• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

The fastest desync ever.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Hi guys. I know nobody likes it when I post, but I wanna share something cool.

It's been known about, but I think we need to start looking at the pivot desync. Right now, I'm experimenting with pivoted jabs. They make you jab in place while Nana dash attacks. I think this would be neat to space dash attacks, de-sync quickly, and be really neato.

But I've got an even better one. Pivoted jumping iceblocks! Weird, huh?

Basically, pivot, and as you pivot hit your jump button. If you do it right, Nana jumps and you just stand there. You can do this REALLY fast if you practice. Basically, it looks as if you just trick Nana into doing a jumping iceblock without any provocation.

Go ahead. Praise me. I know you want to.

Lixivium

Smash Champion
This could be really useful if you could get Nana to do a jumping Blizzard.

Well, can you?

Pye

Smash Journeyman
Montreal. PM me if you're on the island! I need op
O crap. With enough speed, you could scare the **** out of opponents with lightning quick startups on your ice block claser approaches. Usualy, you'd have to roll or spotdodge first, and that indicates a desynch. With this, theres virtually no warning! Very nice!

I need to incorperate dashdance desynchs into my game :(

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Pivoting is something I've been working on a lot lately, and the possibilities it holds with the Climbers are astounding. One time while practicing, I accidently got Nana to Blizzard, while I Dash Danced the opposite direction and did a Blizzard in the opposite direction. I also could have had Nana hit my opponent with the first Blizzard, then WD behind them and do another Blizzard. Flanked by two Blizzards! Then Nana would Blizzard again, while you charge a Smash!

Oh btw Wobbles, I saw this awesome combo you did against Aftermath at NCT2: platform canceled D-air > D-air > Jab > D-Smash. I love it, and I've already pulled it off in a match.

wuthefwasthat

Smash Ace
IC's totally have as much potential as fox

nobody agrees with me... but yeah

desynching > insane shine/laser/etc techskill

but, yeah... thats awesome, wobbles
plus rep for you... you need it after all that wobbling :)

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
That double d-air is my favorite combo in existence :D But I rarely ever pull it off. My favorite reiteration of it was on a Falcon, and it went like this:

Up-smash
Platform cancelled d-air.
Run off, d-air again.
Jab.
Grab.
Infinite.

^_^

I haven't tried it with blizzard yet. That would be pretty awesome. I'm in New York right now though, so I really can't test anything. (But Wobbles, why are you posting at 6:00 in the morning while you're vacationing in New York? Shouldn't you be having drunken orgies in your hotel room? Yes, I should. But I have two brothers in here with me who snore like ogres that frequently dine on wrecked locomotives and megaphones. So I'm still awake)

By the way, I was practicing the pivoted jumping iceblock, and I realized what made it so hard. You have to jump and then have your finger off the jump button during your pivot. So I guess you get... two frames at most on the jump button.

I learned how to do a weird dashdance de-sync a while ago, but I haven't found any use for it at all. If you dash dance, but as you turn hit jump VERY QUICKLY (i.e., the two frames I just mentioned) then do a dash attack, you can have Nana do an aerial while you dash attack. Hard? Yes. Useful? I doubt it.

Of course, you know what this means. If you wanted, you could do a pivoted jab while Nana does an aerial. How hard is this? Well, you have to do the pivot jump de-sync, followed by a jab. Hard, but feasible.

Oh, and another thing: if you dash dance with the right rhythm, you can have Nana do a standing iceblock while you do nothing. Just dash one direction then the other, then hit B. I'm still figuring out the timing.

meepxzero

Smash Master
ftilt guard will always be fastest way of desynching unless you can do it off a jab, but the way you describe it nana can only do her dash attack with the desynch which is my only gripe with pivot desynching you can only make her dash attack and nothing else thats useful.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
You read the part about jumping iceblocks? Oh, you didn't? Hmm. Funny. I thought you'd have read the thread before posting.

Edit: Oh, and the de-sync'ed jab/aerial. Which would let YOU do an iceblock and then have Nana do something, like another iceblock, standing blizzard, or Nanapult. So that's two times in ten posts that we've found non dash-attack de-syncs and you didn't see one. :/

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Bumping because this is awesome; using the jumping pivot de-sync, you can get Nana to do a jumping blizzard from your dash dance.

Also note that the aforementioned dash-dance iceblock can be a blizzard as well. Dash one way, dash the other, and input down+b. Done right, Nana blizzards. The downside is that she's kind of far behind you. The plus side is it's difficult to discern from your normal dash dancing movement. Yar.

Pikaville

Pikaville returns 10 years later.
I just happened to stumble upon this thread because the name of it caught my eye.Now,ive only played the Ice climbers once or twice.But after looking in this forum and seeing some of the stuff they can do im very tempted to pick them up.Plus I love their wavedash.(second best in the game if im not mistaken)The combo possibilities are astounding if you really think about it.As I main sheik her dashdance and wavedash aren't as effective as some other characters(marth,etc)which is why id like a secondary who can use pivots and wavedashing more effectively.Plus the fact that you have a built in teamate to do infinites with.I just can't believe ive been stupid enough to have not checked this forum before.

Reside

Smash Apprentice
sorry, but what excactly do you mean by pivot? does it basicly mean dash dancing? or does it mean just turning around

AzN_Lep

Smash Champion
When you dash dance you'll notice that there's a frame where you character looks like he's standing upright. During this "pivot" point, you can do any attack that you normally be able to do standing.

Mr.C

Smash Master
you can pivot + jab

which makes nana dash attack

then u can wavedash dsmash with popo then make nana iceblock or blizzard

-----------

you dash pivot and instantly make nana blizzard/ice block

------------

pivot fsmash/upsmash/dsmash with popo then make nana blizz or iceblock

-------------

pivot fsmash nana fsmash popo fsmash nana dsmash popo bair nana blizz etcetc

pivoting *****.

ive also pulled off pivot upsmash + uptilt upsmash + uptilt a few times in my day which is pretty =) gg

Mr. Derp

Smash Apprentice
FORMALLY: Ryu777 ...OLD POST COUNT: around 500
sorry wobbles, thomas tipman, an on and off ic player (hes got 1 match up on the web, but I really like his playstyle) discovered this already and in it also mentioned the pivoted jabs, he was. I read that along time ago when I was a ic noob and I had no clue what he was talking about, then I did it by accident expermimenting with pivots and nknew what he was talking about. I'll see if I can find that thing...

but I didnt post just to make you feel bad, it is a very nice quick desycnh and I like it more than most because I dash dance more than your average ic should.

South_Paw

Smash Ace
bump again... and i must say... i was practicing with ic's the other day and i was thinking to myself... "i thing pivoting is a excellent desynch... i never see anyone do it"

then i find this thred... /tears

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
That's why I said in the first post, "I know it's been known about, but..." A lot of stuff has been discovered about this game. The likelihood that I of all people would find anything truly new is, in my wildest dreams, miniscule. But when you can only think of one or two widely recognized IC players, I think it's time we started, as a community for the character, expanding our gameset. Just because it's been discovered doesn't mean there's no point to bringing it up again.

I'll be honest, I had never seen anybody ever mention it, apart from in the de-sync guide. So I figured that if everyone had forgotten, it would be better to draw attention to it once again. That's all.

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
its really useful to me when i land it... which is like 1/5th of the time... and hurray for wobbles, i cant wait til the next tier list, where we will see your work shine...

Sock

Smash Cadet
Soon it's going to be Nana doing all the work and Popo just standing there :p

Go Mr Wobbleface xx

Lixivium

Smash Champion
I'll be honest, I had never seen anybody ever mention it, apart from in the de-sync guide. So I figured that if everyone had forgotten, it would be better to draw attention to it once again. That's all.
The reason nobody mentions it is probably that it's so hard to do. Pivoting is one of the more advanced techniques and most people (certainly myself) can't do it consistently enough to use it. If you screw up a pivot -> SH blizzard, you'll most likely have both IC's doing a SH blizzard, which is pretty punishable.

Delphiki

Smash Champion
Yes, Rob, desynchs can be done out of dash dances as long as Nana is dash dancing or slowing down, and within her 'leash,' as I call it. That's the range limit within which she can be given commands. With leash dash desynching, you can Blizzard, WD, pivot, D-Smash, D-tilt, grab, or dash attack. The only one of these I really use is the Blizzard, but I should start using the others a lot more. And yes, I've just coined this leash dash desynching.

Spontaneous Spaz

Smash Cadet
pivot desyncing is definitely the most advanced and maybe most difficult move a character can attempt. i've hit it a few times, almost accidental, and when it happens, popo smashes, and nana does the running a, but i cant see how it might help, because if you have the speed and ability to change/move ur fingering and tell nana to do blizzard right after you initiate the pivot smash, there's no reason for u ever to lose. with speed like that, its impossible to get hit or miss ur attacks. i'd like to see it done w/ the perfect control program they use in that video

chu12ch

Smash Journeyman
Funny story... my first tourney, i knew nothing about professional smash... and chu dat was there, and my name was church... there were 2 ice climbers, chu and chur... aww those were the days... the only things i did somewhat advanced were dash cancelling and short hopping...

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Hey guys... I have another de-sync to share with you, I'm not entirely sure how useful it can be, but it's worth knowing, I think.

Here's how it goes:

1) Waveland off a platform
2) While Nana is still sliding and you glide off the platform, fire an iceblock.

If you do it right, Nana will go straight to the ground while you are using your iceblock. It's pretty fast and if you have a tendency to waveland like I do, probably pretty innocuous. I likes it ^_^

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Hey guys... I have another de-sync to share with you, I'm not entirely sure how useful it can be, but it's worth knowing, I think.

Here's how it goes:

1) Waveland off a platform
2) While Nana is still sliding and you glide off the platform, fire an iceblock.

If you do it right, Nana will go straight to the ground while you are using your iceblock. It's pretty fast and if you have a tendency to waveland like I do, probably pretty innocuous. I likes it ^_^
I just found this out the other day, but I can only seem to do this when wavelanding backwards. Does it not work if you waveland forwards or am I doing it wrong? :confused:

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
I don't know how to solve your problem, but I was messing around with it and... I came up with an interesting way to fire four iceblocks incredibly quickly -_- But I gotta go, I'll tell you about it later ^_^

Top Bottom