• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

"The Falcon Ditto" Melee Mod V 1.0 By CaptainJazz

CaptainJazz

Smash Cadet

THE FALCON DITTO HACK PACK, BY CAPTAINJAZZ
***** The process of installing this hack pack is similar to 20XX. I'm reaching out to all Melee modders to assist me in making this perfect version of Melee possible by messaging me if you have any advice, methods of achievement, or would like to work with me on this.*****

DOWNLOAD HERE

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​
The point of this hack pack is to make Melee the sexiest Melee it can be. No more boring characters. Just Falcon.

Changelog:
Miscellaneous
  • Boot goes to sexy intro video, and then immediately to CSS. (Starreaver1)
  • Changed trophy notification to give information of version (Help From CeLL)
  • Added super awesome time-saving .DOL mods, like auto 4 stock, 8min, no items, correct random stages, unlocked all stages, etc. (Help From those listed on The DOL Mod Topic)
Audio
  • Changed Menu theme to something much sexier. (Help From GodFed)
Intro Video
  • Changed intro video to S2J Combo Video in Slo-Mo (Help From GodFed)
  • Changed Intro video music to the greatest song of all time. (Help From GodFed)
Character Select Screen
  • Sexy pink layout. (Credit to @Myougi for sharing of information)
  • Changed CSS Icons to a mural of sexiness. (Credit to Steelia for texture dumps and offsets)
  • Removed Other Characters Names, portraits, emblems, and the ability to pick anyone other than falcon altogether. Even opening a slot will always give you the manly man. (ALL CREDIT TO Achilles1515)
  • Added custom CSP for pink/white Falcon (Help From Steelia)
Stage Select Screen

• Custom black background and removal of weird background textures. (Thanks to @Myougi for that)
Battle Screen
  • Custom texture replacement for pink/white falcon.
  • Custom Stock Icon for pink/white falcon. (Special thanks to CeLL for finding offsets and for DRGN's program.)
  • Custom Pink Emblem for Player1 instead of red behind percentages,etc. (LanceinthePants)
  • Unrestricted pause camera, for sexier screenshotting angles. (Achilles)
IN THE NEXT UPDATE:
  • Add the toggleable alt costumes for Falcon like in 20XX, for more sexy Falcons.
  • All custom background music, not just random music.
  • Custom "Falcon" chant into hype sounds.
  • Figure out finally how to change the SSS background to something sexier.
  • Change the "Back" and "Ready to fight" text on the CSS to something pink.
  • Change player ports to pink, and change individual port colors to colors other than primary colors.

Last edited:

DRGN

Technowizard
Replacing the universe insignias behind the CSPs should be pretty simple since they're _0 image type, albeit somewhat tedious. The tedious part being getting the offsets for all the textures. You can do that by dumping the textures, turning them into the TPL data as they exist in the game, then searching for them in the dat file they belong to. Idk what file they're from, but someone else might. Or you can try searching in a few files yourself with an educated guess based on the file's purpose. If you get a match you'll see where the match starts, and there's your offset. All of this is explained in greater detail in the texture hacking guide. You'll probably at least want to read the part on searching for textures manually in step 2, and maybe some of the stuff in the Pre-Guide Basics if you're not familiar with that stuff.

Once you have the offsets, it's easy from there. Create a blank, fully transparent image that's the same dimensions as the original textures. You just need one, since you'll replace all of the images with it. Then, DAT Texture Wizard has a seldom-needed [but awesome when it is] ability to overwrite one texture into multiple places. To do that, just give it the DAT file, the filepath to your texture, and then when you get to the part with the arrow and the offsets, add in all of the offsets, separated by commas. For example:

C:\folder\folder\imafile_0.png --> offset1, offset2, offset3, etc.

Edit: I had a hunch the insignias were in the same file as the character icons since they serve a similar purpose. And I was right, they're in IfAll.usd. (e.g. Ness' insignia is at 0xA9E0) Also, I figured, well, Dolphin's already open and in this mode, I might as well dump the other ones; so here they are: Universe Insignias. :p

Btw, you know what's kinda weird that I just noticed? All the Mario universe characters have a mushroom, except Yoshi, who has an egg instead. Wtf? lol

Last edited:

Cyjorg

tiny.cc/19XXTE
This is hilarious. Give me a sec and I'll get the SSS up and working.

