r
Thanks. I might have been confusing the increased damage of charging with the stronger hitboxes at the base of the attack.

Oh, and if people are wondering how the changes to Marth's fair affect the character, I decided to do a quick test.

Marth at 101% damage, so a decent amount of rage. Sheik standing in the middle of final destination. No DI. Freshness Bonus.

Fair kills Sheik at about 115%.

I think that's pretty significant.
Sheik can KO Pikachu at 130% with a tipper f-air when standing near the ledge, with freshness. His f-air will be too stale most of the time.

The buffs didn't adress his most crippling problems, they only made his good matchups a little better.
Marth is still pretty bad.

Brellow

Smash Cadet
Tested in training mode on final destination
Both Rest do 20% initial damage
Prepatch Rest: 56% total damage
New Rest: 57% total damage
Prepatch Rest kills Puff (Lightest character) at: 38%
New Rest Kills Puff (Lightest character) at 43%

I use DDD because he dies later than Bowser even though Bowser is the heaviest

Pre rest kills DDD at 72%
Post rest kills DDD at 78%

Rest was nerfed in knockback

Last edited:

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
Sheik can KO Pikachu at 130% with a tipper f-air when standing near the ledge, with freshness. His f-air will be too stale most of the time.

The buffs didn't adress his most crippling problems, they only made his good matchups a little better.
Marth is still pretty bad.
But now he has dthrow bair kill confirm near the ledge at like 70-80% on light-ish characters.

AKA a lot of characters he struggles with, such as Fox, ZSS, MK, etc

Last edited:

Flux0r

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Flux0r
But now he has dthrow bair kill confirm near the ledge at like 70-80% on light-ish characters.

AKA a lot of characters he struggles with, such as Fox, ZSS, MK, etc
That sounds really unreliable, considering he already struggles to get a single u-air at mid percents.

If that's true...

I don't even know what to say.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shaya

「chase you」 
BRoomer
NNID
ShayaJP
The end lag change on jab is at the least pretty significant. Potentially game changing.
Can't say the forward tilt or up tilt buffs are insignificant either. Up Tilt is also adding a lot to his follow up game. Forward Tilt for it's start up and end lag is a crazy strong kill move.

Up Air was lacklustre for killing despite his stronger vertical options than horizontal. Could easily find ourselves killing with it at least 10% earlier, it adds up.
Forward Air doesn't combo, doesn't wall, doesn't do much; it approaching KO power/damage value closer to wiiu release diddy forward air is ... giving it some actual merit.

Darklink401

Smash Master
NNID
Yuki_Hirako
3DS FC
0731-5318-2530
That sounds really unreliable, considering he already struggles to get a single u-air at mid percents.

If that's true...

I don't even know what to say.
Not unreliable at all, even if they DI away Marth just has to jump straight up and bair and it works.

People just don't trust his dthrow enough.

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3

Was this tested by any chance across both versions? (as in you had 1.1.3 on 3DS and 1.1.4 on Wii U?)

TailLover

Smash Apprentice
no Mewtwo changes makes me sad, he got a huge boost to be very viable last patch and all he needed was that little slight push into top tier.

Interested in the Charizard and Yoshi changes, I don't use Yoshi anymore but I still like him, though when I tested zard slightly it didn't feel like anything important changed so it'll prolly just be some dumb small thing

Bowserboy3

Asking mum how to talk to a lady
NNID
Bowserboy3
Well, I have been testing a few of the moves that Marth might have had increased range on, most likely due to their tipper hitbox sizes receiving an increase or something. Using @Vipermoon64's assumptions, I tested the range on those moves. They were... (using one 1.1.3 3ds and one 1.1.4 3ds):

Dtilt
Fair
Shield Breaker
Ftilt
Nair
Dsmash

Of those, I can say that Dtilt, Fair and Nair have a slight increase in their reach. Though small, it's noticable enough to not be human error. Shield Breaker, I could find no increase at all, and Ftilt was negligible, so I am going to put that down to human error. It's possible that Shield Breaker and Ftilt did get a slight increase, but I just couldn't confirm it. I will post the result of it here when I get round to it... DSMASH RESULT: After testing, it is either a similar result to Ftilt, or no change by my testing.

