• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The few things that really makes the game imbalanced and annoying to play.

PremoValentine

Smash Rookie
I feel like the game itself is balanced, but the one thing that kills me it that some characters have almost, absolutely have no recovery time one their moves and can dodge immediately after almost everything. (Ex. Luigi, metaknight, G&W)
Also another thing that bothers me is characters that you cant air-dodge their attacks. You try to air-dodge and you just get hit anyway because they can immediate throw out another move without having to recover. Air-superiority. This is especially bad for characters who have barely any air options. Being able to grab a person behind you with a forward grab is also annoying. Last but not least, the ability to dodge so quickly over and over again. This really accommodates those who have almost no recovery on moves. Other than these few things, I think this game is balanced greatly besides a few character needing a little less lag on their moves like Palutena's tilts.

BlueShadow.EXE

Smash Cadet
NNID
BlueShadow.EXE
3DS FC
2036-9070-3056
Well, Nintendo is going to fix some balancing issues in the next update so, here's hoping for the best!

Red Shirt KRT

Smash Ace
NNID
1-337-PWN-CALL
3DS FC
0044-2813-9398
Those characters with fast dodges have other negatives that account for it . Ex. Luigi has ridiculously slow air movement

stancosmos

Smash Journeyman
I feel like the game itself is balanced, but the one thing that kills me it that some characters have almost, absolutely have no recovery time one their moves and can dodge immediately after almost everything. (Ex. Luigi, metaknight, G&W)
Also another thing that bothers me is characters that you cant air-dodge their attacks. You try to air-dodge and you just get hit anyway because they can immediate throw out another move without having to recover. Air-superiority. This is especially bad for characters who have barely any air options. Being able to grab a person behind you with a forward grab is also annoying. Last but not least, the ability to dodge so quickly over and over again. This really accommodates those who have almost no recovery on moves. Other than these few things, I think this game is balanced greatly besides a few character needing a little less lag on their moves like Palutena's tilts.
The problem here is with you, not the game. Mix it up, the reason people are hitting you after your air dodges is because you're using them at bad times. I play falcon mostly, and if i notice that my opponent air dodges every time i DThrow, i'll just run underneath them and get them with a USmash or FSmash during the landing lag that comes with air dodging. To safely land, you want to mix up air dodges, Different DI, timing out double jumps, and whatever landing attacks your character has. If someones spamming an air dodge, throw out an attack with a lingering hit box and it will still hit them when they get out of the dodge animation.

PremoValentine

Smash Rookie
The problem here is with you, not the game. Mix it up, the reason people are hitting you after your air dodges is because you're using them at bad times. I play falcon mostly, and if i notice that my opponent air dodges every time i DThrow, i'll just run underneath them and get them with a USmash or FSmash during the landing lag that comes with air dodging. To safely land, you want to mix up air dodges, Different DI, timing out double jumps, and whatever landing attacks your character has. If someones spamming an air dodge, throw out an attack with a lingering hit box and it will still hit them when they get out of the dodge animation.
Actually, no. The timing of your air-dodges doesn't always matter in some cases. I'll use Luigi for an example. Let's say he uses his neutral air. I can air-dodge his 1st air attack but he can follow immediately with a second which will hit you regardless ass soon as you come out of your 1st air-dodge. Most of the time this happens with characters is after down throws. It's not that i'm timing them wrong at all. If they jump and attack, i'll dodge the attack but that second attack comes out too quickly to anything about. I've experimented with this quite a few times to make sure it wasn't just me.

And yeah, luigi has slow air movement, but can attack like crazy quickly with almost no recovery time while he's in the air. For all that he has, that's not really much of an equal trade.

Raijinken

Smash Master
Air superiority has always been a property of Smash Bros. It's actually weakened, in this game, because landing is pretty dangerous for the majority of the cast.

Dodging's punishable (unless you're playing online). Just something you have to get used to.

But yes, welcome to the inherent power in all fighting games of characters with quick low-lag attacks.

Top Bottom