Edit: ran into a bug with battlefield 2. I know the problem but I'm to tired to fix it tonight. Should have it done tomorrow. Sorry

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
Only C. Falcon is Selectable at CSS
0425fb78 3BE00007
C2260c14 00000004
88030001 2C000000
4082000C 38000002
48000008 38000000
60000000 00000000

Code:
* Only C. Falcon is Selectable at CSS *
inject @ 80260c14
- Does comparison to check if character is unlocked
    - r0 = 0 is locked (not selectable)
    - r0 = 2 is unlocked (selectable)

#load External ID of character
lbz r0,0x1(r3)

#is External ID Falcon?
cmpwi r0,0
bne- END_ZERO
li r0,2
b 0x8

END_ZERO:
#make character unselectable
li r0,0

---------------------

Opening Slots/Random Defaults to C. Falcon
0425fb78 3BE00007
Geez....this took me wayyy too long for the end product to be so simple. I had the right idea at first and then just veered way off onto the hard track and wasted so much time. Gotta get back to basics.

Last edited:

CaptainJazz

Smash Cadet
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Now if this code makes other characters unselectable, does that also mean it removes the character portraits from the CSS?

Also, could you make those codes dummyproof? Im a dummy. Offsets and injections for both codes?

Last edited:

Achilles1515

Smash Master
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Now if this code makes other characters unselectable, does that also mean it removes the character portraits from the CSS?

Also, could you make those codes dummyproof? Im a dummy. Offsets and injections for both codes?
The character choose icons that you put your cursor over of top of are still there. But hovering over them won't produce any results - it never shows any other character's CSP. Just try it in Dolphin.

I'm leaving it up to you for the time being to make these as DOL mods if you want them as such. It will be an important skill to have if you plan on continuing with a large project.

Here, I outlined how to make an "04XXXXXX YYYYYYYY" ASM overwrite Gecko code into a DOL mod. So you'd use this for the "Opening Slots/Random Default to Falcon".

For the C2 injection code, Sham Rock has a guide on how to inject those into the DOL. Any space with a chain of "00000000"s at the beginning of the DOL (before offset 0x2000 or so) is fine to use.

Last edited:

zankyou

Smash Lord
@ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 Can you still help me add the toggleable alt costumes for Falcon, for more sexy Falcons, please?
It would take some work but since Falcon is the only selectable charcter you could lock each port to a different color and then recreate the falcon skins for each color. Its a lot of work but this way you wouldnt be limited to only skins of an unselected color.

CaptainJazz

Smash Cadet
It would take some work but since Falcon is the only selectable charcter you could lock each port to a different color and then recreate the falcon skins for each color. Its a lot of work but this way you wouldnt be limited to only skins of an unselected color.
I would love to understand what you mean, and work towards this!

Quillion

Smash Hero
Oh, if only there were animation mods. Then EVERYONE could get Falcon's moveset.

zankyou

Smash Lord
You mean to say that exists beyond animation swaps and FSMs?
Swapping character animations was done back in the days of AR codes. Theres a list of compatible swaps someone was making. Don't know if it was ever finished.

DRGN

Technowizard
I would love to understand what you mean, and work towards this!
I think what he means is, instead of having each character icon be a select icon for Falcon (where you can then change his costume after you've selected him), you have each character icon be a different Falcon costume. So then you don't have to use the x/y buttons to change colors. And then you could lock each character selection from having the ability to change colors via x/y.

I think that would be pretty cool.

CeLL

Smash Lord
I think what he means is, instead of having each character icon be a select icon for Falcon (where you can then change his costume after you've selected him), you have each character icon be a different Falcon costume. So then you don't have to use the x/y buttons to change colors. And them you could lock each character selection from having the ability to change colors via x/y.

I think that would be pretty cool.
I like this idea. I bet you could even switch out the other characters' CSPs for Falcon CSPs and use them. Same with stock icons. Note that I have no experience writing ASM, so this probably won't work for some reason, the way I'd do this is just to remove the ability to switch your costume with X and Y, then write a code that activates right before you start a match that switches the files loaded by specific character IDs. For example if someone picks Peach (they could only pick neutral Peach, and the CSS icon and CSP would be a Falcon costume) then the code would switch their character ID to Falcon's and switch the costume loaded to some other file (like Achilles' alt costume code does. I'd suggest adding in the extra Falcon costumes as separate files in the iso) based on the fact that their character ID was Peach's. So like each character ID would represent a certain file name, which is a Falcon costume, and regardless of character ID the code would switch the ID to Falcon's. Idk how the game chooses what stock icon to use but you would leave that alone and just edit the proper stock icons for the Falcon costume, i.e. Peach's stock icon would be texture hacked to be a stock icon for the Falcon costume you get when you select her. Please remember I bet this doesn't work for some reason because I've never done ASM.

Last edited:

CaptainJazz

Smash Cadet
I like this idea. I bet you could even switch out the other characters' CSPs for Falcon CSPs and use them. Same with stock icons. Note that I have no experience writing ASM, so this probably won't work for some reason, the way I'd do this is just to remove the ability to switch your costume with X and Y, then write a code that activates right before you start a match that switches the files loaded by specific character codes. For example if someone picks Peach (they could only pick neutral Peach, and the CSS icon and CSP would be a Falcon costume) then the code would switch their character ID to Falcon's and switch the costume loaded to some other file (like Achilles' alt costume code does. I'd suggest adding in the extra Falcon costumes as separate files in the iso) based on the fact that their character ID was Peach's. So like each character ID would represent a certain file name, which is a Falcon costume, and regardless of character ID the code would switch the ID to Falcon's. Idk how the game chooses what stock icon to use but you would leave that alone and just edit the proper stock icons for the Falcon costume, i.e. Peach's stock icon would be texture hacked to be a stock icon for the Falcon costume you get when you select her. Please remember I bet this doesn't work for some reason because I've never done ASM.
Between you, @ Z zankyou , @ Achilles1515 Achilles1515 and @Steelia, I know we can do this. I want it so badly.

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
This is truly the greatest Smash Bros of all time. Might as well throw in the towel on Project M, 20XX, SDR, and every other mod and official game.

Last edited:

flieskiller

Smash Journeyman
Leaving the CSS makes the game crash.

Also, will there be a toggle to disable random music in the stages?

Cool mod btw, I hope you will make some neat stuff in the CSS, like a lot more Falcon stuff to make it the ultimate Falcon Ditto mod.

Cpt.Love

Smash Cadet
I found this stuff as I was watching this thread for the 1st time, cosmic! :D
Apparently it's from a cd like special edition with F-zero on Snes... so I guess that's makes it fair use Nintendo material haha
Anyway, we should have a tourney as a side event at smashcon with this, it'd be DOPE!
THANKS FOR MAKING SOMETHING I WANTED TO EXIST SINCE LIKE '08 AYYY lmao

Last edited:

SinsOfApathy

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Psion312
Holy crap, this is so perfect it's amazing! lmao

Listening to it, I can actually picture the captain on the sax....
Looking at the art style, I genuinely expected it to be "Take On Me." I was pleasantly surprised.

DRGN

Technowizard
Perhaps?

Also, it'd be cool to see some more work done on this. There was never a code developed to make all of the character selections different Falcon costumes, was there? Did anyone start something like that? That'd be really cool, and a great way to finally use so many of the great Falcon skins! I'd even be willing to help make some new CSPs.

CaptainJazz

Smash Cadet
Perhaps?

Also, it'd be cool to see some more work done on this. There was never a code developed to make all of the character selections different Falcon costumes, was there? Did anyone start something like that? That'd be really cool, and a great way to finally use so many of the great Falcon skins! I'd even be willing to help make some new CSPs.
That'd be great, @ DRGN DRGN ! @ Z zankyou was supposed to be making that happen, but he hasnt responded regaring the project in months. :( not to mention it has been so long since ive worked on this that my melee modding memory has left me. It will take some time to regain it..

Top Bottom