I have comparisons for all the moves with increases, in image form. However, I would end up with multiple posts in this thread, and will most likely get an infraction for double posts, so I will wait and create a short video/slideshow showing the changes when I get home and post it to this thread.

It is also possible that some of his other moves also got similar increases in reach, but I am taking @Vipermoon64's word for it, and assuming that these were the only moves.

For now, I'll leave you guys with one set of images; Forward Air on 1.1.3, and 1.1.4. Look at Marth's front foot in relation to the stripes on the ground. The 1.1.4 one is further back, hence, more range.

Fair 1.1.3.JPG

Fair 1.1.4.JPG

Last edited:

Yoh

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Yoh_Zephyr
Eruption Base Damage: 9 -> 10

That´s not true in the patch notes, Eruption always did 10 base damage.
Even tested in in my old version to be sure.

Last edited:

Mellos

Smash Journeyman
NNID
El_Beslic
Eruption Base Damage: 9 -> 10

That´s not true in the patch notes, Eruption always did 10 base damage.
Even tested in in my old version to be sure.
People compared to Kuragone hammer, probably the site had some wrong information. Thought Falcos Fair was buffed, turned out the site just didn´t display the thing right

brady_boy_26

Smash Cadet
hey that guy did state that there were changer to kirby right?
well i haven't felt any is it possible that the code changed was just adding the new hats?

randomguy1235

Smash Apprentice
What a garbage patch. What's their reasoning for continually neglecting D3 and Jiggs when they've literally buffed every other heavy/low tier in the game? And why do mid-tier characters continually receive buffs instead? Are they not going to properly address Shiek, Zero Suit Spamus, Rosa, etc either?

Last edited:

Buffoon

Smash Ace
NNID
Buffoon_on_U
3DS FC
1719-3804-4029
Can anyone confirm that Lucina got the same changes that Marth got for Jab, Ftilt and Dsmash?

Last edited:
NNID
User7a1

I can confirm that Puff hasn't changed. I've checked all of Puff last night, and none of her moves changed (well, damage wise, but knockback pretty much looked the same). Killed Puff at 38% and DDD at 71% on FD, just to check. Highly doubt there was a knockback buff, though.
As well, Rest Flower still does a maximum of 39% (set CPU to control on Wii U, or pause at the moment of using Rest on 3DS).
No changes to Puff, as stated earlier.

Last edited:

McDareth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
McDareth
I only have a 3DS to test it on and it hasn't been updated since the Wii U version came out. But I also did a test on Duck Hunt on the Wii U and Fox dies at 102% and had a friend test on their 1.1.2 3DS also on Duck Hunt (I know Dream Land has the same blastzones between them so I'm hoping Duck Hunt does as well) and he found that Fox was dying to Up Smash around 114%.
Had a friend with a 1.1.2 patch 3DS test on Duck Hunt and Fox did die earlier to Up Smash in the 1.1.4 patch.

Pkjoan

Smash Apprentice
Can Confirm Marth changes.

Also, where is Falco in the Patch notes?

McDareth

Smash Apprentice
NNID
McDareth
Falco's been changed but we haven't recieved the sufficient data to enter it.
That doesn't explain why he's been missing for almost 6 hours when we know for sure that they removed his ability to Down Throw stage spike characters in the patch.

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
Where's our data dumpers at? Not to be rude, but I'd like to know what they would find.
Anything about Link at least?

The preliminary list of characters from that Twitter page may not be all the characters, you know.

Last edited:

Eugene Wang

Smash Apprentice
I noticed that the members of the Smash 4 triumvirate (:4sheik: :4zss: :rosalina:) were each given a 1-unit weight decrease. How significant is this, exactly? Does this just mean that they're very slightly easier to toss around, or is it more than that?

Radical Larry

Smash Lord
NNID
Crimson-Vulcan
3DS FC
1822-3761-9326
I noticed that the members of the Smash 4 triumvirate (:4sheik: :4zss: :rosalina:) were each given a 1-unit weight decrease. How significant is this, exactly? Does this just mean that they're very slightly easier to toss around, or is it more than that?
The weight changes possibly mean they can be KO'd much faster. Rosalina wouldn't want a weight nerf on her, because that just makes her an easier to toss around character.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom